Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Breakdown ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Breakdown

Chapter Two:

Surreal: (ser reel) adj. 1. of, related to, or characteristic of surrealism.

"Congratulations," Vegeta said sarcastically. "So there's a will, a way, yet we know absolutely nothing about what we're going to do?"

"Yeah."

"Of course."

"Bingo."

Vegeta shook his head after each answer was given. So much for brilliance. But a response from `Goku' surprised Vegeta.

"Why don't we wish Vegeta-sei and all its inhabitants back to the realm of the living?" Goku asked.

Everyone at the table looked toward Bulma, whose face fell on the impact of six eyes.

"We only get one wish. We either wish back everyone from Vegeta-sei, in which, they would all suffocate in space, or, we wish back a barren planet," she said pessimistically. So much for thinking about using the dragonballs.

"Isn't there any other wish that might help us?"

"Well, Goku, if you come up with one, I'll consider it." Bulma said. Nothing seemed to be working out. The whole crew was stumped. The table then slipped into a reflection kind of silence.

Suddenly, a loud beeping surprised everyone at the table, including the man who was responsible.

Goku revealed from his pocket a scouter, and placed in on his ear to uncover what was causing the thing to go off so suddenly.

"You still have that thing?" Vegeta asked.

Before Goku could open his mouth, Bulma smirked. "What are you talking about, Vegeta? Yours is sitting in my lab. As a matter of fact . . ." she paused and looked at the two boys in the yard. "Hey Trunks, go get your father's scouter!"

The young boy nodded and quickly ran in the building while Bulma leaned back in her chair. "Yours is probably reacting to the same thing Goku's is. By the way, what is it, Goku?"

Goku stared at the contraption in disbelief. "It claims there is a huge power level coming from the north, near the mountains. But I know for certain that there is no one on this planet with that kind of power."

"Then perhaps it's not from this planet." Vegeta said, offering his opinion. Goku continued to stare at the scouter long after Vegeta said his sentiment.

"Here, mom," said a small voice from beside the table. Trunks handed the object over to his mother and watched as she too found the large ki signature. He had no idea what was going on.

"We should go check it out," Goku said directing his quote toward Vegeta.

Vegeta stared at the glass of the wicker table top, scowling. He knew that Goku was right. The two of them would have to go check it out because Earth had become their new home, and thus, they needed to help protect it. "Alright then. Kakarot, let's go," he said as he stood up. He glanced back to Bulma and the scouter in her hands. "We'll communicate to you via the scouter."

Bulma nodded her head and watched the two men fly off. `Please be careful.'

**Yep, that was a short chapter. It was mostly just a filler and I had no idea what to do with it. You see, this story, unlike any that I've done in the past, is one that I have absolutely no idea where I'm going with it. So, I have no idea how long it may take me to get chapters up. But I have made an outline!

Also, I'm sure that someone out there is wondering about the lack of Gohan. Well folks, I wanted to keep the children's ages somewhat close to each other as in the manga. And, unfortunately, Gohan just doesn't fit. Either Goku or Chichi (and perhaps Goten) will explain what happened to an `unborn' child. I'm supposing that my alter ego wanted this child to be Gohan.

Thank you for any other reviews that I may have gotten before ff.net decided to take this story off the first time. I expect someone to review this time as well.**