Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Z Lives On: The Frozena Saga ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Well, I guess I really shocked you guys with that last chapter. Since the last couple of chapters were kind of short and since I know the next couple of chapters will be short as well, this chapter is pretty long. I'm not very good at writing action, so bear with me as I try write a whole battle for you.

From some of the responses I got, some people think the baby in Piccolo's dreams is Frieza but if you remember correctly, part of his mission is to protect this baby and Kyloa. So it can't be Frieza, cause he's already dead. I don't want to reveal who the baby is yet. You'll find out at the end of this saga. Well, if you want to get technical, the beginning of the next saga.

Chapter 4

Future looks grim

As the talk ends

And the fight begins.

"Yes. It's true. I was the one who gave birth to Frieza."

Piccolo's thoughts were jumbled and for once he didn't know what to think or say. In a way, he felt betrayed. But he wasn't able to think about it for long. Queen Frozena quickly took advantage of the situation and fired a finger blast directly aimed for Kyloa's heart. Piccolo was almost too late in saving her. In the blink of an eye, Piccolo pushed Kyloa down to the ground, barely missing the blast himself.

Piccolo slowly raised his head, giving Kyloa a hard stare. Kyloa stared back, shock registering on her features. "Why did you do that?"

Piccolo snorted and then stood, bringing Kyloa to her feet at the same time. "I said I would protect you." Piccolo looked irritated. He did not like having to explain himself.

Kyloa blinked. She had not expected that answer. But before she could reply, they all heard a snarl. Turning around, they saw that Queen Frozena had launched herself into the air and was heading straight towards them. She did not look happy at all. Goku's eyes narrowed. "Krillin! Get Kyloa out of here!"

"Right away boss!" shouted Krillin as he grabbed Kyloa's arm and began flying away at his top speed. Kyloa gave a little gasp and struggled against his grip. "But Goku -!"

"No buts Kyloa! You may have lied but you're still my friend. And I don't let anything happen to my friends!" Goku went Super Saiyan as he rose into the air, preparing to stop Queen Frozena from going after them.

Realizing she wouldn't be able to stop Krillin, Kyloa used her greater speed to get them away faster. They both disappeared from sight. No one could sense them, except Piccolo. They were well hidden. Queen Frozena stopped in mid-air, letting out a howl of fury. Goku felt it was time to put his new powers to the test. Reaching out with his mind, he felt an answering presence in the air around him.

Murmuring, he chanted, "Mighty air, kindred spirit to my soul, aid me in my fight. Lend me the power of your mighty winds and storms. Help me save the mother of us all. Help me save Earth."

Goku was suddenly surrounded in a whirlwind and they all felt his power increase immensely. The whirlwind disappeared to reveal that Goku had gone Super Saiyan 3. Queen Frozena did not seem fazed by it. She powered up, making all the fighters gasp in shock at her immense power. Kyloa had not been exaggerating. Not at all. Frozena flew at Goku and they were quickly engaged into an intense fight, so far only using their fists. No energy blasts. They were moving so fast, the other fighters could barely keep track of them with their eyes.

Piccolo felt it was time for him to power up as well. Spreading out his senses, he felt a welcoming response from deep within the earth. In a low voice he chanted, "Mighty fire, kindred spirit to my soul, aid me in my fight. Lend me the power of your mighty flame and heat. Help me save the mother of us all. Help me save Earth."

There was a loud rumble and suddenly the other fighters had to back away as the ground erupted, spurting out intense flames that quickly engulfed Piccolo. While the fire was blistering to the others, Piccolo felt a strange sort of comfort as the flames surrounded him and slowly seeped into him, increasing his power potently. The flames dispersed, leaving him much more powerful than he was before. He quickly flew up and joined Goku in his fight.

Gohan and Sixteen glanced at each other and than nodded. They chanted words similar to the ones said by Piccolo and Goku. Gohan was suddenly submersed from head to toe in water as Sixteen was surrounded by a melee of plants and dirt. By the time the elements disappeared, both fighters had powered up significantly. They rose into the air and joined the fight.

At first they seemed pretty even with the evil queen. And then she began using energy blasts. And of course, the Z fighters responded in kind. But using blasts was quickly telling on their energy. The dragons sensed it through their connection with the fighters and before anyone could stop them, joined in the fight.

One minute Piccolo was facing a blast that was sure to take off his head. In the next minute, he was staring at a mass of green scales. Looking up, he realized it was a rather large green dragon that looked awfully familiar. The dragon turned his head to look at him with his red eyes and with a start Piccolo realized it was Byrn. Since when is Byrn bigger than I am?

Looking around, he saw each fighter was being guarded by a larger version of his draconian partner. Queen Frozena had stopped in mid-attack and now looked a bit confused. With a screech, Byrn led the attack, the other three following. The four dragons flew flaming at the evil queen, who now looked a bit worried. How do you bock against fire?

Piccolo turned to Gohan and spoke to him in his mind. What the hell is going on? Gohan glanced at him, a slightly confused expression on his face. Niko told me they were all worried about us, so they decided to intervene to give us a breather to gather our strength for another bout.

Piccolo glared. That doesn't explain why they're suddenly all a third a size of Shenlong. Gohan shrugged. Well, Kyloa did say that if we were on good rapport with our dragons, they could grow to a size capable of fighting.

Piccolo snarled and glanced at the fighting dragons. They had started using their razor sharp claws as well and Queen Frozena was beginning to look like a scratching post. Those dragons were in the middle of a battle fury and weren't about to stop anytime soon. Resigned, Piccolo floated back down to the ground. Gohan, Goku, and Sixteen calmly followed, eyes still on their dragons, not quite believing what they were watching.

Far away, hidden behind a large accumulation of rocks, were Kyloa and Krillin. They had been tensely watching the fight and were slightly confused when the dragons entered the fight. Krillin became even more confused as he watched Kyloa go into some sort of trance and turn her head, as if she was listening to someone he couldn't see.

"Kyloa?" he whispered.

Kyloa shook her head and turned to face Krillin, a worried look on her face. "The dragons jumped in to give their partners a breather. Queen Frozena was starting to wear them down. But dragons aren't that strong; it won't be long before the fighters will have to step in again."

Krillin suddenly grinned and reached into his pocket, bringing out a small pouch. Kyloa looked at it curiously. "What is that?"

"Senzou beans. This will restore the guys' energy in no time." He stood up and was about to fly off when Kyloa stopped him.

"Wait. I'm faster than you are. Let me take the beans to them. I can be out there and back before Queen Frozena notices." Before Krillin could protest, Kyloa had taken the pouch from him and was already zipping away. A moment later she appeared next to Gohan, holding out the pouch to him. Gohan nearly fell over in his surprise. Goku and Piccolo both looked unhappy with her.

"Kyloa! I told you stay hidden with Krillin!" scolded Goku.

"Here. Krillin said that these would help," Kyloa said quietly. Gohan took the pouch from her and peaked into the bag. "Senzou beans!"

Gohan handed a bean to Sixteen, Goku, and Piccolo and then took one for himself before tucking the pouch away in his pocket. Piccolo glared at Kyloa as the others ate their beans and felt themselves be rejuvenated. Kyloa shifted her feet. She was determined not to go 'til she saw Piccolo eat his senzou bean.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed on purpose? What were you thinking? If Queen Frozena sees you -" yelled Piccolo.

Kyloa quietly interrupted him. "If you will eat the bean, I will go."

Flabbergasted, all Piccolo could do was stare at her with his mouth hanging open. Goku laughed and took the senzou from Piccolo's hand and popped it into his hanging mouth. "Now chew, Piccolo, so Kyloa can go back to her hiding spot where she'll be safe."

Piccolo quickly chewed and swallowed, before he could embarrass himself any further. Fresh energy coursing through his veins, he checked on the fight to see how the dragons were doing. With a start, he realized the dragons were gone and the only one left in the air was Queen Frozena, who was looking their way. And she didn't look too happy either.

The others noticed the same time Piccolo did. "Uh! Where's Niko? He's not dead, is he?" cried out Gohan.

Kyloa was already in a trance, communing with her mother. "The yuudragons have returned to the Earth. Do not worry. They will return in a couple days. They were just worn out from the fight."

As Kyloa talked, the others watched in horror as Queen Frozena began speeding towards them. Towards Kyloa.

Before anyone could react or even warn Kyloa, in one fell swoop Queen Frozena reached Kyloa and in the next second had lifted her up by her neck. Kyloa had enough time to let out a one single shriek before the evil queen began squeezing her neck, effectively cutting off her air supply.

None of the fighters knew what to do as Queen Frozena slowly began strangling Kyloa to death.

Author: In the next chapter a life will be taken. Will it be Kyloa? Or will it be someone else? (Just a little warning, the next chapter will be a little gory & bloody. I might classify it as PG-13.)