Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ DBZ: Unlikely Romance ❯ Club Zero ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Vegeta awoke to find himself and his companion, Bulma, shrouded in a thick fog. He rubbed his eyes and looked around. He could barely see more than five feet in front of him, the fog was like pea soup. That, or one of those stews that Kakkarot's wife was fond of making for him. He stood up, careful not to disturb Bulma's slumber, and walked down to the shore line. He looked out over the ocean, but could only make out the feint disc that was the sun. Something was amiss, and he could sense it.

He walked back to the small encampment he had made the night before, and began to build a fire ring with stones he found nearby. He then made his way into the woods to gather up some fire wood. When he returned, he got down to the business of building a campfire. It was chilly, and he didn't want Bulma being cold when she woke up.

'I don't like the look of things' he thought to himself. 'This fog must be some sort of omen. I don't know why I feel that way, but I can't help it. I have a horrible feeling that something is going to happen. Something bad, and unfortunately, soon.' He poked at the small fire he had gotten lit after powering up his ki and holding a small bit of energy up to the brush he had collected. It was burning a bit better now, and he added some larger branches and logs to it as it grew.

"Vegeta?"

He turned around to see Bulma sitting up, rubbing her eyes and yawning as she rejoined the waking world. "Good morning, sleepy head. Nice of you to join the rest of the world, even though you cannot see much of it at the moment."

She crawled out of the bedroll and walked over to the fire ring, sitting herself down next to Vegeta and wrapping her arms around his own left arm, laying her head on his shoulder. "Where did this fog come from? The weather report before we left said that it'd be beautiful all week. This is really weird."

Vegeta said nothing. He just looked down into the flames of the fire he had built.Somehow, he knew that something wasn't right. He didn't want to alarm Bulma, though. She knew how he could be with his premonitions, unless he was being his usual self when in battle. But at other times, he was right on for the most part.

No matter how he tried to hide it, though, he couldn't escape her watchful eye. She saw the concern in his eyes. "Vegeta, is something wrong?"

"No, it's nothing."

"Come on, Vegeta. You can't fool me, you know. Now something's bothering you, and I want to know what it is."

"No, really, Bulma, I'm fine. It's just..."

"Just what?"

"It's this fog. I don't need a weather report or any fancy radar gadgets to tell me that something's wrong."

"But what could be wrong, Vegeta? It's just a little fog."

"I know, Bulma-Chan. But it just doesn't feel right. I'm afraid that something is going to happen, something very bad..."

Watching on a monitor on the other side of the island, four strange creatures peered in on the Saiyan and his human companion. "That's right, Vegeta." The largest of them spoke. "Something is going to happen. And it sure as hell won't be good, especially for you and your little friend." With that, all four began to laugh. The had much in store for the Prince of Saiyans, and soon, their plans would be set into motion...

The fog that had rolled in overnight began to lift just as Krillin was waking up. He crawled out from inside his hut and streched, yawning loudly. "Gee, it sure is foggy out here. Oh well. So long as it doesn't last." He made his way to the cooking capsule to make himself a snack. "Now how the heck do you operate this thing? Man, Bulma's dad sure does come up with some complex gadgets..."

He was cut short when he heard a voice calling out from somewhere in the distance. He couldn't see where it was coming from thanks to the fog, but he could have sworn that the voice was calling out his name.

"Krillin! Hey!"

He looked up and saw Vegeta flying towards him as he, carrying Bulma and some camping gear, emerged from the mists. "Hey you guys!" They touched down, and Bulma ran over to Krillin while Vegeta went to pack away the gear he had been carrying. "I'm glad you're here, Bulma. I have no clue how to work this cooking capsule."

"Oh, it's easy, Krillin. you just have to be smarter than the capsule." she giggled to herself, and Krillin just scoweled. "Oh, come on, I was only kidding, you know. Now get over here and I'll show you how to work it."

After Krillin and Bulma had finished cooking, the rest of the vacationing family and friends awoke. The fog was now gone, and the rising sun shown down on the camp, bathing it in warm yellow light. Mizuki walked over to Krillin and began to massage his head again, she knew how much he loved it. Dr. Brief grabbed himself a plate of the bacon and eggs that had been cooked and sat down to eat.

"So, Bulma. Where did you and Vegeta disappear to last night?" Her mother was always inquisitive when it came to her romances.

"Oh, Vegeta took me to a nice quiet little island, Mom. It was beautiful. We sat and looked up at the stars, and then we went camping in a cove by the shore. It was so romantic. I never would have thought that Vegeta had it in him."

"Well, that's wonderful, dear. It's good to see that you've found someone who treats you like you should be treated. Even though he does have a bit of trouble with other people."

"Yeah, that's for sure, Mom. But Vegeta will always be Vegeta, I guess. Just look at him." She pointed in the direction of the Saiyan warrior, who was gorging himself on the majority of the food that had been cooked. "I don't think I'll ever get used to that appetite of his. At least he has more manners than Goku does when he eats. He's an outright pig, whereas Vegeta at least has some decency."

Mrs. Brief watched in awe as Vegeta pounded down bite after bite, stopping only to wash it all down with some orange juice. She couldn't understand how anyone, human or Saiyan, could eat so much. "My, he does have a healthy appetite."

"I don't think the word healthy does it any justice, mom."

"I think you're right, dear. Well, I'm going to get some food myself here. Why don't you do the same! From what your father tells me, you have a busy day ahead of you!" She grabbed a plate and went off to get some food for herself.

Bulma picked up a plate and looked down at it. She wasn't really all that hungry, and she was lost in her thoughts. Her mother was right, she did have a rather busy day in front of her. More specifically, a busy night. But she was worried, and it showed.

"Hey Bulma. You don't look too happy. What's wrong?" Mizuki came over to get a plate for herself. "You should eat something instead of just staring at the plate."

"I know, Mizuki. But I can't really think about food when I have stuff on my mind like this."

"Well, what's bugging you?"

"It's a couple of things, really. First off, there's tonight. I know we're going to have a good time and all, but I really wanted to get that dress. It would have made Vegeta fall over if he saw me in it. It was so pretty..."

"I know you did, Bulma. It was a pretty dress, and you would have looked great in it. But there's nothing you can really do about it. Someone bought it already. It'll be OK, I'm sure we can find something for you to wear."

"Yeah, I know. But that's not all. When Vegeta and I woke up this morning, there was a thick fog covering everything. And it had him worried. I can't really tell why, but he does have a sense about these things. He thinks that something bad is going to happen soon, and the fog was an omen of some kind. I really hope he doesn't mean about our trip to the club tonight."

"Well, try not to think about it too much. If you let it get to you, you won't have much fun at all. Just put it in the back of your mind. He could be wrong, you know."

"Yeah, you're right." She sighed and went to get herself some food.

Mizuki watched her go to the buffet table that Krillin had set up, though by now it was empty thanks to Vegeta. "I really don't know what she sees in that guy. But hey, it's her thing. He sure is an odd one, though." And with that, she went to the table to get her own food.

Later that day, the girls had gone to a small town nearby to get some much needed food supplies to counteract the effects of Vegeta's seemingly bottomless stomach. Dr. Brief tagged along since he had nothing better to do, and that left Krillin and Vegeta alone for the better part of the afternoon.

"Alright, baldie. Time to show me how this Dancing thing works. And you had better do a good job teaching me, because if I look like a fool..."

"Jeez, Vegeta. No need to get all pissy. I'll do my best. It depends on how much you're willing to learn."

"Well, if what I'm going to learn will keep me from looking stupid, then I'm as willing as I'm going to be. Now let's get started."

Krillin went to his hut and came back a few seconds later with his protable stereo. He set it down on the picnic table and put in a CD. "Now, Vegeta, the key to dancing is being able to keep the beat. The song has a certain rhthm to it. Here, I'll show ya how."

He pushed the play button, and out from the speakers came music that was simply alien to Vegeta. It sounded like a bunch of machines beeping and thumping, much like the sounds the GT back at the compound made. But somehow, he was able to pick out the melody and actually began to like it. But, his Saiyan pride soon kicked in.

"You call this music? This sounds like one of Bulma's machines!"

Krillin stood, snapping his fingers to the beat. "It's called Techno music, Vegeta. You'll hear alot of it tonight, so you better get used to it. Now, you see how I'm snapping my fingers to the beat? That's what the rhythm is. As long as you can follow the rhythm, you can't go wrong on the dance floor. You following OK?"

Vegeta found himself tapping his foot on the ground in time to the music.

"I think you got it, big guy! Now then, the whole point of dancing is to have fun."

"You know how much I don't like the thought of fun, baldie. I'm a Saiyan, and more than that, I'm the Prince of..."

"Yeah, yeah. The Prince of Saiyans, I know. We've all heard it a million times. And before you go snapping about how Saiyans don't have any fun, forget it. You'll just have to get used to the idea of fun, Vegeta, or you'll end up looking like a stiff on the dance floor. Now, all you do is move your body to the music. Keep the rhythm." Krillin started to move his torso, twisting it in time to the music. "See? You try it!"

"I don't know about this, you little twerp. It looks strange."

"Oh, just relax already, Vegeta. You're not gonna get anywhere unless you loosen up a bit."

Vegeta looked at him oddly, but then he began to let the music take over. Slowly, he started to move in time with the beat. And, to both his surprise and delight, he found that he liked the situation, and liked it alot. Soon he was grooving out like a pro.

"Wow, Vegeta! You sure are a fast learner. Now, let's move on to some harder steps."

For the next few hours, Krillin showed his Saiyan student some of his own best moves. They worked on several popular dances, and the young monk even taught Vegeta his own special dance routine. The two were actually bonding for the first time, though Vegeta would never admit to it. But they did agree on using Krillin's dance as a sort of secret weapon. When the time was right, the two would hit the dance floor and wow the crowd with their newfound talents.

They agreed on a song to use as well. The club they were going to, Club Zero, specialized in dance music from America and Europe. So they decided that the song "Move Your Body" by a Eruopean band called Eiffel 65 would be their time to shine. Krillin resolved to talk to the DJ about it, and the battle plan was set.

After their dancing lesson was over, Krillin and Vegeta moved down the beach to do some fishing. They found a large rock, it's surface around 20 feet off the ground, that extended out into the ocean far enough that the depth would be perfect for fishing. They flew up to the top, baited their hooks, and cast their lines out into the saltwater.

"So, Vegeta, are you and Bulma getting together? You two sure do spend alot of time together."

"Well, it's not really any of your business, but if you must know, we do have something of a relationship."

"That's cool, man. I always thought that her and Yamcha would be together for life. But I guess that didn't work out like that."

"That weakling isn't worthy of Bulma's attention. He's constantly cheating on her. It's not right. She deserves better, and now she has it."

"Yeah, I guess so. You're deffinately a better choice when it comes to the cheating factor."

"Yes. But why do you want to know all this? Why do you care so much about what goes on between Bulma and I?" He turned to face his bald companion, looking angry.

"Well, Vegeta, it's mostly because Bulma's my friend. I watched Yamcha hurt her over and over, but I didn't say anything because Yamcha's my friend, too. And I guess I'm a little jealous too. But not how you think I would be."

"Oh?" Vegeta's look of anger turned to a look of puzzlement.

"Well, what you guys have, it's different from what Mizuki and I have. Sure, I like her and everything. But it doesn't seem quite right. What I want is a girl I could settle down with for the rest of my life. Mizuki is more of a free spirit. So I'm envyous of Bulma now. She has someone she can settle down with. That's what I want."

"I see." Vegeta thought it over for a moment. Bulma wanted to stay with him for life? He pondered the thought. Growing old together, having children, being as happy as they were now, only forever. "That would be something else, that's for sure."

"Look, Vegeta. I know how your pride is and all. But I want you to know that you can tell me. I won't say anything to anyone. Especially Goku. But, do you think you're in love with her?"

Vegeta's thoughts turned back to the emotions he's felt over the past few months. He knew he was in love with her. All those months of wondering what it was, and this little bald man could tell faster than he could figure it out. "Yes, Krillin, I am."

Krillin was in shock. He had called him by his name. That was a first for Vegeta. "Wow. You sure are a lucky guy, Vegeta..."

The two returned to their fishing, not speaking much after that. Vegeta was reflecting on his own situation, and Krillin was daydreaming of a life like Bulma and her Saiyan had. He wondered if he would ever find anyone. He didn't know that soon, he would, but it wouldn't begin the way he imagined it would.

It was late in the evening. The sun was goind down, and the air began to cool off just a bit. A gentle breeze was blowing over the Brief Family campground as the kids were getting ready for the night's festivities. They had split off into two groups: The boys, Krillin and Vegeta, went off to get their suits ready to go. The girls, Bulma and Mizuki, went their own way with Bulma's mother to get things together themselves.

"Hey Vegeta. What cologne do you think I should wear? Gravity, or Preferred Stock?"

Vegeta had no clue as to how cologne worked, and looked at Krillin, totally baffled.

"OK, man. Here check this out. I'll spray some into the air, and you smell each one. Then you can tell me which one you think is better."

"Alright. Sounds simple enough."

"Right on. Now, this one's the Preferred Stock." He held up the small bottle of liquid scent and sprayed it into the air. Vegeta leaned into the mist and took a whiff. "Hmmm. Not bad, really."

"OK, now comes the Gravity." He held up the other bottle and sprayed it in a different direction, so as not to mix the two fragrances together. Vegeta again leaned out to smell the concoction. This one he particularly liked. "Well, which do you think I should wear?"

Vegeta thought it over for a second. He really liked the Gravity, and the name sounded pretty good as well, since he associated it with his training. But he didn't want to wear the same stuff that Krillin would wear, so he decided. "Wear the Stock stuff. I myself will wear the Gravity."

"OK, sounds like a plan." The strongest human on Earth proceeded to practically shower himself with the strange liquid, then handed the other bottle to the Saiyan Prince.

"I'll put this on in a few minutes. I have to take care of my surprise for Bulma before she decides she wants to wear something else and bitches at me for not mentioning it sooner." With that, he took out the box which he had hidden in the bottom of his suitcase and made his way out of the hut.

Krillin watched the Saiyan as he left, and sighed. 'Man, he sure does have his stuff together. I hope he gets the reaction he wants. What a guy.' With that thought, he got back to getting his outfit together.

Vegeta made his way over to the hut where the girls were getting ready. Dr. Brief, sitting on the picnic table petting his ever present kitty, spoke to him as he passed.

"What you got there, Vegeta?"

"It's a gift for your daughter, if you must know."

"Oh really? Well, good luck there, son. I'm sure she'll love it."

Had he just called him son? Vegeta couldn't quite comprehend why he had called him that when he clearly was not his father. 'Oh well' Vegeta told himself. He had more pressing matters to attend to at the moment. He got to the entrance to the girls' hut, and knocked.

"Who is it?" He heard Bulma call from inside.

"It's me, Vegeta. I would like to see you for a moment, Bulma."

"OK, I'll be out in a second. But this better be quick, I still have to pick out an outfit for tonight."

"That's part of what I want to see you about."

"What?" Bulma was confused. Why would Vegeta want to see her about what she was going to wear? She looked at her mother with a puzzled gaze. Her mother, equally confused, motioned for her to go ahead and meet him outside. She was in shorts and a tanktop, so she didn't have to worry about going out in anything less.

Krillin had come out to watch. He knew what Vegeta was about to do, and he wanted to see the reaction on Bulma's face. He knew this would be a classic, one to tell the guys back at Master Roshi's when the vacation was over.

Bulma came out of the hut, followed by Mizuki and her mother. Dr. Brief had even come over to see how this was going to go. With everyone there, Vegeta began to speak, the box clutched behind his back so she couldn't see it.

"What do you want, Vegeta? We have alot more to do before we're ready to go."

"Well, I don't want you to pick an outfit out quite yet."

"And why not?"

"Well, when we were out yesterday, I picked something up for you that I thought you might enjoy wearing."

Bulma's eyes grew wide with wonder. Had he? "When did you have time to get me something, Vegeta? We were together all day!"

"Well, Bulma-Chan, not ALL day..." He broght the box into view and handed it to her.

"What's this, Vegeta? What did you get for me?" She opened the box, and her heart skipped a beat. There, underneath the cray paper, was the dress she had marveled at the day before. "Vegeta... But how... This is... But... HOW?" She had no clue how Vegeta had gotten his hands on it, since it had been sold to someone else while she was in the dress shop admiring it. And then she realized it. It was Vegeta who had bought it for her. He must have had the clerk in on it, and then taken it to the car while she was still in the store with Mizuki.

"I saw how much you loved that dress, Bulma-Chan. So I had the clerk purchase it for me, then flew it back to the car. This is the second part of my surprise. I hope you like it."

"Kami, Vegeta. Are you kidding? I love it! THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH!" She threw herself at him and gave him a huge hug, and kissed him deeply. Neither of them cared who was watching, the world was theirs alone.

Krillin smiled and sighed. It was exactly what he wanted to see. 'Man, that's just sweet. I guess Vegeta isn't the bad guy we all thought he was. Good job, Vegeta. The night is yours.' He chuckled a bit, and went back to getting himself ready.

Mrs. Brief walked over to her husband, hugged him, and smiled. "It looks like our little girl has found her prince after all."

"Looks like you're right, dear. I guess Vegeta's heart isn't as cold as we thought." The good doctor smiled himself, and gave his kitty a little pat on the head. "Well, kitty. Looks like there's some magic in the air, after all." The little black feline purred it's approval.

About an hour later, darkness had fallen on the camp, and the kids were almost ready to leave for Club Zero. Vegeta and Krillin were waiting by the car, and Mizuki and Bulma were putting the finishing touches on their outfits and makeup. Bulma did it all with a huge smile on her face. Vegeta had really outdone himself this time.

Back at the car, Krillin and Vegeta stood waiting, chatting a bit. "You know, Vegeta, for a while I only thought that being Royalty made you an arrogant, cocky sone of a bitch. But tonight showed me one thing. You must be royalty, cause that was totally class. You got some serious style, there."

"Well, I can't be cold hearted all the time. And Bulma is a very special person to me. She has shown me the one thing that was missing from my life. And I was simply helping her dream come true, since she has been helping me reach mine."

"Well, Vegeta, if you ask me, you're already a Super Saiyan. You may not have the crazy powers or gold hair, but you sure are a Super Hero, at least to Bulma."

Vegeta smirked and let out a simple grunt that sounded like half a laugh. This had since been regarded by everyone as his way of saying thank you, and Krillin got the message loud and clear. He smiled up at his counterpart, now thinking of Vegeta in a very different light.

"Alright boys! The girls are ready!" Mrs. Breif came out of the hut and called to the young men standing beside the car. Both their heads perked up in attention as she came over to them. "I hope you boys are ready. The look simply adorable."

The first to come out was Mizuki. Krillin blushed a new shade of red when he saw her. She was wearing a tight black silk dress, obviously Chinese in design, with a gold dragon on the front that reminded him of Shenlong. The dress was knee length, and had a slit in the left side that ran nearly all the way up to her hip. Krillin was flabbergasted. He couldn't speak, and could hardly breathe.

As he waited in anticipation, Vegeta stood shaking. He couldn't wait to see his beloved Bulma in the dress he had gotten for her. She was so excited when he gave it to her, and now he too was feeling the same kind of excitement. All of his Saiyan pride and anger was nowhere to be found. He was totally disarmed, and when she came out, it got worse.

Bulma emerged from the little hut, and Vegeta lost it. She was so beautiful in that dress. Her hair was tied up in a bow that matched the purple in the garment. 'She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen' he thought to himself. He felt his knees begin to turn to gelatine as she walked over to him. It all seemed to happen in slow motion, a moment frozen in time, and he wouldn't have wished for it to be any more perfect. As she strode towards him, he noticed how the dress accentuated every feature of her body. He felt a tear well up in his eye, and paid it no mind. 'Let it fall' he thought. 'This is the happiest I've ever been, and nothing can ruin it.'

"So Vegeta, what do you think, hmmm?" She was looking at him with those large blue eyes of hers, almost like a puppy would look with love at it's owner. He was completely overtaken with emotion, and she could sense it immediately.

"Bulma-Chan. You look beautiful." His voice was at a near whisper, and he almost choked up on his words. But he maintained his composure. "You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life."

She leaned up to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you, Vegeta. You've really made my night. This is the greatest gift anyone could have given me. It's not the dress, it's how I feel. You've really made me happy. Thank you."

"Well you guys, are we ready to go get down?" Krillin had helped Mizuki into the car, being the gentleman he was, and looked at the happy couple with a big smile.

"I think we're ready to go, don't you Vegeta?"

He couldn't speak. He just turned and opened the door for her, and took her hand to seat her in her the car. He was totally struck blind with emotion, something that had never happened to him before. He wasn't himself at all. Even the thought of surpassing Kakkarot had totally escaped him. He managed to clear his thoughts long enough to get into the car himself.

"Well, here we go! Next stop, Club Zero!" And with that, Krillin hit the gas and they were off to what they all knew would be a most memorable night of fun, dancing, and for some, a little bit of romance...

They arrived in Aloha City some time later, and parked the car, this time at a garage a little closer to the club. They locked up, paid the attendant, and made their way down the sidewalk to their destination. As they walked along, the looked at the neon lights of the city's many venues. Bulma and Mizuki "oooooo'd" and "aaaahhhh'd" as they past display after display, each more extravigant then the last. After a few minutes of this, they arrived at Club Zero.

The line to get in was long. "Look at that line, you guys." Krillin sounded a little upset, almost dismayed at the prospect of waiting in line.

"Well, what do you expect from an upscale place like this?" Bulma looked at the entrance, some 60 meters ahead of them in line. The line was packed with people, all the way up. They were turning some people away. "Looks like they either don't want certain people in there or they have some fake IDs. The nerve of some people."

"Yeah." Mizuki was still gawking at the lights of the city around her. She had never really been to a larger city like this, especially at night when it was so alive. "God, I never knew how pretty a city like this could be."

"Well, I'll be the club's inside is alot prettier. I hear this place takes it's theme pretty seriously, at least as far as the decore goes." Bulma was still looking ahead as she spoke. Another bunch of flunkies turned away. She giggled a bit at the thought of how it must be to have to try and fake one's way into a club like this one.

After about 15 minutes of standing in line, they were finally close to the front. When it was their turn, they all showed their IDs. Vegeta had to show a Capsule Corp. ID that was made for him, since he had no other indentification on him. After all, there really was no such thing as a card-carrying Saiyan. But, as was the case everywhere, employees of Capsule were held in high regard, especially Bulma. She was the daughter of the CEO. And her guests were always welcome.

Once they got through the front door, they took an elevator up to the second floor, where the main entrance to the club was. When the elevator doors parted, they got their first good look at the interior of the place.

It was a large, almost cavernous room, with two levels. The upper level, on which they now stood, was more of a balcony than anything, with tables all around, and a bar near the glass doors that lead out onto the main outdoor balcony. Below was the main dance floor. And the entire club reflected it's theme. The bars, tables, walls, everything was designed as an arctic glacier would be. Patterned like jagged stalactites of ice and show drifts, the tops of the tables and bars were indented as to prevent any spills from getting out of control. And the sides looked like giant ice cubes, with a soft blue light eminating from within each one.

A second tier on top of each of the tables, similarly decorated, held ashtrays for the smokers and other things like napkins, coasters and more. The walls were lined around the ceiling with more blue lights. In fact, the entire place was doused in a soft light blue light. The dance floor below had lights, moving in time to the pumping music from the DJ's sound system, colored in shades of blue and purple.

This caught Vegeta's attention almost immediately, and he loved it. Blue, after all, was the color of the Saiyan Royal Bloodline. His body suit, his tank tops, it was all blue to reflect his lineage. And of course, it was blue like the color of his companion's eyes.

"Wow! This place is great!" Krillin tried to hold himself back, but couldn't. "Come on, Mizuki, I'll buy you a drink!" He took his date by the hand and led her to the bar, laughing all the way.

"Well, Vegeta, shall we find ourselves a table?" She looked up at him, smiling.

He really couldn't help himself, and began to smile as well. With that, the two made their way to a table not far from the outdoor balcony's entrance. They sat down, and a waiter came up to them almost immediately.

"Good evening, Miss Brief. Is there anything I can get you and your escort?"

"Wow! Word sure does get around! Let's see, I'll have a Blue Maui. What would you like, Vegeta?"

He looked at the waiter, and spoke in his usual gruff tone. "I'll have a beer. And make sure it's not watered down. God knows I hate watered down beer."

The waiter began to sweat a little, but regained his nerves. "Well, sir, we have Guiness, Boddingtons, Fosters, and Molson Ice. Would you like one of those?"

"I'll have a Molson Ice, and make it snappy."

"Um, very well. I'll be right back." The waiter jogged off to the bar to get their drinks. "Good god. The people that come in here sometimes..."

Bulma giggled as the waiter left the table. "You know, Vegeta, you CAN relax. I think you scared the hell out of that poor guy." She reached out and took his hand in her own. "Now try and calm down, you big lug. And for god's sake, have some fun!"

"I'll try, Bulma-Chan." Vegeta was a bit nervous. Eventually, she'd want him to go out onto the dance floor with her. He was unsure about his dancing, even though Krillin had told him that he had done well for a newcomer. "Where is that servant man? I want my beer."

"Remember, Vegeta, try to be nice. Noone here cares about who you are, how strong you are or about your pride. They just want to have fun and enjoy themselves, so try and do the same. Please?"

Vegeta just scowled at her a bit.

"For me, Vegeta?" She smiled at him, the way she always did. She knew that it drove him crazy, and she also knew that she could get him to do just about anything when she did. It was her own little weapon in the war to tame the wild heart of the Saiyan Prince.

And it worked. He relaxed a bit, and smiled himself. Looking around, he saw happy couples all through the club, and singles at the bar. He wondered if he would be one of those singles had Bulma not had her incident with Yamcha. He chuckled a little as he pictured that pathetic ex boyfriend of hers, standing alone at the bar, trying to use his lame excuses and lines to attract members of the opposite sex.

It didn't take the waiter long to come back with their drinks, since he knew that this was a very special customer, and he was in the hunt for a big tip. "Here you go, folks. This first one's on the house. After that, you both get half off whatever you order. Just hollar for me if you need anything, my name's Katsuhito."

"Great! Thanks alot. We have some other people with us, if you could get them the same treatment we'd be very greatful." Bulma smiled as she took her first sip of her Blue Maui.

"Sure can! Just call me over when they join you." The waiter took off to serve the other customers, satisfied that he was doing his job well with the Capsule Corp. party.

"Wow. He was pretty helpful, wasn't he, Vegeta?"

Vegeta was still looking at the bar, laughing to himself at his daydream of Yamcha.

"Vegeta? What are you looking at?"

"If I told you, Bulma-Chan, you'ld find it a little funny, but upsetting. But it's nothing you should worry about." He took a slug of his beer, and sank down in his chair.

Not long afterwards, Krillin and Mizuki found their table and joined. them. "Hey you guys, this place is great! Just look at all the people in here. Must be the most popular night spot in Aloha City!" Mizuki was in awe of the spectacle. Coming from a small, rural town, she had never seen a place like this. She was used to the small bars populated by people she knew back home.

"Yeah, this place is pretty wild." Krillin answered. "If we didn't have to train for those Androids that kid told us about, then we could come to places like this more often!"

They all became quiet for a moment. The Android Menace always loomed on the horizon. It worried them as much as anything ever had, since the boy from the future, who was in fact Trunks, Bulma and Vegeta's future son, had said that everyone but Gohan would be killed in the initial confrontation. That especially concerned Vegeta, who did not like the thought of being killed by a machine.

"Well, we can't worry and mope around about it now. We're here to have fun." Bulma had a knack for changing the subject. "Lets go out on the dance floor and have some fun. Who wants to join me?"

"I'll come down with you, Bulma." Mizuki was looking forward to getting some dancing in. "Alright, what about you two?" She looked at Krillin and Vegeta, who were still thinking about the Androids between sips of their beers. "Well, are you two coming or not?"

"Ahh, Bulma, I think we'll just sit here for a bit. We'll be out in a little while, I need to talk to Vegeta about some stuff, anyway. What do you think, Vegeta?"

Vegeta just stared into his bottle of beer, his thoughts lost on what would happen when the Androids finally came.

"We'll be alright here, Bulma. You and Mizuki go on ahead."

"Alright, suit yourselves. But just remember, Vegeta. I'm getting you on that dance floor sometime tonight, so you'ld better be ready. See you guys in a little while!" The girls made their way to the nearby stairs, which lead down to the dance floor.

Once the girls were safely out of earshot, Krillin turned to Vegeta. "Well, do you think you're ready to do this, Vegeta?"

"I don't know about this. I mean, if I make myself look like a fool in front of all these people, I can't say for sure that I won't lose it and blast this place into the next dimension. And that doesn't say good things about what I'll do to you, either, baldie."

"Look, man. You did fine this afternoon. You took to it faster than I've ever seen anyone take to dancing. You're a natural, Vegeta. And besides, I think you've got the right stuff. It will leave a good impression on Bulma, that's for sure."

"You really believe what you're saying?" Vegeta looked up from his beer at Krillin, and gave him one of his best scowls. "You really think that I won't end up making an ass of myself and blowing this place sky high?"

"Truest me, Vegeta. Now, here's the plan. I figure a few more drinks will get us loosened up a bit, so let me call the waiter over and get us a couple of beers each. Once we get them in our systems, we should be good to go. Sound like a plan?"

Vegeta just grunted a quiet "Hrumph", his way of saying "Fine."

"Alright then. Waiter?"

After Krillin had challanged Vegeta to a few chugging contests, which the Saiyan Prince had gladly accepted and won, they sat at the table, each with a great buzz. "Well, big guy, you ready to go show the place what the Prince Of Saiyans can do on the dance floor?"

Vegeta hicupped, and looked at his counterpart with a sadistic smile. "Let's do it, baldie. I'm feeling the *hicup* groove, and I'm ready to move!"

"That's the spirit, man! Now, let's get down there!"

They stood up and walked, with the occasional stumble, over to the stairs and down to the dance floor. It didn't take them long to find the girls, who were dancing over by the massive speakers set up near the DJ's table. Making their way through the crowd, the came up to the girls, each with a smile on their faces.

"Well well well, look who decided to join us." Bulma called over the loud music coming from the speakers nearby. "So, Vegeta, are you going to dance with me or what?"

"Well, that depends, Bulma-Chan. Are you going to try not to laugh if I do?"

"Oh, Vegeta, just chill out and dance with me already!"

It didn't take long for the Saiyan warrior to catch the beat of the song pumping through the stereo. In moments he was, as Americans were fond of saying, Gettin' Jiggy With It. Bulma stopped dancing and looked at him in complete shock. 'I had no clue that he could dance, and this well for that matter! He sure does take to things quickly.'

Krillin and Mizuki were dancing nearby, and Mizuki looked over at Vegeta. She turned back to Krillin and yelled so he could hear her over the music. "You know, I never took him as the dancing type. He's actually pretty good at it!"

"Yeah," Krillin said in return, "while you guys were out earlier I gave him a crash course in funky moves. He's a natural! Didn't take long for him to learn how to do it. And here I was thinking he'd never get the hang of it."

Bulma had shaken off her surprise and joined Vegeta in dancing like wild. The song was changed, thanks to a flawless mix by the DJ, and they were grinding together. Bulma had backed herself into him, and they were swaying together to the rhythm. Krillin looked at them with wide-eyed wonder, and to his own astonishment found Mizuki doing the same to him. They danced for a few more songs, and returned to the table to take a break and have a few more drinks.

The gang sat around the table, laughing as the waiter kept them happy with drinks as fast as he could. It was deffinately a night to remember so far, and they were all sure that there was more to come. Krillin got up and whispered something to Vegeta, who nodded. Then he went off and headed down the stairs.

"Where's he going, Vegeta?" Bulma asked in a near drunken tone of voice. She had quite a few Blue Maui's since they returned to the table.

"You'll see, Bulma-Chan. It's a surprise."

"Oh, Vegeta, you and your surprises. Well, if history has a habbit *hicup* of repeating itself, then this should actually be good."

Krillin returned a short time later, smiling to Vegeta. "It's all set, bro. two more songs, and it's on." He let out an evil smile, and sat back down to continue drinking his beer.

Mizuki lookd at Krillin, wondering why he was smiling like that. "OK, what are you up to now, Krillin? What kind of scheme is pulsating through that head of yours?"

"Oh, you'll see soon, babe. Meanwhile, let's move down to the dance floor. Vegeta and I have to get ready."

The group had moved to the dance floor, and the song was just about to play. Krillin and Vegeta had positioned themselves for the coming onslaught of dancing wonder, and the girls had moved off to the side, eager to see what they had planned. When the song started it's intro, Krillin looked over to Vegeta.

"You ready, man?"

"As ready as I'll ever be, baldie. Let's do this."

And when the beat hit, they started. It was an incredible spectical, the two men, one human one Saiyan, moved to the beat in perfect synchronization. Sliding left, then right, then breaking into a series of jumps and kicks that would have even the most seasoned dancer looking on in amazement. A circle formed around them, people looking on in amazment. They all clapped along to the beat as Krillin and Vegeta did their routine.

With their skills as martial artists, they performed moves, with balance and grace, that would have most normal people on their backs in pain. At one point, they both lept up into the air, going as high as the second level, spinning and flipping like it was nobody's business. The crowd around them marveled at the sight.

Mizuki and Bulma were in awe. Bulma especially, since she had no idea that Vegeta even had it in him. She was amazed at how good he was, and keeping up with Krillin was never an easy task. She knew that he had yet to find a partner that could match his moves, and she was surprised that he had found that in the Saiyan warrior who had nearly killed them all years before.

They continued through the extended version of the song, and never missed a beat. When the song was finished, the crowd erupted in cheers and applause. Vegeta looked over at Krillin and smiled. "You've outdone yourself, there, baldie. Looks like you get to be on my good list for a little while longer."

"Glad to hear it, Vegeta. Now let's go get another beer. I'm beat."

"Good idea. Where's that waste of a waiter at? I need another Molson." Together, they gathered up the girls and headed back to the table, all the while getting comments and congratulations from the crowd as they went.

Later that night, Bulma found herself right where she wanted to be. She was standing out on the club's outdoor balcony, with Vegeta standing just behind her. They were looking out over the strip, admiring the lights and hustle of the city. She turned to him and gave him a big hug.

"Wow. That was incredible, Vegeta. Where'd you ever learn how to do that?"

"The little bald guy taught me all that. I asked him to teach me so I wouldn't make a fool out of myself if I came here with you. I guess it turned out rather well, didn't it."

"I'll say it did." She leaned up against the rail and looked up at the full moon, hanging low in the night sky. "It's been a wonderful night, Vegeta. I really want to thank you for agreeing to come along. For all the more cold hearted and arrogant you are, you've really proven that you do have a softer side." She turned to him again and smiled.

Inside the club, the DJ announced that it was nearly closing time. "Well, that's about it for us here at Club Zero, the coolest night spot in beautiful Aloha City. So before you all go, we wanna leave you with a memory or two. These last two songs are gonna be slow ones, so grab your favorite guy or girl and get out there on the dance floor. Get close kids, and make a memory that'll last a lifetime."

"Well, Vegeta. Looks like it's almost over. Want to slow dance with me?"

"Slow Dance? And I thought the little bald guy showed me everything I needed to know."

"Oh, don't worry, silly. It's alot easier than what he showed you. And besides, you get to hold me close..."

"Well, alright, Bulma. You can show me how to do this Slow Dance. God knows I've been shown everything else today."

"Oh, you..." She took him by the hand and led him to the door that led back into the club. "Come on, Vegeta. This'll be fun!"

Once inside, they found Krillin and Mizuki dancing together amidst the other couples. She had her arms around his head since he was a bit shorter than her, and he loved it. They turned to see Bulma and Vegeta walking towards them.

"Well, this certainly has been a pretty good night, eh guys?" Krillin was as happy as a clam.

"Yep, it sure has been, Krillin. I'm sorry to see it end, but I don't think I'll forget it anytime soon." When she finished, Bulma turned to Vegeta and put his arms around her waist. "OK, Vegeta. Now, just follow my lead and you'll be fine, OK?"

He just looked at her and nodded, since he had no clue what he was doing at all. The song changed to a slow ballad by an American band Bulma called Queensryche. In his mind, Vegeta found it rather relaxing, and he was soon dancing with his love, looking into her eyes with more endearment then he ever had before. Together, they danced around in circles, much like they had that first night when they floated down to the balcony of her room.

In both of their minds, this was the most wonderful night either of them had ever had with anyone, let alone individually. As they danced through the night, the scene around them seemed to disappear as they became lost in each other's embrace. The mighty Prince Of Saiyans, and his little human Princess...

Back near the campsite, the four creatures began to set their trap. "Alright, you guys, get these energy bindings set up. That Saiyan and his little friends should be back soon. We need to make sure everything's perfect."

"Right boss. But I don't see why we don't just catch Vegeta and worry about getting his human female later on. Wouldn't that be easier?"

"Maybe, you idiot, but then we wouldn't have any fun with it. If we capture her, then he'll come to us. Just give it some time..." The creature smiled an evil smile. His intentions were not good at all. "Soon, Vegeta, you'll know why we came all the way here to find you. And soon, you'll be ours..."