Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Ball: Chaotic Future ❯ Chapter 35: Conspiracy ( Chapter 35 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I DO NOT OWN DRAGON BALL Z OR ANY RACES, PLANETS, OR CHARACTERS RELATED TO IT. GALDRIA, HEVA, TIRIS, IQUELA, MIURA, ZELLIS, SETH, CLEF, HANZO, TWILIGHT AND ALL RELATED CHARACTERS, RACES, OR PLANETS WERE ALL CREATED BY ME.
 
 
Dragon Ball:
Chaotic Future
 
CHAPTER 35
 
Genjin Saga, Part V
Conspiracy.”
 
 
 
Kirien smiled.
 
“Kalen, my dear,” she said, her voice sounding mildly amused as she took in the sight of the nearly obliterated West City. “I see that you've begun without me. I shouldn't be surprised, really.” Her golden eyes narrowed as she focused her attention on the other three, who stood silently off to the side, faces ashen and bodies trembling with fear. “Shouldn't they be dead?” she asked, raising an eyebrow and gesturing toward Clef and Gabriel.
 
“It seems that those I hired to dispose of them were sloppy, my Lady,” Kalen replied, lowering his eyes and bowing his head slightly. “Do not fear, though. I am more than capable of cleaning up their mistake.”
 
Your mistake, more likely,” the Genjin woman shot back, crossing her arms over her green and black breastplate. “Since you were obviously too dense to hire someone capable, this is technically your fault, Kalen. But now that I'm here,” she continued, her flawlessly beautiful face taking on a vicious expression, “I may as well take care of this mess myself.”
 
“Oh no,” Clef murmured, finally breaking the silence of the three stunned warriors. “How can this be? How could Kirien do this?!” He pulled away from Elysia and Gabriel, who remained behind, paralyzed with fear. “Kirien, God damn you! What have you done? Where's Hanzo?” Clef shouted, fists clenched, his body shuddering with rage.
 
“Hanzo?” Kirien repeated, turning her piercing gaze away from Kalen and settling it upon the Namek before her. “Don't worry about Hanzo, my dear Clef,” she said, her voice taking on a cold edge that the warrior from Namek had never heard before. “You'll be joining him shortly…”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Several days earlier…
 
The asteroid belt lay just ahead.
 
Hanzo looked to the rear of the control room, where Kirien sat silently, eyes closed, and felt—not for the first time—a strange sense of uneasiness. Throughout their entire journey, the Genjin ambassador had barely spoken to him, and she seemed to prefer spending her spare time alone. And, when she assumed Hanzo wasn't looking, the Saiyan warrior had noticed his golden-eyed companion watching him with an expression of barely concealed hatred. There was always the chance, though, that Hanzo was simply overreacting.
 
I am, by nature, a suspicious person, he told himself. Trust came difficultly to the dark-haired Saiyan, when it came at all. And he was particularly suspicious of anyone stronger than him… Probably some inherent Saiyan trait. No, Kirien's sudden change of personality probably had nothing to do with him in particular, or with anything malicious either. She's stranded here, with no friends to speak of other than Miura and Zellis, and she'll never see her own world again… That would make me more than a little irritable, too.
 
“We're here,” he said over his shoulder. Kirien came instantly awake and stood from her seat, stretching slightly as she did so. Not for the first time, Hanzo was forced to admire the Genjin woman's fit, trim body. “So, how do we go about this?” he asked, wondering if Kirien had any ideas, because he certainly didn't.
 
“Let me take the controls, I'm a much better pilot than you are,” Kirien replied sharply, sitting down in the captain's seat as Hanzo stood. “I thought we'd just go straight in, find an asteroid of suitable size, and deposit Tempest's leg there.” She looked at Hanzo warily from the corner of her eye. “Unless, of course, you can come up with something better?”
 
Kirien's cold demeanor sent chills down Hanzo's spine, and he wondered if, maybe, he was wrong about her after all. Before he could voice any opinion of his own, however, Hanzo was knocked to his feet as the Galdrian cruiser suddenly leapt forward, heading straight into the Iquelan belt. He stood slowly, throwing himself down in a nearby seat and strapping himself in as the small, lightning fast space craft made a suicide flight through the crashing asteroids. Kirien was as good as her word, though, and Hanzo was forced to admit that she was a much better pilot than he was. Such an admission was hard to make, coming from a Saiyan. After what felt like hours the ship came to a slow stop amid a calm patch of space, a massive, craggy asteroid floating just below.
 
“This should do nicely, don't you think?” Kirien asked, standing up and making her way toward the storage lockers in the corridor. “Oh my,” she said, her voice quiet but tinged with surprise, and something else… “Hanzo, I'm afraid this ship is only equipped with one space suit.” She walked back into the control room, holding a black, blue, and purple suit of some unidentifiable Galdrian material. Under her other arm, the Genjin held a preposterously large, bowl-like helmet attached to a dual oxygen tank. “You don't mind, do you?” Kirien asked, handing the suit and accessories to Hanzo.
 
What was running through the idiot Galdrian's head that came up with this getup? Hanzo wondered, staring dubiously at the unusual space suit. Having spent much of his life in space, the Saiyan warrior had seen his fair share of space suits from all over the universe. Most followed a common theme, but this Galdrian suit was ridiculously flashy. Leave it to those arrogant bastards to come up with a space suit design that's gaudy as well as maddeningly foolish…
 
“Come on now,” Kirien teased, a bright smile coming to her face for the first time since leaving the Earth. “Don't tell me you're too proud to wear it? The proud Saiyan warrior, reduced to purple spandex,” she continued with a musical laugh. “Fine then, you big baby. I'll go out and do the dirty work.” It was obvious that she was making fun of him.
 
“And let you take all the credit for disposing of that thing?” Hanzo asked, pointing to where Tempest's right leg lay in a corner of the control room. “Hardly. Never let it be said that a Saiyan was outdone by a woman,” Miura's brother said, flashing Kirien a cocky smirk. “Besides, you'd probably just mess things up anyway.” As he pulled his armored vest up over his head and prepared to remove his jumpsuit, Hanzo looked at Kirien with a raised eyebrow.
 
“Oh, please,” she responded, turning away and rolling her eyes. “Men.” She crossed her arms and tapped her foot impatiently as Hanzo changed, only turning back around when the Saiyan indicated that he was finished. “Very nice,” Kirien lied with a stifled laugh. Hanzo looked, of course, absolutely ridiculous. “Don't worry, I highly doubt that there's anyone out there to see you.” With that, Kirien ushered the embarrassed, purple-clad Saiyan to the airlock. “See you soon,” she said as the metal doorway slid closed, leaving Hanzo alone in space, attached to the ship by an uncomfortably thin cable.
 
Slowly, Hanzo descend the few yards that separated the surface of their chosen asteroid from the bottom of the Galdrian craft. Once he set down, the Saiyan warrior took a moment to take in the scenery. All around him, as far as the eye could see, the darkness of space was broken up by hundreds of thousands of spatial rocks, some barely larger than his hand, others the size of mountains.
 
Shining in the distance, Hanzo could faintly see the dim green sphere of what must be planet Iquela, the place of his birth. He took a few steps forward, Tempest's leg held firmly under his arm. The sight of Iquela brought a rush of memories, both good and bad, to Hanzo's mind. He remembered his father, and all the times that the two of them had spent in training, or hunting in Iquela's dense forests. The years before Pare had left him were times of happiness, but the sight of Iquela also brought back dark memories of his father's departure, his endless loneliness, and, his inevitable enslavement. The leg of Tempest fell from his grasp, and Hanzo spun around suddenly, hearing a faint laugh echoing behind him.
 
“It is quite beautiful, I must admit,” Kirien said as she floated to the ground behind Hanzo. Something about her seemed odd, and it took Hanzo a moment to comprehend what he was seeing: Kirien, standing before him, without a space suit. The Genjin woman's body glowed faintly with an aura of pulsing yellow energy, and Hanzo felt his blood suddenly run cold. “Is something wrong, Hanzo? You look shaken,” as Kirien spoke, her shining golden eyes narrowed to a glare of hatred that caught Hanzo completely off guard.
 
“But… How?” was all he could stammer as he backed away several paces, distancing himself from the glowing Genjin. “You should be dead; you aren't wearing a suit…” Hanzo's dark eyes were wide with shock, and he was too stunned to even try and put up a defense.
 
“Stupid Saiyan,” Kirien taunted as her shining aura of Genjin power flared suddenly brighter around her. “I don't need a space suit. Just one more reason why my people are superior and yours are, well… inferior.” The treacherous Genjin woman held one arm out before her, hand palm up. A ball of ki, no larger than a softball, appeared in the outstretched hand, and Kirien absently tossed it back and forth, from right hand to left, as she continued to approach Hanzo. “I'll make this quick, Hanzo. Consider it a `thank you' for helping Kalen and I defeat Tempest.”
 
Hanzo, his Saiyan training finally coming to fore, growled as he assumed a fighting stance. “Try it and die, Genjin bitch,” he snarled, preparing to power up in anticipation of a battle. “I'll not be brushed aside so easily, as you'll soon see…” His teeth clenched, and his muscles contracted as he prepared to call upon the power of a Super Saiyan.
 
“I wouldn't do that, if I were you,” Kirien chided, her golden eyes fixed into a glare.
 
“Oh? So does the power of an `inferior' being scare you then?” Hanzo retorted with his signature smirk. “Don't worry, I'll make this quick,” he added, mocking Kirien's earlier promise.
 
“So be it; power up all you want to,” the Genjin conceded, letting her small sphere of golden power disperse before her. “You'll simply be saving me the trouble of killing you.” Confusion flashed for a brief moment in Hanzo's eyes, and Kirien laughed as she continued. “You idiot! Do you really think that that flimsy little Galdrian suit will be able to contain your power? It isn't made to channel the clumsy, brute force of a Saiyan,” she said, shaking her head with amusement. “That space suit is only meant to be used with a more subtle, graceful energy. Galdrian energy…”
 
She's right, Hanzo admitted to himself as sweat crept down his face. If I were to power up at all in this thing, it'd most likely disintegrate. It just isn't made for all out combat! “Damn you!” he screamed, clenching his eyes shut and nearly shattering his helmet with the volume of his voice.
 
“So you see, you're dead no matter what,” the green-and-black armored woman said casually as she gathered energy for Hanzo's deathblow. “As I said, as a reward for helping us, I'll make sure that your death comes quickly!” Without warning, Kirien thrust her hand forward, launching an enormous bolt of sizzling energy toward Hanzo.
 
“So be it!” the Saiyan warrior shouted. “But I'll not go down without a fight!” That being said, Hanzo threw both of his arms out before him, firing off a blast of his own. Immediately, faced with so much raw power, his Galdrian space suit began to fall apart. No matter, he thought, feeling surprisingly calm. Please, little brother… Please be careful. And… Don't forget me.
 
Kirien's energy bolt, which was immeasurably more powerful than Hanzo's simple attack, easily cut through the smaller blast of shining blue ki. In the blink of an eye, Hanzo was engulfed by the Genjin's attack, and he was carried out into the distant reaches of space, his body decimated by the fury of Kirien's finishing blow.
 
Just before he was overwhelmed by darkness and pain, Hanzo's final thoughts were of his brother, and the unknown danger that awaited him upon his return to Earth…
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Clef fell to his knees.
 
They've killed them! he thought frantically. They've killed Trunks and Hanzo, and who knows what may have happened to Miura or Zellis since their last transmission… With scream of outrage, Clef buried his clenched fist into the ground before him, causing an eruption of dust and energy. Tears ran from the corners of his eyes, which were clenched shut as he tried to come up with some plan that would save Gabriel, Elysia, and himself from imminent destruction.
 
“Now, now, don't be that way, Clef,” a deceptively kind voice spoke from above the hopeless Namek. Kirien reached down and placed her hand gently under Clef's chin, slowly raising him to his feet. Clef opened his eyes, but found the rest of his body paralyzed with fear. Kirien moved her hand to softly stroke the green-skinned warrior's cheek. “You have nothing to worry about, my dear Clef,” Kirien continued, pulling her other hand back and purposefully clenching each finger individually into a solid, black-gloved fist. “I promise you, as I did Hanzo, that I will end your life quickly; a reward for you stalwart support against Tempest.” Clef's vision was suddenly clouded with pain as the Genjin woman's fist collided with his jaw, and he was sent careening backwards into the dilapidated dome of Capsule Corporation, which promptly collapsed atop him.
 
“You show more kindness than I, my love,” Kalen muttered, walking forward to stand beside Kirien. “I'm afraid that Trunks was in a great deal of pain, at the end…” He spoke this last comment with a smirk of clear satisfaction.
 
“Well, to each his own,” Kirien remarked brightly, slipping her arm through Kalen's and turning her attention to Gabriel and Elysia, who remained immobilized with disbelief. “You can have the princeling runt,” she told Kalen, her golden eyes alight with savage glee. “I claim Miura's Princess as my own.”
 
Kirien removed herself from Kalen's side and walked steadily toward Elysia, who had enough sense to pull away from Gabriel and assume a defensive position. Kirien only smiled at this and generated two spheres of golden light, one in each hand, in preparation for Elysia's demise.
 
“Arius will never forgive you for this,” Elysia growled, her voice full of wrath. “Even if you kill us, he'll still stop you, you must know that!” She moved back a few paces as Kirien stopped, flashing the Galdrian Princess a cold smile. Chills shot down Elysia's spine as she realized her life was at its end.
 
“My lovely Princess,” Kirien said calmly. “I have nothing to fear from Miura. If he tries to face me in battle, he'll be very sorry.” The Genjin's expression changed from one of serene confidence to a terrifyingly malicious grin. “Goodbye, Elysia!”
 
Kirien thrust both hands forward, releasing her dual blasts and kicking up a backlash of dust that nearly blinded her. The twin attacks merged into one single energy beam, which continued to course directly toward the trembling Princess. Before the shining, golden burst of power reached Elysia, Clef burst forth from his temporary tomb of stone and debris and, gathering energy as quickly as possible, launched a tremendous attack of his own. Clef's blue-white attack collided full force with Kirien's, knocking it slightly off course and saving Elysia from certain destruction.
 
Silence descended upon the battlefield. The sun began to set, flooding the remnants of West City with a magnificent pink and yellow light, which seemed entirely out of place, considering the deadly battles that had been waged all throughout the day. The air was thick with dust and energy, and a cold wind had begun to blow, kicking up small whirlwinds of debris. Clef, Gabriel, and Elysia stood close together, no longer in shock, but still unsure about what they could possibly do against their two Genjin enemies. Kalen and Kirien stood several yards away, their black cloaks blowing in the wind, bodies flickering slightly with yellow and green light. Finally, Gabriel broke the silence.
 
“How long?” he asked, narrowing his fiery red eyes. “How long have the two of you been planning all of this?” Clef nodded once, confirming that he too was curious, despite the gravity of the situation. Elysia remained silent, shaken after her earlier near-death experience.
 
“Long enough,” Kalen replied, crossing his arms over his chest. “That's not to say that our plan hasn't hit a few snags, mostly because of all of you, but, all in all, it's turned out alright.” A smile spread across his bearded face as he went on. “Actually, if Trunks and Hanzo hadn't stopped me from gathering Tempest's vessels on Tiris, Kirien and I would already be in control here.”
 
“Kalen was trying to find the pieces of Tempest in order to keep them under our watchful eyes,” Kirien went on, picking up where her partner had left off. “We knew that the only being in this universe strong enough to stop us was the mad god, so by neutralizing him as a threat, we had nothing to fear.” Her expression changed to one of annoyance, but only for a moment. “In short, we've had this in the works for a long, long time. Had Kalen not been so foolish as to ask the Hevans for permission to gather Tempest's remains all those years ago, we'd have owned this universe by now.” She turned a spiteful glare upon Kalen, who looked away meekly. Kirien continued.
 
“After nearly ten years had passed, I began to wonder if Kalen had somehow been killed,” the Genjin woman went on. “Luckily, at that same time, Galian wrested control of Galdria out from Emperor Gilliam's hands. It was a perfect opportunity for me.” The evil Genjin woman smiled before continuing. “When my father, Ardys, made it known that he was looking for a representative to make the journey through the rift to Galdria, I immediately volunteered. I was overjoyed to learn that my beloved Kalen was still alive and well,” she paused for a moment, lifting her hand to softly stroke Kalen's cheek. “Once we were reunited, we immediately put our plan back into action.”
 
“And all this time, you've just been playing us, manipulating us!” Elysia cried, clenching her fists in anger. “And now that we aren't necessary to you, you're simply going to kill us, after all we've done to help you?” Gabriel placed a restraining hand on his aunt's arm as she stepped forward. She turned and flashed the Galdrian Prince a cold glare, but made no effort to pull away from him.
 
“No, Princess,” Kalen responded. “All you need do is swear fealty to Kirien and I. All of you,” he added, gesturing toward Clef and Gabriel. “You have been a great help to us in securing this universe for our own. Without all of you, Tempest may have never been defeated, after all.”
 
“And did you give this same option to Trunks and Hanzo, before you killed them?!” Clef asked, his voice trembling with fear and outrage. “What the hell makes you think we'd ever serve you? This is our universe, not yours!” Clef looked back over his shoulder, nodding once to Gabriel, who returned the gesture. We aren't strong enough to beat the two of them, but, in reality, we don't have to… he thought. If we can hold them off long enough for Miura and Zellis to arrive, the five of us may have a chance to overpower them!
 
Instantly, Clef and Gabriel dashed toward their opponents, leaving trails of white and blue energy in their wakes. Kirien and Kalen showed no sign of surprise, and they simply assumed defensive positions as the Earth's defenders engaged them in hand to hand combat. As if on cue, all four warriors took to the sky, and the echoes from their heated struggle shook the decimated area of West City.
 
Clef found himself facing off against Kirien, who smiled slightly at each attempt the Namekian made to strike her. Everything Clef threw at the Genjin was either blocked or dodged, for Kirien had speed that outmatched even the last Namek's. With a roar of frustration, Clef pulled his right fist back, charging it with a stunning amount of energy. Kirien's eyes widened in shock, but only for a moment, and when Clef finally unleashed his furious attack, the beautiful Genjin woman simply faded from sight. Clef's power-laced strike cut through the slight afterimage that remained, and he spun around frantically, searching for any sign of his adversary. Before he could react, Clef found himself on the receiving end of a tremendous beam of flickering yellow ki, which crashed against his exhausted body and drove him mercilessly to the ground below.
 
Gabriel fared little better, for Kalen was fueled now by the desire to impress his beloved Kirien. As the two combatants struggled high above the city, Gabriel found himself filled with an odd sensation, one that he couldn't quite understand. It was as if his Power was frustrated, for no matter how hard he tried, the young Prince was unable to land any serious hits against Kalen. It seemed that, with or without the Heaven's Wrath, Gabriel was simply no match for the bearded Genjin criminal. Of course not, Dorian's son thought bitterly. I was a fool to think that I was so strong! The only reason that my Power worked so well against Tempest was because he feared it so much; Kalen has no concern at all! Gabriel's momentary distraction was all it took, and Kalen flew forward to lash out at him with a sudden combination of blows that sent the half-Galdrian crashing amidst the broken city below them.
 
“They're too strong,” Clef gasped as he knelt amid the ruins of West City, Elysia behind him and Gabriel standing on unsteady legs to his right. “They're just too strong for us…” A quick look at his young half-human ally proved that, even with his impressive Heaven's Wrath energy, Gabriel had found himself outmatched against Kalen. “We have to hold them off,” he whispered, almost to himself. “It shouldn't be much longer now…” On the eastern horizon, faint glimmers of light showed that dawn was fast approaching. If their calculations had all been correct, and if Miura and Zellis hadn't met with any unexpected surprises of their own, help would be coming in a few short hours…
 
Once again, after only a brief respite, Gabriel and Clef leapt into action, engaging the two Genjin traitors in a savage storm of combat. This time, the two heroes refused to be separated, and they faced Kalen and Kirien together, each watching the other's back. As the battle raged on, Clef and Gabriel found themselves pushed to the limit in a way that they had never expected to be again, not since Tempest's defeat. Their black-and-green-clad Genjin opponents, though, also continued to increase their own power and speed, constantly staying ahead of Clef and Gabriel, refusing to let up even a little. It was obvious that, despite their courageous effort, Gabriel and his Namekian ally would not be able to hold out much longer.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Elysia watched.
 
The pink-eyed Princess stood rooted to the ground, fists clenched so hard that her nails dug deep into her palms. Small trickles of blood ran between her fingers to drip ominously to the battle-scarred ground, forming small crimson pools. Her wide eyes never left the tempest of conflict before her, though eventually no forms could be made out amidst the roiling, violent storm of flashing energy. The sun reached its zenith overhead, its light obscured by darkening clouds. In the distance, lightning split the sky, accompanied by the far off rumble of thunder.
 
What can I do? she wondered, flinching each time she heard one of her friends cry out from within the tumultuous storm of power. I want to help them, but what good would it do? I'm not strong enough; I'd only be in their way. The Princess of Galdria suddenly cried out in alarm as Clef burst out from the display of energy that had engulfed the city-turned-battlefield. The Namek hit the ground hard, sliding through the dirt to stop at Elysia's feet, trembling with pain, coils of smoke drifting up from his scorched body.
 
“My God, Clef, let me help you!” Elysia said softly, snapping out of her momentary daze. As she knelt beside her suffering companion, the storm of energy exploded outward, knocking her off her feet and blinding her with a flash of light that even the bright midday sun would envy.
 
When her vision finally cleared, Elysia made out the still form of Clef lying several feet away. She crawled toward him, her body flooded with pain. He's still breathing, barely, she internalized, focusing as much of her healing energy as she could. Just hang on, Clef… A faint pink light enveloped the unconscious Namekian's body, growing brighter by the second until—
 
“That will be enough of that,” Kirien's cold-edged voice whispered into Elysia's ear. The bronze-skinned Genjin woman grabbed the speechless Princess by her short, dark hair, hauling her painfully to her feet. “We can't have you undoing all of our hard work now, can we?” Kirien asked, easily fending off Elysia's weak blows of self-defense. “A healer; what do you think of that, Kalen?”
 
“I should have remembered,” he responded, standing off to the side, his foot planted firmly on Gabriel's back. The motionless half-breed lay face down on the ground, all traces of his Heaven's Wrath energy gone. “Before you returned here with de Galdri, that little wench was using her powers to heal the others who had been beaten by Tempest.” He stepped away from Gabriel to walk toward the two women. Stopping before them, he took Elysia's chin in his black-gloved hand, turning her head from side to side as if examining her. “A useful ability, to be sure.”
 
“Don't you touch her!”
 
Kalen looked to his left, his eyes widening in shock as a sphere of crackling amethyst energy exploded in his face, knocking him back, away from the restrained Princess. Another blast, followed by several more, tore across the decimated city, drilling the black-hearted Genjin fugitive mercilessly into one of the remaining, decrepit buildings of West City.
 
Kirien, who still held her firm grip on Elysia's hair, jumped back to avoid the volley, eliciting a cry of sharp pain from the Galdrian Princess. Sensing that this was her best chance for escape, Elysia pulled suddenly forward, ignoring the tearing pain in the back of her head. Kirien tried to tighten her grip, but it was too late; the pink-eyed young woman staggered away, and the treacherous Genjin found herself with nothing but a handful of bloody, raven-black hair.
 
Elysia reached a tentative hand back, pulling it away quickly when she felt the warm moisture of blood. Her exploring fingers had brushed against the fresh wound left by Kirien, and she bit her lip to stifle a cry of pain. Tears welled up in her eyes, and her vision blurred as she nearly passed out. A pair of arms reached for her, catching her and holding her upright before she fell to the unyielding ground. Through eyes clouded with pain, Elysia looked up into a face she knew as well as her own.
 
Miura's body trembled with barely concealed rage as he held her close, his intense purple eyes locked on the frustratingly calm Kirien. His shoulder-length dark hair was tussled by a sudden breeze, though no wind blew through the ruined city. The zephyr that coursed around the crossbreed former Hunter held a faint tinge of amethyst light, which cast an eerie glow upon Miura's furious countenance. Standing to his right, Elysia could see Zellis, clad in her tattered old Hunter cloak, an expression of complete confusion marring her delicate features.
 
“You've made it back,” Kirien stated, her lips stretching into a thin smile. “What a pleasant surprise. You'll have to forgive Kalen and me,” she said as the bearded Genjin fighter erupted upward from the ruins of his temporary tomb. “We hadn't expected either of you to return so quickly… Or, rather, your stubborn friends seem to have stalled us for longer than I'd intended.” Kalen, covered in dust and shaking small stones and pieces of debris from his hair, came to stand before his coconspirator.
 
As Miura continued to glare daggers at Kirien, he felt a sudden tug from somewhere within his mind. Strange, he thought, willing himself to lash out, somehow, at the treacherous woman. Gently moving Elysia aside, Miura took a single step toward the former Genjin ambassador, feeling an uncomfortable tingling sensation rush through his entire body. What is—
 
“Kirien, what are you doing?” Zellis asked somberly, interrupting Miura's ruminations. “I… I don't understand what's happening here…” Zellis' small hands were clenched into tight fists, and her slight body shuddered momentarily with emotion barely held in check. Driving all sorrow from her thoughts, the Galdrian noblewoman's emerald eyes flashed with anger as she stepped forward, holding a clenched fist before her accusingly. “What's going on?!”
 
The two Galdrian nobles had arrived only moments before, and had decided to land just outside the city, keeping their power levels hidden. From space, before even entering the Earth's atmosphere, Miura and his adopted-sister had felt something terribly wrong on the planet's surface. Using the advanced Capsule Corporation scanning technology that their spherical ship had been equipped with, the former Hunters had discovered a battle underway, though who was fighting who was not apparent to them at that time. After departing the vessel, Zellis and Miura had silently and stealthily made their way deep into West City, or, as they soon discovered, what was left of West City.
 
“Mi…ura… Zellis,” a pain-wracked, trembling voice said softly from off to the warriors' left. Clef, severely injured after his conflict against the two Genjins, slowly crawled forward, trying to reach the two siblings. “They've been… working… together this whole time!” The bloodied and broken Namek paused for a moment, his body wracked by coughs which ended with him spitting out a tremendous amount of thick, purple blood. “Hanzo… and Trunks… they're dead, Miura… We've all… played right into their… plans... I—”
 
“Enough of this,” Kirien muttered, pointing one black-gloved hand toward the suffering Namek. Before Miura or Zellis could react, a bolt of sizzling yellow energy erupted from the palm of Kirien's hand, coursing through the air toward Clef. The blast struck with a concussion of power and sound, shaking the ground and decimating several more ramshackle buildings in the process. When the smoke cleared, there was nothing left of Clef, the last Namek.
 
Miura was speechless, and as his thoughts turned to the vengeance he would take upon Kirien, a sudden, monstrous spasm of pain tore through his body. The former Emperor of Galdria fell to his hands and knees, his eyes wide and bloodshot, mouth hanging open in a silent scream of agony. A cold sweat broke out on his forehead, and as Zellis and Elysia knelt to examine their suffering companion, they found his body quaking uncontrollably.
 
“You see, Kalen my love,” Kirien said sweetly, slipping her arm around the slightly disheveled Genjin criminal. “I told you. We have nothing to fear from Miura, or any of his friends…”
 
“Yes,” Kalen replied, readying himself for an all out assault against the two newly-arrived fighters. “De Galdri is powerless to stop us.”
 
To be continued…
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
In the conclusion of “Dragon Ball: Chaotic Future”:
 
Miura, Zellis, Elysia, and an injured Gabriel face off against the treacherous Genjins Kalen and Kirien. Victory may lie ahead, but will Miura and the others be willing to pay the ultimate price?
 
Dragon Ball: Chaotic Future
Chapter 36
Genjin Saga, Part VI
“Final Conflict.”
 
 
 
“DRAGON BALL: CHAOTIC FUTURE” CAN ALSO BE FOUND AT FANFICTION.NET, POJO.COM, AND DBZDIMENSION.COM
 
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE “CHAOTIC FUTURE” HOMEPAGE AT:
WWW.FREEWEBS.COM/CHAOTICFUTURE