Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles - Vegeta/Trunks ❯ Field Training ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Field Training


“I don’t think we should practice here, dad,” Trunks said, looking down at the ripening field they were hovering over.

“Nonsense!” Vegeta snapped. “We can train anywhere we want.”

“But, dad . . .” the boy tried again.

“Listen. We save the people of this planet from aliens, natural disasters, animals, and other demented maniacs. And they don’t even know it! I say we train wherever and whenever we feel like it! Now fight!”

Trunks sighed and blocked his father’s attack. The sparring soon escalated to ki blasts. One of Vegeta’s blasts grazed the field below. Soon, there was an eruption of noise and the ground became covered in small white puffs.

“What the . . .!” Vegeta exclaimed, flying down to investigate.

“What I was trying to say,” Trunks laughed, “is that this is a popcorn field!”

“Popcorn? What’s that?”

“Try some and see.”

Trunks happily began shoving handfuls into his mouth and his father followed suit. Soon they had cleaned up all the evidence, leaving only bare stalks behind. Their stomachs too full to continue training, they decided to head back home.

“I think we need a new place to train,” Vegeta said. “Trunks, do you know of any more fields like this one?”