Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Changing History ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Uh, Dragonball / Dragonball Z don't belong me; they belong to their creator Akira Toriyama! I own the plot though. No suing!
Thanks to all the reviews that I've gotten so far. You guys are truly great! As requested this chapter will be longer. So let's get it going!
Italics character's thoughts
blah vision sequence
-oo00oo- change in scenery, time, etc.
Changing History: Chapter Two
-oo00oo-
If anyone had looked out their telescopes; they might have seen the second pod that came streaming down towards Earth. It took the same red color as the pod entered Earth's atmosphere. With a few shakes and rattles; Bardock's pod descended. After a few moments the pod impacted the ground; forming a nice sized crater and sending out shockwaves. The computer aboard Bardock's pod finally spoke.
“Our destination has been reached.”
Bardock awoke from his slumber, adjusting his eyes to the light. Finally, I'm here on Earth. I'm coming Kakarot. The door hissed open letting Bardock step out of the pod to admire the surroundings. The third-class saiyan touched a button on his scouter and gave a snort afterwards.
“Are all of these Earthlings this weak?! How am I supposed to find my son in a place like this?!” Bardock muttered angrily, his black eyes scanning for any signs of civilization. His eyes came upon a house that seemed to be situated in the middle of a forest. He now had someone who could tell him where his son was. Wincing with every step he took; it reminded Bardock that he was still injured, but that didn't discourage him from making his way to the house.
The house itself appeared to be smaller upon inspection, but overall it looked spacious. Bardock didn't even bother to think whether to knock; he just opened the door and let himself in. Immediately he noticed many scattered remains of what looked to be projects. There better be someone here or I'm wasting my time here when I could be looking for my son. “It looks like there are a few possibilities to go look. Hn…Ahhh…”
Someone stood by the phone, talking. Short blonde hair came down just past her ears, her eyes a pale green, and her hand gripped the phone tightly. Her feet shifted uncomfortably as though she was receiving some interesting newsThe scene shifted to that of faint crying in the background. Another female stood by the phone; this time her hair was the color of chestnuts and her eyes a soft brown. Her eyes kept darting back to someone back in another room. A flash of spiky black hair and black eyes
Bardock shook his head; his heart racing. He just saw what might be his son. Now I have proof that Kakarot is here, all I need to is find that girl. Better be here. Choosing a way, he opened the nearest door.
Kaitlyn Satou set down the pen on the desk; pondering what to put next. My project is coming along great so far. So far from the results that I have tested the armor should work… Her fingers drummed aimlessly on the desk. After coming up nothing, Kalia decided to take a break. Her hand grasped around the knob only to find the door opening! She gasped out loud. A man with fierce looking black eyes appeared to be surprised as well. What the?! H-How did he get in my house!?
Those eyes…they're pale green just like in the vision. This must be one of the females that will lead me to my son! “Where is my son?!” Bardock demanded.
“Huh? What are you talking about?! Just why are you in my house!?” Kaitlyn demanded back.
“I am looking for my son, I know he came to this planet. Tell me where he is!” Bardock demanded again.
He looks so intimidating with those black eyes, but he's not scaring me! I won't back down from him. Kalia narrowed her green eyes and stared at him intently. “I don't know where your son is! You are a complete stranger and you came in my house; that's an intrusion you know!” she exclaimed, her heart racing. Then for the first time, she noticed that he was injured. “Wait a minute mister! You're hurt! Forget what I just said. Come in here!” Kaitlyn spoke.
Bardock felt himself being tugged in the room and she motioned for him to sit on the bed. The female studied him for a while before saying, “I'll be right back.” His eyes watched her retreating figure. She's rather strong-willed for an Earthling. Kaitlyn returned with a first aid kit. She opened the lid to pull out various things. Bardock looked curiously at the items being laid out.
“What kind of stuff is that?! Don't you Earthlings have any rejuvenation tanks?” he commented.
Her fingers stopped and Kaitlyn looked at him. “This is what we call a `first aid kit' mister. It's what we use to treat injuries in emergencies. Otherwise we use hospitals to treat injuries. Earthlings? Rejuvenation tanks? Sounds foreign to me.”
She doesn't know what a rejuvenation tank is? Those tanks have saved my life many times in the past. “Those tanks heal injuries. And don't call me mister, my name is Bardock.” Bardock said stiffly.
“Alright, Bardock then. Sorry, we don't have any of those tanks. Our technology is not that advanced. However, I might be able to fix that armor suit of yours.” Kaitlyn spoke.
“My armor? Seeing how that your technology is not advanced enough to produce rejuvenation tanks, what chance will you have at fixing my armor?” he said matter-of-factually.
Her eyes widened. Did he just insult my intelligence?! How dare he! I'll show him! “For your information Bardock I specialize in armor for defense! Armor for those that train in the art of martial arts. Although, I haven't completed a set of armor that suit my tastes.” Kaitlyn replied angrily. Bardock said nothing; he stared at her intently. Kaitlyn went to cleaning the wounds that were serious and let the minor ones go.
A heavy silence passed between them; it was a while before Kaitlyn closed the lid on the first aid kit. "You know, are you wearing anything under that armor?" she inquired.
About damn time. "If you mean if I wear a shirt under the armor, then the answer is no." Bardock said.
"Oh…" Kaitlyn said. "Well then in that case, why don't you take off that armor and I'll study it. Meanwhile you can use the shower down the hall to your right. I think that you might need it."
Bardock regarded her with cool black eyes before slowly taking off the beat-up armor and handing it to her. Kaitlyn averted her eyes so she didn't have to stare at his bare chest as she took the armor from him. A slight blush made its way to her cheeks anyway. I didn't realize he would be so built. He must be a fighter or something because otherwise he wouldn't have the signs that he was in a fight. Besides he looks way older then I. "Well, I'll be in my lab studying this. Give a holler if you need anything." Kaitlyn spoke.
A smug smirk adorned Bardock's face as he watched Kaitlyn leave then he left to find the shower. He found it with no problem. Shutting the door, Bardock stared at himself in the mirror. "She's right; I do look a mess. After all I never received medical attention back on Vegetaseii. I refused it, instead going after my son and it lead me to this planet. Eventually my wounds will fade away and I'll be stronger. But until I find my son…"
-oo00oo-
Nothing had been more surprising than the amount of food that Goku ate. Amaya had gotten some food out and she helped him eat. Her brown eyes widened and a thought crossed her mind. Is this an indication that he will have a big appetite? She smiled at the now sleeping Goku. Amaya had to admit he looked so cute with his thumb in his mouth; sleeping away. It had taken her a while to figure out he was hungry.
-Flashback-
Goku stared at her with those innocent looking black eyes before he started crying. Amaya had also gotten some diapers, since she usually never kept that kind of stuff around her house. Maybe reading those books on raising babies was a good idea after all. She sat down next to him on the bed; wondering what was wrong with him. Goku had been quiet expect for when she first saw him in the pod. Now he was crying and she wasn't sure what to do.
"Let's see Goku, it can't be your diaper I just changed that. Maybe you need some comforting?" Amaya scoped the infant into her arms and started singing softly like her mom used to do when she was a baby. Goku slowly stopped crying to suck on his thumb. I can't believe that it works! No wonder my mom did this all the time. A few seconds later however, Goku started crying again. Shifting him in her arms, Amaya tried to rock him gently to sleep; that ended up with the same result.
"You don't seem to sleepy right now, are you? The only thing I can think of is that you're hungry. That's what the books mentioned if nothing else works then the infant is probably hungry. The only reason I read those is because I might want to take of orphan children someday." Amaya said softly. "Well, let's see what I have to offer in the fridge."
Amaya scanned the items in the fridge; deciding what might be appropriate for Goku to eat. She particularly looked for something that was soft and easy to chew. "Hmm, will this do? Nope, not that one, no, no, definitely not that one, ah this one!" She said, pulling out a container of rice. Once she opened the lid, Amaya sat Goku down on the counter and began to feed him.
-End Flashback-
Amaya had set Goku on her bed to rest; she couldn't think of a better place to lay him down. "Now what to do? I could just go back to listening to my music, but maybe I'll write in my diary instead." Retrieving her diary and pen, Amaya sat down at her desk.
~ It all started when I was listening to my music and then it felt like an earthquake had transpired somewhere close to the house. I discovered that the 'earthquake' must have been from that white pod because well there was a huge crater where it impacted the ground. Besides I also discovered an infant from the pod which I named Goku. Wonder where he came from? I've never seen a pod like that before and I wonder if my sister would be able to help me in deciphering it. My sister loves learning about weird stuff. Maybe I'll call her a little later. ~
_________________________________________________________________ ______
Hope you enjoyed the story. R&R please!
White Phoenix