Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Z Lives On: The Frozena Saga ❯ Chapter 5, Part II ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: I don't know if I've said this lately but thank you guys for the reviews you have given me.

Chapter 5, Part II

Goku was dead. His body laid on the ground, a gaping hole where his heart should have been, never to move again. This fact had yet to assert itself into the fighters' overwhelmed minds when their lives were endangered yet again.

With Goku gone, Queen Frozena quickly returned to her original objective for coming to Earth in the first place. Still in shock, the fighters did not notice until it was too late. The blast was heading straight for Kyloa and no one could stop it. Panicking, Kyloa made a mistake. Heat filled her being as her body suddenly burst into flames. The flames quickly ate up the energy blast but Kyloa kept on burning. The blast had been too strong.

Piccolo immediately knew something was wrong. It happened so fast, he had no time to warn the others. Flames suddenly surrounded the fighters. The flames grew, becoming a very tall firewall, effectively cutting them off from any means of escape. Looking at the flames, he remembered what Kyloa had said the day before about not having good control over such a wild element as fire:

" . . . When I become fire, it feels like a roiling chaos has entered my mind and I have to struggle to keep my form and not go lose and burn everything near me. When you fired, I loosened my grip and let the fire reach out and it grabbed the energy, almost eating it. It felt so, so . . . I can't describe it! If the blast was any stronger, I would have lost control completely."

Piccolo scowled. He had told her not to ever try that again. There was no use in dwelling on it now. They needed to get of there before they were roasted to death. And save Kyloa, before she was lost forever to the fiery element.

Over the roar of the fire, Piccolo could hear the Queen laughing. It was a cold laugh that chilled his spine. "Having trouble, little witch?" she taunted.

"What should we do, Piccolo?" asked Gohan, as he eyed the flames around them worriedly. They were intensely hot and beginning to blister their skin. They were all sweating profusely from the heat, except Piccolo. Sixteen noticed and made a suggestion. "You have control over fire. Could you not command these flames as well?"

Piccolo raised an eye ridge at him but he could see no fault in the big guy's logic. Taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly, Piccolo calmed his nerves and began concentrating. Reaching out his mind, he felt an answering presence almost immediately within the fire. There were two presences actually. One was Kyloa, who was lost among the flames, unable to return to her natural form. The other was the fire, wild and unwilling to obey. The blast Queen Frozena had fired had given it a lot of energy, too much for Kyloa to keep control of.

Concentrating, Piccolo commanded the fire to return and let Kyloa go. The fire fought his control but Piccolo was stubborn. Within a few moments, the fire made a retreat and Kyloa, back in her human body, collapsed into Piccolo's arms, looking pale with exhaustion. The fire had burned out all her energy with her trying to keep it in check and failing.

"Gohan! She needs a senzou bean quick!" Gohan, who had been staring stupefied, quickly snapped out of it and rushed forward, taking out the pouch. Quickly, he took a bean from the pouch and placed it Kyloa's mouth. "Chew Kyloa. You'll feel better in a sec."

"Guys, I don't think we have a sec!" cried Krillin, pointing.

Queen Frozena was again heading straight for them, intent on drawing blood. "I'll take of her," announced Vegeta. Taking to the air, he met her halfway, and both fighters became a blur as they battled each other.

"Silly Saiyan. Always eager for a fight. He won't be able to hold her off for long," remarked Eighteen.

"Come on, Eighteen. We have to help him and give the others a chance to come up with a new strategy," cried Krillin as he leapt up to join in the fight. Eighteen shook her head and joined her husband in the air.

Down on the ground, the others watched as Kyloa's eyes fluttered open and her gaze settled on Piccolo. "Sorry. Next time I'll listen."

"There might not be a next time," growled Piccolo as he reluctantly set her on her feet. She stepped slowly away from him, as if averse to leaving his touch. Piccolo adjusted his cape, suddenly uncomfortable.

"How can we defeat Frozena without my Dad?" asked Gohan, eyes pained at the thought of his father.

"Fusion was our back up plan but without Goku, we cannot fuse," pointed out Sixteen in his blunt way.

"What do we do now Piccolo?" asked Dende. They all looked at him, universally placing Piccolo in charge. He stared back at them and gulped, feeling a little fear, something he did not feel frequently.

"There's nothing left to do but, fight."

Our friend has fallen

Our fear has grown

And hope has become a dim light.

SNEAK PEAK AT NEXT CHAPTER:

There was a great flash of light and then a great backwash of wind, knocking Queen Frozena, Vegeta, Eighteen and Krillin out of the air and hard onto the ground several yards away.

"What the hell?" yelled Vegeta, picking himself up off the ground.

Krillin was the first person to see them. "They-they-they -!" he stammered, pointing. Vegeta and Eighteen whirled to see what he was looking at, gasping at what their eyes were seeing.