Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Bestowed To Prince Vegeta ❯ Lord Bardock the Chubby ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: This fiction is based on a novel called Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix. I in no which way whatever own this wonderful story and I am only using it's plot for your enjoyment. I am not making profit off of this, so I humbly ask that Aladdin publishers do not sue me.

super_JM: I'm glad you liked it. Well, you didn't have to wait long for another chapter! You're great and thanx for your review!

Okay, I couldn't take it any longer, enjoy Chapter 2!

Bestowed To Prince Vegeta

Chapter 2: Lord Bardock the Chubby

I must have fallen asleep again, because when I awoke, there was weak cackling flames shadowed along the wall. Though a high window, sunlight filtered in, doing it's best to brighten the room. I have quickly found that castles are dark, gloomy places, nothing but shadows, even when the sum was highest in the sky. My eyes were not used to this. When I was younger I spent most of my day outside, rather than in. I remember that my father taught me how to read, only to try to keep me in the house. But I would sneak his books outside and read them under the shade of our gigantic hazel tree.

I hadn't even been out of the castle once. I thought princesses were supposed to know horsemanship or something like that. Shouldn't someone be giving me lessons outside? I was set on to ask. The thought motivated me to get up quickly and wash my face with dynamism.

It was 4 hours later and I was on my 3rd lesson of day, and I still hadn't had the chance to ask anyone. How could dining table etiquette, conversational French and royal genealogy take up so much time? Royal genealogy would have caught my interest if it were the kind that my father used to talk to me about. The history that Lord Bardock told me about was dull and boring and nothing of interest ever happened.

"The next king, Vegeta the Ninth, was known to all as the bridges king, because he built many bridges along the land. And each bridge was durable and strong and existed for thousands of years," he said, resting his hands on his massive stomach. To me, he looked half pig, and half Saiyan. I imagined him trying to run, and I found out I really didn't want to know what Lord Bardock would look running. That's something I never wanted to see.

"Some of his bridges are still-"

Lord Bardock's annoying drone stopped abruptly. He gasped, sending a stricken look across his fat features.

"Lord Bardock? Are you okay?" I asked. "Lord Bardock?"

His head fell to the side, his tongue hanging out. His face turned gray.

"Lord Bardock?" I fiddled with his collar hidden under undless rolls of double chins. I undid his top button and his cravat. He needed to get air. Why wasn't he breathing? "Help! Somebody help Lord Bardock!" I screamed.

The castle walls were nearly too thick, for anyone to hear me. Nobody came. I used all of my strength to pull him to the floor, hoping that being stretched out would allow him to breathe easier. I straightened out his body, trying to make him more comfortable, if he wasn't already dead.

"I will be right back Lord Bardock," I whispered as I raced for help. "I promise."

In the hall, I lifted my skirts breaking into a run. I had to find a servant to go get the physician, only I had to find one that cared enough to run. As I turned a corner, I collided with a serving girl, no more that a child really. She looked to be 10 or 11.

"Go get the physician," I ordered. "Tell him that Lord Bardock is dying in my room!"

"Yes, Princess," she said going into a graceful curtsy.

"Forget that, Run!" I commanded.

The girl stopped in mid-curtsy and fled in the direction of the physician's chambers.

I fled back to my room, praying that Lord Bardock wasn't already dead. A stench informed me that he was definitely alive enough to fart.

I took his hand in mine. "Lord Bardock, can you hear me?" I wished that I hadn't been so cruel to compare him to a fattened hog. He may have been dull, but I was sure that he had family, someone who loved him...

"Unnhhh," he grunted.

I bent over him, laying my head upon his chest to see if his heart was still beating. It was there, but it was slow and sluggish, like a turtle trying to climb several flights of stairs.

"Princess? What ever are you doing?"

I turned around shocked, and there was Madame Kathryn, waiting to teach me my next lesson.

"It's Lord Bardock, he's ill," I said. "Do you know-"

I stopped because Madame Kathryn was looking at me with so much horror that she had turned white.

"It's His Excellency, the Lord Bardock," she corrected. "And a true princess, would never lie on the floor with her head on a man's bare chest." She swayed, prepared to faint.

I looked down and saw that Lord Bardock's shirt was opened practically to his waist and his immense blubber was spilling out. I tried to pull his waistcoat together, but I failed miserably. I scrambled over to Madame Kathryn and helped her onto the lounge.

"I think that he's dying," I said in vain. "I didn't know what to do."

"That is what doctors are intended to do," she said weakly.

"I sent for one," I said irritated. "But there wasn't a doctor here when it happened. Just me."

She responded by fluttering her eyelashes.

At that moment, the court physician came into the room. He brought along an assortment of men with him, all standing a couple of steps behind him. He bowed deeply. "Princess, Madame, charmed as ever," he said. "Now, I must beg you to excuse us."

Madame Kathryn, suddenly energized, rose and sent me a stern glare that made me feel like a dog. I followed her out of my chambers.

"We will use my chambers for your lesson today," she said taking long strides.

"They will tell us how he's doing, won't they?" I asked.

"I didn't realize that you were so fond of His Excellency," she said sardonically. "I'm sure you will be told what is appropriate."

"Yes, Madame Kathryn," I said meekly.

A/N: Whew! Another chapter finished and done with. Sorry about making Bardock fat, it just fitted with the plot, so my story would work. And I also find it extremely hilarious! Just try to picture a fat Bardock and you'll get why I'm laughing! LOL! Once again please send me your comments!