Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Changing History ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own Bardock, DB, or DBZ. They all belong to Akira Toriyama and whoever else. No profit will be made from this; it's for my own enjoyment and for the readers reading this. No suing please!
Genres: Action/Adventure
Rating: PG-13 for language and future violence
Warnings: slight/some oocness, language, violence, ?
Summary: AU. Bardock goes after his son instead of warning the saiyans.
Italics thoughts
blah vision
-oo00oo- change in conversation, time, scenery, etc.
-blah- flashback
Changing History: Chapter Four
Amaya wondered whether it was being in a vehicle for the first time or the fact that the road was a bit bumpy. Either way Goku cried softly. Her heart sympathized with him. I bet he misses his parents or something. Wonder what they look like? Hmm, I'd have to say he probably inherited his father's hair and looks. But he'll have his mother's eyes and her compassion. I'd bet his parents love him very much. Her gaze returned to looking at the road. "Don't worry Goku, we'll be there soon. Maybe my master can help find your parents." she said softly.
Her voice seemed to calm Goku down because he stopped crying and stuck his thumb in his mouth.
The drive then seemed pretty calm. Amaya drove her car around the winding mountain road until trees could be seen. In the distance she could see the house where her master lived. No wonder he likes to live by himself; this place is peaceful. Amaya stopped the car, got out, and yelled, "Master! I'm here!"
Peace and tranquility was something that he liked. That being one of the reasons he lived out here; alone. But he had everything he needed to survive. Wonder if those two are going to visit me sometime. It has been too quiet without them around. I know they have lives of their own, but I am still their master. ?! Is that Amaya? Master Gohan rose from his chair and out the door. To his surprise he saw Amaya, but also a duffel bag slung on one shoulder and a baby in her arms.
"It's good to see you Amaya. I would like to know why you have a baby in your arms." he greeted.
So far her master didn't object too much; it brought some relief to Amaya. At least he didn't ask me a million questions. "Well…" she started, setting the bag on the ground. " It all started when I sat in my room; listening to my music. Suddenly it felt like an earthquake or something struck nearby because it caused shockwaves all the way to my house. The next thing I knew, I went outside to investigate. What I saw next was beyond incredible." she said.
"And that would be…?" Master Gohan asked, now curious. How strange. Never heard anything like that before.
"There was an enormous crater and in the bottom of it was something shaped like a pod. I crept forward, stopping when the doors hissed open and my eyes widened. A baby lay in the pod; apparently crying. It was then I noticed that it had a tail. I didn't know what to do exactly, but I knew that I couldn't just leave this baby here so I took it to my house. I've been taking care of it; those classes I took really helped. I also named the baby, who I found to be a boy. Hope you don't get too mad at me Master; I named the baby Goku." Amaya finished explaining.
Master Gohan remained silent; his gaze moving from Amaya to Goku. He was amazed. Amaya had explained everything in a relatively fast manner. It took him a while for the info to sink in before he finally spoke. "I can tell you are telling the truth Amaya; it reflected in your eyes. I must say I am intrigued as to why that pod landed so near your house. Maybe it was fate? Actually, I don't mind if you called him Goku; I've always wanted to name a grandson with that name. How about I become his grandpa?" he said.
Her eyes widened; a sparkle making its way into the brown orbs. "Y-You serious? I didn't think you would believe my story." Amaya stated in disbelief.
"You were correct in bringing the baby home with you; otherwise it might have died or something. Is that the reason you came over here to tell me about Goku?" Master Gohan said.
"Yes, but also because my sister Kaitlyn didn't answer her phone. I wanted to tell her all about Goku. Have you seen her lately?" Amaya answered.
"In truth, I haven't Amaya. Knowing her, she probably went out."
"That's what I figured. I REALLY wanted to tell her too."
Master Gohan chuckled; causing Goku to look at him with unblinking black eyes. He took Goku in his arms, taking the time to study him. Interesting. His hair is all spiky; his eyes the color of the darkest black. Then there is the brown tail that Amaya talked about. Never seen anyone with one before. But what does that matter? "He is rather cute isn't he Amaya? I'm surprised he hasn't cried yet since I'm the one holding him." he said.
Amaya smiled; she had the same feeling. Something about Goku made him cute like other babies, but yet at the same time there seemed to be something different about him. Something that Amaya wanted to find out. I don't why I'm thinking like that; I feel that there is something special about Goku. Maybe it's because I found him in a pod thing and he has a tail. That's right! "Master! I also came here to see if you could help in finding his parents. I think that sometimes he misses his parents or something like that." she said.
"It's possible. How about you and I talk about it while we play with Goku?" Master Gohan commented.
"Alright master. Now not too long now, I want to be back before the sun starts to set." Amaya said.
"Are you accusing me of keeping you too late?" he chuckled.
Amaya threw a glare at him and Master Gohan smiled.
-oo00oo-
"Good. Now leave the eye piece in the vehicle."
"I am not leaving my scouter in the vehicle."
Kaitlyn blew a strand aside; hiding the fact she was annoyed. It took a lot of convincing just to get him in the vehicle and now he refused to leave it. "Bardock, it's not that I hate you wearing the-- I mean scouter, but I don't want other people to see you wearing that thing and think that you're an alien or something." she spoke.
You're hitting the truth head on. Only if you realized it. Bardock looked at her with a cool gaze and crossed his arms over his chest. It hurt his pride in letting her talk him into getting into the vehicle. Now she wanted him to leave the scouter. "I've already put enough patience into going on this shopping trip and traveling in that vehicle. Either I go in with the scouter on or I will stand here." he answered.
"So that's how you want to play things, huh? Do I have to remind you what transpired before we got here? You know getting in the vehicle?" Kaitlyn responded back.
"You want to bring up that incident? It was a fluke; nothing more."
"Was it? I don't think it was a fluke Bardock; it caught you off guard did it not? Besides it got you in the car."
Bardock grumbled something under his breath all the while remembering the incident.
-flashback-
He stared at the car Kaitlyn stood by. "What are you doing?" he asked.
"Isn't it obvious? We're driving to the mall."
"WHAT?!" he bellowed.
Kaitlyn sighed; her green gaze looking at him. "I said we're taking the car to the mall. Is there something wrong with that?" she said.
There's something definitely wrong with that. I am not going to travel in one of their vehicles to go shopping. Flying would be faster. "I object to it; flying would be the faster way to go." Bardock answered.
Her eyes went round and she gasped. "You can't do that! People would think you're crazy and think you're here to attack the planet or something. Y-You can fly?!" Kaitlyn shrieked.
His ears hurt. "Of course I can fly. Can't you Earthlings do the same?" he retorted.
"No." she replied.
She serious? They can't fly? Obviously they don't know they can use their ki to fly unless their power levels are too weak to actually do it. Another thing I'm starting to hate about this planet; beings that can't fly. "Let me check your power level then." Bardock touched a button on his scouter and scanned Kaitlyn.
Kaitlyn wondered what he meant by checking her power level. She had never heard of the term unless it had something to do with flying. Why would a power level be needed for flying? I would think it wouldn't be necessary. That looks like an advanced piece of technology. Might be worthwhile to examine it. Her green gaze watching Bardock's until he lowered his hand.
"Your power level is considerably higher than most of these Earthlings. Still, you wouldn't be a challenge to me. Though you might have a chance at learning how to fly." Bardock stated.
"Are you mocking me again? You know I hate when you do that. What do you mean I won't be a challenge to you?" Kaitlyn exclaimed.
"For one thing you're an Earthling; beings that are weak and that rely on technology to do everything for you, including traveling around in vehicles."
"What about you?! Isn't that eye piece advanced technology!?"
Bardock grumbled something under his breath and fixed his gaze on her. "It is, but we use technology in a suitable manner. I am stronger then you, I don't have to fight you; I can tell from the scouter and by studying you."
Her anger boiled inside. He sounds so confident about me; just because he used that scouter of his. Well, I'll show him!!! Kaitlyn bent low so she could extend her leg out and prepare. She gave no warning as to what she planned to do. With swiftness, Kaitlyn tripped Bardock's ankles and sent him to the ground on his butt. She flashed him a triumphed grin.
Bardock hadn't expected her to react so swiftly. He landed on the ground with a thud. He could just feel the anger gathering up inside him; just waiting to make her pay. There is no way that happened! It was just a fluke; simply because I lowered my guard and allowed her to get the upper hand. I am still stronger then her in all aspects. All I would have to do is touch her and she would go flying. "Do you realize how close I am to blasting you? You do something like that again in the next few minutes and I will…" he growled.
Kaitlyn saw how dangerous his eyes looked and she stopped smiling, but that didn't deter her. "Bardock, if you don't get in that car this instant; I will spread the word around how I beat up a guy by merely tripping him. I won't hesitate to add that you commented you were stronger than me and you still landed on the ground." she threatened back.
S-She wouldn't dare? Would she? Tell the other Earthlings I was full of myself and ended up on the ground by a girl? She will not do this humiliation to me! Damn! "You wouldn't dare do that! I will not allow you, a female, to spread this rumor around." Bardock exclaimed.
"Watch me. I'll call my sister Amaya and tell her the good news. Then I'll let her tell everyone else about it. It's so easy to start a rumor; rumors are the easiest things to start and once they start circuiting, you don't want to be the person who's talked about." Kaitlyn answered, preparing to head back to the house.
His eyes darkened for a moment before they settled back on Kaitlyn. Earthlings are strong when they want to be. As much I hate to admit it; I don't want this world knowing I lost to a girl, it would lower my pride, and I wouldn't be able to handle it. Shit! Why does she have to be challenging? "Fine, I'll go in the blasted car. Don't expect any more exceptions." Bardock grumbled.
-end of flashback-
"Yep. Blackmail does wonders, doesn't it? I don't usually resort to it, but in this case it is okay. Now leave it." Kaitlyn smiled.
Bardock threw a sharp glare at her while taking the scouter off and placing on the seat. He stepped back to allow her to close the door and lock the car. I'll get her back for this; all of this. Mark my words on it. "You ready? I want to get this trip over with." he muttered.
"Yeah. Let's go." Kaitlyn said.
Kaitlyn and Bardock entered the doors of the mall. The first thing that Bardock noticed was the large number of people around. This planet must have a huge population of these Earthlings. No wonder they have low power levels. He looked around the mall; looking at all of the different kinds of shops and such. Bardock looked back at Kaitlyn; who appeared to be watching him.
"Did you want something?" Bardock stiffly asked.
She giggled. "I was thinking that you would like wearing a gi all the time since it looks like you train. There happens to be a gi store in here, so…" Kaitlyn answered.
"Gi? What is that supposed to mean?!" Bardock exclaimed.
She had a feeling that he was smart; probably from his home planet and perhaps traveling around or something. But apparently, Bardock didn't have a clue when it came to Earth or its customs. We need to have a nice talk about them; although he may not what to hear them. "A gi is a training uniform that is used when you fight; it's popular on this planet. Heck, I have one of my own and so does my sister Amaya. Gis' come in many different colors, but usually only two colors are used; it's easier that way to make loads and loads of them." Kaitlyn explained.
Bardock snorted under his breath. "You mean I would have to wear those gis until my armor is fixed?" he said.
"Yes…if that's how you want to put it. By the way, do you want to go to the gi store first or are you hungry?" Kaitlyn responded.
Food. Something he hadn't had in a while or even thought about it since arriving on the planet. Food was the last thing on my mind. She's offering me a choice this time; I really don't care. At this point any of the two would be fine, then this trip can end quickly. "I frankly don't care; either of the two would be fine. Anything to end this trip quickly." Bardock retorted.
Kaitlyn stood there stunned; she stared at him with surprised eyes. Since when does he not care about what we do or what he does for that matter? Maybe he's doing all of this stuff so he can look for his son. Then again that is what he said when I first met him. "Since you put it that way Bardock, we're going gi shopping!" she said, grabbing his wrist.
Bardock found himself yanked forward. His eyes narrowed. "Hey! What do you think you're doing!? I do not need a female like you dragging me off; I can walk." he growled.
"That's exactly why I'm doing it." came Kaitlyn's response, sounding almost like a snicker.
If this is the thanks I get for going after my son, then I must be going soft then. Bardock grumbled silently.
Read and Review please! Any comments, suggestions, etc. is okay too.
White Phoenix