Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Changing History ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Dragonball/Dragonball Z belongs to Akira Toriyama and whoever owns them. No money will be made from this story. It is written for my own amusement. No suing please.
Warnings: language, violence, ?
Spoilers: Unless you've never seen the Bardock Special.
Rating: PG-13. For language and violence.
Pairings: Don't know.
Categories: Action/Adventure, ?
Setting: Vegetaseii, then Earth.
Author Notes: The basis for this story came after I watched the Bardock Special on TV. From my knowledge, no story I've read used this particular plot. I decided to write one because of that. Hope you enjoy it.
blah character's thoughts
blah vision sequence
Changing History: Prologue
I have to warn the other saiyans about Frieza! Bardock's mind screamed as his pod landed on Vegetaseii. The door hissed as it opened and Bardock winced as he stepped out of the pod. His dark eyes reflected nothing but seriousness, as he walked forward. His green and black saiyan armor looked decent except for his upper left chest area and strap; the armor had been either blasted or punched off there. There were numerous cuts on his upper body and on his face. Other then that, he still wore his red wrist guards, black pants, red w/ green tipped boots, and the red bandana across his head.
“Bardock, you're hurt! You need to head to the healing tank right away!”
Stupid fools. Bardock spun around to pin a glare at the two people in front of him.
“I don't have time for that!” his voice spat.
The person in front of him looked taken back, but nodded. The second one's face widened as he remembered something.
“We didn't realize you would be back so soon or we would have delayed the launching of your son Kakarot.”
Something in Bardock's mind froze as he registered what he was told. The launching of my son Kakarot. His body froze. They sent my son off without telling me? I had the thought about seeing him before I told the other saiyans that Frieza is coming for them. Foreign feelings awakened within Bardock and suddenly he wanted to laugh. The new feelings prompted him to go after his son rather then warn the other saiyans. Why bother? The other saiyans wouldn't believe me and they'll blow the warning off. That's their loss then. Now to the matter at hand.
“Where did you send my son off to?” Bardock asked in a stern manner.
The two people in front of him blinked; they hadn't expected this. It took them a moment to recover. Maybe Bardock has feelings for him after all
“Your son Kakarot was sent off to a planet called Ea-rth.”
“Excellent. Get me a new scouter and prepare my pod for Ea-rth.” Bardock smirked.
“What?! Surely you can't be serious Bardock. That's against the rules you know.” the second gasped.
Bardock's hands curled into fists and he growled, “Just do it now!!”
“Y-Yes.” they both stammered before running off.
One step closer to being with my son. Hope the fools realize that Frieza is set upon blowing up their planet. I now understand the power that I had obtained as curse on Kanassaseii. Frieza will be here soon and I'll be on this Ea-rth, while my home planet will be blown up. There will be no turning back from my decision. Bardock leaned against the entryway and crossed his arms. After a minute or two, he looked up. The scouter he requested was in the hands of one and the other spoke.
“Your pod is ready Bardock.”
Without a word said, Bardock attached the scouter to his ear and ran as fast as his body would allow to his pod.
“Launching sequence 1…2…3…!”
Bardock drew in a breath and wondered for the last time if he had a mistake. No! As much as I despise Frieza for doing it to our planet, I feel that I should be with my son. The loss of my crew will never be forgotten or forgiven.
“My visions showed me that my son would face off with Frieza in the future. How does this affect it?”
A feeling deep inside of him told him that Frieza blew up his home planet and he closed his eyes.
The rich red color that dignified Vegetaseii, shining as a ruby in the sky. How beautiful it looked. A large orange ball of energy appeared over the planet, the ball of energy hurtled into a section of the planet. At first nothing happened, and then tiny explosions erupted. As each tiny eruption turned into huge ones, the planet's core broke. The planet covered with many cracks, splitting the land and everything apart. Then all at once, the planet exploded in a brilliant light. The million and million pieces showered everywhere and the planet was no more.
Bardock opened his eyes and took in several breaths. His breathing returned to normal. Just like before, except it felt more real this time. Perhaps the future hasn't changed, but surely somehow it has!
“Kakarot, my son I am coming for you. “ Bardock whispered. I will find you my son. I promise. Don't worry Frieza, your death will be in due time.
The saiyan pod continued on its way toward the programmed destination: Earth.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Enjoy it?
White Phoenix