Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles - Vegeta/Trunks ❯ Just Like His Dad ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Just Like His Dad


Trunks pressed a button and the door slid open with a soft whoosh. He could feel the pull of the chamber’s extra gravity from the doorway. Bowing respectfully, the teenager waited to be invited into the room.

Inside, Vegeta punched and kicked the air in what looked like a form of graceful dance; his balance perfectly measured even in the heavy air. Sweat dripped from his body with every thrust of fist and foot. After a few more minutes, he slowed his pace until he stopped altogether. He walked to the computer consol and punched a series of keys. The soft hum of the room changed pitch ever so slightly as the gravity decreased.

“You’re late,” Vegeta said without looking at his son. “You need more discipline if you’re going to be a strong warrior.”

“Yes, sir,” Trunks answered, giving one more bow before entering the room. Vegeta waited as Trunks stretched his lithe muscles before turning the gravity back up to full strength.

Father and son faced each other in mock combat, their builds and stances nearly mirror-image. Although years and experience separated them, they matched punch, kick, and block perfectly. Trunks – a warrior -- just like his dad.