Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten By the Morrow ❯ Forgotten By the Morrow ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Forgotten By the Morrow

Author: Rena "Sama" / 'the light'

Contact at: soaringshadow@yahoo.com, AIM : soaringshadow

Date: 9-15-02

Pairing: Gokuu + Bejiita / Gokuu + Chichi / Bejiita + Buruma

Rated: PG-15

DISCLAIMER: Don't own 'em so don't sue. No money...labor of love and all that.

Enjoy ^^]

=============================================================< br>
"Bejiita get up!!! We're gonna miss the tour bus!!" Buruma screeches at him.

| The day began just like every other before it |

"Ooohh that looks fun let's go there!" Chichi would say and we'd all move to go gawk at some strange building, or a mouse in a tuxedo.

| Little did I know it wouldn't end that way |

===

Buruma and Chichi had decided their lives had gotten entirely too stressful. No work, no bills, no nothing. They left the kids with Ox King and dragged me with them on vacation. Of course the fool came too.

"Vacation? Vacation from what? You eat, sleep, and play around in a little gravity room! You don't do ANYthing! So now that we're on vacation what are you gonna do? Get a job?" Buruma jeered as she packed her things.

Yea I have such a sweet life, I thought to myself.

===

And so here we are. The "crappiest place on Earth." Kami why am I being put through this?

The highlights of my day are when I make them miss that god awful tour bus, or watch Kakarotto try to make small talk with man in a white duck suit and blue sailor shirt.

| How can anyone understand a damn word he says?! |

I snicker to myself as the fool just scratches the back of his head and gives up. He walks over near me with a pout as I continue laughing at him for his efforts. Eventually he stops pouting and smiles down at me warmly. He stares longer than necessary. I look away suddenly uncomfortable under his strange scrutiny. Heat pricking my face slightly.

| Why...it's just Kakarotto. The same old fool...|

===

As I give up trying to talk to the sailor duck I listen to him laugh. A full, real laugh. He's changed so much over the years. He finally lets us see more of him. The real him. The one that doesn't want to kill us, or have my head on a wooden stake. The one that kind of considers me a friend.

| A..just a friend.. |

His rough edges have smoothed over a bit from times of peace...and maybe me. He's said as much when he bared his soul to me when we fought last. It seems so long ago, but it's burned in my memory. I wonder of he even remembers at all.

===

"Gokuu!!!! Come hold these for me!" Kakarotto's harpy bellows. Even on vacation she still shops like a mad woman. She and Buruma both. So we're on vacation? What has changed? Buruma tinkers with any gadget she finds, despite security's protests. Chichi shops until she can't get Gokuu to hold anymore. I wake up and do my midday katas on any open space I can find. Though now I've been banned from the golfing ranges. And Kakarotto...is still Kakarotto. The goofball, Earth raised saiyajin. A saiyajin I once hated but now has wriggled his way under my skin.

"HEY! Let's go on the tea cups!!!!!" Buruma yells, pulling me from my thoughts.

"YEA. I love those!!" Chichi chimes in. Before I can blink, Buruma is dragging me towards the ride by the forearm, not giving me time to protest likes she knows I will.

===

OOh I like these too. But I try not to let my enthusiasm show. Not for the ride, and not for our seating arrangement in it.

The ride starts and we all grab the metal ring in the center and turn. Our greater strength allows us to spin the cup faster than everyone else.

"WEEEEEE hee hee!!!" Buruma yells, smiling with her eyes closed. "Woooh!" Chichi follows. Bejiita just sits there, trying his hardest not to smile, looking a bit dizzy already. We spin and spin. I laugh and laugh. Bejiita finally allows a smile to grace his lips. His soft...

The ride slows to a stop, pulling me from my musings. The path they were taking could easily become and embarrassing one. The small doors open at the sides and we sit a moment longer, waiting for the room to stop spinning. But in my case it has nothing to do with the ride. Bejiita is still sandwiched between Buruma and me.

I stay there a little longer, pressed against him from shoulder to thigh, savoring his warmth. A guilty pleasure. We all stumble out of the teacups, dizzy but happy. Buruma wobbles and Bejiita is immediately at her side steadying her. I feel a dull ache in my chest. Holding her.

Oh course he does! What's the matter with me?! I yell at myself at having thought and felt the same thing time and time before. He belongs with her. He cares for her..not me. I should be rushing over to Chichi and helping her out of the cup like a dutiful husband. Something I've rarely ever been to her. It's why she screams at me so. Like all the times before. Like now. But this time I hardly hear her. Too caught up in watching Bejiita's retreating form as he walks elsewhere, leading Buruma away from the noise of my screeching Chichi.

===

Some time later we walk across the boardwalk. The setting sun dyes the sand and sea a deep orange. Buruma and Chichi chatter amongst themselves as we tag along. For once Kakarotto isn't trying to pass the time with meaningless prattle and conversation. We just walk in dare I say companionable silence. This is refreshing change. Maybe he's not such a fool after all. Maybe more of a friend..maybe.

===

The long day is done. It had it's up's and downs, but all in all it was pretty fun. I make this all sound more like a bothersome ordeal than the vacation it should be. Tomorrow we'll start this all over again. Buruma with her coffee and gadgets, Chichi and her yelling, Bejiita being banned from another part of the hotel grounds. But for now we all retire to our rooms, ready for sleep.

Buruma stays up to watch late night TV in the living room downstairs.

Bejiita's and Buruma's room is directly across from ours in the huge two bedroom suite Buruma booked for us. If I turn just this way I can see Bejiita hop into bed. He's such a sleepyhead. Buruma always has such a hard time getting him out of bed in the morning. He sinks down into the overly fluffy pillows. The huge bed makes him seem so small. So cute...

| Cute? |

With a sigh I sink into my own bed, curling around my already snoozing Chichi. I bury my face in her dark hair, almost ashamed to show it. Ashamed of having such feelings for someone else, another man no less. Another saiyajin the only one besides me.

I hold Chichi a little closer and fall into a restless sleep.

===

I wake up some time later by a steady pressure in my bladder. Cursing myself for not going before bed I get up and stumble blindly to the bathroom at the end of the hallway. I can never find a light switch when I need it.

I do my 'business' and slowly walk back to my room. I can't see, but I can hear Chichi breathing deeply in sleep, though she usually sleeps without a sound. She must really be tired then. All that shopping I bet.

I curl around her again and try to go back to sleep. But I find myself thinking of Bejiita, for the hundredth time. Thinking thoughts I should not. But I can't stop them. I've always been fascinated by him. Intrigued by him. His body is so beautiful. The day at the water slides had been particularly difficult for me. Watching his swim trunks cling to his finely made backside. I had to tare my eyes away. A few minutes go by as I replay the scene in my mind. So caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice when I started rubbing my fingers over her arm. Chichi's really been working out. Carrying all those shopping bags I bet. I drop kisses right under her ear. Snuggling closer, wishing she wasn't too tired to 'play.' Almost wishing she were someone else.

I growl softly in her ear. Or at least I think it's her ear. I still can't see much of anything in the pitch black room. My tongue darts out to lap at the shell of her ear. She finally stirs to wakefulness.

"Bu..ruma?" a deep, husky voice asks and I <i>freeze</i>. For a long moment I do nothing as 'Chichi' turns in my embrace to face me.

A long pause.

"Ka..karotto..?" he asks finally realizing it's me without seeing me.

I curse and bless the fact that I couldn't find the light switch. That I was too tired to put two and two together and figure out that this was not my room. That this was not Chichi. That maybe this wasn't really an accident on my part, but my subconscious coming out.

Despite all that, I do not let go of him.

"Kakarotto..what the hell are you doing here?" he asks, his voice thick with sleep and confusion, barely awake.

I don't answer.

| What can I say? |

I lower my lips to his slowly...softly.

He moves away at first, but I persist. Thinking this is the only chance I'll ever get. He struggles, startled since he can't see me and was waiting for my answer. Now he knows.

He knows why I stare at his entirely too often.

Why there are so many 'accidental' touches.

Why I'm always there to help when he's in danger or hurt.

Why I seek out his company despite his habit of sneering at anything remotely social.

Why after all his insults, and threats to my life I never just killed him and put an end to it like he once wanted to do to me.

Why my heart beats irregularly when he is near.

I begin to pull away, expecting pain at any moment for such an act. But there is none. Only his soft breathing. I press my lips to his again. Hoping desperately that my feelings are returned. If even a little. He does not push me away, but remains motionless a while before kissing back slowly. As if unsure.

"Uunnh.!!" a startled moan pushes past my lips as I roll him under me and push my tongue into his hot mouth, pinning him to the bed with my greater weight. I feel my stomach twist and knot as his taste dances over my taste buds and a shiver runs up my spine. My needy erection already burning against his thigh.

Even now he is still hesitant. I know my timing for this is far from perfect...but I can't stop myself. I see now why he always yelled at me for my lack of control. When he's around it seems like I hardly have any at all.

| Stop it | I tell myself.

Bejiita seems to come to life as if he's finally settled some conflict in his mind. His hands tangle in my hair pulling me closer, deepening the kiss.

"ANnnn.."

| No...stop it! What are you doing?! This isn't the time! |

My hands roam over everything I can reach. My fingers pulling at the fabric of his night clothes, to expose his warm, creamy skin. Hissing, I push myself into his thigh, trying to relieve some of the pressure.

| STOP! This is going too far! You've let him know how you feel. Those feelings are reciprocated. Isn't that enough? |

No...no it isn't. I love him. I want him. I want all of him.

Enough? The instant I realized I was holding him and not Chichi, I knew it would never have been enough.

"Umm" he moans into my mouth as his tongue curls around mine.

I hear the TV downstairs turn off and footsteps slowly make their way up the stairs.

Panting lightly, we break apart.

"Why..?" he asks finally. His voice deep and gravely. Gliding over my ears, making me shudder.

I pause composing myself and answering with the few seconds we have left before we are caught.

"I...love you..Bejiita" I whisper before teleporting out and back to my own room.

===

I lie back on my own bed. A bit colder than when I left it, since I'm burning up now.

"Gokuu?" Chichi asks softly. I must have just woken her.

"I had to go to the bathroom" I whisper, which is technically true.

"Oh...ok" she says with a yawn, turns over and dozes off.

I turn to sleep as well. Away from her this time. I sigh, a little more than frustrated, and not really sure whether I should be happy or sad. If Bejiita remembers this tomorrow, at least he'll finally know how I feel. Will he truly return my feelings? How can we act on them? But then he may have thought this all some strange dream and never give it another thought.

If he does forget I'll just have to try again, or forever suffer silently knowing those few minutes we had one night on a vacation may be all we get. All I get of him.

I lick the lips that kissed him and the fingers that touched him, trying to savor his fleeting taste.

I'll make him remember me.

Tomorrow's another day.



FIN



Forgotten By the Morrow (c) 2002 Rena "Sama" / 'the light'

=========================================================== ==

If Gokuu crawled in my bed, pinned me down, and stuck his tongue down my throat, I'd sure as hell remember.

For all those who wonder, this fic is not really angst at all. It just approaches relationships more realistically, they take patience, effort, timing, and a little bit of heart ache.

I hoped ya liked it. ^^