Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Goku's Daughter?! ❯ A Surprise Worth Remembering ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Goku's Daughter?!

Author's Note: I luv the reviews!!! My other story is doing wonderfully too, so I hope that these stories could be my road to becoming an author!

Disclaimer: I DON'T OWN DBZ!!!

Chapter 22: A Surprise Worth Remembering

A huge box came along with Gohan, Keri, Goten, and Piccolo. It seemed to be moving around in Gohan's arms, which Vegeta thought suspicious. Gohan was sweating a bit, it was terribly heavy.

"What are you going to do with that, brat?" Vegeta asked, eyeing it through a steady glare. Gohan shot Vegeta a death glance, and continued to walk into the Briefs' house. He set down the box wearily. It was a box covered in dark green wrapping paper, with a black bow on top. It looked quite Goth to Gohan, but Goten suggested it so Gohan didn't say anything in protest. Piccolo just stood behind all of this in the doorway, smiling to himself. Goten and Keri were sweat dropping when they saw their box squirming around. Gohan punched it a little, which made a huge dent in its side. The squirms stopped. Gohan smiled nervously, and puffed out the dent again. There was now a big crease going down the side. Keri smiled, yet knew she was the bait in Piccolo's plan, which kinda upset her. She hated being used.

******************

Everyone came. They all sat on the long and extensive couch, saying their hellos, though Vegeta stayed in the corner. Piccolo had instructed Keri to say hi to everyone, including the hermit in the corner (a.k.a. Vegeta) Keri was reluctant to do so; she was shy and wanted Goku there to support her if anything. Keri went around, everyone saying she was a cutie as she shook their hands. Keri was wearing her headband from Namek, she had become practically attached to it. Finally she came to Vegeta, who quite frankly, had scared her a lot sometimes when he was yelling and screaming at Bulma. But she knew she had to put on a happy face and make him come over to the surprise place. She gulped.

"H-Hello, Mr. Vegeta," she said in the cutest seven year old voice you could ever hear in your life. Vegeta turned around sharply, finding Goku's daughter standing there.

"You can call me Vegeta, that's what everyone else calls me," Vegeta said with a scowl. But he couldn't be TOO mad at her; she had that forever curious look on her face that was filled with anger and warrior ness when provoked. Keri smiled.

"All right then Vegeta, would you like to join me and watch the surprise thingamajig?" Keri asked thoughtfully, though she sounded like a mere child, which she was, for a fact. Vegeta spat.

"Of course not, Girl. These mindless festivities do not excite me in blood," Vegeta replied coldly. Keri pouted. Yet she knew for a fact that Vegeta was a stubborn mule; Gohan had told her countless numbers of times. He had developed the knickname "Girl" for her, not "Kakkorott's brat", or even "Stupid weakling", just plain "Girl". She didn't mind it much; in fact she was glad that he wasn't too mean towards her.

"Oh puh-leeeeeease Vegeta, I really would appreciate it if you were there to see it. Believe me, this is one surprise that you WON'T forget." Vegeta had to look her in the eyes at that time. Her emerald ones were shining with plea, and he gave in.

"Well all right, but only for a few moments," Vegeta said with as much gruff as he could in a calm voice. Keri grinned, and led him over to the couch. He sat down next to Bulma, who only slapped him playfully across the arm and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. Vegeta frowned, but didn't say anything.

"I saw the way you treated Keri," Bulma whispered in his ear, grinning to herself. "Since when did you become Mr. I'm-Nice-Around-Kids? The last time I remembered you acting like that towards Gohan or Goten was... never, actually," Bulma added. Vegeta growled.

"Will you shut up already?!" He barked, and everyone became quiet. Gohan, Goten, and Keri looked at Vegeta surprisingly but thankfully.

"Ahem," Gohan said, getting everyone's attention, "We brought you all here for a reason, and in a moment, on the count of three, we're going to rip off this box top and show you you're surprise. One... Two... Three!" Gohan yelled, he, Goten and Keri ripping off the box cover. Everyone looked once, then frowned.

"Look here Gohan, we didn't come all the way out here just to see a plastic cut-out of Goku. Because this isn't funny," Yamcha stated simply, folding his arms. Gohan nodded in agreement.

"You know you're right Yamcha, because this isn't a plastic cut-out, it's actually Goku!" Goten said excitedly, Goku stepping out of the box. He looked around at everyone's gaping mouths. Vegeta wasn't open-mouthed, though; he was scowling like hell. It was like Goku could never die! He just came back to haunt Vegeta, he was sure of it. Goku gave everyone a small pat on the shoulder, including Vegeta, who he gave a smart-alek smirk to before moving on. Vegeta grunted.

"G-Goku?" Bulma stuttered, then screamed, "OH MY GOSH! GOKU YOU'RE ACTUALLY HERE! THANK KAMI!" She gave a huge bear hug to him, along with everyone else. After Goku was hugged by his friends, Keri came over to his leg and hugged that. His leg was warm, which mad it extra comfy. She nuzzled her head against it. He patted her on the head, ruffling her wavy hair a bit. She smiled.

***************************

"Daddy? I think Vegeta's cool," Keri said when they were on the balcony of Bulma's house, Vegeta overhearing the conversation from the couch. Goku looked at her with a strange stare.

"Really? Why?" Goku asked as though no one liked him. Vegeta scowled to himself.

"Well, because he's always nice to me, and I feel bad for him 'cause he always gets made fun of," Keri said sadly. Vegeta didn't like that deep tone of pity in her voice, and scowled at that, too. Goku smiled at his daughter, she was truly pure of heart. He could already tell.

****************************************************************** ********************

You like? Write review to tell me!