Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Giving In ❯ Giving In ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Giving In

A DBZ fanfic by SirPsychoSexy

A/N: You may remember this fic from FF.net, when I was Rivka…It wasn't on there very long b/c of the restrictions *grrr*.

This is shoonen-ai/man-slash/whatever you want to call it. This I warn on every single one of my Kibishin ficcies. Also a song fic.

Will you, walk me
To the edge again
Shaking, lonely, and I am drinking again
Woke up tonight and no one's here with me
I'm giving in to you

Kaiooshin woke from his bed in a cold sweat.

These nightmares were getting to him. Ever since Majin Buu had ravished his planet, the sacred orb of Kaiooshin-kai, he had unconsciously replayed the slaughter of the other four Kaiooshins in his mind night after night. And nothing seemed to help, short of his trying to forget about it and going back to sleep. Even then, it was only a temporary solution.

The deity looked down to see that his bodyguard and newly-found best friend, Kibito, was not sharing the king-sized bed as he usually did. A vague feeling of emptiness filled him, more terrifying than the dreams playing in the depths of his brain. He neede to make himself forget. Everything.

But if he did forget everything that happened, could he still be an effective God? His teeth gnashed together, causing a sharp headache. He went down to the kitchen to get some herbal tonic for it, quite forgetting how much of it he drank. It made him quite fidgety if he drank the whole bottle…

But, hey, his headache was gone. A nice trade-off for insomnia caused by nightmares…insomnia caused by drugged stupor.

His eyelids unable to close, he went out and searched for Kibito.

Take me under
I'm giving in to you
I'm dying tonight
I'm giving in to you
Watch me crumble
I'm giving in to you
I'm crying tonight
I'm giving in to you

He looked in every conceivable place in the mansion. Not there.

And then, out of the corner of his eye, the god saw his bodyguard sitting silently, his gaze turned heavenwards.

"Kibito-san…what are you doing out here?" he yelled.

"Trying to forget things, in my own way." His bass voice echoed across the hills, pricking up 'Shin's ears.

"I see." He cursed himself for being such a fool and drinking so much tonic. He cursed himself for not being able to feel, or not being in the position to feel.

Tears sprang from his eyes, and he covered them up with his hands, ashamed.

Caught up, in life
Losing all my friends
Family has tried, to heal all my addictions
Tragic it seems, to be alone again
I'm giving in to you

Take me under
I'm giving in to you
I'm dying tonight
I'm giving in to you
Watch me crumble
I'm giving in to you
I'm crying tonight
I'm giving in to you

"Kaiooshin-sama! What's wrong?" Kibito lept up as best as his tall, stout frame could manage.

"A lot of things."

"Are you still in mourning?"

"Hai." Kaiooshin felt something else that made him uncomfortable. Kibito's gentle motion of his hand across the deity's back.

Kaiooshin could have sworn at that moment, he was touching his soul. Tears stopped dripping from his eyes, as if by some sort of magic. The whole experience scared him, but was oddly comforting at the same time.

Could it be…? thought the god. No, it can't be. I can't. I can't think of him like this. He is a very good friend, a bodyguard, nothing more. Nothing more.

I look forward, to dying tonight
Drink 'til I'm myself, life's harder every day
The stress has got me
I'm giving in
Giving
Giving in
No!

These dreams must be warping my mind, thought Kaiooshin. I can't see him like that! What will become of us? What?

"I know your thoughts, sir, remember that."

Kibito's voice, oddly calm, snapped Kaiooshin out of his train of self-argument.

"I know you've been having some hard times with a repeating nightmare about the destruction of our world. Remember, Kaiooshin-sama, I am always here for you. And don't worry about your feelings."

"Feelings? What feelings??" The god blushed and grinned sheepishly, belying his intentions with simple body language.

"You know quite well," Kibito grinned. "I felt your emptiness when you awoke because I was not there. I heard the argument you had with yourself to maintain your composure. I, too, have had feelings like these for you…"

"WHAT?" Kaiooshin was bewildered. "Since when?"

"Since I had met you, maybe before." Kibito glanced up at the stars again. "There are some who are meant to be together, forever, as long as their souls exist. I could feel it in my bones from the first time I saw you."

Kaiooshin blushed in response, and let out a nervous chortle. "I-I-I never…"

"You never would have guessed?"

"No, I could guess. It's just I've never had someone before to care for…care about…" Kaiooshin glanced upwards into Kibito's eyes. "Love."

Kibito smiled.

Take me under
(I'm killing all the pain)
I'm dying tonight
(I'm killing all the pain)
Watch me crumble
(I'm killing all the pain)
I'm crying tonight

I'm giving in to you
Take me under
I'm giving in to you
I'm dying tonight
I'm giving in to you
Watch me crumble
I'm giving in to you
I'm crying tonight
I'm giving in to you
Take me under
I'm giving in to you
I'm dying tonight
I'm giving in to you

-Adema, "Giving In"

He took the god by the hand and led him to a secluded spot under the vast canopy of stars. In this moment, it could have belonged to them.

Kibito could still feel Kaiooshin lying down on his lap, shaky, nervous. He gently stroked the god's temples to relax him, receiving a soft moan as a reward.

The bodyguard looked into his eyes, the deep charcoal pools he could spend an eternity drowning in, and took a deep breath.

It was now or never.

He gingerly bent down towards Kaiooshin and kissed him, gently at first, on the lips. The bodyguard was very surprised to find that Kaiooshin was deepening the kiss, trying to make it so their tongues intertwined.

Thoughts raced from one telepath to the other, avowals of love, feelings of completeness, the sheer pleasure of being out under the stars with the person you were intended to be with.

Kibito, trying to breathe, broke the kiss.

"That…that was incredible, no, beyond incredible," smiled the little god, blushing.

"Thank you. It was for me as well." Kibito grinned.

"Could we do this every time I have a nightmare or some other uncertainty?"

"Hai, Kaiooshin-sama." Kibito's grin grew as wide as it possibly could.

They both got up, hand in hand, and headed for Kaiooshin's king-size bed…

Except Kaiooshin had to take a detour in the kitchen and throw all of his bottles of tonic away. He then rushed upstairs, to his bed, where he felt warm.

Safe.

Loved.

He went off peacefully to sleep, assisted by Kibito's stroking his hair.

He was happy he gave in; it granted him access to heaven.

-END

A/N: How did you like it? I know this was an up-all-night fanfic, but hey, I tried. And no flaming, you homophobic bastards!