Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Goku's Daughter?! ❯ Stories of the Past ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Goku's Daughter?!

Author's Note: So sorry if the chapter seems a bit pointless…it really DOES have a meaning later, I swear! Readers: Yeah, suuuuuuuuure it does…

Disclaimer: I DON'T OWN DBZ!!!

Chapter 26: Behind the Waterfall

Keri laid on the grass, she was done studying for today but she was too tired to train. She and Chi-Chi had made an agreement about studying and training anyway, and if Keri could remember quite clearly, 4 days of the week are studying (and maybe training if she finishes early) and the other 3 are left for training. Keri had told Goku that she wanted to design her own training suit instead of wearing the orange one. Goku said she could, because a lot of Keri's training was from herself.

"I'm so bored," she said, looking at the blue sky. She winced as the sun came into view, and closed her eyes. She sat up, Keri could still feel the sun's rays beating down on her eyelids even if she shut them. Keri ran into the forest with as much energy as she could muster up, then sitting next to the quiet waterfall where Piccolo usually sat and meditated. But strangely enough, he wasn't there today. Keri glanced at the spot confusingly, but didn't say anything. She tapped her chin as she levitated clumsily to the spot where Piccolo SHOULD have been, and sat down there herself. The water from the fall sprayed down on her, and Keri blinked in surprise as she quickly got away from that spot. She brushed the water off of her baggy light green pants and forest green tank-top.

"Eww, how can Piccolo just sit there and get wet all the time? His clothes must be soaking after he finishes his so-called training," Keri said surprisingly yet disgustingly. She looked at the waterfall through one wary eye, then stopped. She went closer to the water, noticing that there was something hollow inside of the cliff where the waterfall was formed.

"Hello?" She called, her voice echoing in the darkness. Keri got even closer, not noticing all of the water that came splashing down just a few inches away.

"HELLO?!" She yelled, this time the place behind the waterfall trembling. Keri jumped back at the sound of rocks falling, and didn't dare scream like that again. But the cliff still stayed firm, which put Keri at some ease. She wanted to get inside that place, but was afraid of all the water pressure slamming down on her, she didn't feel full of energy today. But due to her curiosity, Keri built a glowing white aura around herself, and went through the waterfall with as much force as possible. Keri looked around, she actually didn't hit a wall. There was a cave inside the cliff! Keri looked around in wonder, it was dark and kind of cold in there. The water only went up to her ankles, but Keri decided to fly inside here because she didn't want to get her feet wet. This place was the last one that you'd want to get a cold in.

"Daddy never told me about a cave inside the waterfall," Keri said, her eye wide as she noticed the engravings along the walls. There was a picture of a red dragon, the color of its skin dripping off and fading heavily from the erosion of the land over time. Keri wondered how old the picture might have been, but quickly changed that thought when she realized that she was beginning to cough and sneeze.

"Oh great job Ker, you just realized that you're wet when you start to sneeze and wheeze," Keri told herself with an upset tone in her voice as she tried to puff up the small sleeve of her tank-top. But to her unfortunate distaste, the clothing clinged to her skin like duct tape. She then felt her pants, shirt, and undershirt cling to her skin, all of them wet and cold from rushing through the waterfall. Keri blushed immediately, embarrassed, and felt warm. She smiled at that, but then she felt her spine chill over as the feeling passed. Keri sighed, but continued into the cave, with no regard to the small warning that the picture might have given her if she had looked harder.

"Hmm, what's this?" Keri asked herself as she saw some letters on a wall at the end of the cave. She traced her index finger over it, but before she could ponder over the meanings, the cave wall opened, revealing a very large shadow in the chamber. Keri could feel a sneeze coming, and couldn't stop it.

"Achoo!" Keri sneezed heavily and full-heartedly, making the shadow stir from its peaceful slumber. Keri shivered in fear yet stood her ground as she saw two eyelids opening quickly. Keri jumped at that, then bit her lip when she saw red eyes flashing wildly with anger. Keri screamed, and the creature went after her. Keri went through the waterfall again, but much faster than the creature, so she was able to close the entrance off. But surprisingly, she did not hear snorts, or see any red light inside the cave as she carefully went to inspect her closing. There wasn't even a big shadow. All she could see through the crack was a small cave with stalactites hanging from the ceiling and water calmly flowing through. Keri looked at this suspiciously, she couldn't have imagined that thing. It was too REAL to IMAGINE... yet Keri had been kind of weak when she had explored the cave, she could've been hallucinating.

"Yeah, that's probably it, I'm just not myself today, that's all," Keri said quietly, and flew off. But in the darkness, somewhere in there, a small laugh echoed in the cave.

"Soon Keri, so very soon, those hallucinations of yours will become a reality."

************************************************************** ************

Now what exactly does that thing in the cave mean? Well, you'll just have to wait for Keri to grow a little bit older until THAT happens... but in the meantime, write a review!