Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Z Lives On: The Lidal Saga ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 7

As the peaceful routine resumes

A question remains:

How will the wayward traveler return home?

With Xahra dead, Lidal left for the mountains as soon as she could, to protect everyone during the two weeks of her cycle. The serum helped her maintain control but being around any males seriously tried that control. While she was gone, the others discussed the problem of returning Lidal to her own time. Without Xahra, there wasn't much of a chance of Lidal returning any time soon.

At the end of those two weeks, Piccolo waited atop the roof of the cottage for Lidal to return from the mountains. As he waited, several thoughts ran through his mind. He had adjusted pretty well to the thought of becoming a parent. Even to the thought of becoming a parent to twins. But it was hard for him accept that Lidal would be what his daughter would be, after she had grown up.

"You must be thinking very grave thoughts to be frowning like that," said a female voice from behind him. Piccolo whirled, to find that it was only Lidal. Behind her, the sun was just beginning to set.

Piccolo sighed. "You're as bad as Kya at sneaking around. Worse, cause even I can't sense you when I am the only one who can keep track of Kya at all times." A sudden thought occurred to him. "You don't have a bondmate back home to keep track of you, do you?"

Quietly, Lidal settled onto the roof next to him. "No. Nineteen is kind of young to take a mate."

"I see." Piccolo cleared his throat. "While you were up in the mountains, the others and I have been discussing your 'time travel' dilemma. And frankly, we can't think of anyway to get you home except for Bulma to build a time machine. Bulma says she could probably figure a way to build it but it's going to take a while. A long while. Especially sense her pregnancy is going to slow her down in the future."

Piccolo tried to read the look on her face but Lidal kept her features from revealing any emotion. "As I said before, I knew when I went through that portal that there was probably no way that I could return home."

Piccolo looked away and then glanced back at her out of the corner of his eye. "You miss them?"

Now it was Lidal's turn to look away. "Yes. I miss them. And I'm worried about them. When I left, my father was pretty badly wounded. I have no idea if he's all right or if he's dead and Mother's dead as well, through their bond."

It was a truly disturbing to think he might be dead in nineteen years. He studied Lidal. Her twin, his son, was dead. Maybe permanently. "Tell me about your brother."

Lidal glanced at him, her eyes unreadable and then glanced away as they suddenly became glassy. "Well, first of all, Pendril looks a lot like you. Same height, same build, even keeps his head shaved, except for the long ponytail at the back of his neck. And nothing Father says can convince him to get rid of it. He's not as serious as I am. Shows his emotions more readily. Has a subtle sense of humor too. I'm more like you. Everyone knows we care; we just don't show it very often."

Here Lidal had to swallow hard before going on. "Pendril is very strong and a good fighter. He's even stronger than you are. Both you and Gohan trained us. He was born with the Chi mark, so as soon as his training was complete, he took Goku's place." Here Lidal's lips twitched at some inner amusement. "I'm not nearly as strong as Pendril but no one can match my speed. Between the speed I inherited as a Namek and from Mother's unusual talent, I'm faster than a Super Saiyan. And I can hide my ki even better. Mother taught me. She taught both of us how to use our Shizen abilities as well."

Piccolo raised his eyeridge at her. "Oh? Can you talk with the Earth as well?"

"Of course. Pendril and I call her Krechi. It means grandmother in the Shizen language. I just had a talk with the present Earth a little while ago. She was curious about me and the time I came from. She was glad to know that Kya will finally fulfill the task she created her for."

Piccolo snorted. "With how forceful she can be, we could not help but do what she asked."

Lidal smirked. Both of her parents had told the story of how they became bondmates to her and Pendril before, many times, with deep ire in their voices. Piccolo shifted uncomfortably. There was still something he needed to know about. "Have you had any training for your Sight?"

This time Lidal shifted uncomfortably. "I did not need any training. My gift is not very strong and I only get maybe three or four visions a year. Usually a big event, like an earthquake or a flood. Things that I have no control over, which can be pretty frustrating at times. I had my first vision when I was thirteen. At first I thought I was going insane. But then it came true. I was the never the same again."

Piccolo sighed. I had hoped my children would lead much more peaceful and happier lives than I did. "Has your life been very hard?"

Lidal glanced at him as if she knew what he was thinking. "No more harder than anyone else's, I suppose. I would rather not have visions but I have learned to accept them, somewhat. It helps to have you and Mother and Pendril and friends like Goten and Marron and Pan and the others."

"Pan?"

"Oops. She's Gohan's daughter. She won't be born for a while yet. Don't tell Gohan about her."

"I won't. It sounds like you and your brother are pretty close," remarked Piccolo.

Lidal's eyes softened into a warm look. "We've known each other all our lives. He knows me better than anyone else and I know him better than anyone else. We're best friends."

Piccolo gave a small grin, satisfied with that knowledge. For a few moments they sat companionably in silence. It was interrupted by the sudden appearance of Kindle and Byrn. Chirping insistently, they tugged at their partners' clothes. Piccolo looked behind them and saw that the sun had set some time ago.

"I did not realize the sun had set. Kya must have sent them to fetch us to dinner," said Piccolo.

"I know. When we were kids, Mother used to send Embyr after us to come eat. And she's not as polite as these two," remarked Lidal.

Piccolo smirked. In no hurry, the two Nameks floated down from the roof to the ground. Before entering the cottage, Lidal reached out and grabbed Piccolo's shoulder. He glanced back at her, puzzled. "Do not worry about getting me back to the future, Piccolo. Everything will work out in the end."

"Oh? Have you had a vision?" asked Piccolo.

Lidal's lips upturned into a small smile, the first Piccolo had seen on her. "Maybe."

Smiling back, Piccolo led her into the cottage to sit down and have a quiet meal with Kya.

Author: Chapter was a bit longer this time. I know the last ones were short. I went ahead and finished this chapter early because I won't have time tomorrow. There is a new drawing up too, of Lidal's twin, Pendril.