Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ For the Sake of the Saiyan ❯ The Truth ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A/N: Nothing to say at the moment. Hope you enjoy this chapter, it explains the Renegade's history in a little more depth. R/R!


Part 7-The Truth

Nemie pounded her hands against the energy wall frantically. "NO! Don't do it!" When Vegeta ignored her, she turned her rant against Ryukin. "I'll KILL you! You bastard!" She continued to scream and curse at him until he chuckled.

"Turn off the monitor." He said to the guard. To the Renegade's collective dismay, the screen went black.

Nemie didn't notice or care. She persisted in her tirade, shouting unbelievably profane imprecations and slamming her fists into the wall.

"Nemie!" Mercay snapped, "Stop it!"

The white-haired Saiyan paused for a moment. Her hate-filled gaze shifted to the Namek. "Don't tell me what to do, Mercay. I'm not in the mood to deal with your haughty attitude."

"I'm not being haughty, Nemie. I'm trying to figure out what to do, and I can't think with you screaming like that."

Nemie grimaced and flopped down with a huff. She picked nervously at the torn edges of the blue spandex that made up her armor.

Kyris, whom had been forgotten for the moment, sauntered over to stand in front of the cells. He had a sickeningly delighted grin on his face.

"Looks like we're going to win after all."

Anai looked up from the floor with a bored expression. "Kyris, shut up. We've heard all we want to hear from you or anyone else. Just shut up."

He snorted. "Fine. I'll leave you in peace for you remaining few hours." With that, he spun on his heel and marched out of the room.

"What are we going to do?" Silva asked, her voice wavering as if she was about to cry.

"We're going to get out of here, one way or another." Anai answered flatly. "We just have to think of a way."

Nemie kicked the wall as hard as she could. Nothing happened. Even the strength of a Saiyan was useless. "We can't use force."

"You Saiyans are always thinking with your fists." Lorn said. "It's going to take a little strategy to escape this time."

"I'm open to suggestions." Ren stated.

Anai sat up suddenly. "I still have my capsules! Silva, what did you pack in there again?"

"Nothing of any use here." Was the disheartening reply. "Just food, clothes, a house, a first aid kit and a map. Oh, and your video."

Cursing softly, Anai settled back into her slumped position. "Okay, then, we'll have to figure out something else. Everybody be quiet and let me think."

For the next hour, the room was silent except for the dull humming of the energy walls and the occasional rustle of clothing when someone shifted position. Each Renegade's mind was racing with possible means of escape, none of them of any real help.

The silence was broken when the door to the prison slid open with a hiss.

They looked up as a figure walked into the room. Vegeta. He was dressed in the same maroon armor as the rest of the Army and the same black cloak that Ryukin and Pichu wore, only his insignia was three stars. Ryukin's was four stars, naming him a four-star general...that meant Vegeta was a three-star general. Exactly as Ryukin had promised, Vegeta was only one notch below absolute power.

Anai and Nemie stood up, holding their heads high. This was their adoptive grandfather, in a way, and they were determined to be brave during their first face-to-face meeting.

Vegeta ignored the rest of the Renegades. He stalked right in front of Anai's cell and crossed his arms over his chest. He stared her straight in the eye, his gaze level and cold.

Anai felt herself begin to sweat under that stare. He was far more formidable than she had ever imagined. She could sense his enormous ki, more powerful than her and Nemie combined. Her knees began to quake when he continued to glare silently at her. She was terrified.

At length, his gaze shifted to Nemie. Nemie returned to look, but with a tinge of fear in her eyes. Anai knew that for Nemie to show even the slightest bit of fright, she had to be scared close to insanity.

Finally, Vegeta spoke. "How did you get Saiyan armor?"

Nemie couldn't answer for her fear, but somehow Anai found her voice.

"Our computer made it from Bulma Brief's files."

The Prince's eyes darkened at the mention of his wife. "And where did you get the files? Stole them from the Capsule Corp. building after you killed her?"

Anai shook her head. "No. We didn't kill Bulma or Trunks. Trunks gave them to us."

Vegeta's cold eyes flashed. "That's not what I heard."

"Well you heard wrong." Nemie spoke up.

"Vegeta, we are Saiyans." Anai said. "We're one of you."

His face remained blank, but his eyes betrayed his surprise. "That's not possible. You lie."

"If you'd allow us to tell our story, you'd understand a little better." Anai offered. "You might even find that ours is more believable than Ryukin's, because our side is the truth."

Cocking his head slightly in thought, Vegeta considered her proposal. Finally, he nodded. "Fine. Tell your story, but be quick. I'm not supposed to be here."

Anai nodded and started from the beginning. She told how, after Vegeta was killed fighting Buu, the Dark Army came and attempted to dominate the planet. "Very slowly, he took out the Z Fighters one by one. Soon, only two were left: Trunks and Goten. Along with Bulma, Marron and Chi-Chi, they set up an underground base and began searching for anyone who might have been able to fight. Those were the very first Renegades. Later, Goten was killed in battle. Chi-Chi died not too long after, of simple grief. Marron was captured, raped and left to die. Bulma died of old age about ten years ago." Anai waited for a reaction from Vegeta, and when she got none, continued with the story. She explained how Trunks found them in test tubes during an Army compound infiltration, rescued them, and raised them. Then Ryukin killed him. She finished by telling Vegeta of the events of the last few days.

When Anai finally fell silent, Vegeta shook his head. "How am I to know which of your accounts is true? Do you have any proof of your side?"

Anai blinked. "Proof? I...don't think so..."

Suddenly, Silva's voice called, "The holo-vid!"

The redhead's eyes lit up. "Yes! Yes, I do have proof!" She reached into the hidden pocket of her armor and pulled out her capsule box. She found the right capsule and clicked the release button. When the puff of smoke dissipated, a small, hand-held video computer was left.

Anai picked up the computer and pushed a button. Instantly, a hologram screen popped up and a video began to play.

Vegeta watched with interest. It was nothing more than a home movie, but he could clearly make out the people on the jumpy screen. It was two young children of about eight years: one with white hair and one with red. And...a man with lavender hair. His hair was shorter, and his face was scarred, but his eyes were the crystal blue. The same blue as his mother's.

"Trunks?" Vegeta's voice was choked with barely restrained emotion. His eyes shined with unshed tears.

Nemie nodded and replied softly, "He treated us like his own children...he taught us everything we know."

Vegeta turned away. "I've seen enough." He turned quickly and rushed out of the room.