Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Experiment X ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"This I fascinating!" exclaimed Dr. Briefs as he studied the strange cylinder in his hand. The intricate yet graceful markings that adorned the outside seemed to describe the use of the cylinder but were, at present, undeciphered.

"Can you tell me anything about it?" asked Ildorve Dovren, the Fedor-sai Rep. He'd been hovering over Dr. Briefs shoulder for the past four hours while the good doctor inspected the device.

After finding the artifact in what was thought to be an exhausted site, Ildorve had become the envy of the archeological community of his world as well as several others. It proved that there were intelligent inhabitants long before the Fedor-jin arrived.

"This device is rather remarkable," muttered Dr. Briefs. Suddenly he turned to Ildorve. "Before I make any conclusions I want you to tell me about the history of your planet. No grate detail is needed until you get to when you found this but I would like to know about its origin."

"Well, ok. There's really not that much to tell I'm afraid." Ildorve took a seat across from the doctor and sat in quiet contemplation for a few seconds. "As you must know by now, my race is not indigenous to this planet. The fact that three-fourths of this planet is covered in cities and settlements of an ancient culture, dating back three thousand years, is evidence in and of it's self. Over the past three hundred and seventy-six years that my people have dwelled on this planet we have developed an intense curiosity about the now extinct civilization. Hence all the archeologists.

"Well there are so many sites that after they are explored and documented, a few of the lesser more common ones, such as stone houses and stables, are sold to the highest bidder. Many of the houses, being built of stone, are repaired and turned into homes for their new owners. Being rather wealthy I myself live in one such house and had not planed on buying another, but when I saw the newest site recently opened for purchase there was just something about it. It wasn't like the other dwellings that had been excavated so far. It had the typical courtyard but no stables or other additional buildings typical to the region. Another strange thing was that it was built in, no, around the trees. Now one thing I must tell you is that certain species of trees on Fedor-sai grow at such an incredibly slow rate and the forest the house is located in is estimated to be well over five-thousand years old. Seeing as the house was build around certain trees with enough room to grow for quite some time says something about the people who lived here. Unfortunately this is the only dwelling, so far, to be found in the trees.

"Any way, the site was being sold for the merest fraction of the price a normal ancient dig sites go for. You see my people, although scientific in most areas, are still somewhat suppositious. They believe that spirits live in the trees of the very old forests on Fedor-sai and refuse to spend any large amounts of time, much less the nights, in such places. Consequently the site was considered almost valueless and was put up for sale. I, being of the mind that whatever it is that lives in the trees has so far shown it's self to be harmless, bought the place.

"After purchasing it, I went over it with a fine tooth comb and found absolutely nothing. In the end it was my pet jenkido1 that made the find. I thought at first that she was chasing an insect or something until she started to claw at a stone near the floor. There was a small chink in- between the bricks and I thought that Mikarie, my jenkido, was after house maurrie. Not wanting any of the vermin in my new house I pried the brick away to find this," he motioned to the cylinder. "There was one strange thing though. Mikarie kept on rubbing on and licking the thing. It got so bad I had to lock her up at home in one of the closets."

"Interesting," mumbled Dr. Briefs as he inspected the bottom of the device. Suddenly there was a sharp click and the top became loose. Dr. Briefs removed the lid to fine four little covered compartments situated around what seemed to be a computer chip.

"Oh my," was all Ildorve could manage for several minutes until he realized that he had no clue what it was. "Ok, now that it's open, what is it?"

"It's some sort of storage device I believe. The chip in the center should contain information on the contents in these four compartments."

"Do you think you'll be able to get it working?"

"Not with the technology and resources on this planet. Back home I could probably jury-rig something and if I couldn't I'm sure my daughter could figure something out. She the queen of jury-rigging. If you'd like you can accompany me home so we could have a better look at this."

"Hm," Ildorve thought about the proposition for a few moments. "I suppose I could do any work that needs to be done aver the IPCN2."

"I can have an office set up for you with a secure channel," offered Dr. Briefs. Truth be told he liked his new alien friend. He may not have been the most scientifically inclined individual on the planet but he was a rather nice change from the few, rather boring, assistance that helped in his lab, aside from his daughter that is.

"Well I really would like to figure out what this thing is, and I've never been to Chikkuyu-sai."

"Then it's settled," said Dr. Briefs as he replaced the lid on the device, itching to get back to his lab and take a closer look at it. Today was getting better and better.

Vegeta-sai; Third-class Training Quarters:

"-so my old man got really pissed and said that if we didn't shape up he was going to ship us all out on the next outgoing expedition to the frontiers. Can you believe that? One little prank and he's threatening banishment!" The disgruntled Crown Prince of Saiya-jins flopped onto one of the benches to sulk.

"Well it's not like this was a first offence, you four are always getting into something like this," offered Kakkorrot, one of the stronger third- class solders and a personal friend of the royal family. "Like the time you guys snuck into the ambassador from Sarde-sai's room, during a banquet in his honor, and planted traps in the closet, the bed, and the shower?"

"Hey that's not fair, bringing up the past," objected the Prince.

"It was last week!"

The prince sighed in defeat. "So maybe we took that one a little too far."

"You think? The guy had to be cut out of the shower curtain, not to mention his shocks surgically removed."

"Those were not my idea so you can't blame it on me."

"Ya, well it's a good thing he never got to that one. There could have been permanent damage done. What did he ever do to you?"

"He was looking at our mom, that's what! Slimy bastered deserves to have his eyes gouged out and his dick cut off."

"Well I guess that would make me mad a hell too. But seriously, your guys have got to lay off before you do something really bad."

"I know, I know, and I've tried, but they always get me into another one of their schemes, you know?"

"Not really. My brother could care less about me and would never think of asking me to help out on ones of his plots."

"I guess I could just blame it on my parents for having twins.... Twice."

"Well at least you're never lonely."

"Ya, well that `never lonely' translates into `always in trouble'."

"Well maybe what you need to do get away for a while."

"How? With those three are always around, and it's not like it's just them. The only time any of us get into trouble is when we're all together."

"Then get away from them."

"Like send them to the frontier? That'd be like betraying them."

"No, not send them to the frontier! Leave them here and go out on your own."

"To the frontier?"

"Not necessarily. You could go where ever you wanted."

"Hm, sounds interesting, crazy, but interesting. Of course you'd have to come along as well."

"What? Me? Why? I'm not the one with a crazed family."

"No, but it was your idea and if you don't I'll make it look like you set me up to be kidnapped."

"Like hell you will. I'd be killed!"

"So then you're going to help me."

"But-"

"No buts. Now let's get busy."

NOTE:
1: Jenkido are feline like semi predatory animals with abnormally
long tales and large ears, standing twenty four inches at the
shoulder. Coloring changes depending on prolonged exposure to certain
surroundings.

2: IPCN stand for Inter-Planetary Communications Network.

Authors Note:
This fic is being written off the top of my head so if you have
any suggestions or ideas they would be appreciated.
I know that I'm not fallowing the typical style of fic even for
an AU but it's my story so you can have a cow for all I care. Reviews
are appreciated and they help in spurring to get the next chapter up
on less time.