Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Game of the gods ❯ The beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Do not own DB, DBZ, DBGT or any of it's characters or logo's.

The beginning

It was a cold, cold morning, and the sun
had just risen above the horizon to warm a shivering teen girl. The clouds on the horizon where pink and orange, contrasting beautifully with the green landscape before her. Only small tough shrubs and grass covered these lands, for it was too cold throughout the year to sustain anything different. Although it was breathtakingly beautiful, it was extremely cold. No normal thinking human being would go out in just a pair of training pants and a t-shirt. But then again, she wasn't fully human, wasn't she?
Her swift footsteps broke the frozen grass, and her breath was visible as small clouds trailing behind her. With her body bent slightly forward, jogging at a steady pace, she was too occupied by her thoughts to take note of the beautiful sunrise. In fact, she was frowning in deep concentration, counting her heart beat. She was not satisfied, because it hadn't increased much since she started. She needed to step it up some more, so she increased her speed.

*I don't get it!*, she thought, *I always seem to be training under my true capacity because I have no true challenge, but when I want to get serious and train with the others, the difference is just so huge it's keeping them down. Why can't I seem to get a good balance? How will I get stronger?*

Of course she had sought the help of her father, but she had the feeling he rather liked it the way it was… at least when the Earth would be in danger, he had a reason to tell her to stay home with the other women, who where weak as well. Yes, there was a huge difference between her and her mother, who was now the strongest human alive, but compared to the ones with Sayian blood, her power was almost unnoticeable. The gap had gotten huge since her grandfather had disappeared, 3 years ago.
 
So there she was, 17 years old, and she wasn't even near the 1.000.000 power level mark, that Gohan reached at 11 years old, and Goten and Trunks at 6 or 7!
Seems that ¼ Saiyan meant ¾ human, and she was more human than Saiyan in power after all.

Angrily she increased her speed again.
 
*Spending so much time on studies and slacking off, have made me lose muscle mass, and I have gained at least 10 pounds! Need… to… loose… flab!* She thought, en sync with her steps.
Of course there was no flab to speak of, which seems to be the case with most young ladies that want to loose weight…
 
Finally, she started sweating, and her heart rate was at a satisfying level.
 
Her mother had been feeding her fatty crap on purpose. “Darling,”, she had said, “you look so much better like this. You used to have a boyish figure with all that excessive training! Huge upper arms, rock hard abs, and your legs … it's just not nice on you. You look softer, more like a lady this way.”
 
*Who cares about looking like a lady. I like to be rock hard!* , she smirked. *Okay, maybe not as hard as I used to look. The probability of me reaching SuperSayian is practically nil at the moment, but yeah.*
 
You wouldn't believe it, but she still had the orange bandana with her. She treasured it, because it was part of her grandfathers Goku's gi. She had kept it all of these years, and always had it on her. To her disappointment it was starting to wear out, with strings getting loose. She had patched it up at least 30 times already, but she was not ready to let go. Today, like every day, it went with her, this time tucked safely in her pants pocket.

She could have gone on for hours. Many hours actually, but she got bored easily. So after an hour of fast jogging, she did a cool down and stopped. Stretching, she took in her surroundings, finally taking notice of the beauty surrounding her.
The Russian tundra's where quite beautiful, and no-one was around her for many, many miles. She came here regularly.
 
*Alone. Always. No-one will guide me with anything. It seems like they gave up on me. It seems like it's not interesting enough to train or guide someone, if it's just a waste of time.*, she thought bitterly.
*After all, girls aren't supposed to fight, huh? Like uncle Goten once said to me. But he's an idiot for saying that!* , she thought, landing a few quick sharp punches in the air.
 
*He conveniently forgot about grandma Chi-Chi, my mother and Eighteen. They are all fighters, or have been!*
 
Finally, she took on a better fighting stance to start her katana's for the day. This training session would take her about two hours, but she had all day…

*One* Punch. *Two* Kick. *One* Punch. *Two* Kick. *Three* Turn. *Four* High kick. *Three* Turn. *Five* Low kick. *Six, One, Four!*, was the way she went on. This went faster and faster, doing about 25 different sets of attacks she had memorized in a very precise fashion. For the human eye it was hard to follow her.
 
She felt really good doing this, almost more alive!
 
All of a sudden, she felt a faint shift in the atmosphere, enough to grab her attention. She came to an abrupt halt, and softly panting, she concentrated on her surroundings more.
 
She didn't even have to put effort in feeling it. It was simply huge, almost terrifying. Confused she stood upright. She could not make out how far away this ki was exactly, but it could not yet be in Earth's atmosphere.
 
*So strong already! This is… what is it!? It's not someone I know! What's going on?*
 
Just a few seconds later, she could literally feel the ki prickling her skin, and she froze in shock at the sensation.
 
*Ok. Getting worried. If this person has bad intentions, we could be in serious trouble... whatever it is, their ki is everywhere, too big for me to know just HOW big…*
 
Looking up, she saw something that looked like a falling star shooting across the sky. It burned up in the atmosphere. Pan, who had slightly enhanced vision and definitely very fast reflexes, was able to follow it and see that it was completely destroyed. She suspected it was a space ship.
 
Adrenaline rushed through her veins, as curiosity took the upper hand over fear, and against her better judgement, she didn't move to go home, to get more support.
 
The ki was still there, and she didn't expect this person to be overwhelmed by an explosion like that. If they even stayed on board at all…
 
*Ok… time to lower my power level… who knows?* she, thought, as she lowered it to almost 2, even lower than most of the human beings on the planet.
 
She heard a noise behind her, where someone she knew quite well landed in the wet grass behind her. She turned towards him, and he steadily walked over to her, an incredulous look on his face.
 
“I didn't know you could be this careless! You only just now hid your power level! You think that thing wouldn't have noticed you are here, like, ages ago!?”
 
She flinched. Of course he was right.

”Oh, just drop it Trunks, I know that. It took me some time to figure out the situation, that's all.”
 
“Well, let's see… “Trunks said mockingly, putting a hand on his chin, as if he where thinking…”There's this figgin' humongous ki heading this way who could easily crush me, and I don't know it's intentions… what should I do? Oh I know! I just stay here in the open field, with my ki-level standing out for all to see!”
Pan fumed. What the heck, was he her father or something!? She already said she knew she made a mistake!
“Now listen up, you 30 year old purple peace of…”, she started, but she was cut short by a huge force pushing her down abruptly but heavily.
 
Both their bodies smacked to the ground simultaneously, Pan taking the force much more badly, immobilizing her completely, hardly being able to breathe. Trunks, who could move a few inches over the ground, being significantly stronger than her, was pushed down with more power, because the force seemed to anticipate on it.
Both felt the prickling of an unpleasant ki over their bodies.
 
This person was controlling it's ki so precisely, from many miles away…!
 
As Pan struggled to breathe, she felt a little weight be lifted off of her, as the power anticipated on this too. *Good. It's not trying to kill us immediately, at least...*, she thought. She fearfully looked at Trunks, who looked back at her at the same time.
Trunks realized now he had better just pulled Pan away from the scene as soon as he got to her, and now they where both in trouble…
 
------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------
 
If you like, leave a review. Also, I'm looking for someone kind enough to proof read this, because I'm not a native English speaker…
 
Xxx Nouk