Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ DBZ: Unlikely Romance ❯ Secrets ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bulma was working in her lab late one night. Though it was around 2 AM, she was full of energy. She danced around her gadgets and tables, singing to herself. Her moment with Vegeta only two nights before had left her feeling like she was reborn. Her Prince had finally come for her.

Accross the hall, Vegeta sat in the GT. He had been training exceptionally hard that day, and had finally ended the 390 times gravity simulation. Sweat seemed to gush out of his pores as he sat, winded. His newfound energy was all owed to Bulma. The time he had spent with her somehow rejuvinated him, adding to his already speedy Saiyan healing ability. It also gave him a reason other than Kakkarot to train his hardest.

He shut down the GT for the night and made his way into the hall. Before he was going to go upstairs, though, he resolved to discuss something with Bulma. He knocked on the door to her lab, and opened it slightly...

"Um... Bulma?"

Bulma spun around happily to see her Saiyan Prince standing in the doorway.
"Vegeta! Are you finally done training? You've been in there all day..."

"I could say the same for you. You've been in here since breakfast."

"Oh, I know. I've been busy all day. I couldn't seem to figure out the upgrades for the Dragon Radar, and didn't get it right till about an hour ago. But I didn't even get mad. And it's all thanks to you." She smiled and threw her arms around him, hugging him tightly.

"Bulma, I wanted to talk to you about something..."

"Well, silly, go ahead! You've got my attention..."

"Bulma... It's about... it's about us..."

Suddenly, Bulma's smile turned into a look of despair.

"Oh, no, it's nothing like you would think. I still want to continue spending time with you and all, but something is bothering me..."

Bulma sighed in releif. "What's on your mind, Vegeta?"

"Well, you know how I am around everyone but you. To them, all I seem to have is my pride. They don't know about the way I am around you. And, if you don't mind, I would like to keep it that way. If Kakkarot found out that I had a soft spot, he'd look at me like I was no longer a challenge..."

"Goku would not look at you that way, Vegeta. Get a grip! Goku is an understanding person. If anything, he'd be happy for us!"

"Well, if it's all the same to you, I would like to keep our... relationship... under wraps for a while, while I get myself ready for this android battle. This is all I ask of you, Bulma. Please, grant me this one request..." He lowered his head, expecting a harsh response from her. He had pictured it in his mind all day. How she would think he didn't want to be seen with her, that something was wrong with her, when to him, there wasn't anything more he'd rather do than be with her.

"Oh... OK, Vegeta. I suppose we can keep it from Goku and the others for a little while. If it makes you happy..."

Vegeta cut her short by taking her in his arms and giving her a small kiss. "Being with you makes me happy, Bulma-Chan." He looked into her sky blue eyes and smiled.

Neither of them were aware that Goku already knew that they would be together. After all, that mysterious boy from the future was none other than their son, Trunks. He had told Goku that they were his parents, much to the chagrin of the Super Saiyan warrior. But since he was out in the wilderness, training with Gohan and Piccolo, there was no need for him to think about it.

The hole in the wall between Vegeta's and Bulma's rooms was replaced with a door at the request of Bulma. She figured that she could keep an eye on him easier if he overworked himself again. This turned out to be their primary means of meeting most nights. After her mother and father had gone to bed, she would open the door to Vegeta's room and invite him over to her room to chat out on the balcony.

Tonight, they stood on the balcony as usual. Bulma leaned over the railing, looking up at the starlit sky. Vegeta stood with his arms crossed against the sliding glass door that led out from her room, also looking up. They hadn't talked much at all.

"Vegeta?" Bulma was still looking up at the stars, almost as if she were daydreaming at night.

"Yes, Bulma-Chan?"

"When this whole thing is over, the androids and everything, where will you go?"

"I..." Vegeta was caught off guard at the question. He hadn't even given a thought to where he'd go once he'd beaten Kakkarot and finished his other business here on Earth. "I really don't know. My home planet is gone, and I'm sure I wouldn't be welcome on very many after what I did working for Freiza."

"Yeah. But, Vegeta, after this is all over, would you ever consider taking me out there with you? I want to see what you've seen, what's out there among the stars. I didn't have much of a chance to stop and look while we were going to Namek..."

Vegeta walked up behinder and put his arms around her waist. "Bulma-Chan, when this is all over, I promise that I will take you into outer space, just you and I, and we will do all the exploring you want to."

"Really? You seriously will?"

"Why wouldn't I? Since I've been here, I've had the chance to actually sit back and look at where I was. There must be hundreds of planets more asthetically pleasing than Earth, though they all could not compare to what I've found here. I could teach you about the universe, and perhaps you could teach me a few things about... about being with someone you... you..."

He couldn't say it. But again, he didn't have to. Bulma turned around in his arms and placed her hands on his shoulders. She looked up at him with quiet awe. Her smile, the glow and glint in her eyes from the starlight above, and the way the moonlight played on her face. He was completely stunned by her beauty yet again.

Bulma wanted things to be like this forever. She knew that in two years, the androids were coming, and Vegeta would have to go and put his life on the line against them. But two years seemed like an eternity to her. And in that time, she hoped to have her Saiyan Prince by her side as much as she possibly could. He had changed so much in the past few weeks, a side that only she could bring out in him. As she thought, she felt herself lift off the ground.

"Vegeta, where are we going?"

He didn't speak a word to her. He only flew upward, higher and higher, never once his gaze strayed from her eyes. She tightend her grip on him a bit, fearful of being up so high without a vehicle's assistance. But, in his arms, she felt safe from any harm. Her nerves were calmed by his strong, yet loving arms wrapped around her waist.

They continued to float upward into the night sky. When they stopped, they were nearly 200 feet off of the ground. But Bulma didn't seem to mind. She was at ease, and Vegeta sensed it. He looked into her eyes and smiled at her. She was so very beautiful this night. He felt happier than he had ever felt in his long and hard lifetime.

"Bulma-Chan..."

"Vegeta..."

They embraced in a passionate kiss, and began to float downward again, slowly spinning as they went. Two people, in love without ever expressing it in words. They didn't have to. They knew each loved the other very much, there was no denying that. The moment seemed to be frozen in time yet again as they floated back towards the balcony below, spiraling ever so slowly, locked in love's gentle embrace. This was a moment that neither of them would soon forget, if ever..

They landed softly on the balcony and broke the kiss. They stared into each other's eyes for some time, silent. Speaking would have ruined their moment. They turned and walked through the door to Bulma's room. As they crossed into the house, Vegeta picked Bulma up into his arms, carried her over to the bed, and laid her down on it.

"Bulma-Chan, it's late. We should be getting some sleep."

"Vegeta..."

He kissed her lightly on her forehead and made his way to the door to his room. He opened it and began to walk through.

"Vegeta..."

He stopped halfway through and turned back to her. "Yes, Bulma-Chan?"

"Stay with me tonight..."

The request stunned him a bit, but how could he resist the request of his princess. He returned to her bedside and sat down. She reached out and put her hand on his leg, gently rubbing it. He in turn reached out and placed his hand on her cheek, doing the same. They stayed like this for a few moments, and then Vegeta spun himself around and laid next to her. Laying there, they stared at each other for a time.

"Goodnight, my Saiyan Prince..."

"Goodnight, Bulma-Chan..."

With that, they snuggled closely together, enjoying each other's company after many nights alone in their respective beds. There weren't any sparks flying tonight, though. Tonight was for togetherness, for the quiet love that they shared, for being with each other. They drifted off to sleep, each smiling until the peace of slumber overcame them.


"Where... where am I? Why can't I see anything? What is this, some sort of illusion?" Vegeta stood in a large, black void. Though his feet seemed to be on solid ground, he could see nothing but himself. "What's going on here?" He looked around, but still saw nothing. "What kind of trick is this?"

Suddenly, before him, stood his father, King Vegeta. "Father?" The elder Saiyan said nothing. He merely stood there, looking at his son. "Father, what's going on here? And what the hell are you doing here? You died years ago..." He didn't get a chance to finish the thought. The image of his father began to fade out. "Father? Don't go, father! FAAAAATHERRRRRR!" Vegeta reached out, but it was too late. The image was gone. "I don't know what's going on, but I'm getting sick and tired of it." He began to run.

As he ran, the image of Goku appeared before him. "Kakkarot? What the hell kind of sick joke is this? I don't find it very amusing..." Suddenly, the image of the boy from the future appeared before him as well. "You? This is madness! Where am I? One of you two had better tell me before I get really angry..." He powered up his ki and fired at the two Saiyans, but when the blast reached them, they vanished. "Everyone's leaving before I can get a simple answer. What the hell does this all mean?" From behind him, he heard footsteps.

"Who's there?" He turned to look, but saw nothing. The footsteps were coming toward him, that was for sure. "Come on, show yourself!" The footsteps got faster and closer. "WHO'S THERE? SHOW YOURSELF ALREADY!" Closer, closer the footsteps came...

"Vegeta?"

"That voice... It's..." He looked in the direction of the voice, but still saw nothing. "But, it can't be..."

"Vegeta, where are you?"

It was. It was Bulma's voice. "Bulma?" He called out to her. "Bulma, where are you?"

"Vegeta? I can hear you, but I can't see you. Where are you, Vegeta?"

"I'm here, Bulma! Follow my voice!"

"Vegeta, I'm scared..."

"Don't be scared. Just listen to my voice, Bulma. I'm right here..." From the darkness, Vegeta saw the feint outline of a human emerge. As it got closer, he saw that it was indeed Bulma. She was running towards him, almost in tears.

"Vegeta! VEGETA!" She ran to him and threw her arms around him. "Vegeta, is it really you?"

"Yes, Bulma, it's me. But where did you come from?"

When she was sure that it was him, she buried her face in his chest and began to cry. "Oh, Vegeta, I was so frightened. I was in this, this black sort of... nothing. I was all alone, and then Yamcha just appeared out of nowhere. I tried to talk to him, but he just vanished. So I started running. That's when I heard you yelling. I tried to find you, but I just couldn't. I was so scared, Vegeta..."

"It's alright, Bulma-Chan. I'm here now." He placed his arms around her and held her close. "I won't leave you." He lowered his head to hers and closed his eyes. When he opened them, they were standing on the shore of the ocean. He looked up, and saw a moonless, starlit sky above them. "Bulma, it's OK. You can open your eyes..."

When she did, she breathed a sigh of releif. She heard the break of the waves
crashing softly onto the beach they were standing on. She looked up, and saw the same beautiful sky her companion had seen. "How... How did we get here?"

"I don't really know."

"Vegeta, what do you think this all means?"

The Saiyan Prince closed his eyes again and thought. "It all seems like a dream, really. It was as though we were seeing people who were leaving us, only to find each other. But when we did, things became right. I wonder if this is a sign..."

"It has to be, Vegeta. When you said you wouldn't leave me, somehow we were brought here..."

"I think you might be right. Are we dreaming?"

"Well..." She looked up at the mighty Saiyan warrior and smiled. "If we are, then I never want to wake up. I want to stay here with you forever."

"As do I, my dear Bulma-Chan." He looked into her sky blue eyes. It was just like their first night together. The stars were dancing in them. He let the feelings he had feared flow from within him. He no longer had to fear them. He knew the cause, and it was her "Well, if this truely is a dream, then there is something I must do before we wake up..." He took her chin with his hand and lifted her lips to his. With a gentleness unbecoming of the Saiyan race, he kissed her, and felt his heart race like it never had before.

Bulma herself felt the swelling of emotions within her. Could it be that her Saiyan Prince would stay with her? Would he be the one person in her life to show her the love and desire she always wished for? She wasn't sure, and she didn't care. This moment, with Vegeta, was the closest thing to perfect she could ever hope for. He wasn't dressed like royalty, and he hadn't ridden up to her on a horse, but she was sure her Prince had finally come for her...

They both awoke as the sun rose, sending rays of light dancing through the glass door and into the room. Bulma opened her eyes to see Vegeta, smiling at her. "Vegeta, you didn't leave me..." She thought she was still within the dream she was having.

"No, Bulma-Chan. I said I would not leave you."

"Then, you had the same dream I did?"

"I think so, Bulma-Chan. But if I have to share a dream with someone, I wouldn't want it to be with anyone else but you."



The woods outside of town made a great spot for people to go to when they wanted to be alone and think about things. At least once a day, you could always find someone walking around, looking off into space, deep in their thoughts about one matter or the other. This particular day found Bulma walking amidst the trees and wildlife.

It had been nearly a month since she and Vegeta first sat together atop her father's house, looking at the stars and opening up to each other like they had. She wanted to think of something special for him, something that would remind him of that first night out there. Their first night together.

'I wonder what would be good to give him? It has to be something special, that's for sure. But what? It'd have to be something he could keep to himself, too, since he doesn't want anyone knowing he has a soft side yet.' She looked up through the trees at the blue sky above. Around her, birds were chirping merrily, and squirrels lept from branch to branch. Things were so peaceful out here. She wished Vegeta were here to share it with her...



Vegeta was where he usually was, in the GT back at Capsule Corp. The gravity simulator was set at 415 times Earth's gravity, and he was again pushing his body to its limits in persuit of his ultimate goal: to become a Super Saiyan. The drones fired off shots at him from every angle, but he always managed to dodge and deflect at the right time. For hours, he kept up a frantic pace, determined to get as strong as possible. Leaping and dodging, blasting and bounding. As he trained, his mind was on his Bulma. He had a new reason to make himself more powerful: he had someone who needed him. Someone who wanted him to be with them. He had his Bulma-Chan.

He decided he should take a break, so he shut down the simulator and left the room, making his way up to the shower. After working out all day, a shower would do him good. He removed his sweat soaked tights and stepped under the lukewarm water. As he showered, he thought again about his little lady. It had been nearly a month since they had first spent time with her, and he wanted to give her something special for their anniversary. But what?

Vegeta stepped out of the shower and toweled off. His thoughts turned to figuring out what he should get Bulma, but he couldn't think of anything off hand. 'I need to get her something special, something she'd hold very dear to her. But what should I get her?' He knew he wanted to keep his relationship with her secret from Kakkarot, but he also knew that he wouldn't be able to figure out what to get her without some help...



Bulma came home from her walk in the woods to find her mother hard at work in the kitchen, cooking dinner for the family and their guest. "Hey mom, what's up?"

"Oh, nothing dear. You're father's been out of town all day doing lordy knows what, and Vegeta's been training hard, as usual, so I thought I'd make myself busy by cooking dinner. Here, try this, tell me what you think..." She held a spoonfull of the concoction she had whipped up to her daughter's mouth, prompting her to take a taste.

"Um, thanks mom, but I think I'll wait till it's ready. I'm sure it's fine, though. Actually, mom, I wanted to ask for your advice on something."

"What's that dear?"

"Well, first of all, you have to promise me you won't tell anyone, especially Goku."

"I don't think that'd be a problem, honey. Now, what's on your mind?"

"Well, you see, there's someone I've been seeing lately, and our aniversary is coming up. I wanted your opinion on what I should get him."

"Oh, my goodness! You have a boyfirend and you haven't even told me? Is it that Yamcha boy again?"

"Oh, HELL no, mom. Yamcha's history. He made his last mistake with me, that's for sure."

"Well, then who is it, honey?"

"Well, I'm not sure how to explain this to you, but..."

"Oh, come on, tell me dear. There's no need to explain anything."

"OK, mom. It's... It's Vegeta."

"Oh dear..." This caught Bulma's mother off guard. She really didn't know what to think. Vegeta? The same Vegeta who only a few years before had come to destroy them all, and was now living in their home, training to defeat the androids? That Vegeta?

"I knew you'ld flip out, mom, but trust me, everything's alright with us."

"Oh dear..."

"Mom?" Bulma waved her hand in front of her mother's face, but she continued to stare off into space, shocked that her daughter was seeing a vicious killer. "Hello, mom?"

"Well, Bulma, if you say it's OK, I suppose it's OK. My goodness, Vegeta..."

"OK, mom, now, what do you think I should get him? I want to get him something special, to remind him of me, but it has to be something that isn't easily seen. You see, Vegeta has this thing about Goku finding out about us. If you ask me, it's his silly Saiyan pride, but if it makes him happy, I'm willing to go along with it."

"Well, I can understand why, Bulma. All he wants is to get stronger than Goku. His pride comes from being one of the only Saiyans left, besides Gohan and his father. And after hearing about what happened to his home planet and his family, his pride is all he has left."

"Yeah, that's it, mom. So, what do you think I should get him?"

They sat and discussed the matter for several minutes, throwing ideas back and forth. Shopping for a Saiyan, especially one with the personality of Vegeta, was going to be difficult, that was for sure. Minutes turned into hours, and the two kept going back and forth with trinkets, clothes, and several other bobbles. This continued untill Vegeta came up from the lab area and into the kitchen. He walked straight up to Bulma's mother.

"Where is Dr. Breif?"

"I think he's over in the Space Research lab."

"Thank you." And with that, Vegeta walked out the door.

Bulma turned to look at her mother, who shared the look of slight shock she had.

"Woah. That was different..."

Dr. Breif was working on his latest space vehicle when Vegeta barged in and came up to him. "I need a spaceship, and I need it now."

"Well, this is a bit of a surprise, Vegeta. I don't know what all's ready to go just yet. Give me a..."

"I'll give you nothing. Just get me a ship. I have something very important to do, and I don't have time to be waiting around while you take care of other matters."

"Well, OK, Vegeta. Let me see what's ready to go on the computer."

"Good. And make it snappy."

Dr. Brief went over to his laptop on his desk and started punching keys, looking for a ready ship for Vegeta. As he typed, he tried to make conversation. "So, what are you going to outer space for, Vegeta?"

"It's really none of your business, old man, but if you must know, I need to get something for your daughter."

"Bulma? Why are you going to get something for her?"

"Ugh, do you need to know my life story, too? Well, I'll tell you, but you must promise me that you won't tell anyone, especially Kakkarot."

"Kakka-who? Oh, oh, you mean Goku. Can't get used to his Saiyan name. But if it makes you happy, I won't tell him."

"Good, cause if you did, I'd be forced to cut your career short." The Saiyan Prince gathered up his pride and spoke. "You're daughter and I have developed a relationship. Soon, it will be a month since we started spending time together. She's sentimental about anniversaries, and I wanted to get her something unique. So I need a ship to go into outer space and get it for her."

"Well, you and Bulma are getting close, eh? Well, that's just fine. Just make sure you don't upset her, Vegeta. Lord knows she's been hurt enough by that Yamcha boy..."

"Don't worry, doctor. I have no intention of upsetting Bulma."

"That's good to hear, Vegeta. Now then, I think I have a ship ready to go that should serve your purpose. It's over in hanger 4. She's all yours, Vegeta..." As he turned to look at the Saiyan, he felt a slight breeze. Vegeta was gone, as fast as he had come. The next thing Dr. Breif knew, there was the sound of engines powering up in a nearby hangar, and the booming rush of a liftoff. "My, that boy does work quickly..." He returned to his work, thinking of what Vegeta might find out in the vast reaches of space.



The ship's alarm started to wail, alerting Vegeta that he had reached the coordinates he had programed in on takeoff. "Well, this is it. Kind of strange, really. The last time I was here, I was just a boy..." Vegeta looked out the window of his ship, and saw a vast field of rock, floating in an awkward rotation. The debris field was all that was left of his home planet, Vegeta.

A flood of memories poured into his mind. It seemed like it was only yesterday that he was last here. He thought of his father, of Nappa, and how Freiza took it all away from him. But that was his past, it was all behind him now. He sighed, and set about what he came to do. He manned the controls for the robotic arm, and maneuvered it into a cloud of smaller rocks. He chose one carefully, and moved it to the research airlock, where it was decontaminated pressurized with the atmosphere in the ship.

He opened the airlock from within when the pressuization was completed, and took the rock from it. He held it in his hand. "Strange. Such a tiny piece of my history. It's odd, thinking of what this little chunk of rock meant to me all those years ago. Oh well, it's time to get to work." He set the controls for his return to Earth. Since it would take him the same two hours it took for him to get here, he sat down and looked at the piece of his former home. "Now, what to shape it into. Think, Vegeta, think..."

He mulled it over for a few minutes, and decided he would form it into two intertwined hearts. This would be a fitting gift for her, he knew that for sure...

Bulma lay in her bed, thinking about Vegeta. She wondered where he had gone earlier, he hadn't come back to the house since he left to find her father. At first, she feared that Vegeta had run out on her like Yamcha had, and left her all alone again. But she had quickly given up on that thought. After all, Vegeta had given his word that he would in fact not leave her. But still, she wondered where he had gone.

In her hand, she clutched a small gold neckchain with a miniature Dragonball charm on it, her gift for her Saiyan Prince. She held it up and looked at it. It had one tiny star etched into it, her way of saying that he was the one she wished for. Deep down, she hoped that this would be enough to keep his desire for secrecy intact, while still having something to remind him of her. After some time, she heard someone coming up the stairs, and then heard the door to Vegeta's room open. He was home.

She ran up to her jewelry box and placed the necklace inside, hidden untill the day she would give it to him. After finishing with that, she went over to the door leading to his room, and knocked.

Vegeta quickly hid the necklace with the double heart-shaped piece of his past home in his drawer when he heard Bulma knocking. Satisfied that it would remain out of sight untill he wanted to give it to her, he turned to the door. "Come in, Bulma-Chan."

The door slowly opened, and Bulma stepped into his room. "Hey, Vegeta. Where did you take off to earlier?"

"I... I went out to get some air and think about a few things. I'm sorry I missed dinner, but I had alot on my mind, and didn't want to worry you with it all."

"Oh, that's OK." She walked up to him and gave him a hug and a small kiss on the cheek. "So, how did training go today? I see you didn't overload the GT. In fact, you haven't for a few weeks now. I'm almost starting to think that you're slacking off."

"That's one thing I will never do. The goal of becoming a Super Saiyan is worth too much to me to simply slack off. I assure you, I'm giving it everything I have."

"Well, it's good to hear that you won't give up. Someday, you'll be a Super Saiyan, I'm willing to bet on that for sure."

They sat down on his bed and held each other's hands. Bulma looked at him and smiled. How silly she had been to think that he had left her earlier. As he said, here he was. She quickly pushed any thought of his leaving her out of her mind. Here he was, one of the most ruthless people in the entire universe, and somehow she had managed to tame his wild heart. She was falling in love with him, and quickly.

Vegeta returned her gaze with one of his own. Something had changed inside of him. When he was with her, he no longer felt the need to have absolute power, or even immortality. He was content to be in her presence, to be in her company. This simple Earth girl had somehow filled the void he had inside of him all his life. He didn't know before, but now he was sure. He was falling in love with her, a feeling he had never experienced before.



The day had finally come. It was Vegeta and Bulma's one month aniversary. Today, Vegeta would take his Bulma-Chan somewhere special and give her the trinket he had made for her while he was in outer space. He held it in his hand, looking at it, wondering what she would think of it. "I hope it's enough for her. I hope she sees it as more than just a fancy shaped piece of some deceased world." He sighed, and got up from his bed. "Well, it's time to go."

He walked downstairs to where Bulma was, in the kitchen. "Good morning, Vegeta!" Her mother was in a particularly good mood this morning, for she knew what was going on.

"Humph. Yes, I suppose it is a good morning." Vegeta, though his heart was melted by Bulma, still kept some of his pompus tone around other people. It was his way of letting people know that he was who he was, and everyone had gotten used to it.

"Well, I think I'll go see what my husband is doing. You two enjoy your breakfast! Ta ta!" She skipped out of the room, leaving Vegeta and Bulma there alone.

"Bulma-Chan..."

"Yes, Vegeta?"

"There's somewhere I want to take you later tonight, for our anniversary."

"Sounds like fun! Where are we going to go?"

"Well, I want it to be something of a surprise. Please meet me on your balcony just after dark."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."



As darkness fell, Bulma went out onto her balcony. The sun was setting in the western sky, and shades of red and violet danced accross the landscape below her. It was turely a beutiful night, and to be sharing a day like this with Vegeta! For years she wished her prince would come for her, and now he was here. He certainly wasn't exactly what she had in mind, but his heart was true enough to her.

In her hand she held the chain with the Dragonball charm, her gift for her beloved Saiyan Prince. She rolled the ball in her hand with her thumb, hoping that she had made the right decision for a gift. Vegeta might blow his top if it was too much, but she had to chance it. She was hoping he'd see that she wanted it to be special. Suddenly, there was a knock on her door. It had to be Vegeta. She turned and called out.

"Come In..."

But the door didn't open. There wasn't a sound coming from it. "That's odd. Who'd just knock and run off like that?" Bulma took a chill as a strong breeze blew up behind her. She adjusted her overcoat, and turned to look out at the stars again. And there he was.

Vegeta, a soft glow of blue ki surrounding him, was floating level with the balcony. He startled her, and she jumped back just a little, surprised by Vegeta's spontanaity. "Good evening, Bulma-Chan."

"You know, Vegeta, you have a habit of startling me. We've deffinatly gotta work on that."

"Work on it? You mean I can't have a little fun with you every now and again?" Vegeta had a cocky but genuine smile on his face. "Bulma-Chan, are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, but where are we going? You still haven't told me..."

Vegeta simply held out his hand. She looked at him a little funny, but soon reached out and took his hand. He lifted her into his arms and pulled her close. "Are you ready, Bulma-Chan?"

"As ready as I could ever be." Vegeta took off, but he wasn't going that fast at all. They were rising at a very slow pace, and curving up over the dome of the house. "Vegeta, where are you taking me?" As she was asking, Vegeta was already descending onto the roof of the house. Bulma looked around, and suddenly she remembered. This was the spot where they had spent their first night really getting to know each other. The first night he had opened his heart to anyone his entire life. The first time they had their first moment together.

They touched down lightly, and Vegeta let her go. "This was the place where I first felt like I wasn't alone." Vegeta turned and sat down, looking up at the stars just coming out above the horizon, his back to Bulma. "This was the first place I discovered that you had this power over me, to awaken feelings I had thought were long dead within me."

She walked up to him and sat down by his side. She laid her head on his shoulders and brought her hand to his lap, still clutching the pendant tucked away from his view. "I know you don't want anyone finding out about us and the way you feel, but I still wanted to get you something special. I think it's a decent compromise, really, cause it's small and can be tucked under your shirt..."

"Bulma-Chan, whatever it is, I'm sure it is fine..." She nervously opened her hand, revealing the chain curled around the shiny gold Dragonball replica.

"Look. You've always had your wish, to become a Super Saiyan and be immortal and all that. That's sorta why I chose a little Dragonball. I guess it reminded me of my wish. You know, Vegeta, ever since I was a little girl, I wished that a Prince would come for me, that we'd fall in love and live happily ever after. I waited and waited for him. And now, he's here. Vegeta, It reminds me of how you've made my wish come true. That wish I've kept secret all my life. You're the only other one who knows."

Vegeta took the tiny charm from her hand and held it up to look at it. He couldn't help but notice how wonderful it was. The little star in the middle. "It's wonderful, Bulma-Chan." She grabbed the chain and placed it around his neck, locking it behind him, and let it hang down. "Thank you, Bulma." He smiled and gave her a small kiss on the cheek.

"I'm glad you like it. I was all nervous that you'ld say it violates the whole agreement thing, and..."

Vegeta held his finger up to her lips, and she calmed down with a sigh. "I have something for you as well, dear Bulma-Chan. I wanted to give you something that noone on Earth could give you. So I took one of your father's fastest spaceships and flew out into space." He reached out his hand, a fist clenched around the double heart pendant, hiding it. "The coordinates I arrived at were those of my former home planet, Vegeta. Out of the rubble that remained, I found a suitable stone for this..." He opened his hand, and reached up to place the leather cord around her neck. She picked it up and looked with awe.

"This is a piece of my history, a piece of who I am. I shaped it like that to show what you have done for me, Bulma. You have touched my heart. We're millions of miles apart, yet so close together. So different, yet exactly the same. Thank you for showing me this part of life."

She stared at the pendant for some time, and turned her gaze to Vegeta. She was holding a piece of the home planet Freiza had laid to waste, the last remanents of his true home. And he had given this to her. "Vegeta... I don't really know what to say... This is... This has to be so important to you..."

"Yes, Bulma-Chan, it's very important to me. But so are you. That's why I went through the trouble. I think of it as my way of moving on. And having you there to help me make that transition is more than I could have wished for." He reached out to her, took her cheek in his hand and kissed her gently.

"So, that's where you went that day, isn't it. And to think, I actually thought you had left me. I was silly to think that at all."

"Yes, Bulma, you kind of were. But, I said it in our dreams, and I'll say it while we're awake. I will never leave you, Bulma-Chan. Never."

Under the moonlight, Bulma took her Saiyan Prince and held him close to her. He wish had come true. And his had, too, thanks to her. She felt like, for once in her life, the whole world was right. This moment was perfect for the both of them, nothing could ruin it.

Far away, in a city south of the Kami House, in an underground laboratory, evil was on its way to being born. There, a strange old man was working like a mad man, boosting energy into his monsterous metal creations. From inside their holding cells, he could see their eyes flicker with life, only to die out. This time, it failed. But he would try again. He must get them perfected if he was to destroy those Saiyans and their allies..