Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Deeper Meaning of Pain ❯ Can You Take My Pain Away? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Deeper Meaning of Pain
By: ReiChan

AUTHORESS' NOTE: A ficcy based on the friendship between me and a pretty close friend of mine. I've based Pan's character on me and Trunks' on his. Although we are only friends, I might make this a romance between the two...but only if reviewers want it. :] Oh, and it's not exactly like what happened between us...but it's pretty close. :D

Chapter One: Can You Take My Pain Away?

---
Pan's Room
---
Blood trickled from her arm as Pan pressed the blade to her skin. She hissed as it dropped to the floor. 'Now I'll have to clean up.' She thought, watching the blood drop down onto the white carpets of her room. She pressed the blade once more as tears welled up in her eyes. 'I can't believe I'm actually doing this...but it feels as if my pain washes out along with my blood...' Pan thought as the tears fell silently, also washing her pain. But tears and blood don't last for long, and eventually the pain comes back. The raven haired maiden glanced at a picture frame on her dresser. It was a picture of her, Trunks, Goku and Giru. They were standing in front of the ship hugging eachother. It was taken after they returned to Earth. Pan smiled faintly at the memory. Because that was all it was, a memory. She couldn't go back and experience that happiness, as much as she wanted. She was far too deep in her pain.

Once she returned to school everything changed. Hardly anyone spoke to her. And those that did usually made fun of her. So she didn't say anything, just stared emotionlessly ahead. So her classmates ignored her. Payed no attention. So here she was, trying to rid the pain that was etched into her heart. There was nothing else she could do. She was forced to keep it all in. All the pain, all the hate. A voice interuppted her thoughts.

"Pan? Pan! Phone!" Gohan yelled through the door. Pan composed herself and picked up the cordless in her room.

"Got it Dad!" She yelled, pressing her ear to the reciever and waiting for the click of the other line.

"Hello?" She asked. 'Who could be calling me? And why?'

"Hey Pan?" A familliar voice asked.

"Trunks? Why are you calling?" Pan asked, smiling slightly at the sound of her friend's voice.

"You still have the blade? I can't find it." Trunks asked.

"I have it. I was just using it a while ago. I'll bring it over tomorrow?" Pan asked, looking at the blade she left in the middle of her pool.

"You can't bring it right now? I really need to vent, and sparring with Dad would cause me to lose more blood than needed." Trunks chuckled. 'Funny how no matter how hard things get, Pan and I always manage to stick together.' Trunks thought.

"You need it that bad?" Pan asked, a hint of concern in her voice. Trunks was her world, her filled her void. Picked her up when everyone else dropped her, she knew she meant the same to him. So they had to stick together do anything to help. Because eachother was all they had.

"Yah...got in a fight with Bra, got yelled at by mom and broke up with what's her face." Trunks replied.

"Oh, you mean Risa? Or whatever her name is?" Pan laughed.

"Was that her name? Anyway not like I care enough to remember." Trunks said.

"Letme just clean up my mess and wash it. I should be over in about 10 mintues. If and only if my parents let me go." Pan sighed. She hated the way her parents treated her. They were so...overprotective. She was old enough to be trusted and they said they trust her, but she was rarely ever let out.

"Oh don't worry. You're only going here. Why are they gonna say no?" Trunks asked, although he very well already knew the answer.

"Trunks, I've told bajillions of times! 'What if you get raped on the way there?' Jeez! They act like I'm not saiya-jin!" Pan exclaimed hatefully. Tears welled up in her eyes. She hated her parents. She hated the way they treated her, but thanks to Theatre, she was able to hide it.

"Pan, look, if they say no...I'll come by and pick you up and we can go get something to eat. Okay?" Trunks suggested. It was hard to believe this softy was suicidal.

"O-Okay." Pan replied, trying to stop her voice from cracking, which it did anyway.

"Now go get cleaned and ask your parents." Trunks said warmly. Putting down the phone after Pan hung up.

AUTHORESS' NOTE: What do you think? You like? Should I continue? Hmm?