Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter Z and the Sorcerer's Stone ❯ Bump in the Night ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bump in the Night

Mr. Dursley took his whole family to several random places ranging from motels to campgrounds. They finally ended up on an island in a ran-down wooden cabin next to a lighthouse. The cabin was cold and damp, the only heat was the poorly lit fire in the what supposed to be, a living room. "Too bad I didn't keep any of those letters," said Mr. Dursley as he was stirring the fire with the poker, "this fire could fancy a few of those."

Mr. Dursley went upstairs to sleep while Mrs. Dursley was already ahead of him. Dudley was sleeping on the beat up couch near the fire, leaving Harry nothing but a tore up blanket and the floor to sleep on. Harry didn't mind so much. He was awake. At midnight, it will be his birthday, eleven years old to be exact. Harry's birthday weren't really memorable to say the least. Last year he was given one sock and a broken hanger from the Dursleys. Still, you're only eleven once in a lifetime, he said to himself to cheer him up. He drew a cake into the dirt floor with eleven candles. He then eagerly waited for the old clock in the room to chime.

The clock struck midnight. The chime of the clock filled the room almost as loud as Mr. Dursley's muffled snoring. Harry turned and looked at his cake that he drew. "Happy Birthday Harry," he said to himself. He blew away the drawing and wished his birthday wish.

BOOM

Dudley awoken frantically as Harry quickly got to his feet staring at the door. The sound of Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, up stairs, could be heard.

BOOM

The front door buckled. Someone or something wanted inside. Dudley ran to the stairs to meet Mrs. Dursley. She grabbed him and pulled him until their backs hit the wall. Mr. Dursley had an old rifle that barely looked functional. "Go Away, I tell you, or I will shoot!" he yelled to the door.

BOOM

The door caved in, slamming on the ground. A huge figure stood in the doorway. So big in fact that it blocked almost all the entry itself. Harry stood between the Dursleys and the giant figure. The figure took a step in and revealed himself as a huge, rugged man with a big, bushy beard.

"Eh, orry about that," he said with a deep voice, noticing that he broken the door. "I'll fix dat in a jiffy."

He picked up the wooden door with ease and placed it over the doorway. Both hinges were broken and the doorknob was in pieces. "Almost as good, as new," he said. "Now, onto da business."

He walked passed Harry and went straight for Mr. Dursley, who was standing nervously, shaking his gun. "Get out of my house!" he said in a quivering voice putting the gun to the huge man's chest.

"Ya know, you ought not play with tings like this," he calmly said as he grabbed the end of the barrel that was placed into his chest. He then bent the barrel straight up, "you could hurt somebody or yerself."

Mr. Dursley just stood there, slowly backing up towards Mrs. Dursley and Dudley, with a face of near faint. "So, Harry, yer sure have growned," he said while looking toward Dudley, "a bit out more than up but I shouldn't really talk about dat," he laughed why holding his own gut.

"Eh, excuse me, I'm Harry," said Harry with a confused face. He had recognized this huge man, but only from a dream, or so he thought.

"Oh, excuse me, eh," the man said while looking over at Harry, "so that you are, I should ave recognized you when I walked in here. I'm sorry."

"Its okay," said Harry, "Umm..who are you?"

The man walked over to the couch and sat down. He pulled up his umbrella with a pink top and pointed it to the fire. Two balls of fire shot out and went into the fire, increasing the size of the flames and lighting up the room more. "The name is Rubeus Hagrid, Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts." He dug his huge hand into his pocket, pulled out a box. "Happy Birthday Harry, oh you might want to watch it though, I sat on it a bit."

"Thanks!" said Harry, smiling as he opened the box to see a cake with HAPPY 11th BIRTHDAY, HARRY etched on it with green icing. Harry placed the box on the table and turned back at Hagrid, "So what is all this about? I've don't remember meeting you before."

"Of course you don't," said Hagrid, "you were only a mere tyke when we brought you to the Dursley's, but surely you heard about what was going to happen."

"Uhh…no," said Harry, "could you enlighten me a bit."

Hagrid stood up, angry, glaring over at the Dursleys. "You mean to tell me, dat tis boy doesn't know about anything!?"

"We made an agreement to flush all this freakish nonsense out of him," said Mr. Dursley in a stern but still quivering voice, "if it was left to us to raise him, we were going to do it so he can be accepted into out society."

"Unfortunately, he's too much a freak, like the rest of you, to let go and become civilized," added Mrs. Dursley, letting go of Dudley who went straight for Harry's cake.

Hagrid's glare got more intense, "Et's go Harry, you'd need not wurry about teese people any longer," he said.

"Tell that crackpot loon, Dumbledore, that we want the rest of the money he promised," said Mr. Dursley, over zealously. Hagrid charged at Mr. Dursley and pointed the end of his umbrella to Mr. Dursley's face.

"Don't you ever, ever say a bad thing about Albus Dumbledore in front of me," Hagrid said with a cold stare at Mr. Dursley that made him lose all color. He looked over to the table to see Dudley eating Harry's birthday cake. "As for the rest of your payment," Hagrid said as he pointed his umbrella to Dudley.

A white bolt shot out of the tip and hit Dudley in the ass. A pink, spiral tail, like you would see on a pig, grew out from where the bolt hit. Dudley started panicking and ran all around the cabin. Mrs. Dursley screamed and fainted when she saw that he little Dudley-Poo was partly transfigured. "Consider that the rest of your payment, since you mistreated Harry," finished Hagrid.

Harry stood next to Hagrid, laughing at Dudley's new tail. Finally he got what he deserved is what he was thinking. Harry and Hagrid left the cabin and departed on the only boat on the island.

"Um, Hagrid," said Harry while getting onto the boat, "this is the boat we got here on."

"Aye that it is," said Hagrid.

"How did you get here then?" asked Harry.

"Uh, dat's a bit more complicated to explain, dare Harry. But you'll know soon enough," said Hagrid as he began rowing the boat. Harry took one last look at the cabin and smiled because he knew that he will no longer have to stay with the Dursleys again.