Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter Z and the Sorcerer's Stone ❯ Truth be Told ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Truth be Told

Hagrid and Harry got onto the shore where Mr. Dursley rented the boat. They took the bus back into town where they were dropped off next to an old, boarded up pub.

"Ook, Harry. I'm sorry for what happened back there. I kinda let me tempter get the best of me," said Hagrid in a worried voice.

"It's okay Hagrid," said Harry smiling back at Hagrid, who released him from the burden of the Dursleys, "I do have one question though."

"What's that?" asked Hagrid.

"Where are you taking me?" asked Harry.

"Oh, well lets get inside and have a meal before we turn in fer da night," said Hagrid, "I'll explain everything that I can to you."

Harry agreed and Hagrid opened the door to the boarded shop. Inside there were several people dressed in odd looking robes sitting in various places of the candle lit room. The barkeep looked up and said, "Hagrid ol' chap, how are ye?"

"Good, good, not bad tat tall," he responded as he approached the bar. "In need of a couple of rooms for the night, but before that, need a little bit of food."

A look of amazement fell upon the barkeeps face, "That scar…., Hagrid!? Is that….Is that Harry Potter!?"

"Aye dat it is," said Hagrid. Harry was dumbfounded. He knew that he has never been here, nor met this person. The other people in the room began shifting their attention towards Harry. The whispers rose up to be loud chatter such as,

"Is that him?"

"It couldn't be!"

"The scar, look he bears the scar!"

"He's still a mere boy."

Harry and Hagrid sat down at a table off to one of the sides of the room. The room got quiet again, but not as before. The barkeep brought a couple of bowls of stew and some bread, stout for Hagrid and a glass of milk for Harry. "Compliments of the Leaky Cauldron," said the barkeep before he shuffled off back to the bar.

"Hagrid? What happened here? How do all these people know who I am?" asked Harry in a puzzled tone.

"Well, Harry. It's really all because of yer scar," said Hagrid before he took a big gulp of his stout. "See, that scar is the reason people know who you are. Yer actually a celebrity of a sort in the Wizarding World."

"The Wizarding World? How does my scar enter this? I have no idea how I got it, I don't remember anything prior to the morning I woke up at the Dursleys," said Harry even more confused.

"Listen Harry, and listen carefully. I ought not tell ya dis but maybe it will help you out some," explained Hagrid. "Seven years ago, a powerful wizard named Babidi came into power. He was an extremely powerful wizard. He created a creature out of something that is still unknown to us this day. It was dark times, Harry. Wizards left and right were trying to stop Babidi and his creation, Voldermort."

Hearing that name made Harry flash back to his reoccurring dream. The insect-like creature, absorbing what he believes now, was his true family. The scar on his brow began to burn slightly from remembering.

"So what happened to them, Hagrid?" asked Harry while he was holding his hand over his scar.

"The full story, I do not know. I arrived to the scene with just you and a few others still alive and what little bit of remains that were scattered and charred of you-know-who. When I picked you up, you were bleeding from the forehead where your scar is today."

Harry sat there, his appetite had left him. He realized that this was all true. His dreams where true. He was told lies all the times that he could remember. "What happened to the others that survived?" asked Harry.

"They were taken to Hogwarts and nursed back to health," replied Hagrid. "We didn't want to take the chance of Babidi coming back at you so we hid you with the Dursleys."

Harry also finally realized the truth. He was truly alone. His family gone. The other survivors were strangers that he didn't knew, and if he did, he wouldn't remember.

"I'm sorry Harry," said a teary eyed Hagrid.

"Its not your fault Hagrid, but why am I going to a Wizard's school if I am not a true wizard?"

"Professar Dumbledore wants to be able to see if we can learn more about your past and hopefully jar yer memory back. While we are doing that, he thought it would be for the best to be around others that are more like you than the Dursley."

A twinkle of hope reentered Harry's dark brown eyes followed by a smile. The thought that he would get his memory back and be around others without the constant taunting of Dudley and the Dursleys was uplifting.

The two settled in that night in their separate rooms. Hagrid's snoring, which resembled the sound of boulders smashing down along the mountainside, could be heard all over the building. Harry was fast asleep. For the first time, he was sleeping in a comfortable bed that wasn't in the cupboard under the stairs at Number 4 Pivet Lane.