Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Breakdown ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Three:

Hope: n. 1. a feeling that what is wanted will happen; desire accompanied by expectation.

Trunks stared at the seemingly cloudless sky. His father was going somewhere, after Goten's father. And the boy was not very secure about it. He had entirely missed the conversation between the adults only a few seconds earlier. Trunks was positive that they did not want Goten and himself to hear anyway. Besides, Goten had found a lizard, and had forced Trunks' attention to the green reptile.

The boy hated not to know what was going on, so he pulled Goten along with him up to the gazebo. The child's blue eyes stared intently at his mother's own eyes, demanding for an answer to a question that had not been answered yet.

"Where did our dad's go?" Trunks asked with a monotone voice. All the emotion he needed showed through his icy eyes that stipulated his request for an answer.

Bulma was surprised at her son. Never had he looked so . . . much like his father. Incessant. Persistent. And then she sighed. "I figured you would want to know," she said quietly. She waited for a few seconds before finishing her response. "Unfortunately, I can't tell you."

That statement even made the other woman look up in curiosity. Chichi stared at Bulma, who wringed her hands beneath the table. "What do you mean?" she asked the other woman.

"I have no idea what Goku and Vegeta are getting into. I'm worried. I'm worried that whatever is out there might inhibit them to come back."

Trunks listened to his mother's words intently. The nine-year-old boy had never seen his mother this way before. He had always pictured her as carefree, happy even. This was a side of her that had not ever shown before, in public anyway.

~*~*~*~

"We're 20 meters away from the site," Goku said to the other man flying beside him. "We should probably walk from here." He stopped in the air and, with a nod, so did Vegeta. The two men then dropped to the ground.

The land was practically barren with large boulders dotting the surface. Patches of green could be spotted, but each was sparse and far from another. From where the two Saiya-jins stood, a tiny spot could be seen in the distance. They both could already tell that it was a space pod.

"It's one of Frieza's," Vegeta said immediately after noticing a small symbol on the pod's surface. "And whoever it is is looking for us."

Goku then did something that only Vegeta might have done. He smirked. "Don't you think we should go welcome them then?" he asked. He was, after all, Saiya-jin as well.

Vegeta smirked too and nodded to the other man. "Of course."

And the two flew to the site not caring anymore whether whomever had come had to see them or not. When they landed, they were both surprised at who had come to Earth, and who was now standing in front of them, smiling.

"Well, I see I don't have to find you," Zarbon said with malice.

"Why do you want us?" Goku asked.

"You two are practically the only Saiya-jins left in the universe; if you did not know. Frieza was very unhappy that you two did not get caught in the blast. So, I was sent to find you."

Vegeta rolled his eyes, a trait that he had caught from Bulma. "So, are you here to kill us? Or just say, 'Tag, you're it'?"

Zarbon tried to keep down a growl. "Neither as a matter of fact. Frieza wants to kill you personally."

"Well, I'm not going without a fight." Goku said simply.

Zarbon got into a fighting stance. "Then I guess I will have to subdue you." He flew toward Goku at top-notch speeds, his fist poised for a punch.

Goku though, merely caught his hand and punched the other man himself. He could not help but feel cocky. Vegeta just watched the fight, crossing his arms over his chest and grinning as he saw Goku dominate the fight.

~*~*~*~

High in the sky, above a tower containing a cat named Korin, there was a small area where three people stood. A tall green man with a white cape, an old green man with a tall staff, and a short man who watered the flowers.

The old one could easily see the fight below. "Be prepared, Piccolo," he said to the other green man, "they may need your help."

Piccolo snorted. "Why should I help them?"

"Because they know of the Dragonballs." the short man named Popo chimed in.

Piccolo just crossed his arms over his chest and continued to meditate. He really didn't want to help the two Saiya-jins.

**Thank you, thank you!! ::bows:: Now. I have entertained you (hopefully) now it's your turn to give me some feedback!! I have yet to get a review for ANYTHING!! Someone give me a response! ::whines::**