Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Child of Light ❯ Legends ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of these characters. They have taken over my mind and are forcing me to write their silliness.
x x x

Gohan woke disoriented and full of pain. What had happened? He tried to open his eyes to see where he was, but opening them even just a slit caused him and amazing amount of pain. He tried to recall what had happened since that thing had grabbed him, but he couldn’t get more than bits and pieces to come forward, and all of them so clouded in pain that they were no more than a blur.

He heard someone coming into the room and decided that they didn’t need to know that he was awake yet. There was something strange about their energy, something that Gohan had never sensed before, and he was cautious. The person was messing with something on a nearby table. Another one came in behind the first and said, “I thought no one was supposed to be in here. If you wake this guy up, Delis is going to make sure you fit in an ash tray!”

“I’m not the one being loud! Now shut up and help me find that spell.”

So he wasn’t supposed to be awake, huh? He wondered what was going on and who Delis was. As he heard the two men leave, he started to work on the ties of his bonds, expecting that they would break quite easily against the strength of a Saiyan. But not only were they stronger than he expected, he was Weaker! He could hardly move, and he could feel something blocking him from gathering his energy, something that was in his mind, wrapped around his power like a smothering blanket! What was he going to do Now?
x x x

Everyone sat around the table in Giles house, Willow in front of her laptop looking for information on Usaki. “Got it! Kenjo Usaki was killed a hundred and seventy-five years ago in Japan. He joined up with a major group about a hundred years ago that is trying to bring about another apocalypse. They’re called the ‘Servants of the Beast’ and they’ve been operating for nearly a century. It says here that no one was ever really concerned with them as a threat.”

Buffy said, “Why not?”

Giles, having recognized the name of the sect, said, “Because the spells to release the Beast they are serving need a power source that would in itself be sufficient to destroy a planet, but that is held by one who won’t use it that way. He is called the ‘Child of Light’, and only when they have this one can they drain his power, corrupt it, and then feed it to the Beast.”

“Usaki said something about a Vessel.”

Giles nodded. “The Vessel is an artifact capable of holding the energy of the Child of Light, not unlike a battery being charged. Once it’s full, then the Master of the Beast will kill him to sever the link between him and his power. He’ll also kill every vampire in the sect to create a shaft of power, a sort of spear of demonic energy that will both corrupt the energy of the Child and send it to the Beast, who is buried beneath the surface, probably under the park, since that’s where they have set up their alter.”

Buffy said, “So what’s the best way to attack this?”

Giles thought about it for a moment. There weren’t too many texts on these people, but there Was one that would most likely help. He went to his collection, rifled through a few of the boxes that he had removed from the school library before they had planted the bomb that had killed the Mayor, and took out one slim volume titled “Darshic Orgisa Na.” Translated: Little Book of Demons. Well, no one said that all stuffy tombs had to have stuffy names. He looked through the pages until he found one with the Servants of the Beast on it. “Here we are.” He scanned the text for a moment, then, finding what he had been looking for he said, “It seems that if you break the Vessel before it’s used then nothing can happen. If you break it after it is used but before they kill the Child, then all of the energy will return to him. And most importantly, the Vessel is also the center of every one of the spells which are holding on to the Child. If you break it, he will be able to defend himself quite well on his own.”

“Sounds like a plan. So what does this dohickey look like?”

So Giles laid the book on the table an everyone looked at it. It was a statue, made of bronze, of a bald, nude, female angel, her eyes closed and her wings long enough to actually be effective. She stood on a small pedestal, the longest primary feather of each wing just touching it behind her feet, with her arms in a relaxed position to each side. She was depicted next to an actual feather, showing the scale of the thing to be about that of the Oscar. “The book says something about the statue changing when the Ritual begins, but it doesn’t say how.”

“Well, I guess I’d better go down there as soon as the sun’s up. If we can stop this thing before tomorrow night, we probably won’t have to deal with the whole thing. I’d like to avoid the split-second timing if I can.”
x x x

Gohan was fully awake, and starting to feel less pain. He took stock of the room and realized that it was fairly bare. There were only a few boxes of papers stacked in one corner, one smallish desk and a chair. He couldn’t see anything that he could use to pry open the door or anything close enough to use to pick the lock on the cage. He wasn’t used to this weakness, but he figured that he must be holding at normal human strength. The whatever-it-was that was blocking him was only stopping him from using ki energy, not personal energy, and he was fairly muscular, but the cage was made of good steel, and he didn’t have a chance of even bending it.

He wished that he could have just ignored that energy ball. But what would that have made him? A coward, that’s what. Hmph. Well, at least he had the advantage of surprise as long as they didn’t realize that he was awake. At least he Hoped they didn’t.

He had gathered from some of the gossip that he had overheard that Delis planned on stealing his energy for some evil purpose. Supposedly, only someone as powerful as he was could pull this off, and they hadn’t been able to find someone in their own world, but had finally found him in another dimension and set a trap for him.

Well, all he had to do was wait. They would have to take him out of the cage to perform their little Ritual, and hopefully he would be able to escape then. If not...well he would take as many of them with him as he could!
x x x

Krillin and Trunks stood on the platform with Piccolo, Dende, and Mr. Popo. Piccolo said, “How long has he been missing?” The large Namek was visibly agitated since he couldn’t find any trace of his one-time pupil either.

“It’s been nearly three days. Chichi said that he was going on a fishing trip in the woods, and that’s the last anyone’s heard from him.”

Piccolo walked to the edge of the platform and focused on that section of the planet. He hadn’t noticed anything going on during these last weeks, and even that quiet worried him. As he focused, though, he found the traces of a fight in a small clearing in the woods. “There.”

“What, you found him?” yelled Krillin.

“No, but I know where to start looking now. Follow me!” And he dove off the platform flying in the direction of the forest around Chichi’s house. While in the air, Trunks called Bulma so that she would know what was going on. The Last thing they needed was for Chichi to start accusing them of leaving her out of the search for her son.

They reached the clearing and landed. Gohan’s side bag, containing his fishing knife, two books, and a couple of dino-caps, had been dropped and scattered, spilling onto the forest floor. Piccolo could sense the remains of the dimensional portal in the air, but he wasn’t sure how to use it, or even if he could. The Namek just stood there for a moment and looked deep inside himself for the answers, asking the part of himself that was Kami what to do, but he still couldn’t see how to work the damned thing. Almost to himself, the Namek said, “This could take a while.”
x x x