Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Promises ❯ In The Begginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Pan pulled her hair up in a pony tail. She quickly slipped on her sandles, and walked out onto the porch of Capsule Corp. Trunks was supposed to make an important announcement today. It must be good news, because he was so happy. Bulma was all giddy, so she was probably in on it as well.



Pan heaved a huge sigh. ‘I wonder what it could be. Maybe..’ her thoughts drifted off as the smell of her Grandmothers cooking reached her noise. She dashed into the kitchen, just as the rest of the saiyans took a seat. She smiled, and inhaled the aromic smell of the Chinese food. She looked around the table. Then, her smile fell as she noticed one person missing.

“Where’s…” she stopped as she remembered. Grandpa Goku was dead.



“Where’s who Pan?” Bulma asked sweetly. She was always kind to Pan. Almost like a second mother. “Are we missing anybody?”



“Oh. No. I just… never mind. Let’s eat.”



She half heartedly dug in. Although, not quit as uncivilized as the males, who she would bet a million dollars, didn’t even chew on their food.



Before long, the food was diminished. Everyone sat back in their chairs. All of them were bloated and rather content. Trunks chose this time to announce the “big surprise”.



“Ahem. As you all know, I have called you here today, to make an announcement. Most of you are well aware, that Marron and I, have been seeing each other for a while.” As he said this, he stared at Pan.



Hurt, confusion, and disappointment was evident in her eyes. She looked around the table again, and she was the only one who looked shocked. ‘So. Every one knew about this, except me. I thought I was his best friend. Why didn’t he tell me? Well, now I know that every time he cancelled a sparing match, he was spending time with Marron. And Marron, why didn’t she tell me? I’m one of her closest friends. Goes to show, that friends and boys are nothing but trouble.’



Trunks continued, with difficulty, not seeing very much support in Pan’s eyes. “Well, it’s been going on for about a year now,” Pan was even more shocked, and hurt. She aborted her stare from Trunks, to the ground. “and we’ve decided to get married.”



Pan’s eyes widened. Why wasn’t she told? How could he? How could she? Everyone rushed up to Trunks, and started congratulating him. As unnoticeably as possible, she slipped out the front door. There was a quiet, “Ahem”.



Pan turned around. It was her Father Gohan. “Pan, are you okay? You look pale.”



‘Really?’ She thought. She wasn’t feeling that great either. It hurt to be betrayed by your crush, whom was supposidely your best friend. “To tell you the truth dad, I feel sort of whoozy. Can I go home early?”



Gohan stared suspiciously. Then nodded. “Very well, but Pan, if you need me, I’m here for you.”



Pan nodded with a quick “Thanks.”, turned around, and headed off in to the sky. Tears silently fell down her cheek. How could he? As she got home, she entered through her bedroom window. She flung herself on her bed, not bothering to change. That night, she cried her self to sleep. The last thoughts running through her mind were, ‘Why Trunks? Why was I the last to know?’

- _- next day-_-

Pan woke up, as the sun shone in her eyes. For the first few seconds, she felt disoriented. Last nights events remained fuzzy. Then, seeing the tear stains on her pillow, she remembered. Trunks proposed to Marron. She didn’t even know they had a relationship.



Remembering the secrecy, and the heartache, tears sprang to her eyes once more. She closed the curtains, before flinging herself back on the bed. She sobbed silently into the pillow. She sobbed for countless hours. It seemed that they would soon stop, but they did no such thing. This time, there was no Trunks, no Grandpa Goku, no Bra, no Marron, and no Goten. They were all too busy, being engaged in their relationships. With the exception of Goku, who fused with the Dragon Balls. Pan all of a sudden, felt a wave of shame, dishonor, pain, mistrust, but most of all, she felt as if she had been betrayed.

There was a knock on the door, and her mom’s voice could be heard. “Pan dear, get up. It’s 10:00. It’s almost time for lunch.”



There was no response.

“Pan.” Videl said more sternly this time. “Get up now. You’re going to miss the celebration party for Trunk’s marriage.”

“Mom, please. I’m not up to it right now.”

Videl recognized that voice. It was one which meant that Pan was upset about something. Videl knew better than to medal in her daughter’s business. Soon after Videl left, Pan ran to her connected bathroom, and emptied the contents of what little she ate the night before. Feeling her forehead, she felt a fever coming on.

-_-Capsule Corp.-_-

“Videl, have you seen Pan? I need to talk to her.”

“Actually Trunks, Pan’s at home. She’s not feeling all too great.”

“Oh.” Trunk’s face fell. “Alright then. Thanks.”



Videl nodded, and turned to leave. Heaving a rather loud sigh, Trunks walked up stairs to his room. Maybe, he could call Pan. He knew that she was just fine. Saiyans rarely ever got sick, except for one point, and time in their lives, when they get a saiyans disease. His father had sad it happened when the saiyan turned 20. It was a test of will power. If you had enough strength and will, you could survive. Others, died.

His hand slowly reached for the phone, and dialed her phone number. 2 rings, 3 rings, and finally…..

“Moshi, moshi!” came a voice that after a pause was Pan.

‘She really does sound sick.’ Her voice was quiet, and tired. Every once in a while, he would hear a cough. “Hey Pan. It’s me. Trunks.”

Pan’s voice lost what scarce enthusiasm she had left in her. “Oh. H-hi Trunks. Why’d you call?”

“I was just wondering, why you didn’t come.”

There was a pause. “Well, I’m not really feeling well.”

“Really? Sure hope it wasn’t my mom’s cooking!” he said lamely trying to crack a joke.

Pan felt another wave of nausea, and said quickly, “I got to go!”

Before Trunks could say anything, Pan had hung up. As Trunks turned around, he was pushed onto the bed by Marron. He smiled, and reached up to kiss her lightly on the lips. The rest of the day seemed to go by quickly. But the entire time, something was nagging at his mind. He just, didn’t know what. Trunks, having developed Vegita’s genes, shrugged it off.

-_-3 months later-_-

“Hey Pan! Want to go to the movies?” Wesley was saying.

“Actually, I’m not feeling too great.” Pan responded. And she wasn’t. She was dizzy, and even disorientated lately.

“Hhhmmm. You don’t look so good. You look-“ Wesley was cut off as Pan dropped her books, and collapsed. Had he not been there to catch her, she would’ve banged her head into the classroom door knob.

“Pan? Pan!” Wesley tried to wake her up, but to no avail. Panicking, he rushed her to the nurses office, who rushed her to the hospital.

-_-@ Satan City Hospital-_-

Pan moaned as she opened her eyes. White. She was surrounded by white. Had she finally gone mad? But as her vision cleared, she saw people standing over her. Worried faces, and eyes stared back into her confused ones. Pan looked around for one certain face.

She sat bolt upright. “Where’s Wesley?!”

“Pan? Pan! You’re awake! You shouldn’t be sitting up. You’re too weak.” Wesley said, as he scrurried over from the door, and pushed her down back to the bed. Had he been someone else, she would’ve rejected, but he was such a good friend to her through her mourning.

‘What the heck does that guy think he’s doing? He’s touching my Pan! Wait….scratch that. He’s touching the Pan that I love in the brotherly way. Yes, that’s it.’ Trunks glared lightly at the boy with brown silky hair, and eyes so blue, they were a worthy apponent to even Trunks.

Pan smiled. “I’m fine Wesley. Thanks for caring. What happened?”

Wesley blushed. He opened his mouth but was interrupted by a gruff and tired sounding voice.

“Well, Ms. Son. We’ve come to the conclusion, that you have a high fever, hence your headaches, hot forehead, and dizziness, and you’ve also got the flu. Hence your waves of nausea. But I want to know, why you went so long with out taking the needed medicines. If you’d taken them before, your fever may not be as high as it is.”

“I was….um....I was studying. Winter exams are coming up.” Dr. Vong looked at her suspiciously, but didn’t say anything.

“Well, I’ve prescribed the right type of medicine. You’ll need to take it when you get up, and before bed. If you don’t, the situation could become very critical.”

‘It could? Well that serves as interesting.’ Pan thought. “Okay.”

As Doctor Vong left the room, so did the rest of the Z gang, excluding Trunks.

“Trunks.”

“Pan.”

Wesley could sense the tension in the room. “Ah, so Pan, do you want me to pick up your homework for you?”

Pan smiled her genuine smile, that she only used with Trunks. A tint of red could be seen on his face from anger. “Thanks Wes. That would be really nice of you.” She giggled as he Wesley turned pink.

‘That giggle belongs to me alone! Same goes for the smile!’ Trunks thought. He glared at Wesley, who shifted uneasily under his gaze.

“Well Pan, I guess I should be going now. He he.”



Pan nodded. “Okay!” she said happily.

Once Wesley left the room, Trunks spoke up imeadiatly. “Pan, what have you really been doing? I know you don’t need to study. You’re GOHAN’S daughter for heavens sake.”

Pan sighed. ‘I’ll have to face him sooner or later.’ “Like I said, I’ve been studying.”

“Pan, please don’t lie.”

“Trunks I’m fine okay?” Pan turned to look at him.

Trunk’s heart broke as he stared into her eyes. The happy, content look in her eyes were gone. They were replaced by anger, sadness, dullness, and…..longing. She was longing for something she could not have. ‘She sure looked happy when that Wesley boy was here.’ Trunks thought bitterly. ‘Damit Pan. What’s wrong?’

“Pan tell me what’s wrong.”

“I told you nothing is wrong.” Pan said through gritted teeth, trying to keep the tears from falling. Anger and iratation were shown on her face.

“Stop lying! Damit! Just tell me! You’ve never kept a secret before, so don’t start now!!!”

“You should be talking Trunks! Who never told me about their relationship?! Who never told me the reasons my sparing matches were cancelled? AND WHO ALWAYS LEFT ME OUT?!”Tears started to fall as she released all her pain and suffering. Ever since Bra, Goten, Trunks, and Marron

had gotten together, she was always the one to be forgotten. Double dates had gotten in the way.

Trunks was baffled. She was right. But as all saiyans do, his pride wouldn’t let him admit it. “I get it now Pan.” Trunks chuckled. “You’re jealous!”

“What?”

“You’re jealous of Marron. I gave her all of my attention, and you’re jealous! Well Pan, you should stop being so self centered!”

“I’m self centered?! How dare you…..” she couldn’t continue. She was now breathing heavily, trying to regain her composure. All signs of pain, turned into anger. “Get out.” Her voice was low, and deadly.

“What?” he said baffled.

“I said, GET OUT!” Pan yelled as she chucked a pillow at him. Catching it, he glared one last time, and walked out the door. Putting the pillow on the pillow rack outside the door.