Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter Z and the Sorcerer's Stone ❯ Diagon Alley ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Diagon Alley

Harry awoke early the next morning from another nightmare. He was covered in sweat and out of breath. You then realized that they are getting worse, and more vivid. Now knowing that his nightmares are actually his memories trying to break free, a little bit of relief befell on him. Harry lay back down onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. The past day had been the most unusual day that he has ever experience, and this is the first time he was able to ponder on it. For six year, he was told that there was no magic, no creatures, and that he would never amount to anything. Now his world was flipped upside down and inside out. "But if I'm not a wizard, then what am I? Who am I?" were the questions that ran throughout his head all morning.

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK

Hagrid was awake and knocking on Harry's door. "Come'on Harry, Time to get up. We've gots lots to do," he said on the other side of the door.

Harry got out of bed, put on his cloths and went downstairs with Hagrid. The two walked in the back where a door led them to a walled in courtyard that was no bigger than Harry's room he had last night. In the middle of the front wall was a hole where a chunk of bricks wear seeming to be missing. Hagrid pulled out his umbrella.

"Three up, two across," said Hagrid to himself, "aight Harry, stand back."

Hagrid tapped on the bricks with the tip of his umbrella. After he tapped the last one, the wall began to shake slightly. Then brick after brick after brick kept on folding on the other bricks causing a complete hole in the wall that grew bigger by the brick. Before he knew it, Harry was staring through an archway. On the other side amazed him even more. Another alleyway like no other, laid with cobblestone for the street, crowded full of people wearing the same apparel as the people in the Leaky Cauldron.

"Welcome to Diagon Alley, Harry," said Hagrid.

Harry's jaw was open with amazement. At that time, he wished that his head could rotate 360 degrees. Amazing stores ranging from apparel, to cauldrons, to wands, to who knows what else. Harry wanted to go to each and ever window just to see.

"First things first," said Hagrid, "we have to get you your money."

"Money?" said Harry in an inquisitive manner, "I don't have any money."

"Well Harry, you'll just have to see for yourself now wonchya," said Hagrid with a certain gleem.

The two walked to a gigantic white building. The name of the building had the word, Gringgots. They continued up the numerous steps towards the door, there stood two midget looking people with pointed noses, ears, and fingers, with sharp teeth and wicked smiles.

"Uhh..Hagrid, what are those?" Harry asked.

"Goblins, Harry. Mean ones at that. Clever as they are, but almost no manners," replied Hagrid.

They walked into the building and went through the huge glamorous corridor. Hagrid took Harry

to a clerk with the sign, "Deposits/Withdrawals."

"Ahem, Young Mr. Harry Potter wishes to make a withdrawal." Hagrid said after clearing his

throat trying to get the attention of the goblin behind the counter.

"Is that so," said the goblin in a rude manner, "does Mr. Potter have his key?"

"Wait a tick," said Hagrid as he dug his hand into his coat pockets. About five minutes passed

before he was able to retrieve a small key from his pocket. "Ah, ere it is. Oh and also, here is a note from Professor Dumbledore. It's about you know what, in you know which vault."

Hagrid gives the goblin a letter like the one Harry received many times over, but with this one, it

was sealed, tied, and stamped TOP SECRET on it. "Very well," said the goblin in a more polite manner, "Griphook, show these two to their respective vaults."

The two followed Griphook down several stairs until they came upon a cart. The cart had seats in

the front and back and one in the middle of the back, along with the controls, that was built especially for a person the size of a goblin. Everyone sat on it, buckled up, and Griphook sent them down a tunnel, downward. After a few minutes speeding down in the dark, it opened up to a huge catacomb filled with tracks, lanterns, and vaults. Harry peered over the side of the cart and saw that the catacombs continued down hundreds and hundreds of feet. The bottom was completely black to him. Hagrid appeared a little greener than usual, he wasn't one for fast rides.

They came to a stop in front of vault. Griphook hopped down and got the key from Hagrid. He

unlocked the vault door and opened it. To Harry's amazement, piles and pile of gold, silver, and bronze coins were stacked in there. "Tis all yours Harry," said Hagrid.

"All mine, but how?" asked Harry in amazement.

"Harry, my lad, there is a saying that I picked up from the muggle-world. Oh what was it, oh yes,

you can lead a horse to water, but never look it in the mouth," said Hagrid, "Now all you need to remember about wizard money is, the gold coins are galleons, the silver coins are sickles, and the bronze ones are knuts. One galleon is seventeen sickles, one sickle is twenty-nine knuts. Easy e'nuff."

The trio boarded the cart once again, after Harry filled a bag full of coins, and sped down further

into the catacombs. They stopped at number 713. The vault door was different from Harry's, this one didn't have a keyhole. Griphook jumped out of the cart and went to the front of the door where he took his pointy finger and scrapped it along the center crevice of the door. The sound of several latches and gears were heard and the door slowly opened. A bag with what seems to be a small orb inside of it was sitting in there, nothing else. The orb was the same size as a softball. "Best not tell anyone about this Harry," said Hagrid.

They left the bank and went for the shops that they saw when they first entered the alley. "Okay

Harry, I got one last thing to do before we go, but while Ist do this, go on ahead and grab whatcha need," said Hagrid.

"What is it that I need Hagrid? I have no clue," said Harry.

"Sure ya do, open that letter and it gives ya a list of tings. Now, I'll meet up with you in a bit,

around here."

Hagrid walked off into the alley and there stood Harry in the middle of a bunch of shops and

people. He opened his letter to find the list. He looked around for the right shop that corresponded with his list. "Definitely going to need some cloths," said Harry to himself while looking at the oversized rags he wore.

Harry walked into the closest store with robes in the window. A woman taking measurements of a

young girl looked up at Harry and spoke, "Hogwarts?" she asked.

Harry nodded.

"Aye-yi-yi, there are sure a lot of you this year. Take a seat over there and I'll get to you soon

enough," she said while pointing to the few chairs next to the window.

Another was sitting with Harry, a young boy that looked the same age as Harry. He had blonde

hair that was slicked back which revealed his widow's peak. He sat there with a look of impatient disgust upon his face until Harry sat down.

"Are you a first year as well?" He asked Harry as he was sitting down.

"Uhh…yeah, its kinda been a little hectic today," said Harry.

"Yes, that why I am here while my father is getting my books and my mother is looking at

wands," said the boy in a bored voice, "I'm going to see if my father will buy me a racing broom even though we first years can't have them. I can sneak it in."

Harry thought to himself, "Of all the people in this world, I get stuck with a skinny version of

another Dudley."

"So what kind of broom do you have?" asked the boy, dragging on the conversation.

"Eureka," said Harry in a sarcastic tone.

"I've never heard of that one. How old is it?"

"Oh it's quite old, mostly kept in the closest now in the kitchen."

"Oh," said the boy in a confused manner, "well do you play Quidditch?"

"No," Harry responded wondering what Quidditch was.

"I play, Father told me that it will be outrageous if I don't get to play on the house team. Do you

know what house you'll be in?" asked the boy.

"No idea." Harry said while feeling stupider by the minute.

"I am certain to get into Slytherin, even though no one ever knows for sure. My whole family was

in that house when they attended Hogwarts. Can you imagine being in Hufflepuff though? If I got placed in there, I'd leave the following morning. Wouldn't you?"

Scrambling for an answer, Harry's critical thinking was interrupted by the boy pointing and saying, "Look at him!" Hagrid was on the other side of the window holding ice cream. He was motioning to Harry that he couldn't come in.

"That's Hagrid, he works at Hogwarts," said Harry to the boy.

"I've heard of him. He was around when my father was there. He says he is a big dumb bloat. He wasn't far from the truth.," said the boy coldly.

"I beg to differ," said Harry in a stern tone.

"Oh? Why are you with him? Where are your parents?"

"They died seven years ago," Harry's blood began to boil. The boy has struck a nerve.

"Oh, I'm sorry," said the boy in a non-condescending voice, "They weren't muggles were they?"

"I have no clue, I have no memory of them."

"Honestly, I don't understand why they let muggle-borns into Hogwarts. They are different, they either don't know enough or nothing at all about our world until the letter. I think they should keep it restricted for wizarding families. By the way, what is your surname?"

Before Harry could answer, the blonde boy was called to be next. "Guess I'll see you at Hogwarts," he said while going onto the stool.

Harry was relieved that he didn't have to talk to him anymore. He sneaked out the door and went to Hagrid to eat his ice cream before it melted. He was rather quiet when he was eating it.

"What's wrong?" asked Hagrid.

"Nothing," Harry lied. He finished his ice cream and went back inside. Not too long afterwards he had gotten his new robs and other cloths. The two walked down a little further to buy quill and parchment when Harry finally gave in, "Hagrid, what is Quidditch?"

"Damn, I keep fergetting that you don't know anything about this world," Hagrid said, "Well it's a game like soccer that wizards play, but its on brooms and with 4 balls."

"Hagrid, I don't understand this. I'm going to a school for magic and yet I don't do magic. I think they will notice me," said Harry in an unconfident voice.

Hagrid stopped, turned to Harry, and bent down to his height, "Listen Harry, I know you are very confused and worried, and I don't blame ye. I would be too if I were in yer shoes. But the best place fer ye to be is at Hogwarts. There we can find a way to bring back the memory you've lost and perhaps find out what makes you special."

Harry nodded and they continued on. The nearly finished their list by the time they stopped at Ollivander's. "Go on ahead Harry. Just one thing though and Dumbledore told me this. He's going to have you try out wands and since ye ain't a wizard, they will most likey do nothing. Just take the third one you get and you'll be fine," explained Hagrid, "I gotta go get the last thing we need. I'll be back shortly."

Harry walked into Ollivander's to see stacks upon stacks of small long boxes. They were on the floor, on the shelves, everywhere. An old man jumped off his ladder in front of Harry. "Ah, Mr. Potter. I've been waiting for this day to sell you your wand."

Harry was worried. He knew he didn't have magic, he knew he wasn't a wizard. How was he going to explain why a wand won't work. The old man gave him the first wand. "Go on, give it a flick," said the old man. Nothing happened.

"Curious," said the old man. "Here try this one,"

Harry flicked it, and again nothing.

"Most curious," pondered the old man. He fetched the third one and gave it to Harry. Harry flicked it and suddenly, red and yellow sparks like fireworks came from the end of the wand. "Bravo. You have found yourself a wand, Mr. Potter. Seven galleons please."

Harry paid the old man and left in a hurry. "How did it do that?" he said to himself.

"That was a bit of me fault there Harry," said Hagrid standing next to the window holding a birdcage. "Oh and I gotcha a birthday present too." Inside the cage was a beautiful snowy owl.

The two finished up their day back at the Leaky Cauldron with some dinner. Harry was reading some of his new books just to see what he was in for. He always had gotten good marks in school so this shouldn't be too bad, he thought.

"Well Harry, I best be off. I've made arrangements for you to stay here until you leave fer Hogwarts," said Hagrid while getting up from the table. He dug his hands into his pockets and gave Harry a ticket. "Ere ya go Harry, make sure you don't lose this, and don't be late neither."

Harry looked at the ticket, which said "Platform 9 ," Very confused since he never heard of a platform with that number, he looked back up to Hagrid who was gone. He vanished into thin air. Harry grabbed all of his things and packed them into his room, upstairs of the Leaky Cauldron. He kept thinking of what is going to happen when he starts school and people realize that he's not that special.