Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Ball: Chaotic Future ❯ Chapter 34: Assault ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I DO NOT OWN DRAGON BALL Z OR ANY RACES, PLANETS, OR CHARACTERS RELATED TO IT. GALDRIA, HEVA, TIRIS, IQUELA, MIURA, ZELLIS, SETH, CLEF, HANZO, TWILIGHT AND ALL RELATED CHARACTERS, RACES, OR PLANETS WERE ALL CREATED BY ME.
 
 
Dragon Ball:
Chaotic Future
 
CHAPTER 34
 
Genjin Saga, Part IV
Assault.
 
 
 
Something's wrong…
 
Clef watched the coming storm, unconcerned by the pelting rain that drenched him to the skin. Ragged bolts of lightning tore across the raging sky, illuminating the ruins of West City in sudden, momentary flashes of eerie light. From his position atop the once-great dome of Capsule Corporation, the Namekian could see for miles in all directions, and this storm showed no signs of ending soon. Another flash of lightning flooded the remains of the devastated city, and Clef sighed in dismay as he took in the sight of it.
 
Tempest had certainly been busy during his time on Earth, if West City and the surrounding areas were any indication. Destruction lay in all directions, and the people of Earth had once again taken to living in hidden shelters, underground bunkers, and mass communes, even now that the mad god had been defeated. If Bulma was to be believed, the damage that had been done here by Tempest overshadowed everything that the two androids could have ever hoped to accomplish.
 
It was only natural, then, for the people to feel so afraid…
 
The green-skinned fighter pulled up the hood of his long black cloak, shivering from more than the rain and cold. He just couldn't shake the feeling that… That something has gone terribly, terribly wrong… Miura and Zellis had sent a transmission to Bulma, confirming that their part in the plan had gone off without a hitch, and that they would be arriving on Earth within the week. Dorian, whose journey to Galdria would still take several more days, had also sent a message stating that, thus far, everything on his end appeared to be quiet. The others, however, had yet to make contact. Kirien and Hanzo should have, by now, successfully placed the right leg of Tempest somewhere within the Iquelan asteroid belt, unless of course their ship hadn't been fast enough to avoid destruction amidst the ever-shifting “sea” of spatial debris. The mad god's left leg, under the care of Trunks and Kalen, should have been deposited on the dead planet Namek by this time, too; but no confirmation transmission had been received from the two of them either…
 
And, after what Gabriel and I experienced on Tiris, I have the feeling that we're in for a storm ourselves… The encounter with the mysterious cyborgs on the Hevan moon, and their mention of a strange man who had ordered them to ambush the two travelers had greatly disturbed Clef, and the Namekian had already came up with a possible theory of his own. He was, of course, unwilling to voice his thoughts to anyone but Gabriel, but the half-Galdrian had seen the wisdom behind Clef's assumption, and had readily agreed with him. It all boiled down to one thing:
 
Kalen could not be trusted…
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Clef, Bulma, Elysia, and Gabriel watched the radar intently.
 
It had been nearly a week since Gabriel and Clef had returned to Earth after their mission, and now, finally, it looked like they would be joined by some more of their companions. A ship was steadily nearing Earth, and from the direction it was approaching from, it was most likely the Capsule ship that had been taken to Namek by Trunks and Kalen. A sense of foreboding had descended upon the deeply hidden, underground laboratory that Bulma kept below the Capsule Corporation building, and the feeling only intensified as the approaching ship closed down all of its communication channels after Bulma had attempted to hail it. The silence was heavy, and the three companions were on edge; the tension was so thick it was nearly tangible.
 
“Bulma,” Gabriel spoke into the ominous silence. “I think… I think you should evacuate anyone who may still be living here in the city.” From the corner of his eye, the young Galdrian Prince saw Clef nod acquiescence as he placed his hand on the startled woman's shoulder.
 
“Evacuate? But… But why?” she stammered, her teal eyes wide with confusion. “You don't think that something's wrong? Not really, do you?” She stood slowly to her feet, her body trembling slightly as she was supported by Clef. “But Trunks… Trunks is on that ship…”
 
“It may be nothing, but just in case, we need you to get everyone out of the area,” Gabriel said softly, so as not to alarm the poor woman, who was obviously near her breaking point after everything that had happened lately. If anything's happened to Trunks… Gabriel pushed the though from his mind immediately. Trunks is one of the most powerful fighters I've ever met; if Kalen did try to pull anything, I'm sure he could handle it. “Bulma, we just don't want to put the people here at any more risk than we have to, okay?”
 
“I think that Gabriel is right, Bulma,” Elysia said softly. “It's probably nothing, of course, but we have to put the people of this city first…” It's probably nothing… Even as Elysia said it, she couldn't bring herself to believe it, and she knew that something had gone very wrong. “Come on,” she pressed, taking Bulma by the hand and leading her out of the hidden lab. The Galdrian Princess cast one quick look back at Clef and Gabriel, but both warriors were intently watching the radar as the Capsule ship continued to approach. With a sigh, she followed Bulma up the stairs.
 
Elysia and Bulma immediately left the lab and headed up to the higher levels of the building. After gathering some things, Vegeta's widow and the Princess of Galdria quickly left Capsule Corporation, gathering any of the city's inhabitants that they could find and warning them of the possible coming disaster. Before finally leaving the city, Bulma turned and took one last look at her home, feeling—not for the first time—like she'd never see the place again…
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
They watched.
 
The Capsule ship looked like nothing so much as a streak of light in the dimming evening sky as it broke through the Earth's atmosphere. Clef and Gabriel, both prepared for the worst, stood silently atop the ruined dome of Capsule Corporation, the remnants of West City eerily still around them. After raging for days, the storm had finally ceased, and the day had been deceivingly calm, which made the possibility of coming battle seem all the more surreal.
 
“It won't be long now, will it?” Gabriel asked as a slight breeze stirred his long, Galdrian-style robes. The young warrior's energy saber hung from a sash at his waist, and his hand rested lightly upon its hilt. When no answer was forthcoming from Clef, Gabriel turned his piercing blue eyes back to the sky, where the spherical spacecraft could be seen approaching.
 
“Prepare yourself, Gabriel,” Clef murmured, his voice barely more than a whisper. The last Namek was clad, as he had been for nearly every battle throughout the last year, in a suit of custom-made black and white Saiyan armor, provided for him by Bulma. “You feel it too, don't you?” For a moment, Gabriel was unsure of what his friend meant, but, as the ship continued its approach, the Prince of Galdria felt something distinctly… wrong.
 
“One,” Gabriel whispered with a nod. “I only sense… I only sense one power level on that ship, Clef… And it isn't Trunks!” Seemingly without any movement, Gabriel's saber was suddenly in his hand, its fiery white blade flaring to life with a flash of power. “You were right… You were right all along!” An eruption of white-hot Power exploded around Gabriel as he leapt high into the air, streaking off through the sky toward the approaching spacecraft before Clef could stop him.
 
Gabriel's scream of anger echoed throughout the remains of West City, shaking many of the dilapidated buildings to their crumbling foundations. Higher and higher into the sky the Heaven's Wrath-empowered Galdrian flew, making straight for the Capsule ship with his iridescent weapon held out before him offensively. Then, finally, contact was made as Dorian's son, with a shout of exertion, swung his burning white energy saber downward, its blade extending by a tremendous amount as it cleaved the approaching ship cleanly in two. The two halves of the Capsule ship exploded harmlessly around Gabriel, whose body was enveloped within a protective shell of Heaven's Wrath Power.
 
Clef, who had followed Gabriel into the air, was forced to shield his eyes from the combined light of the explosion and the intense aura of Power that hovered around his half-Galdrian ally. The warrior from Namek clenched his teeth as waves of heat passed over and around him, and the ashy remains of Bulma's ship fell flaming to the ground below, setting many of the ramshackle buildings ablaze. Suddenly a huge power level sprang into being just behind the stunned Namek, who whirled around immediately, his body reflexively assuming a defensive stance.
 
“So the two of you were expecting me,” Kalen said with a smirk, his body surrounded by a flickering nimbus of green Genjin power. “Too bad, I was hoping to `get the jump on you,' as they say.” With a wave of his hand, the sinister Genjin sent a barrage of dark energy rushing toward Clef, who barely managed to dodge aside at the last minute as he ascended higher into the air, hoping to put some distance between himself and his adversary.
 
“What have you done!?” Clef shouted as an aura of blue-white ki took shape around his trembling body. “Where is Trunks!?” Kalen merely floated up until he was level with Clef, though he kept his distance as the last Namek continued to power up.
 
“Where is Trunks…?” Kalen mocked, tilting his head to the side and rubbing his beard as if in deep thought. “I can't be sure, of course,” the green-and-black-clad Genjin continued, raising one eyebrow, “but I think that, probably, whatever may be left of him is lying somewhere on Namek.” He nodded once and snapped his fingers, casting a wicked smile at Clef. “Yes, his remains would most certainly be on Namek.”
 
“You killed him!” Gabriel cried, flickering into existence just beside Clef, his body now firmly under the control of the Heaven's Wrath, white robes and all. The half-Galdrian narrowed his now-red eyes, holding his saber before him in preparation for an attack. “What could you be thinking, Kalen? When the others get here, you're done for, you have to see that!”
 
Kalen snorted, seemingly unconcerned by Gabriel's awesome power. “And what have I to fear from the others, huh?” he asked, crossing his arms over his chest. “Rest assured, princeling, that the `others' have been well taken care of, though I must have obviously underestimated the two of you… I was so sure that those cyborgs would be able to finish you off.” He stopped for a moment as if lost in thought before continuing once again. “Or, rather, perhaps I overestimated them…”
 
“So it was you who sent them to Tiris,” Clef stated, clenching his teeth in rage. If he did have someone ready to kill Gabriel and I, could he have staged something similar for Kirien and Hanzo? The thought caused Clef to gasp in shock, for if something had happened to Miura's half-brother and the Genjin ambassador—two of the strongest fighters in this universe—then perhaps Kalen really didn't have anything to fear. But what about Zellis and Miura…
 
“You lie,” Gabriel snarled. “We've already received confirmation from Miura and Zellis, and they're on their way back here, so even if something has happened to Hanzo and Kirien, Miura alone should be more than enough to finish you off,” the half-Galdrian declared, voicing Clef's silent thought. “Even if you beat us, even if you manage to flee the planet, Miura will never stop hunting you.”
 
“And what makes you think that I have anything at all to fear from Miura?” Kalen shot back, his grey-green eyes filled with amusement. “If that mutt tries to fight me, he'll be in for quite a surprise, I assure you.” As if finally tiring of this interplay, Kalen suddenly called upon even more power, filling the sky with a display of light and energy that nearly rivaled even Tempest's maddening strength. “Enough talk!” he shouted, dashing toward his two opponents, a sphere of emerald-colored ki in either hand.
 
Clef and Gabriel leapt into action, each of them flying to the side, away from each other, forcing Kalen to choose his target rather than facing both of them at once. The traitorous Genjin focused his attention of Clef, and with a shout of rage he discharged both attacks in the Namekian's direction. The two separate beams joined together as they spiraled toward Clef, who floated some distance away, prepared to meet Kalen's assault head on. As the powerful attack neared, Clef raised both of his hands over his head, generating a pulsing blue light which he immediately fired off by thrusting his arms forward. The blindingly bright blue attack made contact with Kalen's own blast, and the ensuing explosion of light and power caught everyone off guard.
 
Kalen shielded his eyes as waves of energy-backlash broke over him, forcing him to drop to the ground, where he remained in a defensive position until the tumult caused by the converging blasts finally died down. He was about to breath a sigh of relief when, to his absolute surprise, a powerful fist struck his jaw, followed shortly after by a ridiculously fast combination of blows that kept him off balance. Gabriel pressed his advantage until, finally, Kalen found the pattern to the Galdrian's assault. Before the fugitive Genjin could exploit this, however, Clef bore down on him from behind, forcing him to defend on both sides.
 
Damn them! Kalen furiously thought, narrowly avoiding a horizontal slash by Gabriel only to be caught in the side by Clef's well-placed knee. So, they think that two-on-one will give them the advantage, huh? Time to give them the shock of their lives… Suddenly Genjin power exploded around Kalen, leveling the surrounding buildings and sending tremors of pain throughout Clef and Gabriel's bodies. As the two heroes attempted to regain their senses, Kalen went on the offensive, this time singling Gabriel out.
 
Dorian's son was still dazed by Kalen's sudden power surge, but his body, seemingly of its own volition, met the evil Genjin warrior head on. The Heaven's Wrath had obviously decided that, with Tempest now locked away, Kalen must be the direst threat to Gabriel's existence. It was probably right. All of the substantial Power that had been granted to the young half-breed during his encounters with the mad god now flowed through him once again, filling his body with so much energy that it actually hurt. Yet, as he went blow for blow against his Genjin enemy, somewhere deep inside, Gabriel—or rather the Heaven's Wrath—felt elated, for here was an opponent that could actually be destroyed: despite his impressive power, Kalen was no god.
 
That's it, child, Kalen mentally taunted. I'm all yours, there's no way that I can defeat someone as mighty as you, is there? Your precious Power will protect you, won't it? Kalen grinned maniacally as he ducked under a lightning fast slash from Gabriel's saber, and he purposefully staggered back a bit, hoping to inflate the young half-human's ego just a little more. With the Heaven's Wrath behind you, you're invincible… Hardly! As Gabriel closed in for what he intended to be his killing blow, Kalen shot forward, focusing nearly all of his considerable strength into one bone-crushing uppercut. With a sound rivaling even the loudest thunderclap, his fist crashed into Gabriel's abdomen, eliciting not only the sweet music of breaking bones, but also an oh-so-satisfying cry of agony. The ground under the warriors' feet splintered and broke away as Kalen ground his fist deeper into Gabriel's stomach, lifting the young fighter completely off his feet. The Galdrian Prince's eyes went dim, and the burning Power of the Heaven's Wrath seemed to flee instantly when Gabriel's energy saber fell from limp fingers to the ground at his feet.
 
“You see,” Kalen said, leaning forward to whisper menacingly into Gabriel's ear. “You see, all that wonderful strength that you possess doesn't make one bit of difference if your body and mind are overcome with some instant physical shock.” With a flick of his arm, Kalen tossed the silent Gabriel aside, where he landed harshly upon the broken ground. “And one well-placed hit, strong enough to break both body and mind, is all it really takes. Yes, I watched your battles against Tempest, and even though he was terribly afraid of that Power of yours, all it ever took was one good strike and you were finished, boy.”
 
“Gabriel!” Clef screamed as he appeared behind Kalen and lashed out with a thunderous high kick, obviously meant to remove the Genjin's head from his shoulders. Kalen easily caught the Namekian's ankle, and he held Clef's leg motionless for a moment before lifting him overhead and tossing him to the side. Clef landed nimbly on his feet, grunting in exertion as an aura of crackling blue light sprang up around him. “You won't make it off this planet alive,” he vowed, clenching his fists as he took up a fighting stance.
 
“And if Trunks and Gabriel were unable to stop me, Namek, what makes you think that you're up to the task?” Kalen taunted as more and more power built up around him, filling the air around both fighters with a nearly tangible amount of dark energy. “I was able to put both of them down quite easily, and you're nowhere near as powerful as they were.”
 
“Ah, but you're forgetting one very important thing, Kalen,” Clef retorted with a humorless smile. “I don't have to beat you. I only have to keep you busy until Miura and the others get here.” With a cry of anger, Clef's shining blue aura doubled in size, and waves of wind and power coursed around him as his body reached its limit. “And I assure you, Genjin,” Clef continued, his voice full of wrath, “that I am more than up to that task!”
 
The Saiyan-armored Namekian was upon Kalen almost instantaneously, and the Genjin warrior found himself once again on the receiving end of an endless stream of attacks. Unlike Gabriel, and much to Kalen's vexation, Clef refused to let his assault fall into any kind of pattern, and he kept his onslaught varied. Blow after blow connected, forcing Kalen back, and though there wasn't really enough power behind Clef's attacks to seriously injure the Genjin, the frequency with which his strikes connected more than made up for it. On the few occasions where Kalen was actually able to get off an attack of his own, Clef easily dodged or blocked the strike with a speed that his Genjin enemy found entirely unbelievable.
 
He's not as powerful as either Gabriel or Trunks, Kalen thought as he frantically tried, unsuccessfully, to avoid another flurry of attacks. But he's a much better fighter than both of them! The other two let their power go to their head's, they thought themselves too strong to be defeated; but Clef has no such delusions… And this speed, it's unreal, even for a Namek! It was then that Clef overextended himself after a failed right hook meant for Kalen's jaw, and the Genjin wasted no time exploiting his opponent's moment of weakness. Quickly, his fist glowing brightly with Genjin power, Kalen dropped into a crouch and thrust upward, hoping to cave in Clef's chest. Got him! the fugitive from Genji thought gleefully. His glee, however, soon turned to unveiled shock.
 
Clef, despite his earlier mistake, had somehow managed to twist aside, avoiding Kalen's deadly strike. A white-gloved hand shot out, catching Kalen's wrist and wrenching the Genjin to his feet. Kalen, now blinded by rage, used his free hand to throw another punch, which Clef easily caught, his movements faster than even Kalen's eyes could follow.
 
“How?” the Genjin warrior asked, his grey-green eyes wide with disbelief. His earlier expression of smug superiority was now gone, replaced instead with obvious discomfort, and, perhaps, fear as well. Try as he might, Kalen couldn't free himself from Clef's vice-like grip, and the Namekian grinned in amusement as his enemy struggled within his grasp.
 
“How?” Clef repeated, bringing his leg up to block a sudden attempt by Kalen to knee him in the ribs. “I'd of thought that you, being so superior and all, would've been able to figure that one out by yourself.” Kalen's widened even more, and he cried out as he fired off a shot of energy from them, which Clef simply tilted his head to avoid. “Kalen, I've spent the last year and more fighting a god. You'd be amazed at how much faster your reflexes and sharper your vision can get from facing off against someone whose most basic movements bordered on precognition.” Kalen gave a start as he realized what Clef meant, and the Namek continued. “You're definitely stronger than me, I'll admit, but your movements… They're sloppy, and slow. Every time you try to hit me, it's like I'm watching you in slow motion.”
 
Damn him, but he's right! Kalen frantically thought as he continued to struggle against Clef's hold. I have to get out of this, now! Channeling as much power as he was willing to use, Kalen screamed in defiance, flexing his arms and pulling back as Clef clenched his teeth, struggling to hold on. Finally though, as a nimbus of gleaming emerald energy flowed around Kalen, Clef was forced to release the Genjin, who stumbled back clumsily as he was let go. Clef, still determined to stall Kalen for as long as possible, went on the offensive.
 
The fearless Namekian leapt toward Kalen, scoring his first solid hit against the traitorous warrior. Kalen reeled back, his vision obscured by a multitude of flashing lights as Clef pulled his fist back for a second strike. Glowing blue ki sprang up around the green-skinned combatant, and Kalen cried out as his energy-laced punch collided full force with the Genjin's face. Kalen was sent flying backwards to crash into an already-unstable building, which came crashing down on the black-cloaked warrior upon impact.
 
Alright, don't let up now, Clef reminded himself as he began to focus more energy into the palms of his white-gloved hands. The air around the armored Namekian became tinged with a faint blue hue, bathing the surrounding city in a disconcerting azure light. Now! he shouted within his own mind as he unleashed a barrage of energy blasts toward the ruined building. Each attack detonated on impact, shaking the unstable city and causing many more of the ravaged homes and buildings collapse from the sound alone. Before he depleted himself too much, Clef ceased his onslaught and waited a moment to catch his breath.
 
A moment was all he was going to get, however, as Kalen immediately burst forth from the decimated ruins, his cloak smoking and in tatters, his black and green armor scored and cracked in many places. The Genjin wasted no time in engaging with his opponent, but blinded as he was by rage, Kalen was even more unable to land a successful strike against Clef, exhausted or not. And for every unsuccessful attack by Kalen, Clef countered with a solid, power-laden blow of his own. He may not have been as strong as Kalen, but Clef was obviously getting the better of the enraged Genjin.
 
I have to do something! Kalen thought, gasping in pain as Clef's knee crashed suddenly into his chin. Kalen shook off his momentary shock, but still he found himself being slowly overwhelmed by his Namekian opponent. I have to calm down, he realized. I'll never be able to beat him right now, blinded as I am by futile anger! Then, a sinister idea came to him, and he smirked to himself despite having just taken a punishing blow to the jaw. Blinded…
 
“You seem distracted, traitor,” Clef taunted as he unleashed a savage backhand that knocked Kalen to the ground, apparently senseless. I can't keep this up much longer, he admitted to himself as he paused a moment to gasp for air. Fighting at this fast a pace is taking its toll on me; I'm using way too much energy… “Well, are you ready to give up yet?” he asked, praying in the back of his mind that Kalen would somehow see the foolishness of his ways. Slowly, cautiously, Clef took a few tentative steps forward to where Kalen lay face down on the ground, his body shaking as he, too, gasped for breath. “Well?” Clef repeated.
 
“Well…” Kalen muttered, digging his fingers into the earth as he clenched his fists. “I…” Suddenly the Genjin spun around, thrusting his now-open right hand at Clef as he jumped to his feet. In that split second, Clef readied himself for what was most certainly some new attack generated by Kalen; instead, he cried out in disbelief as a handful of dirt and dust hit him directly in the face, clogging his nose, mouth, and, most importantly, his eyes. The blow from Kalen that followed caved Clef's nose completely in, further distorting his vision with flashing lights, not to mention inflicting a tremendous amount of pain. The Namek staggered back, spitting an unbelievable amount of dark purple blood and shaking his head in a futile attempt to clear his ruined vision.
 
“Not so smug now, are you Namek?” Kalen taunted, driving his fist into Clef's stomach and shattering his Saiyan armor. Holding his injured abdomen, the valiant Namekian fell to his knees, his face a mess of dirt and blood. “You should be very proud of yourself, though,” Kalen continued, delivering a spinning kick to the side of Clef's battered head that sent him crashing to the ground several feet away. “Not even Trunks, or Gabriel either for that matter, did so well against me.” He leapt high into the air, only to come crashing down on top of Clef, burying his foot in the injured Namek's torso. As Clef screamed in agony, Kalen smiled as he slowly twisted his foot, driving it deeper and deeper. “Now, though, its time to finish this, my old friend.” Before Kalen could make another move, however, a bolt of white-hot energy washed over his back, stunning him and causing him to stagger forward, away from Clef.
 
“Get away from him,” Gabriel shouted, his right arm still outstretched from the blast, his left held firmly across his broken ribs. His long hair, now snow-white from the Heaven's Wrath energy that coursed through him, was stirred by a faint breeze, and his blood-red eyes narrowed in wrath as he stared Kalen down. A small trickle of blood ran from the corner of his mouth. “You should have made sure I was finished, because now I'm going to tear you apart!”
 
“Bring it on!” Kalen shouted back, his body engulfed in an aura of flaming Genjin energy. As his power level continued to rise, Gabriel soon realized that Kalen was much, much stronger than he had at first let on. “Let's see how well you do now, boy! Now that I'm holding nothing back!” The two ran towards each other, and when they clashed, Gabriel knew with dread certainty that he was out matched.
 
Kalen, though not substantially more powerful than Gabriel, was the most powerful opponent that the Galdrian Prince had ever encountered, other than Tempest. And, unlike the mad god, Kalen was not paralyzed with fear when facing the Heaven's Wrath. To the Genjin, Gabriel's power up was no different, in theory, than the Super Saiyan transformation used by Hanzo and Trunks. Strength, speed, and endurance were all enhanced, but you were essentially fighting the same person. And people, no matter how powerful, fell into patterns or, better yet, made mistakes.
 
Kalen grinned as he and Gabriel rose into the air, locked in deadly combat. And it's only a matter of time before my young friend here makes a mistake…
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Clef staggered to his feet.
 
Something had caught his attention, a sound heard faintly over the din of combat. Something distant… It sounded like a… A ship? Looking up, Clef saw only the intense battle being fought between Gabriel and the Genjin, and he prepared to take to the air to assist his overmatched ally. Before he could do so, however, he doubled over, crying out in pain as he spat out a mouthful of purple blood. The ground rushed up at him, but before he fell completely, a pair of arms encircled him and carefully helped him back up to his feet. He looked up, and despite his blurred vision he saw two shining pink eyes looking up at him.
 
“Elysia, what the hell are you doing here?” he asked, perhaps a little harsher than he'd intended. “You have to get away, Kalen will kill you!” He pulled away from the Princess' grasp, and almost fell flat on his face as he did so. Once again Elysia reached out for him, and this time, he felt a strange, soothing warmth creep through his broken body.
 
“Have you forgotten, Clef?” Elysia's voice sounded strangely distant, and her eyes had become clouded. “Have you forgotten that I have the power to heal? Just give me a moment, and I'll do what I can to help you…” The Princess' soft voice trailed off, and her now-glowing hands began to explore Clef's battered body, stopping when they found a particularly damaged spot. A tingling sensation followed, and when the particular area was repaired, Elysia's hands would seek out their next target. “I can't heal you completely, unfortunately, but I hope that the strength I give you now will be enough.” Eventually Elysia's searching hands reached Clef's watering eyes, and as she applied pressure, the Namekian could feel the pain simply drifting away.
 
“Elysia,” Clef said, halting the Princess' continuing operation. He reached up to take hold of her hands, carefully pulling them away. As he opened his eyes, he was relieved to find his vision no longer obscured.
 
The young woman standing before him was barely recognizable as Miura's fiancée, and if it weren't for her piercingly bright pink eyes, Clef would not have thought such a transformation was possible. The Galdrian Princess was clad in the same skintight, black jumpsuit that Clef wore, and even he was forced to admit that Elysia's lovely body was displayed to very good affect. Her raven hair, which had grown longer during her stay here on Earth, had been cut short again, and it hung just above her shoulders. It was her expression, though, that caught Clef off guard more than her general appearance. Elysia's face was a mask of determination that the Namek had never seen on her before, and her eyes held a flame that threatened to scorch anything in her path.
 
“Elysia,” Clef repeated, gently pushing the young woman away. “I thank you, but you cannot stay here. It's too—” Before he could finish his statement, Gabriel crashed into the ground between them, knocking both Clef and Elysia back several feet to where they landed harshly, having lost their footing. Kalen floated down at a much more leisurely pace. The Genjin, whose lips were twisted into a self-satisfied smirk, opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by a sudden flash of light in the sky above.
 
There, floating silently, was the small Galdrian cruiser that had borne Hanzo and Kirien to the Iquelan asteroid belt. Clef, Gabriel, and Elysia, despite their various pains, couldn't help but smile as the small ship descended, landing carefully several yards away. The three companions stood to their feet, slowly, and made their way towards each other, leaning on one another for support. Kalen stood off to the side, his body shining with Genjin power, his expression strangely relaxed.
 
The lights died down, the nearly-silent engine ceased its quiet hum. And, agonizingly slowly, the small hatch on the side began lower. But, before it had even fully opened, a sense of dread descended upon Clef, Gabriel, and Elysia. This sudden feeling of discomfort only increased when the ramp extended outward, and footsteps could be heard from deep inside. Finally, feeling their stomachs twist, the three defenders of Earth realized why they had felt so uneasy.
 
Kirien, alone, exited the ship…
 
 
To be continued…
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
In the next chapter:
 
With their conspiracy finally revealed, Kirien and Kalen proceed to eradicate any and all opposition to their power. Will the arrival of Miura and Zellis turn the balance? And what fate has befallen Hanzo?
 
Dragon Ball: Chaotic Future
Chapter 35
Genjin Saga, Part V
“Conspiracy.”
 
 
 
“DRAGON BALL: CHAOTIC FUTURE” CAN ALSO BE FOUND AT FANFICTION.NET, POJO.COM, AND DBZDIMENSION.COM
 
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE “CHAOTIC FUTURE” HOMEPAGE AT:
WWW.FREEWEBS.COM/CHAOTICFUTURE