Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Daughter of Goku? ❯ Meetings and Partings ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: DBZ doesn't belong to me. I am merely using the world and characters from Akira Toriyama. I am not making any money from this or trying to rip anyone off. Veta and any original story line about her are mine. Please ask if you would like to use them. Thank you very much.

Chapter 2: Meetings and Partings
She could feel it when they first got there, like a nagging feeling in the back of her head, but now it was much clearer. Freeza that was. In all truth she had wanted to be the one to go and kill Freeza, but the safety of the others came first. Plus, when you looked at it from a different point of view, it was Trunks' job to go and kill Freeza. He was the last ruler of their almost extent race, it would be almost like avenging their dead people. He would probably do a better job then her anyhow. She would have gone there and just blown them all up and called it a day. It would be a type of poetic justice… in a twisted sort of way….
Her foot landed on another rock peak and she pushed off from it and shot through the air, keeping low to get ground so not to be seen by the ship passing overhead. No point in using her ki to fly. Not just because of the scouters that Frezza and his men would be wear, but because was she didn't want to announce her presences to the others. Bulma had made it clear to have as little interaction with timeline as possible, since no one knew how much of an effect it would have. She was only going to make sure that they were safe… not to go and see Gohan and give him a hug or anything…
She spotted someone up ahead and stopped short, and side stepped behind a cliff. Carefully looking out, she took a look at him. She was very curious about him, seeing how well Gohan spoke of him when she was younger.
`Piccolo… he's scary looking…'
He stood there by himself looking out in the direction that the ship had flown in. His cape was dramaicly flapping in the wind and his eyes were very intense and focused. Like Gohan's eyes had been at times. She could feel the presence of five… no seven others behind him. The last two were very low ki, most likely a normal human. Veta tried to think of who would be crazy enough to come out here where Freeza would be and then smiled to herself.
Bulma would be the only one crazy enough, or brave depending on how you looked at it. Veta could picture it perfectly in her mind… Bulma standing here with her hand proudly placed on her hips looking around as if she were sight seeing.
Her eyes narrowed suddenly and looked off in the direction that Freeza's ship had landed. She could feel Trunks ki now, he was most likely confronting Freeza, but that wasn't what caused her eyes to narrow. There were two more unfriendly Ki coming this way.
`Trunks must have let them go, knowing that I would stop them.'
They were in sight now. Nothing impressive really, but they could cause trouble… Veta sighed to herself… how troublesome...
In the time it took to blink, Veta appeared in front of them, causing their eyes to go wide with surprise. They stopped so quick it she wondered how they didn't get whiplash.
“This thing must be broken.” On of them said while playing with his scouter. They were the typical kind of bad guys that worked for Freeza. Very brawny, stupid and wearing horribly short spandex things that made Veta cringe.
“I don't suppose that if I ask nicely you'll go back to the ship like good boys?” She asked looking sweet and innocent, knowing the answer already though.
“No.” One said shortly. He looked her up and down and then spotted her tail neatly tucked around her waist. “Well, well… Maybe we will. I am sure that Freeza will be happy to have a pet monkey again.” He gave her a nasty grin looking her up and down in a way that made Veta's eyes narrow.
Veta's eyebrow twitched. “What did you call me?”
“Monkey. That's what you are, aren't you?” He said pointing to her tail that was flicking behind her.
“You're starting to piss me off. Take that smirk off your face before I rip it off.” Veta hissed.
“You're starting to piss me off.” One of them mocked, while holding his hands under his chin and making big eyes. The other laughed and pushed a button on his scouter and watched at numbers flashed till it stopped.
“You only have a power level of 5. What makes you think that you can tell us what to do?”
Snarling, Veta pointed one finger at the one that had mocked her. A thin Ki beam flashed from her finger and shot right through his chest. There was a momentary look of surprise on his face before he fell from the sky and crashed on rocky ground below. The other watched in horror as his comrade fell, and then glared at her. He took a fighting stance and snarled at her.
Veta crossed her arms. “You came here to cause trouble, insulted and mocked me. And you know what? You're ugly and the sight of you in spandex makes me want to cry. I don't think that there is really a need for you anymore.”
He had a moment to register what she said before she was behind him with one hand on her his head and another on his shoulder. In one fluid motion, she brought the two together with a load crack, snapping his neck. She let go and watched as his body feel to the ground with the grace of a bag of bricks.
“Asshole.” Veta muttered to the falling body before looking back at the group, who had now clearly seen her. Sighing, she flew over to them and landed neatly in front of them. They stared at her for a while; looking tense, some in fighting stance.
“You're Sayjin!” Bulma said suddenly. She jumped forward fearlessly and began to look at her from head to toe from and arms reach.
“Your powers of observation are breath taking.” Vegeta said dully, but he was also looking at Veta with a curious eye.
“Hey… Shut up!” Bulma snapped, turning to give an evil glare to the Sayjin prince. Veta smiled at the sight, her brother had not exaggerated in his stories of these two.
She unwrapped her tail from her waist and let it flick behind her in a friendly manner. The reaction was immediate; most of them relaxed, used to seeing Goku and Gohan do it when they where younger.
`I'm happy mom let me keep it…' Veta thought while looking at the group of people. Although they still looked tense, but she wasn't the cause anymore. She felt for Trunks and Frezza's Ki again… it hadn't changed much… probably talking. She looked back at the group of people. It was so different to see them when they weren't in photos. It was so… weird… And almost like she was meeting celebrities.
Her eyes traveled till they landed on Gohan, and she smiled. It was so good to see him again. It was a little odd to see him in the Sayian fighting gear and not the normal Gi that he had seemed to wear almost all the time. She had expected him to be wearing the same outfit as Piccolo when she got here. Bulma said that he had practically worshiped the ex-demon. He noticed her staring at him and looked away, blushing.
`Ugh… what am I doing?' She thought, scratching the back of her head. Maybe it would have been better if she had just taken off after getting rid of the two grunts …
Suddenly, she felt a raise in ki. Trunks was powering up to Super Sayian.
“That has to be dad!” Gohan cried out hopefully.
Veta had to stop herself from correcting, and watched as the group all took off in the direction, although running, keeping their ki low so not to draw attention to their location. Not that it mattered. She would protected them. Most of the scouters had probably blown up by now anyhow…
“Hey!” Bulma shouted at them. “Are you guys going to just leave me here? Oh the nerve!” Bulma let out a frustrated cry and stomped her foot. “Well, I'm not going to stand for this! I am going with you guys weather you like it or not!” She then looked at Veta, “ I don't suppose you could give me a ride, could you?”
Veta smiled, turned her back to her and squatted down, “Hop on.” Bulma got on her back piggy back style and after wrapping her tail around Bulma's waist to make she wouldn't fall off, she took off after the group.
“You're a good sayian, right?” Bulman asked a few moments later.
“Is this a trick question?” Veta gave her a funny look.
“I'm just making sure. I mean, you… feel like a good person.”
“What?”
“It's like Goku… he feels like a good person. It's something that comes off of him. You should meet him; he's the strongest guy in the world.”
Veta snorted and started to run faster, causing Bulma to yelp and cling tighter.
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
`He went a little overboard…' Veta thought while watching Trunks first cut Frezza in half, and then in one-by-one inch cubes… and then blew up all the cubes. If that wasn't going overboard then she didn't know what was. King Cold turned out to be a pussy in the end. Trunks had spent more time on killing Freeza then Cold. She was a little disappointed though. She thought it would have at least been fun to watch, but it was just sad.
Veta set Bulma on the group and saw the look of shock on every ones face. They had all been so sure that the super sayian that was here was Goku. Veta blinked and tried to remember… Goku was suppose to be here by now. In fact, according to what Gohan had said when he had told her the story years ago, Goku had been the one to defeat Freeza and was waiting for all his friends after the battle. But he wasn't here…
Thoughts of the time machine not actually working started poping in her head. Maybe instead of going to the past, it took them to an alternate universe. Or maybe they were altering time right now by just simply standing here. Either way, Bulma was going to have a hissy fit when they got home.
Veta set Bulma on the ground took to the air to join Trunks.
“How did it go? Did you get the two that got away?” He asked her.
“Yeah. One of them called me a monkey… They were nothing though, I didn't even need to go Super Sayian.”
Trunks chuckled and sent a Ki blast at Freeza's ship, destroying any evidence that a race from outer space had ever been there. He then powered down, his golden locks turning their light shade of lavender again and his body becoming a size smaller.
He looked at the group behind them. “Hey, you want to come and see Goku with us?” He shouted at the people that they had only seen in photos. “He'll be here in three hours, we can go to greet him!”
Veta and Trunks watched as the group talked among each other and then they took to the air, TrunksTrunks looked at his father for a moment before turning and taking off with the group hot on their tail. Veta speed up a little and caught up with him. She took a moment to look at his face.
`He really wanted to talk to him. I feel bad for him. Gohan said that Vegeta wasn't really a nice guy, but Trunks has never really listened to him…'
“It's so different here…” Trunks said. “There are no craters, the cities aren't in ruined and people aren't hiding when a shadow passes overhead…”
Veta nodded at him, “Yeah. It's really different…”
Trunks looked at his watch and flew off a little bit to the left, “Grandpa was the best…”
Veta blinked, “Hey, wasn't Goku suppose to be here already?”
Trunks nodded, “Yeah he was. But I remember that mom said a few hours they found him here his ship landed without him…”
“And he got from there to here… how?”
Trunks only shrugged, “I don't know. We can ask when he gets here..”
Veta could only shake her head from side to side… her head was starting to hurt from this situation. She liked things simple and kept simple.
Once they got to their destination and landed, Veta wished that they had just kept flying. If Bulma had been bad about asking questions, it was nothing compared with the rest of the group. They wanted to know everything about them, but they couldn't say anything of course. And they kept staring at her, at her eye the most.
When she had gone to save Trunks, she had lost the sight in her right eye from the fight with the androids. There was a scar from her forehead to the bottom of her check, they actual eye was still there, but it looked like a blind persons eye. Normally she kept it close, but she opened it for a moment and everyone saw it. She felt herself blush and turned away from them. While she had been recovering, she hadn't thought that her eye had been that damaged, but when the bandages came off and she realized that she couldn't tell the different, she almost cried.
Trunks had felt horrible afterwards. He was already feeling guilty about Gohan losing an arm and Veta losing an eye. Veta had tried to make a joke of it, saying that if she lost an arm, then there would be trouble for him.
But she almost kicked Trunks in the shin when his past-mother commented on his jacket and asked if he worked for Capsule Corp. She at lest didn't wear anything that would have given her away about where she came from. Or a walking lable whore for that matter…
Although her clothing wasn't as nice as Trunks, they were simple and fitted her needs well. It was a black spandex body suit that she had found in Capsule Corp. Bulma had let her have it, seeing how it was only going to be collecting dust. That, along with a denim vest and regular pair of boots worked better then she thought that it would.
There was one thing that both Trunks and Veta had been complete unprepared for, and that was Vegeta. Veta herself had expected him to just sit on his rock and glare at them like he did for the first hour while the others were asking questions. But when everyone had sat down and were waiting for Goku, Vegeta had gotten up and walked right now up to them. He grabbed her by the arm and yanked her to her feet.
“Oi! What they hell are you…” She started.
He grabbed her chin with his thumb and forefinger and turned her head this way and that. He was examining her very closely. Taking note of the color of her skin, the style of her hair and her build. She almost punched him when he opened up scared eye to take a closer look at her useless eye. After a moment he stepped back and crossed her arms, his face thoughtful.
“You look like her, but you're not. Are you her brat?”
Veta straightened her cloths out, “Am I whose brat?”
In a flash, Vegeta grabbed the front part of her vest and brought her face a mere inch from his, “Don't play stupid with me!”
“I'm not! I don't have a clue who you are talking about. Let go!” She punched Vegeta in face, which sent him flying a few feet. `I don't need this now…' She thought while sitting back down in a bad temper.
He was back on his feet though, one finger pointed at her. “You hit me!”
“Your powers of observation are breath taking.” She said to him mockingly.
“I am the Prince of all Sayjins, no one dares hits me!”
“You know what? I just did, and I do it again if I so damn well please! Go sit on your rock and sulk or something!”
“Now children…” Krillian said jokingly.
“SHUT UP!” Both Veta and Vegeta screamed at him in unison, causing him to take a step back.
“You inferior female! How dare you talk to me that!”
Veta shot up, “Inferior! You want to go at it, short man? You'll be…” The rest of her statement was cut off as the look on her face changed. It first took the look of one of in shock and then pain as she fell to the ground howling.
“You need to grow up!” Trunks said, holding her tail tightly in his hand.
“That's playing dirty!” She screamed at him thought the tears of pain.
“You'll sit on this rock and not say or do anything for the rest the time we're here.”
“Don't talk to me like you're my mom!”
Trunks gave the tail another squeeze, causing her face to go paper white. He let it go and watched as she got up after a while and sat cross leg style, well out of arm reach, and glared at him. She tried to wrap her tail around her waist, but it was bushed out and stiff, whipping this way and that like an angry cat. He turned away from her and stared off at the horizon.
`I wish he had a tail! I would break it! He just waited till later… I'll pound him!'
Vegeta stood there, but sure if he should be insulted at being forgotten so easily. After a moment he “keh” and went and sat down again and waited with the others.
Everyone else just looked at each other and then went on as if it didn't even happen. Gohan rubbed the spot where he used to have tail, and happy that he no long had a weakness like that anymore. Although he did feel sorry for her, he had his tail pulled like that once.
It was a few hours later till Trunks stood and looked up at the sky, “He's here.”
It took another moment for everyone else to feel out Goku's Ki, but almost as soon as they did, they saw the space pod seeding toward the earth.
“It's dad! Dad's back!” Gohan cried out happily once the ship made contact with the ground. He raced to the ship and almost tackled his father. Goku laughed happily and hugged his son.
“You all came to meet me!” He said once he stepped out of the crater, a goofy smile on his face.
Veta watched him from where she sat. She hadn't gotten up with the rest; she wanted to be semi alone when she first saw her father.
He was as tall as Gohan, before he died, although he was more filled out when Gohan had ever been. And there was power almost radiating from him. She could feel it raise and fall with his heart beat. He did look very formidable, that was for sure. Then there was something else…. Bulma had said something about it earlier, there was feeling about him. As if by him being here you didn't need to worry anymore. Everything would be ok…
`It's possible… if he lives then I won't have to live in a world that has craters and people run when a shadow passes overhead. Gohan will live and I may even get a normal life.'
Standing, she straightened her vest out, out of nervous habit, and walked over to stand next to Trunks. He looked at her and raised his eyebrows in a silent question. She simple shrugged back and watched the group as they almost seemed to pounce on Goku and bombard him with endless questions. Except for Vegeta and Piccolo, who stood a little way from the group with their arms crossed.
“Hey, Goku, do you know them? They knew when and where you going to come back.” Bulma said while pointed at them.
Goku looked at them and blinked, “Nope, I never seen them before.”
Veta almost laughed as she watched as nearly the whole group did a facefall, with legs twitching in the air.
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
Veta watched as Trunks and Goku talked. She wanted to be there too, but it was better this way. She didn't want to give away the fact that she was his daughter and not be born. Looking bad at everyone else, she cleared her through, getting there attention.
“I suppose that you are all wondering why I can't tell you my name along with everything else.” She started, feeling a little awkward. She took a deep breath and went into explanation of how she came from the future and what it was like there. She told them about the androids and the terror they caused.
“Goku's sick.” She said calmly. “He has a heart disease that there isn't cure for yet. However, in my time, we've managed to create one. My friend is giving him the medicine now and is explaining the same things that I am too you. If he takes it, he'll live and the androids will be destroyed. However, if he doesn't live then everyone, but Gohan and Bulma, will die. And there are no Dragon Balls in my time either, since Piccolo died. I am not even sure if we have a new Kami since the old one died.”
Everyone looked very grim when she stopped.
She saw Trunks and Goku coming back and waited for them silently. Goku also looked grim, but she saw that he was also looking at the medication in his hand.
“Lets go.” Trunks said.
She nodded at him and looked at everyone else, “See you guys later.”
Turning, she took to the air and didn't look back.
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
“You know, I've been thinking…” Krillian said to Oolong, Yamcha, Tenen and Master Roshi. They were all on Master Roshi's island, sitting inside watching TV, taking a break from training.
“You know that kid said that they came from the future right? Ever since I saw them I've been trying to figure out who the parents are. I still can't figure out the one with the purple hair, but I think I got the chick down…”
“Really? Who do you think her parents are?” Yamcha asked over his drink.
“Well… she's strong and powerful… extremely nasty temper…”
“Just spit it out.” Oolong spat, tossing a chip at him.
“Well, her father has to be Vegeta. I mean, think about it. You saw them fight. And she looks like someone that he knew, maybe it was some girl he had a fling with or something.”
“It makes sense.” Yamcha said, taking a sip of his drink. “I feel made for the mother, having to put up with two Vegeta's like that…”

A/N: (wipes sweat from forehead) I ended up having to redo this one twice, because when I rewrote this the first time, the file didn't save and my computer suddenly shut down (sigh). But here it is. I worked hard trying to improve bits of the story. If I have made a mistake anywhere, please let me know so I can fix it.
 
Veta is short tempered and snappy because of Chichi. I mean… think about it… Chichi has more Sayian like qualities then Goku does.