Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter Z and the Sorcerer's Stone ❯ A Strange Boy ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Strange Boy

Pivet Drive was as normal as normal can be. Well, except for one house of course. Number 4, Pivet Drive, although looked like an exceptionally normal house, had behind its doors a secret. This secret began on Halloween Night, several years ago.

It was just another normal day in the neighborhood. Unlike most other neighborhoods, Pivet Drive did not allow trick or treating, thanks to the Dursley's. Overall, it was a quiet and clear night. The moon was full and the stars ever so gleaming into the sky.

At the edge of the street, stood an elderly man with a pointy hat. The man did not crouch over, nor did he walk like an average elderly person would by the look of his age. He ever so quietly walked in the middle of the street and raised a small pocket lighter that when opened and pointed to one of the street lights the light itself, not the bulb but the illumination, would pull away and go into the lighter. Soon all the streetlights were out and the moon was the only thing illuminating. A tabby cat meows from behind a bush as the old man places the lighter back into his pocket of his robes.

"Professor McGonagall, I'm not surprised to see you here," said the man looking upon the tabby cat, which revealed itself from the bush. The cat began to grow quickly, transfiguring into a middle-aged woman wearing emerald-green robes, which you would only truly see if the street was lit better, and a stern face.

"I'm sorry Professor Dumbledore, but I had to observe the Dursley's, and I must ask you. Are you sure you want to leave this strange child in their care?" asked McGonagall. "They already have a child of their own and it is beyond spoiled. I've never seen a child as big as him while only being a little more that 4 years old. And do I need to mention that these people are more Muggle than any other Muggles I've ever seen?"

"Albeit they may seem over zealous of there ways, but I must say that my idea will work. Babidi will never expect him to be in care of Muggles," replied Dumbledore.

"So it is true then, is it Albus? Babidi's creation was destroyed?" She asked in an anxious voice.

"It is true, after so many lives lost. Voldermort is gone, but Babidi still remains, he still poses a threat but for now we come to a time of peace for the Wizarding World," he paused and looked at McGonagall, "All thanks to a strange boy, if that's what you want to call him."

"I meant nothing by it Professor, Its just odd that a young boy such as him was capable of destroying a creation when no wizard on Earth could. We know nothing of his parents except that they were killed shortly before the Voldermort's demise, but as for what kind of people and their capabilities were," she rebuked.

"Alas, Minerva. I did not mean to cut into your emotions like so, I was only teasing," he said as he pulled out an old pocket watch. "Hagrid should be here any minute now."

"Are you sure it was wise to trust Hagrid with a job as important like this?" She said in a stern voice.

"I would trust Hagrid with my life, Professor McGonagall," with a stern voice of his own.

No sooner as Dumbledore broke eye contact with McGonagall a huge man appear infront of them out of thin air. This man was twice the length of a full grow man, and just as wide as one is tall. His hands were as big as trashcan lids, his face as rugged as a forest man. He held large pink umbrella in his right hand and an oversized basket in his left arm gripped ever so gently. "Sorry fer de wait, didn wana aken thee ol tyke."

"No worries Hagrid," said Professor Dumbledore in a more pleasant tone, "Now, bring young Harry Potter to the doorstep with me."

"So das his name, eh? Ee dos ent ook ike a Harry," said Hagrid.

"Well, of course that's not his real name, but it will be the name everyone will hear and come to know. Another reason why I want him to live with this family," said Dumbledore.

"How will we know for sure that these people won't just abandon poor Harry, or send him to an orphanage? They do seem the type to do so." explained McGonagall.

"I'd afta agree wit da Professar, Professar? I'd mean, we dose ent know dees eople and fro wat McGonagall sez, they'd not take ood care of dis little feller." said Hagrid with a worried face.

"Now my friends, I've already arranged that Harry will stay here and not end up in some orphanage. We will be watching this family until the time comes when we call upon Harry and bring him to the school, but until thing, we must stand back and watch from afar. It is best for Harry," explained Dumbledore.

Hagrid walked up to the doorstep and placed the basket, containing Harry, upon the front doorstep. Tears like big raindrops fell from his big dark brown eyes and rolled onto his bushy black beard. Dumbledore stepped up with McGonagall and placed a sealed envelope right next to Harry, noticing that Harry had a scar on his forehead, shaped like a lighting bolt.

"Interesting," said Dumbledore as he pondered the meaning of it.

"Do you think it will heal, Albus?" asked McGonagall.

"No Minerva, I think he will have that scar for the rest of his days," Dumbledore gave the notion it was time to leave. Hagrid became more teary and started weeping a little the further they walked away. "Now, now Hagrid, its not really goodbye. We shall see Harry again."

"Yer right, Professar. Its ust dat I dose ent ike oodbyes." Said a weeping Hagrid.

"Neither do I," Dumbledore said back, "Neither do I."

The trio walked back to the darkest edge of the road. Dumbledore dug out his pocket lighter, raised it into the air and opened it. All the lights were thrown back into the streetlights and the street became properly illuminated once again. And then the trio were gone without a trace.