Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Goku's Daughter?! ❯ The Great Dino Chase ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Goku's Daughter

Author's Notes: …Not much here…just…listening to music…*does Vash dance* ^.~

Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN DBZ!!!

Chapter 24: The Great Dino Chase

"That was good, Mom," Keri said, and washed her plate at the sink. Chi-Chi smiled.

"I'm glad sweetie," she replied comfortably, and her eyes wandered to Goku. As usual, he was gobbling down his food like some kind of starving animal.

"GOKU!!! STOP THAT INSISTENT AND DISGUSTING BEHAVIOR!!! WHAT KIND OF EXAMPLE ARE YOU SETTING FOR THE CHILDREN?!" Chi-Chi screamed, Keri and Goten looking up. Goku stopped eating, facing Chi-Chi with a confused look. Gohan sighed.

"Oh boy," he muttered under his breath, walking to the sink to help Keri. Goten followed, but Chi-Chi caught him by his collar.

"And where do you think you're going?" She asked, and pointed at his plate. Goten looked at it smugly and went to the sink to clean it.

"There's a good boy," Chi-Chi said with a some pride in her voice, but then scowled at Goku as she started to rant at him again and again about how bad of a role model he was and "Didn't Grandpa Gohan teach you anything?!" and things like that. Once the three siblings were done their jobs, they all snuck quietly outside while their mother was screeching insanely.

Once they went out of the house and in safe territory, Keri giggled hilariously. Goten and Gohan started to laugh, and they all stopped when they were tired of laughing.

"Oh man, that was funny, but for a minute I was actually scared of her!" Gohan said, and the three just laughed even more. Keri suddenly jolted up from the grass, looking to both sides. Goten and Gohan stopped laughing almost instantaneously, and looked at Keri curiously.

"What's wrong Ker?" Goten asked, and Keri gave him a small glare. Goten just glared back, and they both were glaring at each other until Keri stopped. She rubbed her eyes.

"Man, I never knew that glaring hurts your eyes a lot. How does Vegeta do that 24'7 and not feel like his vein is going to pop?" Keri complained, and Gohan broke into laughter. Goten just grinned triumphantly knowing that he had beat her in the so called glaring contest.

"Well, seriously Keri, what did you sense when you stopped laughing all of a sudden?" Gohan asked, and Keri snapped her head back in attention to his question.

"Huh? Oh, right. Well, I was laughing hard, and then, all of a sudden, I heard this big-" Keri was cut off by a large sound that sounded quite like a-

THUMP.

Keri, Gohan, and Goten all turned in that direction now, and felt the ground rumble beneath them as the noise grew louder.

THUMP.

Keri's flesh crawled at the sound; Goten began to grow scared also.

THUMP.

Gohan pondered what it could be, and the thought finally came to him. It had to be a-

THUMP.

"Dinosaur!" Goten yelled as a large creature descended upon them. Gohan looked up. It had to be some kind of carnivorous one, its teeth were huge. Goten and Keri were shaken with fear, so Gohan scooped them up right when the dinosaur lurched its mouth down. Goten and Keri looked up, opening their eyes, both stricken with delight after that experience.

"GOHAN!!!" They both cried happily, but the dinosaur was still chasing after the small beam of light which traveled quickly through the night sky.

"Don't thank me guys, we gotta divert this dino away from the house and into the f0rest!" Gohan yelled to make sure that they could hear him, he was going pretty fast. Keri looked at him fearfully.

"But we can't make it through all those vines and trees and stuff! We'll get killed! Plus, if we go over the forest, the big ugly thing won't find us and it will just go back to the house and prey after mom and dad!" Keri yelled back, and Gohan paused in his mind to think. He flashed down onto the ground, putting down the two.

"Then I guess we'll have to run, and make the dino trip and fall into a trap or something," Gohan said, running fast with his two siblings, who had some trouble catching up. He slowed down for them.

"How far is the waterfall from here?" Goten asked, grimacing at the thought of running for miles all night. He was pretty tired.

"Only a couple of miles. You'll be fine, Goten. Don't worry. Just hope that we don't run into another... meat... eater." Gohan was stopped mid-sentence as he saw two other carnivores surrounding them, the third about to join in less than a minute. Keri and Goten huddled around Gohan, who stood, speechless, in the middle. Keri's eyes were practically bulging out of their sockets as she saw the sharp canines.

She shrieked. Goten and Gohan tried to cover her mouth, but it was too late. The dinos were after them, all lurching their teeth toward the middle. But right before anything happened, Keri powered up and blasted each of the dinos in the mouth with a small energy sphere. They all cried out in agony, some blood falling from their gums. This gave the three enough time to run away quickly and get back to the fields near their home. All of them were panting exhaustedly, then Gohan gave a warm smile to Keri.

"That was great sis," He said, smiling at his little sister. She beamed for the last time that day, and sighed.

"I agree with Gohan, Keri, that was way cool." Keri smiled at Goten, and then looked back at Gohan.

"I know I did a lot of stuff, but Gohan saved both of our lives," Keri said, looking at Goten while she was saying the sentence. Gohan grinned.

"Heh, I don't think that I'll be able to save any of us once we get back in the house."

********************

Did you like my little joke at the end? Eh? Hehehe, I guess I just like doing that kind of thing. Anyway, I would luv to hear your reviews about this chapter! So review, review, review!