Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Changing of the Seasons ❯ Chapter 4: Deception and Deceit ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer: -bounces out in a gold leotard suit- Can you hear a babbling brook in the distance? Can you encounter the harsh wind and say, "Hey. Chill out for a sec." If you cannot do all this, then you cannot have the Pan! -slaps hip- ^-^*

[A/N: Fifth chapter finally!! And I'm getting a bit better at updates, I'd say. Okay, I don't know how you guys are going to react to this chapter, because I'm sure you're going to read this and think "Oh no, this is turning into a typical story," but I swear it's not! You've got to believe me!!! Anyways, split focus between Pan and Marron, so make note of that. On with the fic...]

Changing of the Seasons

~ Chapter Four ~

by Loaf of Pan

Thank goodness I got out of there! I almost did things I would have regret...but at least we've gotten all of that tension out of us, and now we can act normal around each other! Well...almost. Anyway, I have to get going to Marron's and say goodbye. It could wait, but I should at least be decent and tell her before she hears from anyone else.

I walked outside the door and jumped, slowly floating into the air. I began to make my way to the center of Downtown Sataan City. It was a calm day, a few clouds, and it NOW matched my mood of sheer joy and delight. It's a shame I have to leave so soon! I've just finally patched things up with Trunks, and I have two weeks left! But what can you do? I've learned that this is exactly how life goes: "Ces't la vie," as my father says. I'm not sure what that means, but it describes the situation, I guess.

Marron had bought a small, cozy apartment in the largest condominium grouping downtown. The only time I visited there was when she and Goten were still going out. Their breakup was a bit nasty, but they still talk, I think. She hasn't gone out with anyone else since. Still, I'm sure she'll find a nice, respectable person to fall in love with someday.

I landed outside of the complex and walked in slowly, taking the elevator to the seventh floor. The doors opened and I saw a flash of blonde hair entering through a door down the hall. Good. I caught her before she could dash to the store or something. I walked to the door and knocked lightly. The door swung open slowly and out peeked a cascade of gold waves and a pair of dark eyes.

"Pan! What a surprise. Please, come in." she said with a smile. I returned her show of amicability and grinned, giving her a warm hug.

"I have some awesome news, Marron!"

~*~

I couldn't understand what possibly drove Pan to come see me. It's not like we were good friends or anything. In fact, I couldn't stand her. She was the shining star of the group, the little beam of sunshine everyone loved. Whenever she and Bra would get together, no one cared about anything else. Especially Goten. Those little twits put him in a trance and he flocked to them with the others, and totally ignored me! I just couldn't understand what they had that I didn't. And that was the main reason why I couldn't stand Son Pan.

"Well, Marron, I'm going to America! For school. I just wanted to say goodbye and whatnot. You're my friend, and I wanted to show that I cared for you." she said, with this sickeningly adorable smile.

I've always wanted to go to America, and now this little girl who had so much more than I did already was getting the opportunity. I never realized how cruel fate could actually be. Whatever minuscule amount of respect I had for this brat flew out of the window.

"Pan, that is awesome! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!" I said, hugging her and faking a grin. "So, when's the big day? Are you excited?" God, someone should give me an Academy Award.

"Well, I leave in two weeks, and yes, I can't wait! I've heard Boston was amazing."

"Hmm, I guess you'll find out soon enough! That is simply wonderful, Pan. But don't you think it's going to be a bit hard leaving everything behind?" I responded, trying my best to look thoughtful and concerned.

"Yeah...it really sucks, because Trunks and I finally stopped our arguments and made peace, and now I'm leaving..." she pouted glumly.

I'm not stupid. I know she's liked Trunks since she was old enough to be attracted to boys. And that is how I'm going to get back at her for EVERYTHING. For being so freaking cute. For constantly overshadowing me. And finally, for taking my Goten away from me. And while I'm at it, I figure it'll upset Bra in the process, for like our dear Pan-chan here, she has a simple crush on Goten. And I will ruin that bond through my plan. Yes, I'm a bitch, but somebody has to do the dirty work and teach those two a lesson they'll never forget.

"Pan, hun, you have nothing to worry about! I'll keep Trunks in check. Don't you worry about a thing..."

~*~

I wonder if maybe I should try to get to know Marron better. She seems like a nice person. I've never really made it an effort to communicate with her because she never seemed interested, but I'm going to change that. I'm going to talk to her more often and visit her when she's on break. She's a true friend, I think.

We said our goodbyes, and wished each other luck, then I got up to leave.

"It's a shame you have to leave so soon, Pan. You'll have to come back whenever you're in town, okay?" she said softly, hugging me again.

"It's a deal, Marron. You take care of yourself! And I hope you find a boyfriend." I answered with a wink. She laughed softly, ruffling my hair. I still hate that.

"Don't you worry about that, Son Pan. If love comes, it comes. But it better hurry, because I'm getting impatient." We both laughed and she continued. "Anyway, I've been talking to someone, so any day now, you know?"

"Yeah, I understand. Bye Marron!" I giggled, walking out the door. It shut softly behind me with a click.

I actually enjoyed myself the past half-hour or so. That wasn't so bad at all. But it was starting to get dark, and I DID promise Trunks I'd round up Goten and we'd go out for ice cream later. So, I might as well go to Grandma Chichi's house for dinner and then go on from there. I whipped out my handy, dandy...CELL PHONE! [Haha, thought I'd say notebook, didn't you?]

Immediately, I called my parents and told them I was eating over Grandma's and asked if I could spend the night at Bra's. I didn't want some lame curfew, and I knew Bulma and Vegeta wouldn't care. Apparently, my parents didn't mind either, because they agreed on it quickly and gave me permission. So, I flared my ki and dashed over into the forest, making my way back to the familiar cottage of my childhood.

Grandma Chichi was walking out as I landed in front of the house smoothly. She looked all dolled up, and it was obvious she was going out, which was good, because she'd been a bit depressed lately. It was getting close to the anniversary of Grandpa Goku's death. She thought he was going to come back, but I knew deep down in her heart that the end had come. So, I was glad she was going to get her mind off of him.

"Pan-chan! What are you doing out so late? No matter, Goten was just going to go eat dinner at the Briefs, and I'm sure he'd love for you to join them. I'm going to a matinee with a few friends. So, are you excited? Oh, Pan-chan, I'm SO proud of you!" she cried, grabbing me into a tight hug and sniffling. Personally, I was still trying to figure out what she said. She doesn't realize how fast she can talk.

"Well, I'll talk to you later, I'm running late, bye Pan-chan!" She took off in the car and waved as she hovered off.

Goten walked up behind me, chuckling. "At least you don't live with her." he smirked.

"Yeah, I'll remember that. Anyway, shall we take off for Capsule Corp? I'm sure the food getting cold." Goten took off into the air before I could even finish my thought.

"Come on, Pan! The food's waiting!" he called to me from the sky. Well, if you can't beat them, join them! I took off after him, smirking as I pulled ahead of him easily.

"First one there's...smellier than Roshi!" I taunted, looking over my shoulder and sticking my tongue out at him.

"You're going down, Pan!" he said, pushing his power to a higher level and shooting past me in the air.

~*~

I watched the two streaks of light fly by in the blue sky with the sun setting slowly behind him. Goten and Pan. God, they disgusted me. But they were in for it, oh would they get the shock of their lives!

Watch out, Panny. Your life is going to change more drastically than you think.

[A/N: Well, what do you think? Typical story? Don't like the idea of Marron being the antagonist? Wish that Trunks and Pan would hurry up and get together? Well, there's a LOT of this fic to still be written. And many more twists and turns to wait for! So stay tuned, kiddos, hehe. Anyways, be sure to tell me what you think, and comment on the course you want this fic to take, and I'll be sure to do my best and make sure everyone is pleased. And you have to give me credit for actually giving Marron a reason to not like the girls! In most fics, she just hates them, period. But in a good story, there must be reasoning behind everything. Anyways, R/R and until the next time, which will be soon, because the next chapter will be a fun one to write! Until the next time...~L.O.P-chan]