Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Changing History ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Blah, blah, blah I don't own DBZ or its characters. Give the credit to Akira Toriyama, he's the genius. I own my OC's, no suing!
Sorry about the long wait. Here's another chapter.
Genres: Action/Adventure
Rating: PG-13 for language and violence
Summary: AU. What if Bardock went after his son Kakarot instead of warning the saiyans? What would have happened?
Blah thoughts
blah vision
-oo00oo- change in time, scenery, etc.
Changing History: Chapter Three
-oo00oo-
"What kind of stuff is this?! It smells so ridiculously sweet." Bardock muttered out loud. He eyed the shampoo bottle wearily. Is this all the crap she has in this bathroom?! Do all female earthlings have stuff like this!? Grumbling some nasty words, Bardock took off his boots, his pants, the cuffs on his wrists, his scouter, and the red bandana. His gaze lingered on the red bandana. It's my only link to my team. Toma, Fasha, Panboukin, Totepo…they all died on Meetseii by Dodoria and his men. This belonged to Toma(1). Dammit! That big blob of pink smudge will get his calling!
His fingers gently laid the red bandana on top of the pile and started the shower.
Kaitlyn suppressed a smile. "Well, he didn't need my help for that. I might as well see if I can repair his armor." Her hand touched the armor gently, trying to see what it felt like. Then she let her eyes study the armor. Hmm, it's very…interesting. The part of the armor that hasn't been touched by damage still shines a bit. I like the concept of this, but he should wear a shirt under it. I don't know how he stands to wear the armor against bare skin, wouldn't you receive more damage because of it? Maybe I should ask him later about it.
Taking one of her tools, Kaitlyn set to work. "You know, I just realized that he had some kind of device strapped to his eye and I thought I saw something that remotely looked like a belt around his waist. Another thing to ask him out." she murmured. She started to make measurements of what remained of the armor; then writing down numbers on the pad in front of her. Next, she used another tool to determine how strong the material was. Hmm, I've never seen anything like this. So far my tool isn't even leaving a scratch. It must be really resistant to many things. Although it looks like Bardock engaged in some nasty battles because there seems to be evidence of burn marks.
"Looks advanced to me; although my armor can be too. True it is damaged a ton, but I think I may able to fix it. I think a trip into town is needed. I should bring Bardock along so he can get some new clothes. Those clothes he has on looks to be the only set he has. Besides he is DEFINITLY getting some shirts; he is not getting away with going bare-chested. It's not allowed in public places." Kaitlyn said.
Feeling proud of herself, Kaitlyn continued working on the armor. Wait till he hears the good news.
He had to admit the water drenching his skin helped to wash away all of the visible signs of battle. Though reluctant, Bardock used the shampoo to wash his hair. This is the only time I'm using this stuff; if that female comments anything about my hair smelling nice, I'm going to demand she keep her mouth shut and get me something with a different scent. His hands ran through the black hair; massaging to the scalp. Bardock next used the stuff he found to wash his body. Finally, he let the water wash everything away.
"Hopefully that female found a way to fix my armor." Bardock said, turning the shower off. He shook off the excess water before using his ki to dry himself off completely. He dressed in silence; his gaze at the mirror. Picking up the red bandana, Bardock tied it around his hair in the same spot. Now to go see that female. He stepped out of the bathroom and headed for the same room he remembered seeing her.
Opening the door quietly, he spotted Kaitlyn working furiously. A smirk tugged on the corners of his mouth. Bardock decided it might be fun to surprise her. Considering I did it when I first came in here. He purposely strode up to her and peered over her shoulder. "You done with that yet?" he spoke.
Kaitlyn hummed silently to herself while working. She concentrated on designing the armor exactly on paper so she could fix it. The pencil in her hand carefully traced the particular pattern. Almost have that part done. Now all I need--- A voice jerked her out of her thoughts. She jumped a few feet in the air and then turned around to see a smirking Bardock staring at her. "Bardock! DON'T do that! You scared me!" she exclaimed.
"That's the point." Bardock replied.
Kaitlyn flashed a glare at him then set down the pencil. "That wasn't funny you know. Since you're here, we're going shopping."
"Shopping?"
"Yeah shopping. I need to get some materials to fix your armor and you NEED new clothes. There is still plenty of day light out and enough time to find your son Bardock. Don't worry about it." Kaitlyn responded.
The idea of shopping didn't thrill Bardock, but then again he was stuck on this planet until his son was found. Might as well try to blend in so I don't attract attention, but then again I haven't been known for that. I don't need any new clothes; the ones I have are fine, but why does she insist I need some? "I don't see the need for me to get new clothes when we're going to get materials to fix my armor." he muttered.
"Oh please Bardock. You cannot go in stores without wearing a shirt; it's considered unethical. That's why I'm going to go find a shirt that you can wear temporally until you get your own. Be right back." Kaitlyn said.
His black gaze watched her leave the room. His tail uncurled itself from his waist and twitched a bit. Hn. This planet must be high on being ethical if I can't waltz in a store bare-chested. These Earthlings must have had a tough history. Bardock crossed his arms to hide the fact he hated waiting. Even though he did have patience. Maybe the whole shopping thing unnerved him. "Or maybe it's just I want to go find my son. I should ask the female about this planet and their customs. What's taking her so long?!" he said.
Argh! Where is it?! I know I had it!! Kaitlyn breathed. She had been looking for a few minutes and she had yet to find it. "How hard is it to find one shirt? It should be easy since I was the one who put it away! Sheez!" Kaitlyn muttered. Her dressers already were searched through, next came her closet. She opened the door and gazed around. In an instant Kaitlyn tore through her closet, throwing clothes behind her. After a few minutes, her eyes lit up.
"YES! I FOUND IT!!" her voice screamed.
Bardock merely rose an eyebrow at her outburst; tapping his foot. I take it she found the shirt. His sensitive hearing winced silently because of it, but he picked up her footsteps as Kaitlyn strode back into the room with a shirt in hand. Kaitlyn handed the shirt to him and said, "Put it on."
He gazed at the garment in his hands. It appeared to be a sleeve-less shirt. And the color was a soft green. Bardock looked back at Kalia. "You expect me to wear this?! I for one do not wear shirts." he said.
Kaitlyn chose to remain silent for a moment before she fixed her eyes on him. "Listen to me! YOU are going to wear that shirt! You cannot go around stores without a shirt one. As I said before, it is considered not ethical." she exclaimed.
Ah, she is amusing. She doesn't understand that I don't like wearing shirts when I train. Although I am not training, I prefer to be wearing my armor. But since she has my armor… Bardock draped the shirt over his shoulder and crossed his arms. He knew it was entertaining to watch her get mad; it thrilled him to no end. "Why don't you make me?" he challenged.
He's wearing that smug smirk on his face. How dare he do this! After all I've done for him. Kaitlyn too crossed her arms. "Why must you be this way? You may not like wearing shirts, but you ARE going to have to. Cause if you don't, I am going to stop working on fixing your armor AND not help you in the search for your son." Kaitlyn stated, her gaze unwavering.
He shrugged off her comment about fixing his armor, but her statement about his son hurt his pride. Bardock wanted more than anything to find his son; no matter what the costs. He would do anything to find him even if it meant he had to wear that shirt and go shopping. I must find my son. Why did she have to put that way? I suppose I should more credit to these Earthlings. Maybe not all of them are weak. His black gaze reminded transfixed on the shirt until he looked back at Kaitlyn; uncrossing his arms.
"This may be the only time I will allow this to happen. In order to find my son, I must learn to adapt to this planet; even if I have to go shopping. I'll put on the shirt, but you can't expect me wear one all the time." Bardock retorted, taking the shirt off his shoulder and putting it on.
Her eyes widened a bit; her mouth open in surprise. She hadn't thought Bardock would actually agree with her. He has a lot of pride; he managed to push it down enough to do this. Wow! The shirt actually fits; it must be a coincidence or something. Kaitlyn chose not to make any comments on his shirt, fearing he may change his mind on wearing it and not go shopping. "Alright…you ready to go then?" she asked.
"Let's just get this blasted shopping trip over with so I can search for my son." Bardock muttered.
Kaitlyn simply laughed as they left the house.
-oo00oo-
Amaya wondered whether her sister would be home. Of course she'll be home; she's always working on her armor. She doesn't go out that often unless it's for supplies, training, and whatever else. She shook her head and glanced over at Goku. Goku fixed his eyes on her; just content on watching her. A smile graced her lips. "He's so cute. Hard to imagine I found him earlier. Might as well call." she said.
She picked up the phone and dialed a number. Waiting a few seconds, the ringing started. Come on Kaitlyn answer the phone. I have something to share with you and it's important. Something more important than your armor research. Still holding the phone to her ear, Amaya glanced at Goku again. His tail moved a tiny bit before it twitched. Shaking her head, Amaya turned back to the phone. Kaitlyn had yet to pick up and the answering machine finally kicked in. Sighing, she left a message and hung up.
"She must be out or something. Great! When I need to talk to her, she's not there! Oh well, maybe I could take you over to see our master. He lives in a secluded place and it doesn't take too long to get there. Maybe he can help me." Amaya said.
Then that means I need to pack some stuff for Goku. Might as well get started then. Amaya rummaged through her closet to find a decent sized duffel bag. Any stuff she had for him was stuffed inside. She picked up Goku on the way out of the room. Next came the kitchen and living room. "Let's see I'll need this, this, and this…" her voice trailed off. Amaya finally zipped it shut and looked around. "Well, I hope that's it." Her fingers grasped the capsule containing her vehicle and they headed out.
_________________________________________________________________ _____________________
Notes:
I might as well stop there because then I can write a longer chapter next time. Sorry about the long wait for updates. Next chapter: the shopping trip with Bardock. How will he handle it? Plus Amaya and Goku go see her master. What will happen? And maybe more. Don't hesitate to give me ideas for the story. Later!
White Phoenix