Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Chess ❯ Chess ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chess
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Dragonball Z or any of its characters.
Author Notes: Goku and Vegeta play strip chess.
 
---
 
“No, do it slowly!”
 
Growling in warning at the childish voice, Vegeta peeled off his skin tight shirt and tossed it to the floor in contempt, revealing his chest to the one sitting opposite him. He couldn't believe he was losing this, especially to Goku of all people.
 
Looking back to the chessboard, he stared at the black and white pieces for some time as he tried to think of the best move to make. He hadn't expected Goku to be as big a challenge as he was turning out to be. Even now, he wasn't sure how he'd manipulate an upper hand out of the situation. He'd already lost his gloves and boots, corresponding to both knights, and the loss of both bishops now left him topless.
 
“How did you...” He muttered, pausing before he admitted Goku was good. “How did you learn to play this game, Kakarotto?” Currently, Vegeta could have kicked himself for underestimating the other saiyan. Maybe if he entered the game expecting a challenge, he would have been less likely to make stupid mistakes earlier. The man was a genius in a literal battlefield, he should have at least been wary!
 
“Chichi made me learn so Gohan had someone to play against.” A short chuckle punctuated his words. “Though I never beat him too often. And I think he let me win the few times I did.”
 
Fingers hovering of the pieces, Vegeta reluctantly made his move, a little frustrated at the lack of openings. He couldn't see any clear traps he himself could lay, whilst Goku already had skewered some of his key pieces behind pawns.
 
Goku was quick to counter him, hand sweeping over the board to take another pawn. Against Vegeta, Goku had only lost his wristbands and his outer shirt so far.
 
Gritting his teeth, Vegeta soon found his dwindling defences crumbling. One of his rooks was trapped by Goku's bishop and knight; all he'd managed to squeeze out of his opponent was a single rook, corresponding to the blue sash worn around his waist. It was a significant piece, but he couldn't see any way of taking advantage of the situation. Goku had already twisted it around to his own favour.
 
As Vegeta retreated as best he could from the traps, he found more of his pieces being eaten away, quickly finding himself without rooks. Across the table, Goku's grin had widened to shit-eating proportions.
 
“Come on Vegeta, you know what that means!” He dangled the taken piece between his thumb and forefinger. “I got both your rooks, you've gotta take your trousers off.”
 
His movements slow, more out of reluctance than a desire to tease or entertain the other saiyan, Vegeta stood up by the table and hooked his thumbs under his waistband, pushing down the bottoms of his training suit. He hated losing, especially in games like this. The stripping was only serving to enhance his humiliation, but he'd agreed to the game. He couldn't back out now.
 
Besides, it was his own damn fault for expecting this to be easy.
 
A deep purr was directed at him as he wriggled out of his trousers, stepping out of them and reaching down to toss them aside. When he looked up Goku was eyeing him with a heated gaze, shameless about his own desire.
 
Trying to block out Goku from his line of vision, he sat down, making his move as he glared down at the chessboard. His frown deepened as he tried to concentrate on the pieces, desperate to find any move that would improve the situation. Opposite, Goku looked over Vegeta with fascination; he could see from his own seat he was still trying as hard as he could.
 
“Aren't you going to move?”
 
“Oh! Sorry Vegeta.” Struggling to tear his gaze away from Vegeta's half naked body, he reached down and moved his piece. “Check.”
 
Giving the board a double take, Vegeta swore under his breath as he was forced to move his king back into a corner. He could already see in advance Goku could easily checkmate him and win in this situation; his only chance would be to engineer a draw.
 
A slight smirk spread over his face as Goku followed his moves, luring him in but not letting him get the complete upper hand again. Whilst he was the one on the run now, he could still manipulate his opponent to a degree by being as difficult to catch as possible.
 
In the final move, Goku took his queen, leaning over the board with a proud grin on his face.
 
“You know what that means.”
 
The was a pause as Vegeta looked over the board, a grin spreading over his face as he stood up. Turning away from Goku, he bent over just a little as he pushed down his underwear, ensuring Goku had a good view as his ass was uncovered. Releasing the waistband he let the white briefs drop to the floor of their own accord, before crouching down to pick them up.
 
“Stalemate, Kakarotto.” With a flick of his wrist, Vegeta tossed his underwear over his shoulder and it promptly landed in Goku's hair, dangling from the large spikes. He peeked over his shoulder, unable to stop his expression on amusement growing as he noted the other saiyan's gaze was fixed on his bare behind and not the chessboard. “We didn't agree on conditions for a draw, did we?”
 
After several slow blinks, Goku looked down at the chessboard, nodding in agreement.
 
“Then neither of us will get to choose,” said Vegeta, his voice silky smooth and enticing, his intention to tease Goku transparent. “and before you ask, no, I will not still through another idiotic human game.”
 
“But you're already naked!” Goku swung his arm out, pointing across the table at him. “That isn't fair, I got all your clothes off.”
 
“Isn't it?” Letting out a throaty chuckle, Vegeta strutted away from the table. “You never specified when I have to put them back on, either.”