Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Blink Twice And Breathe ❯ Blink Twice and Breathe ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Blink Twice And Breathe

"He was there, if only for a moment."

"Aw!" Colette sighed again, her eyes grazing the lines of a sweet Goku and ChiChi story called "Wash The Tears Away". She imagined herself in ChiChi's place, and found herself content then. If only, if only. . .

Her eyes glanced around the dark, empty room. Her parents gone to bed long ago. The shadows and voices that she used to hear hadn't shown in a while. And although eerie, they had been somewhat comforting. Like someone guarding her.

She finished the story and pushed her chair away from the desk, staring down at the floor while thoughts ran through her head. Forbidden thoughts of him.

Fingers grazed her shoulder and she spun around, to find no one.

Then it came, the voice, "Hey. Colette."

It was a quick whisper, a familiar one. She knew it, recoganized it, could it possibly be?

No! She quickly shook herself of the nonsense and dropped her gaze downward again.

A firm hand came to rest upon her shoulder, "If you start from down there, I'd say you're moving to quickly."

Her head shot up, her breath caught in her throught. Slowly she turned to look over her shoulder. No, was it?

Eyes like the night-sky stared back at her, a sincere smile on his lips. He said nothing as she stared awestruck at him. Him. Impossible. She blinked twice, and took a deep breath. He was still there, not faded into the wind like most good things would be. It was. It was him.

"Goku?"

Her voice came slow, unsure. He nodded to reassure her, getting a smile out of the hesitation. She sat there, staring at him, still amazed, wondering how, and trying to keep the tears from her eyes. He chuckled and held out his arms. She finally allowed the tears to come as she stood, and ran into his embrace.

She pressed herself against him, gripping his shirt firmly with both hands. He wrapped his strong arms around her, holding her close. He rubbed her back gently, feeling her hold loosen.

She stepped back slightly to look up at him, the same man she spent hours looking at, often cursing the barrier known as a TV screen that seperated them. "Goku, how did you. . ."

He pressed a finger to her lips, "Shhh. It doesn't matter. I knew you wanted me, I could hear you. I know how you feel about me."

Colette felt the blush spreading across her cheeks, wanting to look down, but not able to free herself of his crystal, obsidian eyes. "You know?"

"Yes."

"You and me. You must think I'm so stupid, for even thinking such a thing."

Goku chuckled, "I will compliment you on your good taste. And then I'll say this." He brought his hand under her chin, meeting her eyes with his. "We may live in separate worlds, able to meet only through dreams and miracles. But I'm always with you. Right here." He lowered his hand to her heart. "I know you keep me there already, just believe it. And you'll be in mine too."

So much, there was so much to say to him. But the words wouldn't come. "Goku, I. . .I. . ."

He moved his hand up to brush the hair from her eyes, caressing her cheek against his palm. She leaned into his touch. So warm, everything she wanted.

Colette sighed, burying her face in his shirt. He stroaked her hair, brushing his fingers against the back of her neck as she clung to him.

Her grip tightened again, "Don't go." She whispered, "Please don't go."

"I have to." Goku replied.

"No!" She got even closer, if that was possible, holding him as tight as she could. "I want you here. Don't go. Goku, please don't go! You can't!" She sobbed, her face stained with tears again. Not tears of joy this time, but tears of fear.

Goku's face saddened, he came to only cheer her up. Now if he left she would be worse than before. And this wasn't some selfish child wanting his way. She truly did want him to stay, because of her feelings for him.

"I love you."

The words came, soft and unsteady, but clear. Goku gasped. No, no. Don't do this. Don't love me. I can't. . .I. He stopped, looking down at the girl in his arms. Her face stained with fresh tears, her breath coming slow. "Listen, I don't want you to cry. And because I do care for you, I'll let this pass by."

"Let what pa. . ."

Her sentence was cutoff, unable to be finished. Her question was answered when he pressed his lips against hers in a somewhat forceful, gentle kiss. A dream? A miracle? No, this was heaven, both, and more. She snaked her arms around his neck, melting into his touch, never wanting to let go. She begged time to stop, prayed for eternity to circle around them, knowing it futile. All good things must come to an end.

Goku broke the kiss, for Colette would've held it forever. "Do you have to go?" She asked.

"I do, I'm sorry."

She shook her head, "Don't be. I understand."

"Come on. I'll take you to bed." He picked her up in a fireman's carry. She lay her hand on his chest, the feel of his body soothing her. He stood there for a moment, watching her. Her eyes closed, a sweet smile on her face. He kissed her forehead, tracing her features with his eyes.

Usually it took a good hour or so for her to get to sleep. But she was asleep already, comfroted by his presence. Goku smiled, "Sweet dreams, dear angel. Maybe we'll meet there tonight." He turned to take her into her bedroom, leaving the world and it's worries behind.

He layed her in her bed, giving her a final kiss on the cheek, and turning away. "Goku." He heard her mutter in her sleep, glancing back at her over his shoulder.

"Goodnight."

From out of nowhere, a beam of light swirled, opening a spireling portal. Vegeta stood at it's entrance, looking out at him, "Are you finished?" He growled.

"Uh-huh." Goku nodded.

Vegeta looked over at Colette, resting in the bed, "Is that her?" He asked.

"It is." Goku answered, looking back at her. "She's pretty. Don't you think."

"I suppose." Vegeta hesitantly replied. "Now hurry up, we don't have all day."

"I'm coming." Goku turned and walked into the portal, and then it faded from view, as if never there.

Colette blinked, sitting up to find herself in bed, "Wait? Wasn't I. . ." Was it all just a dream? From the corner of her eye, she saw a sparkle of light, and heard a voice.

"I'm always with you. And you'll be with me too."

She smiled, "Always, Goku."