Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Ball: Chaotic Future ❯ Chapter 31: A New Mission ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I DO NOT OWN DRAGON BALL Z OR ANY RACES, PLANETS, OR CHARACTERS RELATED TO IT. GALDRIA, HEVA, TIRIS, IQUELA, MIURA, ZELLIS, SETH, CLEF, HANZO, TWILIGHT AND ALL RELATED CHARACTERS, RACES, OR PLANETS WERE ALL CREATED BY ME.
 
 
Dragon Ball:
Chaotic Future
 
CHAPTER 31
 
Genjin Saga, Part I
“A New Mission.”
 
 
 
The three Genjins trekked across the wasteland.
 
Miura, Kirien, and Kalen staggered along the path that had been carved into the earth by the Sealing Blast, having no energy left to fly after launching the powerful attack. It was easy to follow the blast's trail, for wherever the ancient Genjin technique had come into contact with the terrain, everything within that area had been turned to solid white stone. The three weary companions followed this long, straight “road” of unnatural rock, leaning on each other for support as they neared ground zero. It was impossible now to tell where the crater caused by Tempest's Earth-shattering blast had been, for everything as far as the eye could see was decimated. Not a single living thing had survived the savage amounts of energy that had been discharged, first during Tempest's attack, then from 16's self-detonation, and even more so by the Sealing Blast.
 
Soon the three allies came upon a large, circular area of solid white stone which seemed to go on for miles in every direction. There, at the very center of the Sealing Blast's contact point, stood Tempest. Miura, Kalen, and Kirien couldn't even gasp in shock, for at some level they had expected this. Miura's decision to abandon their efforts in order to rescue his friends seemed to have cost them their victory. Yet as they neared the stationary form of the mad god, two other shapes could be seen milling cautiously around Tempest.
 
“What are they doing?!” Miura shouted, pulling away from Kirien and Kalen's support as he staggered toward the center of the white-stone circle. The distance was much greater than it appeared, and by the time Miura reached the unmoving, strangely silent form of Tempest, he was drenched in sweat, bent over and panting for breath. It took a moment for the purple-eyed fighter to regain his composure, and when he finally looked up, he was filled with relief, for standing before him, injured but certainly not dead, were Gabriel and Trunks.
 
His joy at seeing at least two of his friends alive only increased when he turned his attention to Tempest, or rather, what had been Tempest. The mad god's massive body had been entirely transformed into the same hard, white stone as everything else that the Sealing Blast had come into contact with. Miura staggered closer, assisted by Gabriel and Trunks, neither of whom were in any better condition than Miura himself.
 
“It must've worked after all,” Miura gasped, laying a trembling hand upon the warm stone of Tempest's chest. The evil god stood rooted to the ground, his body locked forever in a defensive stance that had obviously done him no good. Faint, glowing lines of pale blue energy could be seen at Tempest's neck, shoulders, and hips, obviously the separation points for the mad god's limbs. “We have to break him up,” Miura decided, backing cautiously away from Tempest's now-stone body. Even though he could feel that the dark, godlike entity was truly gone, it was still a little disconcerting standing so close to white “statue.”
 
“Right, but what do we do with the pieces?” Trunks asked, remembering all too well what had happened on Tiris when all six of Tempest's body parts had been assembled together. “We can't just take him back to Tiris, it'd be too easy for someone else to hear the legends and simply revive him again.” He, Miura, and Gabriel all took several more steps back and began to focus as much energy as was left to them. “There has to be another way…”
 
“I say we worry about that once everything else has been taken care of,” Gabriel replied, clenching his eyes shut as he attempted to draw up more power. “We have to find Hanzo and Clef, if they survived, and we have to get back to the bunker so everyone else knows what happened.” A faint blue aura sprang up around Gabriel as his body reached its limit. “We won… I can't believe it, but we won.”
 
Miura only nodded as all three of them thrust their hands forward, blasting the stationary form of Tempest with all of their combined power. It wasn't much, of course, but a small detonation of power shook the ground beneath their feet, and a loud splintering sound echoed throughout the stone landscape around them. Trunks, Gabriel, and Miura closed their eyes as the light from their attack finally died down, only opening them several moments after their task was finished.
 
Smoke rose from the six white stones that lay on the ground before them, all forming the individual body parts of their once-great adversary. The head, right arm, left arm, torso, right leg, and left leg of the mad god, all turned to solid white stone, were all that remained to remind them of the trials and tribulations of the last year. This creature, said to be a god, had destroyed all that Miura and his friends held dear, and to finally have what was left of Tempest crumbled at their feet brought all three of the battle-weary warriors to tears.
 
Gabriel knelt down next to the remains of Tempest to closer examine the strange, stone-like material that his body had been reduced to. “Not even a scratch,” he murmured, almost to himself as he ran his hand along the smooth, warm surface of the mad god's right leg. “I know that our attack was pretty weak, but these things aren't even singed.” The half-Galdrian warrior stood to his feet, wiping blood from a wound on his forehead with the back of his hand. “I don't get it…”
 
“I think I do,” Trunks replied, also taking a moment to examine the pieces of Tempest. “Remember, Gabriel, Tempest isn't dead. Supposedly nothing could kill him, so his energy is still active within these stone vessels.” The purple-haired Saiyan looked back over his shoulder toward Miura, as if to confirm whether or not his hunch was correct. When Miura nodded, Trunks continued. “I think it's pretty safe to say that even if all of us were at full power, and we threw everything that we had against these things, they still would remain unscathed.”
 
“And if we can't destroy them, then we have to hide them,” Miura finished with a sigh. But where? he thought to himself as he looked around the stone-encrusted countryside. Kirien told me that, even with his body gone, Tempest is still able to use his power to affect the actions of the weak-minded. No matter where we put these things, there'll always be the chance that someone will come looking for them…
 
“Miura,” Trunks said softly, snapping his friend out of his introspection. “Where are Kirien and Kalen, weren't they with you?” The slight hint of suspicion in Trunks' voice wasn't lost on Miura, and it was obvious that the purple-haired Saiyan shared Hanzo's distrust of the two Genjin fighters. “I would have thought that they'd want to be a part of this, after all…”
 
Slowly, as if not to alarm Miura, both Trunks and Gabriel shifted themselves into a slight defensive stance, their eyes scanning the surrounding area. Their concern would have seemed almost funny considering the fact that their greatest enemy was now defeated, if not for the sudden sick feeling in Miura's gut. As hard as he tried, the weary crossbreed could think of no reason for his two Genjin allies to suddenly vanish into thin air. Why would they…?
 
“Maybe… Maybe they're already looking for Hanzo and Clef?” Miura ventured, knowing how unlikely such an event would be. Both Kirien and Kalen were even more depleted than Miura after performing the Sealing Blast, for most of its power had come directly from them, and had merely been focused through the former Hunter. “Whatever they're doing, I'm sure they'll turn up,” the Galdrian-blooded warrior continued as a slight breeze stirred his dirty, long black hair, “but we should try and find the others. They may be injured… or worse.”
 
“Right,” Trunks agreed, relaxing just a little, but still keeping his attention focused on the decimated countryside, as if expecting attack at any moment. “I know we're all pretty battered and tired out, but we can cover more ground if we split up.” The half-Saiyan shielded his eyes from the bright, early morning sun and scanned the horizon, as if trying to seek out his missing comrades. “Gabriel, you head north and check there, alright? I'll go south, and Miura, you take the east.” When neither of his exhausted allies voiced any complaint, Trunks went on, saying, “Search well, but don't spend too much time out there alone. When you've been at it for an hour or so, head west to that spire of stone in the distance there; once we're all together, we'll head back to the bunker. I've got an Aircar capsule we can use, since I doubt that any of us are up to flying, or even walking back…” He left unsaid what they would do should Hanzo and Clef remain missing, but he didn't really need to.
 
If the two lost warriors couldn't be found, then the chances that they'd survived last night's epic battle were slim.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Three disheartened warriors arrived back at the hidden shelter.
 
As Miura, Trunks, and Gabriel exited the Aircar, they were met by two figures, who stepped silently out from under the shadows of the surrounding trees. Trunks immediately leapt into action, placing himself between his two allies and preparing for what may be another battle. Even when the two mysterious forms pulled back the hoods of their black robes, Vegeta's son maintained his ready stance.
 
“You had no luck in finding the others, then?” Kirien asked, her voice filled with exhaustion. The beautiful Genjin woman was pale, and the shadows around her eyes were proof enough of her own weariness. Even though she hadn't really taken part in the head-on battle against Tempest, it was obvious that she had paid her own price in providing the energy that was used in the mad god's eventual defeat.
 
“No, we didn't,” Trunks finally responded, letting his guard down as he began helping Gabriel and Miura unload the six pieces of Tempest from the back of the Capsule Aircar. “Not even a sign of them, anywhere… But that doesn't mean they're dead.” Trunks looked over his shoulder toward Miura, seeing a brief hint of loss in the young warrior's amethyst eyes, but only for a moment; the crossbreed's features returned to their normal mask of stoicism as the final piece of the mad god's statuesque body was laid out on the ground before the two Genjins.
 
“Why have you brought the vessels here?!” Kalen cried, actually leaping back several feet to distance himself from the six pieces of white stone. “Are you all mad?” he accused, his grey-green eyes filled with disbelief.
 
“What else were we supposed to do, just leave them lying out there?” Gabriel retorted, making his way slowly toward the closed hatch that led below ground to the emergency bunker. “We're so sorry, Kalen. Give us just a few more hours and we'll go put them back where we found them, okay?” The sarcasm in Gabriel's voice wasn't lost on Kalen, and the Genjin fugitive relaxed slightly and looked away.
 
“I think I have an idea on what we can do with them, but I'd rather wait until everyone's together,” Miura said, joining Gabriel beside the shelter's entryway. “Trunks, how do you open this damn thing?” he asked, walking the perimeter of the cleverly-disguised hatch. “I don't see any—”
 
Miura never finished his sentence, and both he and Gabriel leapt back as the hatch suddenly sprung open without any warning. Zellis, Dorian, Bulma, and Elysia rushed out from the hidden shelter, each of them immediately attaching themselves to their specific loved ones. Zellis ran first toward Miura, embracing him and assuring herself that he was okay before she threw herself into Kirien's arms, tears of relief streaming down her pale cheeks. Bulma held her only son in a crushing hug that would probably have squeezed the life out of any normal person, and she refused to let go even after Trunks assured her that he was, indeed, alright. Dorian approached Gabriel, his shining blue eyes glistening with tears of pride as he extended his hand to his young son. The half-Galdrian ignored the proffered hand, and instead caught his father in a solid embrace, and tears ran freely down his face as he finally allowed himself a moment to mourn the loss of his beloved Rika.
 
“I never thought that I'd see you again,” Elysia whispered as she buried her face in Miura's shoulder. A jolt of pain shot through the former Emperor's body, but he ignored it as he placed his arms protectively around his lover. “Arius… Can we go home now? Can we finally just go home?”
 
Miura said nothing and merely kissed his young fiancée on the forehead as he looked past her toward the six fragments of the mad god, where they lay unmoving on the ground several feet away, exuding a subtle hint of dark energy. He knew, deep inside, that it would be a long time before he ever saw home again, though he didn't have the heart to confess his fears to Elysia.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Everyone sat silently around the sitting room.
 
After finally assuring themselves that their loved ones were truly okay, if not a little battered and fatigued, Bulma and the others led the battle-weary group down into the bunker, where they had entered the open sitting chamber and simply collapsed with exhaustion. Now everyone waited patiently for Miura to reveal his plan for the vessels that held Tempest's frightening power.
 
“I've thought about this for a long time, and it seems obvious to me that we can't just take them back to Tiris,” Miura began, flinching a little as Elysia dressed some of his many wounds. “Doing so would be foolish, since it's possible that Mylember wasn't the only one to know the legend of Tempest. Others might want to gather the pieces together too, to get a wish.”
 
Trunks looked down at this statement, unwilling to meet the gazes of anyone in the room. He knew that Miura's words hadn't been accusatory, but he still felt at least partially responsible for everything that had happened over the last year-and-a-half. I should have never believed Mylember, that lying bastard! he thought to himself, clenching his fists. Look at what everyone's had to go through because of it!
 
The purple-haired Saiyan took a moment to look over at Elysia, remembering how heart-broken she'd been after learning about Miura's death on Tiris. Zellis too, for that matter, had taken the loss of her adopted-brother very hard, though she had tried to put on a brave face. The fact that Miura was now miraculously restored made no difference in Trunks' mind: the two young women had still been forced to endure a great deal of emotional turmoil, and the memories of those dark times hadn't simply been erased with Miura's return.
 
Out of the corner of his eye, Trunks watched Gabriel, who sat quietly, lost in his own thoughts, apparently. Rika, the half-Saiyan thought, feeling a tightness in his chest as he remembered the battle that had taken her life. She died trying to help us stop Tempest… And Gabriel refused to give in to his grief until he'd avenged her. Well, I guess now he'll have to try and come to terms with it… Remembering the death of Rika, and the battle on the Lookout, forced Trunks to recall the death of Mr. Popo, who had refused to leave his home, and had died in the ensuing struggle.
 
And now, Hanzo, Clef, and 16, Trunks thought, feeling his body beginning to tremble. Not to mention the thousands of others that Tempest killed during his rampage here, and on Galdria. And all the Namekians… and the damage he's done to the Earth! How will we ever recover from this one? Trunks snapped out of brooding thoughts as Miura continued.
 
“So, instead of returning all of the pieces to Tiris, I suggest that we scatter them all around the universe, as far from each other as we can possibly manage.” Miura looked around the room, locking gazes with each of his friends for a brief moment before going on. “That's what I wanted to talk with all of you about. Where do you think we should hide them? We know that destroying them is out of the question, so this is our only shot at preventing Tempest from being unleashed again.”
 
“I couldn't agree more, Miura,” Kirien spoke up from where she lounged on the couch, her arms held protectively around a sleeping Zellis. “In fact, Kalen and I had been discussing just such an idea when the three of you returned here.” With a nod toward her fellow Genjin, Kirien indicated that Kalen should continue where she'd left off.
 
“It was our thought, with the permission of Bulma and Trunks of course, that one of the pieces be left here, on Earth,” Kalen said, casting a questioning glance toward the two aforementioned individuals. “I have faith that the vessel would be kept under a close watch by the two of you, and that Trunks would be more than able to defend it should some poor soul come seeking it.”
 
Trunks looked over at his mother, who sat beside him with her feet propped up on a low table. “If Mother thinks its okay, I'm all for it. Honestly, I'd feel better knowing that at least one of the pieces would be here, where I could keep it under close watch.” After a moment of silence, Bulma nodded her agreement, seconding Trunks' thoughts.
 
“Alright then,” Kalen said, a smile of relief spreading across his drawn and tired face. “Then I propose that the second piece be sent to Galdria, with Miura and the others, for the same reasons that I gave to Trunks. It would be much easier to have another of the vessels under the close observation of friends, don't you agree?” The bearded Genjin looked now to Elysia and Miura, who shared dubious expressions.
 
“Personally, I don't want anything at all to do with these `vessels,'” Miura replied, gesturing toward the six stone fragments where they lay in the far corner. “And I'd rather not have anything so inherently evil anywhere near Galdria.” He paused, choosing his next words wisely. “But, if Trunks and Bulma are willing to do it, I can't really say no, can I? Fine. When we leave for Galdria, we'll take one of the damned things with us…” Nods of concurrence from both Dorian and Gabriel seemed to support Miura's decision, much to his relief. “Well that accounts for two, but what about the other four?”
 
Kirien shifted her position a little, trying hard not to wake her sleeping life-bonded. “We hadn't really gotten that far yet,” she admitted, absently stroking the slumbering Galdrian's lustrous green hair. “We're definitely open to suggestions, though. Just remember, we need to spread them as far apart as possible. We can't risk the chance that someone might stumble across all six, after all…”
 
“How about Namek?” Trunks offered with a shrug. “I mean, it's basically a dead planet now, so nobody has any reason to go there. With all the Namekians gone, the Dragon Balls don't exist any more either, so we don't have to worry about anyone going to the planet in search of them.”
 
“I think Trunks might be on to something here,” Miura agreed. “We could even just drop the thing into the middle of a Namekian ocean or something, that way it would be almost impossible for anyone to just `happen' across. I think Namek is a great idea,” the purple-eyed warrior concluded, brushing a few strands of long black hair out of his eyes. “And, I think I've got another one.”
 
“Oh?” Kirien asked with a smile, waiting for Miura to continue. “I told you Kalen, we have nothing to worry about. Once we have all of the vessels hidden, there's no way that anyone will be able to find all of them.” She cast a reassuring glance to Kalen, who sat silently, obviously still very uncomfortable with the six fragments of the mad god resting so casually in the same room with him. “Well Miura, what do you have in mind?”
 
“A few years back, after the Gelnika crashed on Applicah, Clef and I were taken in by two of the natives, Niena and Scherez,” the former Galdrian Emperor said. Everyone present heard the faint echo of grief in his voice when he spoke of Clef, but no one could really blame him. The Namekian bodyguard had taught Miura almost everything he knew about fighting, and had risked his own life numerous times to protect and help everyone in this room. The loss of Clef weighed heavily on everyone, so Miura's sorrow wasn't merely understood, it was shared.
 
“So you think that these Applicans will be willing to watch over one of the pieces?” Kalen asked, subtly prompting Miura to continue, rather than allowing the grieving young man to be swallowed up by his sorrow. “Applicah isn't really the… safest planet around, you know?”
 
“Yes, but that's exactly why it's such a perfect place to hide one of Tempest's pieces,” Miura continued. “Applicah is brimming with negative energy, so anyone trying to trace these vessels by locking on to the evil power they exude will be confounded. It'd be like searching for a needle in a hay stack. Besides,” the crossbreed said with a small grin, “I have to return to Applicah anyway. I promised Scherez and Niena a pretty steep reward for helping us out.”
 
“Okay, I'm all for it then,” Kirien said. “And that takes care of four, but still leaves us with two more. Any more suggestions, anyone?” She scanned the room, finally settling her warm, golden eyes on Gabriel, who looked as if he was about to speak. “Gabriel?” she prompted.
 
“What if we took just one back to Tiris?” he hazarded. “Heva is pretty far out there, so if we're really trying to spread them out, it would be a logical place. Besides, the Hevans are the most powerful race in this universe, and I doubt that they'd take kindly to anyone raiding anything that belongs to them, even a worthless moon like Tiris.” When no one voiced any opinion, Gabriel smiled to himself and sat back.
 
“Okay, one piece will be returned to Tiris then, to be placed under the protection of the Hevans, for all the good that will do,” Kalen stated, casting yet another nervous glance toward the six vessels that still held Tempest's essence. “One more then. So, where will it go?”
 
Conversation was put on hold for a few minutes as Bulma passed out a warm mug of coffee to each of the worn-out fighters. Silence filled the room, other than faint sighs of pleasure as the steaming drinks were quickly ingested, leaving Miura and the others feeling warm and comfortable. The cups were cleared away, and the matter at hand returned to. Before anyone else could speak, though, a quiet, feminine voice took control of the conversation.
 
“Hey Miura, do you remember our first mission together, when we finally were granted the rank of full Hunter?” Zellis asked, much to the surprise of Kirien, who had thought the young noblewoman still asleep.
 
“How long have you been awake?” the brown-haired Genjin woman asked her lover, smiling slightly as Zellis stirred a little, though her eyes remained closed.
 
“Long enough, I just didn't want to spoil this,” she responded with a musical laugh. “You're pretty comfortable to lie on, you know?” Zellis opened her bright green eyes and sat up slightly, looking across the room to where Miura and Elysia lounged in a similar position. “Well, do you remember it or not?” she repeated.
 
“Yeah, I do,” Miura said, calling up the old memories of his and Zellis' first mission together as full Hunters. “We were chasing down that gang of Druskians, right?” he asked, looking to his sister for confirmation. When she nodded once, he continued. “They led us on quite a chase… I remember they were trying to meet up with the rest of their group, on a ship that was orbiting planet Iquela.” His eyes widened as he realized what Zellis was getting at. “The only reason we managed to finally catch them was because they tried to force their way through the asteroid belt!”
 
Zellis picked up the story there, for it was obvious that no one else in the room comprehended what was being said. “Between planet Borz and Iquela, in Sector 17 B, there's a massive asteroid belt; supposedly it used to be a planet itself, until the Saiyans destroyed it a long time ago,” she explained. “I've heard of a few people who managed to make it through the belt alive, but I've heard of even more who died trying. Some of the asteroids are pretty small, about the size of your fist, but there are plenty more that are as big as Capsule Corporation's main building, or bigger…”
 
“So then, you think that we could stash one of the pieces in this asteroid belt?” Dorian asked, nodding his approval. “It would make perfect sense. After all, such a place is always shifting and changing, so it would make finding the vessel nearly impossible. That is, if anyone was actually foolish enough to go in after it at all.”
 
“You seem to be forgetting one thing, though,” Bulma pointed out as she reentered the room. “In order to place this thing on one of the larger asteroids, you guy's will have to fly into the belt. How exactly do you intend to make it in and out again in one piece?”
 
“The ship that Miura and I came here in,” Kirien replied brightly. “When we borrowed a ship from Captain Tallein back on Galdria, we made sure to take the smallest, fastest craft that we could. It's a little two person cruiser that shouldn't have any problem working its way into the asteroid field. In and out, just long enough to get rid of the fragment; it'll be easy.”
 
“That's it, then,” Trunks concluded, standing up and making his way toward the corridor that held his bedroom. “We'll work out the details of who goes to which location later, but right now,” he paused to yawn and stretch, “right now I'm all for getting a good night's sleep.”
 
No one could find any fault with Trunks' reasoning, and soon the small gathering in the sitting room broke up and went their separate ways; some to spend a little much needed time alone with their significant others, some to simply collapse into a deep and dreamless sleep, and some to just find a quiet, secluded place to dwell on everything that had occurred in the last several months. But one person found no peace, and sleep eluded him despite his best efforts to drift away into the comforting oblivion of slumber.
 
Kalen remained in the sitting room, and never once took his eyes from the six white, nearly iridescent pieces of stone that sat ominously silent in the corner of the empty, soundless chamber.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
A power level was approaching the bunker.
 
Miura, Gabriel, Trunks, Zellis, Kalen, and Kirien had all sensed the oncoming power as it made its way slowly toward the mountains that hid the Capsule Corporation shelter. For over an hour now the six nearly-restored allies had stood in the small valley, eyes locked on the western horizon, straining to see any sign of who, or what, approached them.
 
It had been seven days since the final battle against Tempest, and Miura and the others were finally beginning to recover their lost strength. The plans for scattering the mad god's remains had been put on hold until they were all fully restored, and if Bulma was to be believed, that would take at least another month, perhaps two. No one could really complain, however, for they were all more than willing to spend a little time with their loved ones, especially after coming so close to destruction. Kalen alone seemed on edge, and was anxious to be rid of the vessels, almost to the point of obsession. It had Miura and Trunks worried, though they couldn't really blame the Genjin fugitive for his feelings, for they too found themselves growing worried and restless as the days went on.
 
As the mysterious power continued to approach, Miura gasped in disbelief. “Hey guys, this isn't a single, fairly strong power level that I feel… It's more like two weaker ones,” he said, closing his eyes to better sense the oncoming energy signatures. “It feels like…” Suddenly his eyes shot open, and without a word to any of his companions Miura leapt into the air, the nimbus of purple energy that surrounded his body leaving a faint trail in the sky as he tore off toward the approaching powers.
 
It didn't take long for Trunks, Zellis, Gabriel, Kalen, and Kirien to follow Miura's example, and it took even less time for the five of them to catch up to the excited Galdrian warrior as he continued to soar high above the ground below. As the six of them continued on, the single power that they had perceived began to feel more like, as Miura had said, two individual signatures. They flew on for several more minutes, until, much to their relief and surprise, the two mysterious forms became visible.
 
“I don't believe it!” Trunks exclaimed, increasing his speed until he flew even with Miura. “Miura, it's them! Hanzo and Clef, they're alive!” The young half-Saiyan let out a shout of joy as he and Miura were the first to reach the exhausted duo, who were forced to fly together, using each other's strength to continue on.
 
Both Clef and Hanzo were in terrible condition, and Trunks and Miura wasted no time in taking hold of them. Trunks placed his arm around Clef's waist, using his own returning strength to support the nearly-unconscious Namekian. Clef nodded his thanks before promptly passing out, for it was obvious that simply staying airborne had taken all of the strength that remained in his broken body.
 
“I never would have thought that I'd be so happy to see you,” Miura teased as he placed his half-brother's arm around his shoulder for support. “Where have you two been? We thought for sure that you'd been killed in the battle.”
 
“Just… before 16 self-detonated… I managed to grab Clef and take off,” Hanzo stammered, obviously struggling just to remain conscious. “We… managed to get… away in time… but neither of us had… any… strength… left.” He closed his eyes for a moment as his battered body shuddered with pain. Miura wondered if Hanzo had finally lost his battle to stay awake, until the Saiyan warrior continued. “We weren't able to… move, really,” he continued breathlessly. “It took us a few… days just to get enough energy to… start our… journey back…”
 
“Well, don't worry brother,” Miura told Hanzo, holding him closer as they turned around and began their trip back to the mountains. “We won. And we'll get the two of you fixed up in no time. Once we get back though, you and Clef have a lot of catching up to do, I'm afraid.”
 
Hanzo chuckled slightly, which caused his entire body to spasm with agony. “Once we get back, I don't plan on doing anything but sleeping for a long, long time…” With that, Hanzo finally drifted off into unconsciousness, which was probably for the best considering the amount of pain he must truly be in.
 
Trunks and Miura, each weighed down with their respective burdens, returned to where their four allies had remained behind, and soon the entire group sped through the dimming night sky toward the underground bunker that had become their home. But despite the crowded conditions within the hidden shelter, none of them would have had it any other way.
 
To be continued…
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
In the next chapter:
 
The quest to hide the vessels that contain Tempest's power begins as Miura and Zellis pay a long-overdue visit to some old friends and Gabriel and Clef find themselves returning to Tiris. Will everything go as planned, or will a new sinister force put everything at risk?
 
Dragon Ball: Chaotic Future
Chapter 32
Genjin Saga, Part II
“Return.”
 
 
 
“DRAGON BALL: CHAOTIC FUTURE” CAN ALSO BE FOUND AT FANFICTION.NET, POJO.COM, AND DBZDIMENSION.COM
 
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE “CHAOTIC FUTURE” HOMEPAGE AT:
WWW.FREEWEBS.COM/CHAOTICFUTURE