Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Different Days ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ.
 
Chapter 4
 
Later that night…
 
Gohan grumbled and shot nasty glances at Bulma as he finished up the last of the immense pile of dishes. He couldn't believe that she had made him do all that work! She was supposed to be his favorite aunt!
 
Not that he blamed her, of course. He had ruined a cup of her coffee, and anyone who knew Bulma was aware that if they messed with her coffee they were signing their own death warrant.
 
But Gohan hadn't been able to help himself! The urge to pull a prank had been too strong to resist, even for him!
 
“Ah, it's good to see that you've finally finished,” said Bulma, smiling sweetly as she sipped from a fresh cup of coffee.
 
Gohan grumbled a reply, as he dried his hands with a nearby dish towel.
 
“Nothing to say, Gohan?” Bulma asked. “No, I'm sorry, Aunt Bulma?”
 
Gohan shot her a glare, and started to head towards the kitchen door. He wasn't going to say anything, because if he did then Bulma would just go on and on about how adults were better than teenagers. And then, well, he wouldn't be able to help himself. He'd have to pull another prank on her to prove his superiority.
 
At the doorway he stopped as Bulma's voice reached him. “Well, since you have nothing to say kid, then I think that I had better warn you.”
 
Gohan turned around and blinked. “Huh? Warn me? About what?” he asked, curiosity getting the best of him.
 
“Oh, nothing,” said Bulma, taking another sip of her coffee. “It's just I thought you should know that I will be getting revenge for your little stunt today.”
 
Gohan blinked, almost surprised beyond words. “But…but…I thought the dishes were your revenge!”
 
Bulma shook her head slightly, her smile getting wider by the second. “Nope, that was just the beginning. I need time to think of something truly dreadful to do to you.”
 
“But, that's not fair! You can't get double revenge for a little prank like that! It's just not right!” exclaimed Gohan, his voice getting higher with each syllable. The amusing result was, of course, that by the end of his statement his voice resembled something like that of a bad opera singer trying to reach the higher notes without shattering glass.
 
“Well, Gohan, was it fair when you ruined my coffee? You know how much I love the stuff, so for you to even think about ruining what is most important to me gives me the right to do whatever I can to make your life miserable,” she said, eyes alight with amusement as she watched her honorary nephew gape at her in complete astonishment.
 
How amusing. She had made him speechless. Not many people could lay claim to having actually caused a member of the Son family to be at a loss for words. Ah, what a glorious day.
 
“But…but…” said Gohan, still in shock.
 
“No buts, Gohan. No go on upstairs and get some sleep. You're going to need it, because I can promise you that the next couple of days are going to be rough.”
 
Gohan stood there for a moment, apparently thinking things over, and then nodded.
 
“Alright then, Bulma. Goodnight. I'll see you in the morning.”
 
“Night, Gohan-chan. See you in the morning!” said Bulma cheerfully, as Gohan turned around and left the kitchen.
 
Ah, things were finally going to go her way after all. She couldn't wait to get revenge on the little brat. It would serve him right, after all the trouble he'd caused everyone else over the past couple of years. It was time for him to get a taste of his own medicine.
 
The next morning…
 
Gohan smirked evilly as he hid in the hallway outside the kitchen. Despite the fact that Bulma was out to get him, he had still had time to begin stage one of his plan to prank Vegeta.
 
Everything was set up and ready to go, so all he had to do was wait for the annoying one to show up. And…speak of the devil, Gohan could hear him already.
 
He held his breath and melted into the shadows, anxious not to betray his presence to the Saiyan Prince. As soon as Vegeta entered the kitchen, Gohan glued himself to the wall beside the doorway, camera in hand and ready for use.
 
Mind focused on the day ahead of him, Vegeta paid no attention to the oddness he felt as soon as he entered the brightly-lit kitchen.
 
Taking his time, he moved around the kitchen, gathering the various items he needed for his breakfast. It took a good amount of time, but finally, after about twenty minutes, he had everything prepared and ready to eat.
 
Vegeta snorted as he sat down, his food laid out in front of him. It was despicable that he had to prepare his own food. He was a prince, and as such, should be waited on hand and foot.
 
Too bad these pathetic weaklings didn't realize his superiority, but, really, he couldn't expect any sort of intelligent thought from such backward beings. They wouldn't recognize superiority if it up and bit them.
 
Vegeta was halfway through his second plate of eggs when he realized that he was missing one vital ingredient to his meal.
 
Milk.
 
His eyes narrowed as he noticed it on the far counter. How could he have left it over there? Shaking his head slightly, he shoved himself away from the table and moved to sand up, only to find that…
 
He couldn't move.
 
Vegeta blinked and braced his hands on the table as he tried to rise again, only to find that he was stuck.
 
He growled, confused by how it could have happened, but determined to not let a small chair beat him so easily. Resuming his efforts, he tried to struggle out of the chair, but found that even after several minutes of useless movement he was still hopelessly stuck.
 
Hidden in the shadows, Gohan grinned as he observed the Saiyan Prince. Perfect. Well, almost perfect. He only needed to add one more thing to this little scene, and his prank would be complete.
 
His grin widening, Gohan raised the tiny remote he had brought along, and slowly pressed the large red button on it. Raising his camera, he moved into the doorway to capture yet another amusing picture to add to his collection of Vegeta humiliations.
 
Vegeta, still stuck to the chair, froze when he heard a small sound above him. He blinked, almost afraid to look up, but then reminded himself that since he was a Saiyan Prince he could have no fear. Slowly his gaze roamed upwards, only to find a small box.
 
He frowned, unable to recall if that box had ever been there before. He didn't remember seeing it, but then again, he had never made a habit of staring at the ceiling.
 
About to dismiss the box as unimportant, he stopped when he noticed that it was slowly beginning to open. Eyes wide, he watched as the opening got wider and wider, until suddenly…it stopped. He watched the box with narrowed eyes, but when nothing else happened he turned his mind back to his current problem with a slight sigh of relief.
 
That relief, however, lasted for only a few seconds before he heard another click. And before he could even respond to that suspicious click, he found himself covered in what seemed to be powder.
 
Multicolored powder.
 
Someone was going to die.
 
“Smile, Vegeta!” came the cheerful voice of Kakarott's oldest brat.
 
Snarling, Vegeta turned his head to the voice only to find himself blinded by a flash of light.
 
“Wow, Vegeta. I'd never have thought you'd look so good in pastel colors. I must say, though, that the pink brings out the color of your eyes,” Gohan said, smirking as he leaned against the door.
 
Vegeta growled, his vision going red, as he imagined killing the brat right there on the kitchen floor. “You…You…You will pay for this, brat,” he snarled, rage making his voice reach a high octave, that he was sure was only supposed to be heard by dogs and other such creatures that were given the `privilege' of hearing sounds at high frequencies.
 
Gohan smirked. “Maybe,” he said, lounging against the door like Vegeta wasn't a highly dangerous Saiyan. “But it won't be anytime in the near future, `cause I used a special glue that I `borrowed' from Bulma to keep you stuck to the chair. And by the time you do get free, I will be on the other side of the planet.”
 
“Hiding won't get you anywhere this time,” said Vegeta, his rage evident in his words.
 
Gohan frowned thoughtfully. “I guess you're right. Hmm…Then maybe I shouldn't hide. Instead, maybe I should just ensure my safety by blackmailing you.”
 
Vegeta laughed. “I'm not afraid of anything, brat! Your useless threats won't work against me!”
 
“Oh, really? Then I guess you won't mind me telling everyone about that bet you lost to Bulma last year.”
 
Vegeta narrowed his eyes, wondering just how the brat knew about it. “What bet?” he asked, carefully keeping his voice neutral.
 
“You know, the one that ended with you wearing a tutu and singing a Little Mermaid song,” said Gohan.
 
Vegeta blushed. He'd almost managed to forget about that. It had taken an excessive amount of meditation, but he had finally managed to push that embarrassing memory into the back of his mind.
 
“You know nothing,” he accused, glaring at the demi-saiyan.
 
Gohan grinned. “I know plenty. Plus…” he said, holding up a tape. “I have a videotape, and before you even think about trying to destroy it, I have to tell you that I made plenty of copies.”
 
“Alright,” Vegeta said, making one of those snap decisions that he was famous for. “Say that I believe you. What do you want me to do? Dance? Sing a little happy song?” he asked sarcastically, eying the videotape with disgust.
 
Gohan smirked. “Nope. All I want Vegeta, is for you to not kill me while I'm here. After I leave, of course, you can attempt to kill me as many times as you want.”
 
Vegeta snarled, wanting to ki blast the brat right then and there, but, unfortunately for him, the woman had forbidden him from using ki in the house. Something about scaring the pathetic weaklings she called employees who worked in the laboratory on the other side of the compound.
 
“Fine,” he said, giving the kid one of his famous death glares. “But once you leave here, you will die, slowly and painfully.”
 
“Fine with me,” said Gohan. “Now I kinda have to get going, because I have more pranks to pull, and I have so little time to plan them all.”
 
Vegeta paused in the middle of his imitation of a rabid animal to think about Gohan's statement. More? He couldn't possibly have the audacity.
 
“…so, I'd watch your back if I were you Vegeta, because you've got more coming your way,” Gohan warned, and with that he was out the doorway and off to plan more horrendous pranks. At least, that was what Vegeta assumed.
 
Vegeta growled. So, the brat thought he could prank him without any consequences. He didn't think so. He had a few tricks up his sleeve that the brat didn't know about yet.
 
But, he smirked evilly, he would know about them soon enough. Gohan was going to be on the receiving end of a prank for once, and Vegeta was going to make sure that he learned firsthand what happened when you messed with the Prince of all Saiyans.
 
But first, he needed to get out of this damn chair!
 
 
End of Chapter 4! Please review!!