Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Finding My Roots ❯ Happy Birthday Bulla ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Finding My Roots-Chapter 2 Happy Birthday Bulla
Sixteen years, ten and half months have passed since the tragic event.
“Common Bulla, can you fly faster than that. I don’t want to be late to get home” a young man called to his sister.
“I don’t know why you want to get home so early, it’s not even dark yet.” A young blue hair girl called out.
“You’ll soon see.”
An older brother and sister were flying, heading home from training in the red hot dessert. They were dressed in baggy ninja-like training outfits that protect them from the dessert heat and training. It covered from the neck to feet with black gloves and boots. The brother was using navy blue, while the sister was using red.
Zorac, the older brother is twenty years old. He has pale white skin and green hawk hair. His eyes are the color of amber that goes well with his handsome face. Bulla, the younger sister is sixteen years old. She isn’t like her brother or like her family. She always thought why she looks different from the family, but always keeps that to herself. She never questions her parents. She had cerulean eyes and hair similar to the ocean. She also has pale white creamy skin making her looks more dazzling.
Her father, Igneous, and her brother look alike, except that the father is taller and had green eyes. Her mother, Zenia, had long brown wavy hair with amber eyes.
They arrived to their destination. Bulla’s house was nice looking. Even though her family lives very wealthy life than others in the small town, they prefer the small simple life. They walk towards the front door. The older brother grabs the door knob.
“Zorac! Will you please tell me why you want to get home so badly” Bulla asked her brother.
“Will you stop your whining? I said you’ll soon see”. Zorac said with a hint annoyance in his voice, but also anxious.
He opened the door wide open for Bulla. Zorac motioned his sister to come in. Bulla enters her home. Her brother followed right behind and closed the door.
“Happy Birthday Bulla!” Bulla was greeted by her parents in the living room. Bulla gasped. “Oh thank you! But you know you don’t need to do this” Bulla exiting respond.
“Oh Bulla, my dear it’s your seventeen birthday, we had to celebrate”, her mother replied.
“My little princess birthday is a time of celebration” her father proudly spoke.
“Besides is not everyday my little annoying sister turns into an older annoying sister” her brother Zorac said while tussling her hair. Bulla returned the favor and kissed her brother on the cheek. Bulla just smiled at the comment her brother did. True that it annoyed her, but not that much. He may be a pain sometimes, but he is the best and only brother she has. She didn’t want today to be ruined.
Bulla walked towards her parents and hugs them both. They were greatest parents in the planet in Bulla’s opinion. She had everything she could ask for, a lovely family and home. Nice clothes, shoes, accessories, all could a girl would want to make her life perfect.
Bulla noticed a large meal that can feed a whole family of ten on the large round wooden table in the kitchen that was connected to the living from. All of her favorites were served on the table. Of course all of her mother’s cooking was her favorites, but this is the first time she had all in one table waiting to be eaten.
She turned to her family. “Thank you mom, dad and bro. You don’t have idea how happy I am that you all do this. Bulla was getting al bubbly almost to brink of tears, but she had strong will not to.
“Bulla before we eat, we have something special to give you”. Zenia walks out the living room and disappeared. She reappears with two rectangle box. One was a large blue box, while the other was a small white. She walked towards her daughter and handed the boxes.
Bulla looked at the packages, then to her mother. She gently put the boxes at the coffee table. She gently lifted the lid of the blue package. She gasped in shock, and then her lips turned into a smile.
It was a simple, yet beautiful blue summer dress with two straps to be tied behind the neck. It covers her chest almost to the collarbone. Bulla held it in front of her. It reached to her ankles. She never had seen such beautiful dress.
“The other box contains black strapped one-inch sandals”, Zenia told her daughter. “Thank you” Bulla said sweetly.
“Now that the tomboy princess finally received her presents, can we eat now? I’m starving after some training” Zorac said.
“Yes, let’s eat what your mother cooked for us” Igneous suggested. That’s when Bulla’s stomach started to growl, indicating time for eating. All of them laugh, and headed to the table to sit down. As soon they sat down, Igneous raised his glass. The rest of the family followed. Igneous spoke.
“To my beautiful daughter that came from the stars, and bless us with her smile. Happy Birthday Bulla.” All of them cheered and raised their glasses together. “Happy Birthday Bulla!” Again they cheered Igneous, Zeina, and Zorac. Bulla just smiled showing her happiness.
What could ruin this perfect life? Bulla thought as soon as they started eating.
Outside was already night time. The night was purple with blue. The stars were joining the two moons. One was a big, almost in full light purple moon. The other was small crescent blue moon. Inside a small home a Bulla’s family was enjoying a warm dinner.
Back on Earth
A pair of cerulean eyes was watching the crescent carefully from her window of her room. The window was open letting the air in. A gently cool breeze blew on her pale-white face. She closed her eyes and sigh softly. This month was supposed to be a happy occasion, but it’s not.
Your memory will always be alive with me my child. Happy Birthday.