Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Branded ❯ Chapter 12

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"These new recruits are stronger than ever," King Vegeta told the tyrant who had made himself comfortable on his throne. "And with the addition of your new armor and technology, they will be able to clear an entire planet in just a couple of days."

Frieza sat with his legs crossed, his tail twitching idly as he surveyed the rows of soldiers with the scouter fixed over his eye. On either side of him stood his constant bodyguards and lackeys, Zarbon and Dodoria. Frieza dismissed the troops with a casual wave of his finger and waited patiently until the king and prince were the only Saiyans left in the room.

"Quite impressive, aren't they?" King Vegeta asked nervously after the door had closed behind the last warrior. "They are the strongest Saiyans we have on the planet besides me and my son here."

Frieza looked Vegeta up and down and tapped the button on his scouter. He waited for the readout to flash and smiled. "Now that's impressive!" he said.

King Vegeta proudly put his hand on his son's shoulder. "He will be a fine ruler while I am away supervising the troops."

"Oh, I don't think that will be necessary," Frieza said as he stood to face the king, Zarbon and Dodoria hurrying to his side. "I am quite capable of doing that task myself. On the other hand, I am looking for a successor." He pointedly looked at Vegeta. "Someone I can teach and train in my own fashion. I think I have just found him."

"Now wait a minute!" King Vegeta protested. "Vegeta is my son and the future ruler of this planet!"

"Not anymore." Frieza raised up to hover just above the ground and floated toward the door.

"Zarbon, please show our new guest to his room on my ship."

"No!" King Vegeta shouted, pushing Zarbon away from Vegeta, who stood in silent shock. Zarbon was about to strike back, but Frieza raised his hand. He stared intently at King Vegeta until the Saiyan began to gasp for breath, his hands clawing at his throat.

"You should know by now, you stupid monkey, that I always get what I want," Frieza said calmly as the king dropped to his knees in pain. He then turned to Vegeta. "You would be smart to learn from your father's mistakes. With me, you will become more powerful than you ever imagined and command your own armies. Without me, you will be eliminated like the pesky monkeys you are."

Vegeta was still unable to speak and watched helplessly as his father fought against the unseen force strangling him. The power of the smaller man was both frightening and intriguing to Vegeta. Frieza laughed and broke his hold. The king lay gasping like a fish out of water while his son was led away by the tyrant's bodyguards.

"Zarbon, I'm feeling generous today," Frieza said before they reached his space ship. "Why don't you take the young prince here back into the palace to say goodbye to his father and anyone else he feels he can't live without."

"Certainly, Lord Frieza," Zarbon said with a bow and a sly smile. He then followed Vegeta back to the throne room while Dodoria accompanied Frieza to the ship.

"Don't worry, son," King Vegeta whispered. "I will lead an attack on Frieza's ship and you will be safely home before nightfall."

“Yes, sir," Vegeta said, knowing there was no way even their strongest troops would be able to stand long against Frieza's powers.

Vegeta then went to explain the situation to Beli. With Zarbon watching and listening, he wasn't able to properly show his affections, but she understood. She was even able to restrain her tears as she wished him well and promised to take care of Ruga, and his child, herself.

Then, with nothing else to keep him in the palace, Zarbon escorted him to his new home, Frieza's ship.