Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Z Lives On: The Shizen Saga ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

Thrice lifetimes and much more have passed

While I have lived in obscurity

Now my presence must be brought into the light.

As the girl rubbed her aching ears, a beautiful little dragon with scales a scarlet red landed in her lap, begging for comfort. As she stroked its belly, she slipped deep into thought. The roaring and shaking had happened throughout the world, and it had certainly not gone unnoticed.

Speaking out loud, she said, "Especially not by 'them'. And they will certainly go to the lookout to find out what it was. And considering how determined they are, he might be forced to reveal everything." The girl paused to study the rushing water.

"I had hoped she wouldn't escape. But she has and now I will need help. Which means I will have to reveal myself to them." She sighed, causing the little dragon in her lap to look up at her. "It's alright. I knew it would happen someday. I just wish it didn't have to happen at all."

Lifting the little dragon up, she stared deeply into its sapphire eyes. The dragon's eyes began to glow brightly, as the girl's own eyes also began to glow. A few moments later, the glow dissipated and she released the dragon. "Go to the lookout. Give Father my message. I will follow shortly."

With a screech, the dragon spread its graceful wings and took to the air. The girl stood and stepped into the water. Slowly, her form morphed 'til she appeared like liquid. She silently disappeared into the waterfall.

A great distance away, just as the strange girl predicted . . .

Piccolo wasn't surprised when Goku, Gohan, Goten, Vegeta, Bulma, Trunks, Krillin, Eighteen, Sixteen, Yamcha, and Paur arrived within minutes at the lookout after him. If anyone knew what that noise was, it would probably be the Guardian of the Earth. A few seconds later, Dende and Mr. Popo came out to greet them.

"Hiya, Dende," cried Goku cheerfully.

"Alright, let's cut the chitchat. I want to know right now, what in the hell was that?" yelled Vegeta, obviously in a foul temper.

The whole group turned inquiring eyes to Dende, waiting for an explanation. Dende noticeably gulped. "I'm sorry to say this but I have no idea what caused that noise we all heard. The whole world heard it, actually."

Everyone began clamoring in shock and consternation, causing Piccolo to almost miss a quiet, calm voice say, "I can explain what happened."

Aggravated, Piccolo bellowed, "Quiet, everyone!" Turning to Mr. Popo, he asked, impatiently, "Now, what did you say?"

Mr. Popo, patient as always, said calmly, "I can explain what happened, if you're willing to listen."

Everyone stared in surprise at the small black gardener.

"Well, then, little man, get on with it," growled Vegeta.

"Honestly, Vegeta, sometimes you can be so rude," commented Bulma.

"If you'd be willing, please explain Mr. Popo," said Dende, ignoring Vegeta.

"Well, you see," began Mr. Popo, noticeably wringing his hands in a perturbed way. "The Earth is alive."