Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter Z and the Sorcerer's Stone ❯ The Zoo ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Zoo

"Come on, let's go. I want to go now!" Ordered an impatient Dudley as him and Piers ran into the backseat of the car. Mrs. Dursley soon followed Dudley, getting into the passenger seat as then Mr. Dursley and Harry came out last. Harry walked down the 3 steps that it took to get to the door and took a deep breath of the air. Harry didn't get to go out much except for going to and from school. The sun beating down on him was refreshing. It came to an end by a shadow of an overgrown man casting over him.

"I am warning you now, boy. If anything funny happens-anything, you'll be spending everyday in the cupboard until Christmas," said the purple faced Mr. Dursley.

"Like that is any different from now," Harry said to himself quietly so no one else could hear as he was walking to the back seat of the car. Harry spent most of his time in the cupboard, if not for being in trouble then by his own free will, where he mostly read his books. He hated living in the house with the Dursleys. They weren't his real family; saying he was adopted from a family that was killed in a car wreck, but refused to have Harry call them Mom and Dad, they settled with Aunt and Uncle. Everyday he woke up; he wished that he were somewhere else, somewhere far away. A place where he could go outside and lay in the grass, go swimming, go fishing, he longed to see forests and mountains.

The ride to the zoo was no different than any other car ride with Dudley, except add one more hand flipping Harry in the ear ever few minutes due to Piers being with them. Dudley loved to get Harry mad enough to yell at him and then watch Harry get in trouble for yelling at him. It was like a game to him seeing how long Harry gets sent to the cupboard. Sending Harry to the cupboard was about the only punishment he got besides more chores. The one time Mr. Dursley did hit Harry, his car mysteriously exploded moments afterwards. The cause of the explosion was never determined. Mr. Dursley tried to blame it on Harry but it was impossible for him to do so and yet still be right in front of Mr. Dursley.

They got to the zoo no sooner than what Harry wanted. His ear was red and numb from all the flicks he had received from Piers and Dudley. Everyone got out of the car and began their way into the zoo entrance. Dudley and Piers in front followed by Mrs. Dursley trying to keep up with the two boys. Mr. Dursley, however, kept Harry right next to him in the back. He wanted to keep a stern eye on the boy so he won't cause any trouble on his son's birthday.

After two hours, it seemed that only Harry was the only one enjoying the zoo. They saw the monkey's, the giraffes, the elephants, the rhinos, the lions, the tigers, the bears, the gorillas, the pandas, and even the insect house where only Harry knew the names for almost all of the bugs that were in there. Mr. Dursley made it clear that the reptile house was the last stop of the day before heading home.

"MOVE!" yelled Dudley as he banged on the window of the Burmese Python exhibit, "Come on, MOVE! Dad make it move!"

Mr. Dursley gave three taps on the window and raised his voice but it did nothing. The python stayed motionless as if it was made of stone. Infuriated, Dudley and Piers went off to the next exhibit along with Mr. and Mrs. Dursley. Harry stayed behind, watching the snake and talking to the snake as if it could understand him.

"Sorry about that. He is a little short tempered when he doesn't get his way. In fact he's even like that when he does get his way," said Harry while placing his head on his crossed arms, leaning on the rail in front of the glass. The snake's eyes opened and glanced over at Harry. "I can relate to you. I am in captivity as well, or so that is what it feels like to me." The snake moved closer to the glass, ever so slowly. This wasn't unusual for Harry. He has always had an affinity with animals. The snake slithered all the way up to the glass and extended its body to be eye to eye with Harry. Harry just stood there smiling back at the snake. He was actually happy for a change.

Dudley and Piers spotted Harry still over at the python and then noticed that the snake moving. Not only moving, but it's also right next to the glass. Quickly, Dudley ran over there as fast as his chubby legs could carry them. Piers walked the way over, not too eager to see the snake, but more wanting to annoy Harry. Dudley pushed Harry to the side, nearly pushing him to the ground. The snake went back down to the ground when it saw the big chubby blonde head of Dudley. Harry gripped the railing so tight from anger that if buckled, leaving his handprints permanently imprinted. Piers walked behind Harry, who was glaring down at the floor trying to calm himself down, and grabbed Harry by the shoulders and pulled him away from where he was standing. Harry lost balance and fell to the floor.

That moment, something in Harry snapped. He had enough of it. He got up from the floor, walked back to Piers, pulled him away from his spot onto the ground and stood where he once was, facing Piers. Piers got back up, "Big mistake there, Potter," he said as he put up his fists.