Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Changing History ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't look at me like that! I don't own Dragonball, Dragonball Z, or Bardock. They belong to Akira Toriyama and everyone over there in Japan. The plot of this story, however, is mine!! No suing please!!
One thing I will be assuming in this story is that Bardock CAN control his ape form. There is a reason why I make it that way. That aspect will come later in the story. Finally got off my lazy butt to update; although lack of updates was also due to writer's block. Maybe this will start a trend of updates? I have some time before I go back to school, so I thought I'd work on my stories. One OC character will pop in this chapter. There's a reason why this one will be appearing…
Italics character's thoughts
blah vision sequence
-oo00oo- indicates change in scenery, time, etc.
Last time:
“Kakarot, my son I am coming for you.” Bardock whispered. I will find you my son. I promise. Don't worry Frieza, your death will be in due time.
The saiyan pod continued on its way, toward the programmed destination: Earth.
Changing History: Chapter One
Vegetaseii exploded in a brilliant, white light.
One lone ship hovered before the now empty space. “Oh my! What a spectacular sight! The ruins of Vegetaseii shooting off like shooting stars!” Frieza laughed with glee.
“It is a spectacular sight my Lord. Now we don't have to worry about those cursed monkeys.” Zarbon agreed.
“How delightful this is indeed.” Dodoria smiled.
“Of course it is. Zarbon, go tell the Prince the news.” Frieza commanded.
Zarbon bowed. “At once Lord Frieza.” he replied, turning on his heel.
-oo00oo-
In a partially dark room sat Prince Vegeta. His dark, onyx eyes remained transfixed on the wall in front of him. The impending silence in the room made it perfect for him to think. Just the thought of this place makes me feel sick. Wonder where Nappa is? I would prefer him here than this. Occasionally the sounds of the airship echoed throughout the room, but other than that silence was evident.
A small beeping alerted to Vegeta that someone wished to speak to him. Touching a button on his scouter, he retorted, “Yes?”
“I must apologize to you Prince Vegeta; for I have some bad news.”
“Well, what is it?”
“It seems that Planet Vegetaseii was apparently struck by several meteors and they caused the core to explode. The explosion took the entire planet along with everyone on it. Lord Frieza sends his apologies.”
A new, strange feeling welled up inside Vegeta and he pushed it out of his mind. “If that's all, then we're done talking.”
“Very well.”
Dropping his hand to his side, Vegeta stared once again at the wall. The feeling of sadness washed all over him; leaving him with some raw anger that had been previously unheard of. Maybe it was a good thing no one else was in this room or otherwise they might have seen the coldness in the onyx eyes.
-oo00oo-
Earth. The fifth largest planet in the Solar System; the third planet closest to the Sun. One of the planets in the Milky Way Galaxy. A spectacular sight from space. With the color blue being the dominant color, but traces of white could be seen all over. That is it looked like to the pod that was approaching. Anyone with a telescope might label it as a meteor, but upon inspection with a satellite would prove it otherwise.
The pod containing Kakarot soon met up with the atmosphere; turning a red color as it descended toward Earth.
Amaya Satou drummed her fingers as she listened to her favorite music. Nothing can disturb me now. Her other hand lay on the desk; relaxed. As her music drowned on, off in the distance the pod containing Kakarot made impact with the ground. The impact served to send out shockwaves as the aftermath. “Hmm…alright! Alright! Huh?” Amaya paused her music to see her hand vibrate on the desk. What is this? A second later the entire house started shaking.
The shaking and vibration caused Amaya to fell completely out of her chair and on the floor. Then almost as it had happened; it stopped.
“It stopped…”Amaya observed, standing up. Her eyes searching for an answer. “What was that? It sounded it came from outside…”
Amaya set her headphones down and went out the front door. From what she could see she didn't see anything, but off in the distance from her house she frowned. “Since when do trees bend like that? Sounds suspicious to me. I'd better check it out.” Taking the time to observe the trees as she passed; Amaya noticed how damaged those trees were. Just as she was about to step down, her eyes looked down.
“Holy hell! W-What the heck happened here?! “ Amaya cried.
A huge gaping hole now could be seen where something touched it upon impact. T-That hole is huge!! That's a major hole in the ground. What is that white thing down there? Amaya took a deep breath and slowly climbed down into the crater. Her eyes remained focused on the white object. After trekking down what seemed to be forever; she inspected the white thing.
“It looks kind of weird. Almost like a pod of some kind. Wonder if anyone's inside?” Amaya commented. A hissing sound suddenly erupted and the door of the pod slowly rose. Amaya jumped back in surprise. A wailing cry could now be heard from within. “Huh?”
To her surprise she saw an infant with short, black spikes extending in every direction wail as though its life depended on it. My gosh! It's an infant! Where did this pod come from? It doesn't matter; I found the pod and the infant. “Now it looks like I will have to take you with me.” Amaya slowly reached down to pick up the infant; it was then she noticed that a tail uncurled itself and moved about. Strange…that looks a tail. I've never seen anybody with one before. “Who am I kidding? I was content with listening to my music. And all I said was, `Nothing can disturb me'.”
Sighing, Amaya made her way out of the crater and back to her house. Setting the now-quiet infant down on the bed, Amaya stared into the infant's innocent-looking black eyes. “What on earth am I going to call you? Hmm…I wonder…” she spoke softly. Her fingers gently touched the locks of the infant's hair and thought about it. His hair is soft. Wait a sec; I'm assuming that this is a boy. Well, it has to be considering HE definitely looks like one. I remember our master telling us that if he had a grandchild or whatever he would name it
“That's it! That's the perfect name! In honor of our master, I will call you…Goku.”
Please don't kill me! In my mind if I had let Grandpa Gohan find Kakarot as he does in the show; then Bardock would might not be able to find his son easily and when he did; Kakarot would have become Goku. That's why there will be another OC popping up in the next chapter. Did you figure out who Amaya was talking about? Bardock makes his appearance too next chapter. Please R&R!
-White Phoenix-