Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles - Piccolo ❯ My Own ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
My Own


“Piccolo?  Why have you never reproduced?”

The older Namek glanced at the younger one standing beside him.  Without answering, he turned his attention back to the family he had been watching over like a guardian angel for the past five years.

He wouldn’t admit to Dende the thought crossed his mind.  More now than ever.  Seeing how the young father nurtured his daughter down on earth brought back painful memories.  Memories of doing the same thing; painful because he didn’t appreciate it at the time.  He just didn’t expect he would ever have those feelings.  By the time he recognized his fondness for the boy, they were forced apart.  If only he could go back and do it over, he could enjoy their short time together more, even knowing he would have to turn the child over to his real father.

But he wouldn’t consider reproducing his own offspring, as much as he wanted to.  Not with his past.

“No,” Piccolo said, finally turning away from the loving scene below.  “Even after reuniting with Kami I can’t guarantee which part of me would be passed on to the next generation.  I’ll leave the fate of the future in your hands.”