Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter Z and the Sorcerer's Stone ❯ Train to Hogwarts ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Train to Hogwarts

On the morning of September 1st, Harry woke up and packed his things. He went downstairs and turned in his room key before asking direction to the train station. Luckily, it wasn't too far away, about eight blocks east to be precise. Harry realized that he still had a few hours before he needed to leave so he went and bought a few more items that he may need, such as food for Icaris, his pet owl that Hagrid got him for his birthday.

Harry left Diagon Alley around a quarter till ten and made it to King's Cross train station at half past. With every step closer to the station, Harry got more and more nervous. Before walking in, he did his best to hide his scar with his glasses and his hair. He thought to himself if no one knew that he was Harry Potter, maybe they wouldn't expect him to do great things. He pushed his cart through the doors and made his way to the platform, getting odd looks from the other people. The station was very busy today, especially Platforms 9 and 10.

Harry walked down the isles between Platforms 9 and 10 until reached the end. He couldn't seem to find a door or anything that may lead to Platform 9 . Confused and worried, he went to a man in a conductor's uniform. "Excuse me, sir. Do you know where I can find Platform 9 ?" he asked the man.

"Platform 9 ? Funnyman you think you are. Get out of here kid, I don't have time to play." Said the man rudely.

Distraught, Harry looked around again trying to find a way to get to Platform 9 , when he heard this from behind him. "Packed filled with muggles like every year," said a woman's voice. Harry turned around to see a family of six, four of them pushing carts similar to his. He followed behind them and came to the second to the last post between the two train platforms.

"Okay Percy, go first." Said the woman who Harry was guessing to be the mother. The young man ran towards the post and simple went through it but didn't come out on the other side.

"You're next Fred," she said again to the twins.

"I'm not Fred, he is," said the one on the left.

"Really, and you call yourself our mother," said the one on the right.

"I'm sorry George. Go on ahead." She apologized.

"I'm only joking mum, I am Fred," said the boy as he ran through the post, along with his brother.

"Umm…" said Harry, loud enough to get the woman's attention, "could you perhaps, umm… show me,"

"Oh, on how to get through the barrier? Don't worry, its Ron's first time to," she said while nodding to a redheaded freckled young boy who looked the same age as Harry. "It's easy. Just push your cart, straight at the post. Best if you sprint for your first time."

The little girl with her looked at Harry, "Good luck," she smiled at Harry.

Harry swallowed his fear, which felt like coming back up, and made a mad dash towards the post. He closed his eyes just before his cart touched the post. About three steps in, he opened them back up and saw that he was in a different part of the station. Ron soon followed him through.

The platform was filled with families. Many of them were leaving at the time as Harry noticed it was five till eleven. He parked Icaris and the rest of his stuff next to everyone else's and went to the line to enter the train.

Harry was seated in a cabin of his own. Again he was along for the first few minutes of the ride, but that changed with a tapping on the door.

"Do you mind?" said Ron in a shy voice, "all the others are full."

"No problem, have a seat." Said Harry, feeling better with having someone to talk to.

"My name is Ron, Ron Weasly."

"I'm Harry, Harry Potter."

Ron's eyes grew big once he heard that name. "Y-y-you're Harry Potter? Is it true then…about the scar?" he asked in an excited voice.

Harry thought to himself, "Why did I have to give him my name?" Harry took off his glasses and showed Ron his scar.

"Wicked!" said Ron.

The two boys talked about each other's interests, more so Ron than Harry did. He was keeping quiet and trying to soak as much as possible before they reach Hogwarts. Harry also bought the whole cart of candy and chocolate since he couldn't stand to see Ron eat the awful sandwich his mother sent with him.

"Hmm, these look good," said Harry while opening a box of jelly beans.

"Careful, they are Every Flavor Beans, and they do mean every." Said Ron with his mouth full of taffy. "Fred swore he got snot before."

Harry chewed one up and spitted it back out, "Eww, that tasted like dirt." A flavor Harry knew of thanks to Dudley. Harry picked up a small box with the name, Chocolate Frog. "It's not a real frog, is it?" he asked.

"Nah, It's enchanted. Besides, it's the cards you want. I have over 500 of them."

Harry opened the box and to his amazement, the piece of chocolate hopped out of the box like a real frog and jumped out the window.

"Bummer," said Ron, "What card did you get?"

Harry looked at the card and it was Professor Dumbledore. "I got Dumbledore," he said.

"I got about twenty of him."

A knock came at the door and a young girl opened came in looking around.

"Have you two seen a toad by chance? One of the Neville lost his and can't seem to find it," she asked while looking under the seats.

"Umm..No we haven't thank you," said Ron a bit rudely.

"No, sorry. We've been in here during the whole trip," said Harry trying to drown out Ron's rudeness. The young girl looked at Harry and her eyes grew wide.

"You're Harry Potter," she said in a loud voice on the verge of screaming.

Harry then realized that he neglected to put back on his glasses. "Um, yeah, I'm Harry."

The young girl sat down on the other side of the cabin. "My name is Hermione Granger. And you are?" She looks at Ron with his mouth filled with chocolate.

"Mmmronn Mmmheasly," he muttered.

"Pleasure," she said as she got back up. "I must be off for now. I need to go help Neville find his toad. We aren't too far off from Hogwarts. Might as well get dressed. By the way Ron, you have a smudge of dirt on your nose."

Ron gave her a glare as she left and then wiped his nose clean. The two started cleaning up the wrappers and got out their dress cloths as the door slid open again. It wasn't Hermione or the candy lady. It was the kid that Harry met at the robe shop.

"People are saying that Harry Potter is in this cabin. Is it true, are you him?" he says while looking at Harry.

"Yeah," said Harry as he finally gave up all hope in keeping his name a secret.

"The two behind me is Crabb and Goyle. I am Malfoy, Draco Malfoy."

Ron gave out a slight snicker and Malfoy got into his face. "You think my name is funny. I don't have to ask for yours, my father already told me about you Weasly's. Red hair, freckles, and more kids than what they can afford."

Malfoy turned to Harry as a face of hatred came over Ron. "You'll learn that there are some families that are better than other's, and I can help you there."

Malfoy extended his hand with a snobby grin across his face. "I think I already know," said Harry in a sarcastic tone. Malfoy's look became a frown.

"Better be careful, Potter. Hanging out with people like Hagrid and the Weasly's will only make you end up like your parents."

A brief moment of silence came into the cabin. Harry felt his blood boil hot like the day at the zoo with Piers. Ron looked all around the room as he noticed the light started flickering and the window cracked. Ron turned backed at Harry when he noticed that the loose floorboards began to vibrate.

"Suit yourself, Potter." Said Malfoy before he left the cabin.

Harry sat back down and tried to calm down. He was shivering slightly. His anger almost took over and he was afraid of that to happen and getting him into trouble like the day at the zoo.

"You should have just punched him, Harry," said Ron. Hermione entered the cabin again. "Oh, now you're not knocking."

"What's wrong with Harry?" she asked while seeing Harry leaning over with his head down.

"He almost…" said Ron before being interrupted by Harry.

"Nothing, I'm fine. Just a little motion sick," lied Harry.

"Well, I was just up at the front and I overheard that we are about five minutes from the stop. I just wanted to make sure you were all ready and I see you aren't," she said.

"We will be, if you would let us change, please," Ron said to here in an arguing tone and Hermione left the room. "Honestly, she's a first year and already acting like the Head Girl."