Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drifting ❯ Drifting ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: DBZ is not mine nor has it ever been and will never be.Neither is the Song Drifting. That Belongs to Sarah McLachlan and all rights are hers etc, etc.
Pairings: Chi Chi + Goku
Rating: PG
// Indicates Song Lyrics //
Summary: Set just after the Frieza Saga. Chi Chi reflects her thoughts and feelings about Goku's absence
"Drifting"

The world continues on unremorsefully around us as we lay here under the stars anxiously awaiting your return.
//You've been gone so long all that you know has been shuffled aside as you bask in the glowof the beautiful strangers who whisper your name do they fill up the emptiness?//
Night after night for the past few months I have lain here in this exact spot staring up into the heavens, your son asleep on my lap. He misses you just as much as I and it breaks my heart when he asks me at the end of every day, ‘Will daddy come home tonight?’
Sometimes I feel as if you’ve pushed us to the side whilst basking in the after glow of those who worship your name. A name that has won you both fame and infamy throughout the galaxy and I wonder if you’re heart is as empty as mine, or whether it has been filled with the praises of those who now surround you.
//Larger than life is your fiction in a universe made up of one’Cause you have been drifting for so long, I know you don't want to come down//
It seems that your life is one that is so surreal, it plays like a book and that we are just the characters in a never-ending universe that was created especially for you. You come and go as you please, staying away from home, training and fighting and I have my suspicions as to why you want don’t want to return just yet; and even though I know without a shadow of a doubt that you will grace us with your presence someday soon, it doesn’t ease the loneliness and longing that I feel deep within.
//Somewhere below you there's people who love you and they're ready for you to come homePlease come home//
Down here on this insignificant little rock that is suspended in space by the unseen forces of gravity, there are two people who love and miss you with every fiber of their being, and are more than ready for you to return home and into their arms.
//You walk in a room and the world stops to stare, mesmerize all who are caught in the glareof the spotlight that follows wherever you go, does it light up the emptiness?//
It never ceases to amaze me how you only have to walk into a room and suddenly the whole world stops for you. The ever-burning light of ‘hero’ status seems to envelope you entirely, but does it leave you feeling the same way you would feel when you are with us? Or does it leave a void within your heart, as your absence does in ours?
//Larger than life is your fiction in a universe made up of one. You have been drifting for so long I know you don't want to come down; somewhere below you, there's people who love you and they're ready for you to come home//
No matter how long it takes, wherever you are, or whatever it is that you are doing; I want you to know that Gohan and I will be waiting for you to return with open arms and loving hearts.
//Please come home//
Owari