Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Crush ❯ Report Nothing ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Crush
There was something refined and exquisite about the huge living quarters that belonged to the Princess Bura. He followed Kuririn with wide eyes down Bejiita's golden corridors.
She was Bejiita's favorite child, he was as lenient with her as he was harsh on his son. But there was something more than awkward about the entire sub palace.
The higher class ladies of Bejiita-Sei were always to accompany her, and as they twirled to a primitive sort of graceful beat, she stood out in more vibrant colors. Arrogant child.
Gokou blinked ahead, meeting the faint yet sweet smell of vanilla with a quizzical look. There was a bit of unrest, but they continued to sway and once again he found his hand tangled in his onyx mane.
Only two had hair that resembled the skies of his own planet, and for a moment just that color made him look away in mild sadness. Bura looked bored, she moved away from the other dancers and the music came to an abrupt stop.
"What do you want?"
Gokou stepped forward, frowning as he advanced. Bura looked older, her voice was more thickly accented, and though her body was slightly petite, there was something unattractive about her manner in its entirety.
"Would the Princess please show her father's guest the palace?"
She waved her hand and the music began again. With a sigh of annoyance, she finally responded, "If I must."
Gokou couldn't help but frown. "It's very interesting, how you're supposed to stay in here all day, only with females." He smiled innocently, politely,. The Princess looked scared for a moment, shifting a bit in her seat. "It's odd. One would think he would want his daughter to be out more often. Girls younger than you are have already mated. Of course your brother-"
"Stop right there!" Another female bolted towards him. Her locks, in the light, were only a shade bluer than Buruma's, her eyes were two oceans, and as she stomped, fists balled and defiance and pride possessing her every action, he identified Buruma as the mother of this creature. "Just stop implying such things about my father!"
"Your father?" He raised a brow.
"Maron, go inform my mother I'm going to personally take this beast on his tour. Kuririn, you annoy me, go away!" As angry as she was, her voice was made of pale bells of fairest silver.
At once, the woman that had claimed herself to be Bura moments before was running down the hallway, Kuririn at her heels to escape the wrath of the true princess.
In an annoyed motion, she grabbed his arm and jerked him away from her ladies, but she looked disgusted, offended and she walked, or it could've been considered running, down the hallways.
How dare he! To imply that her father was purposely keeping her from other men. Did he know what he was saying, how much trouble her father would be in, the laws that were being broken if this were true? No, her father was merely protective, waiting for a worthy male to come along for her.
And as for Torankusu, she huffed to herself, which amused Gokou because she seemed to be having a conversation with herself as she pointed to different beauties with no emotion or interest in what she was showing him.
Torankusu was not yet ready, he didn't want to accept role as future king, he didn't want a wife and future queen to be bound to until the end of time. That was all. This beast, this guest of her father's with his childish smile and his polite insults did not deserve to walk on their rich soil.
Gokou watched her, but he frowned. She was supposed to be a victim, kept from marriage when her age was right, she was supposed to hint at her father's crimes, but instead he faced intense anger. The silence became awkward, and he lowered his head like a sheepish boy and sighed deeply, "I'm sorry, Bura."
"You should be!" She stiffly replied.
"But don't you think it's curious that you're always surrounded by females?"
"Am I right now?"
"No, but-"
"There you are," She hissed, "Just like everyone else. Always trying to imply something, always..." As she got more angry, her accent was thicker, but it was not raw and harsh like Maron's. Gokou looked up in concern when her words stopped dead. Her grasp on his shoulder weakened, now a more friendly gesture, "... And this is one of my father's rooms. He is celebrated throughout the galaxy for his strength. But you should know that."
Gokou stared in bewilderment as her sweet tone dropped and her nails clawed into his arms once again when the guards left. In a hushed voice, he asked, "What was that all about?"
"My father is a very suspicious man. If they heard me, they would've thrown you in jail for sure." She peaked over the corner, hissing, "Damn!"
"What?" He tried to pull his head over too, but she pushed him back.
"They're walking too quickly!" She whined, "Come on, before they throw you in jail!"
Gokou blinked momentarily, "What!"
"Just come on!"
The girl raced through intricate corridors that were as black as night. Darkness was falling, letting the day close its sleepy eyes and rest while vivid blackness slowly crept over Bejiita-Sei.
He only faintly recognized Buruma's quarters, so when Bura pulled a heavy door open, his curiosity allowed him to breathlessly let out, "Where are we?"
"My wing. They won't bother you here until Father and Torankusu get back so we can explain the misunderstanding..." She was wringing her hands, nervous.
"Why are you doing this? An hour ago you hated me."
Her eyes sharpened, "And would you rather I let them think you were a spy and kill you? Don't you realize that Furiza is after my father? He sent a spy. You're not a very good actor, you know." She was hugging herself, leaning against a window to look out over her palace. "So there it is. I save your life, save my father's and report nothing and leave."
"Bura..."
Her head was buried in her knees, he wanted to touch her shoulder, but he refrained. She was crying. "Don't you know what they'll do to us? They're scared. Of our power, of our intelligence and defiance. We can survive without them, unlike your planet. You need us. So talk with my mother sweetly, take what you need, and promise me you will report nothing."
"But Bura, he's keeping you both from marrying to stay in power..."
"I don't want to marry, and neither does Torankusu." She stiffened, wiping her eyes before looking at him, "It's you and your Order that does. Because you know my brother will not lead our planet to the same greatness my father can."
Gokou sighed. She was a complicated creature, but underneath her words and excuses she was a little girl clinging to her father's legs. "I don't like them any more than you do."
"So then why does it matter so much?" She rose to her knees on the stone ledge, eyes wide with hope.
He scratched his head, "I'm not quite sure, really." Her face fell in annoyance, "But what I do know is your father isn't intending on being very kind to my people..."
"That is why you must talk to my mother! Fight my father, prove you are strong and he will respect you, but if you discuss this with my mother she will give you your way and your precious planet will be fine."
His response was abruptly cut off by a knock on the doors. She pushed him in a corner, glaring at him as he made a squeak of surprise, and pulled the doors open, "What is it?"
"Princess!" Kuririn hissed, "The King Gokou, spy, there were guards that heard him speaking with you and they have reason to believe he is conspiring against our government! Please, Princess, tell us where he went!"
Buruma was following behind with sad eyes for a reason Bura could not place, but she shook her head, "He said he was bored with my foolish female attitude or something to that extent and made off to find you."
"He must be on his way out of the palace. Come on!" Kuririn sighed, "Queen Buruma, you needn't follow."
"I intend on making sure that my old friend has fair treatment." She stiffly responded, "If he is guilty then he will be cruelly punished, and if he is not he has our apologies, but we will find him and gather evidence and wait for my husband to return." Gokou sighed in relief at her authoritative voice, "I do not want him dead."
"Brilliant, then, Queen!" Kuririn gushed.
"I will try to contact Father." Bura murmured.
The queen turned, as if it was the first time she noticed Bura, "Don't worry about it, Dear, I already have."
"Oh." Bura said in a small voice and the party moved on. She closed the doors and sighed.
Gokou stood, looking grateful.
"We need to find a reason for you to be... the gardens." She sighed, looking out the window.
"What?"
"No one goes in the gardens. It's an insane maze, but the exit is around the area where you were met by Kuririn and Yamucha. I know a way through. When it's very dark, we'll move out." She sighed, "They'll find you and assume you're stupid."
"That's great." He sourly noted, but was met with another sharp glare.
She sighed, bending over something in the black room. A candle was lit, but it was dim, he could only make out her face as she shuffled around. "Rest now."
It was a bed.
He slowly lay, and as time passed his eyes closed and the tiredness he didn't know existed took over him and he slept while she watched the candle burn out in her old play room.
 
*****
 
He was incredibly attractive. His chest, his dark eyes, his pale skin.
He was the enemy.
And yet he was lying there, defenseless on her bed...
She blushed, she was young, he was married, but she leaned over and her fingers barely ran over his lips, his eyes, his eyebrows, when his hand grabbed her wrist.
She almost fell back, and he stared at her curious for a moment. "Well, come on!" She snapped. "We've got to go."
Hand in hand, she showed him the way out of the castle. She must've gotten in trouble a lot as a child, he faintly noted, she knew her way around without second glances.
He was dizzy and half asleep, her heart was beating rapidly and she was still blushing from the awkward moment before, and yet his cheek was so smooth, like a child's, but he was so old...
Even in her dress, she forced herself over the garden wall and sighed when the silk was torn, but kept moving.
Gokou wasn't sure why, but he felt a tinge of jealousy, "You love him that much?"
"Who?"
"Bejiita. If they find you too..."
"It doesn't matter." She waved it off, "Your life for his, remember?"
He was hurt. He'd grown fond of her, her loyalty and smart comments. He stopped, sighing deeply, and he grabbed her wrist.
She froze for a moment, turning to face him. It was pitch black, an unnerving sort of darkness, but when she turned to face him, he pulled her arm closer until it was peeled to his chest.
"Do you mean that?" His voice was so soft, he examined her in the blackness, "Is that the only reason you're helping me?"
She flushed, ripping her hand from him, "Yes. It is."
"No, it's not." He took both of her hands. Something like gravity pulled him to her, possessed him, and she took a step closer only forcing him to go on.
"Yes it is..." She murmured.
He bent his head down, taking in her scent, closing his eyes as his lips brushed over the Princess', asking, not demanding entrance, and she gave way and he tasted her, devoured her, as if she were the finest wine in the universe.
*****
 
I hope that didn't suck! Note: Re-read first chapter if you haven't as of 2/27. I rewrote it.
Side notes: Sorry to MM.Org people. I've been trying to figure out this damnable website, it's a lot easier on FF.Net with formatting and stuff, but I think I've finally got the hang of it.