Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Child of Light ❯ To The Rescue ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: Hey guys, it’s not like I’m making any money off this. You really can’t get blood from a turnip, although if you figure out a way to, you could sell it to Angel.

Gohan watched as Delis finished the preparations for the Ritual from the back of his cage. The sorcerer knew that he was awake, so Gohan had stopped pretending and moved into a more comfortable position. Not that Any position could be comfortable with your hands and feet tied.

Delis had taken great pleasure in explaining in detail exactly what was going to happen to him. He’d pointed to the little statue and said, “First, my dear boy, this little beauty is going to wake up. Yes, she’s real under all that gilding. She’ll drain you of all your energy, down to the last watt, until you’re a mere shell of yourself, and then I’ll let my pets have you for lunch.” He meant the vampires. “After that, it will be only a moment of time before we give you’re energy to the Beast who will bring about the destruction of this world! Finally will the human stink be gone from our noses! And you will make it all possible! Isn’t that wonderful?” Then he’d gone about his preparations, laughing like a maniac.

Gohan’s energy was completely renewed, but for once he wasn’t glad. If he had been a weaker sort then they wouldn’t have the energy to bring about their mad scheme, but they had known exactly where to find him and exactly how he would react to the presence of a strange energy so close to home. He had simply been caught by a trap because he had been too curious for his own good. Now he was going to pay for that mistake with his life, and that wouldn’t be so bad. After all, he’d get to see his dad again. But the entire population of this planet was going to pay with him, and dammit, it just wasn’t fair!
x x x

Piccolo started prodding the defunct portal with small jabs of energy, expecting it to waver, but he got a surprise. Not only did the portal Absorb the energy, but it sent out seeking tendrils that tried to follow the path that energy had taken and latch onto him. Now he realized what had happened to Gohan. He would have probed the thing just out of curiosity and it had grabbed him, probably feeding off his energy to send him to wherever he had been taken. Well he thought he could probably manage to open it again, but getting back might be a problem. He would have to have something to hold the damned thing open. But what could do that?

Trunks said, “Hey, Piccolo, what is that?”

“Some kind of portal.” He was about to return to his contemplation when and idea struck him like a bolt of lightning. Trunks and Goten both had already reached Super Saiyan potential and had sparked several times in their mock battles. But neither one of them would do it if their parents were near. Vegeta wouldn’t understand, and would probably be annoyed if he found that his son had reached so high a level so soon. Goten had transformed in front of Chichi Once, while she was training him, and she had freaked out, forbidding him ever to transform again in her presence. Piccolo had, of course, noticed their tremendously fast progress from Kami’s Lookout, but he also knew that the boys would probably be reluctant to display their power in front of any adults. He turned to Krillin and said, “I think we’re going to need Goten for this.”

Krillin looked at the Namek as if he had spots. “Okay. I guess I’ll go get him.” The former monk looked first at Trunks, then back at Piccolo, then shrugged and took off, flying toward Chichi’s house.

Piccolo turned to Trunks. “Would you object to helping me, Trunks?”

“Of course not, Piccolo! How?”

“By becoming a Super Saiyan with Goten and holding open the portal until I can get Gohan and get back through it.”

Trunks started. How’d He know? Slowly, he nodded. He really didn’t mind, it was just that his dad was really uptight about his strength and he wasn’t sure how the Saiyan prince would react to his son achieving that level so much sooner than he had.

Krillin and Goten came flying over the treetops within a few minutes and landed in the clearing. The youngest Saiyan looked at Trunks and Piccolo and said, “Is this about my brother being missing?”

“Yeah. Piccolo says that he needs us to hold open the portal that Gohan went through so that he can bring him back.”

“Okay! What do we have to do, Mr. Piccolo?”
x x x

Buffy looked at the entrance to the gazebo in the park. It had taken all of the two days they had to figure out just where the Ritual was being held, mostly because until tonight, there hadn’t even been any guards on the place. Now she crept up on them, using all the stealth capabilities she had, and staked them, not bothering with her usual witty comments in respect of the need to not waste time. She started moving up the corridor, noticing absently that the moon was full tonight. It would be easier to see her silhouette against the relative brightness of the outside, so she kept to the edges of the wall.
x x x

Piccolo forced open the portal, making sure that the two small Super Saiyans at his sides were ready to hold it open with thin streams of energy. As he jumped into the swirling ball of energy, he silently prayed that this wasn’t going to be a really big mistake.
x x x