Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ DBZ The New Story ❯ Surviving Vegeta ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Vegeta Saga Chapter 4
 
As they get closer and closer Tai begins to notice that Kai keep slowing down and dropping closer to the ground. They continue to fly even though Kai obviously is having trouble.
“Hey Gohan are we slowing down?” Krillin can't figure out what is going on.
Gohan looks past Krillin to Kai, “Ya, I think we are, I bet it's because of his injuries.
Suddenly Kai complete looses control and plummets to the ground slamming hard into the ground. Tai lands next to him and then motions for Krillin and Gohan to keep going.
“Hey Kai, you don't have to act like such a bad-ass you know, I can read your energy, you don't have much left to give.” Tai touches Kai's shoulder and as a response he gets his hand shrugged off.
“I might not be a super elite, but I won't meet my end because I am too tired to continue, Vegeta's not the only one with a sense of pride.” Kai struggles to, but eventually he stands. A white orb suddenly appears in the sky and a loud roar shakes the ground. “Tai, you better get going, we can't afford to lose Goku or Vegeta, they are both going to be needed.” Tai nods and reluctantly takes off. “Great, now about getting there myself.”
Tai regrets leaving Kai but he knows that what he said was the truth Vegeta has been their leader ever since they were born, and thanks to him Freeza didn't kill them. Goku on the other hand seems to have the uncanny ability to rise to the occasion; Nappa never had a chance, while Kai and he didn't even do anything to him.
As Tai arrives he finds that Vegeta has been somehow turned back into a normal Sayain. He quickly searches the area, Goku is horribly injured, the bald monk seems to be hiding somewhere with another fat guy with long black hair. He searches for Gohan and finds him slowly standing his body covered in injuries.
Tai lands on the ground and surprises Vegeta with a kick to the back of his knee making a possibly fatal blast sail high over Gohan's head. Tai flips over Vegeta's back and drop kicks him in the chest to create some distance between him and Gohan.
“Why do you even bother getting back up Taizen? You know you can't defeat me.”
Vegeta charges forward and punches Tai in the face but misses his next attack and Tai brings in elbow into Vegeta chest. The attack has little effect as Vegeta kicks Tai right under his jaw lift him into the air. Vegeta flies over him and connects with an axe handle smash launching Tai down to the ground at suicidal speed. Vegeta appears back on the ground and readies to connect with one more attack.
Just before Vegeta's fist connects with Tai, Kai appears from the rocks and rams into Vegeta knocking him to the ground.
“hmph, I am getting very tired of you two. I should have just let Freeza kill you two.”
Kai notices Goku give Krillin a powerful energy of some sort so he decides that talking might be his best bet at stalling, “I don't think you even believe that, I don't think you'd let Freeza kill two Sayains, not as babies anyway.”
“It was a foolish mistake, I wasn't ready to make the choice to let a fellow Sayain live or die yet, but if you can tell by Nappa's new situation, I am fully prepared to make that decision now.”
“I still don't believe you,” Kai mentally reprimands himself for just insulting Vegeta enough to probably make him attack.
Vegeta charges at Kai but quickly turns around and finds a glowing ball of energy speeding towards him. Vegeta quickly dodges the energy as does Kai. The ball continues to speed toward Gohan who once again is frozen in fear.
“Gohan you have to send it back!” Goku's words seem to give his son confidence and with all his strength he bounce the energy off of his hands and it connects with Vegeta lifting him high into the air and then crashing down to the ground.
Vegeta pulls out a device that calls his space pod to him, “Next time I will get you.”
Krillin runs over to Vegeta with a sword in his hand, “Its time to finish this!” just before Krillin stabs Vegeta, Goku calls out to him.
“Stop!!!”
“Goku are you crazy he just tried to kill us all?”
“I know it is hard to understand but I would like to fight him again someday.”
Krillin drops the blade as Vegeta crawls into his space pod, “You will regret this decision.”
Tai and Kai share a nod a deep sigh as they had succeeded in keeping Goku and Vegeta alive.