Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles - Vegeta/Trunks ❯ Hurtful Words ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Vegeta’sWords


“You’re nothing like the other Trunks! He’s more my son than you will ever be, and he didn’t even have me growing up!”

Trunks was stunned as the words echoed around his office. He flinched when his father stormed out, slamming the door behind him and knocking several pictures from the wall.

All because he gave up training for a career at Capsule Corp.? That couldn’t be all of it. What could have brought on such a tirade?

A dull ache grew in his chest as he realized how much the words hurt. He would have preferred to be punched.

-----

Trunks’ Words


“I don’t want to be like dad. I don’t want to spend my entire life in useless training. No one needs warriors anymore. I want a career at Capsule Corp. and work my way up to CEO.”

Vegeta felt ill. He couldn’t believe he overheard his own son saying those words to his mother.

Did Trunks really see him as a worthless warrior? Didn’t he realize it’s all just to protect this planet? Of all people, Trunks should be able to understand him.

Those words hurt more than he was willing to admit. He would have preferred to be punched.