Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles - Gohan/Videl ❯ Should Have Known ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Should Have Known


“What do you mean you broke the machine?!  Don’t you know how to wash clothes?” Gohan exclaimed standing in his underwear before a large pile of wet, dirty laundry.

“I never had to because we had a maid!  You could have shown me how!” Videl shot back, searching their empty dressers for something to wear.

“And why’s that?  Because we’re poor?  I was too busy studying to do housework!”

“Well I was too busy fighting crime!”

“We made a deal,” he said.  “I cook, you clean.  Most of these clothes are yours anyway.”

“And you eat most of the food,” she retaliated.

They glared at each other across the messy room.  There had been minor glitches since their marriage, but this was their first complete disaster.

Gohan picked up a sopping wet shirt.  “What do we do now?  Everything is filthy and I don’t have anything to wear to work.”

“Neither do I.  Even if I knew what to do I can’t go to the Laundromat in this,” Videl said.

The thought of her leaning over a washing machine in the skimpy t-shirt she slept in was enough to break the tension between them. 

Laundry and work were completely forgotten.